PDA

View Full Version : Favourite kind of cheese?

Danpjames
10-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Id have to say Stilton.

punk_flamingo
10-21-2004, 02:00 AM
stiltons gnarly...but id say cheddar was better m'dear ;)

borgy
10-21-2004, 02:09 AM
Cheese slices yummmmm processed cheese :cool:

Hysteria
10-21-2004, 04:06 AM
:eek: What about Ba-ba-ba-ba-babybel?

Probably just good ol' Cheddar for me.

Subsidal
10-21-2004, 05:36 AM
Gauda. ^^ I actually only eat cheese from the Netherlands :rolleyes:

ihatechrissneed
10-21-2004, 07:30 AM
i like pure essex cheddar

Ferna182
10-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Any kind of cheese :D

Danpjames
10-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Im suprised no one has mentioned Dick Cheese.

GunForHire
10-21-2004, 09:29 AM
I find Edam to be rather enjoyable when accompanied by a fine chateau Merignion.

:D

Andy
10-21-2004, 10:38 AM
'60s pop :eek:

Messy
10-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Mozzarella

Chris
10-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Philadelphia (ok thats cheating a bit but nevermind)

What
10-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Cheese is delicious, so I tend to like most kinds. I hate that provolone stinks so bad.

Messy
10-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Ehy What, where are you from? I didn't know that outside Italy the provolone is famous! :D

What
10-21-2004, 12:20 PM
I live in California. I've been eating Provolone since I was in junior high (I'm out of college now). I think a good number of people know what provolone is - they sell it at the supermarkets.

Messy
10-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Cool! I really didn't know that provolone is also known outside Italy! :D

Sunny
10-21-2004, 01:42 PM
hmm. i like brie, mozarella, camembert (especially with herbs, mmm) and roblochon.
im hungry now. :[

Jebus
10-21-2004, 06:50 PM
mozarella and cheddar cheese.

punk_flamingo
10-21-2004, 09:37 PM
I AM THE CHEESE WEASLE :D

ive changed my mind as well - i like paramsean cheese best. I sprinkle it on toast and everything....mmmmm cheeesee.

Tizzalicious
10-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Dutch cheese :cool:

Endymion
10-22-2004, 12:36 AM
the stuff on pizza.

Messy
10-22-2004, 01:29 AM
the stuff on pizza.

Mozzarella, usually!

Faded Soul
10-22-2004, 02:55 AM
since I started working in the deli..I've tasted quite a few varieties and took a like to most.

so now..from my last list a loong time ago.. it used to be..colby jack, pepper jack, chedder and mozzerella....add havarti (dofino), provolone, a sharper chedder made by Boar's Head brand...muenster, baby swiss, sharp & white american (better than your traditional yellow american)

Jack the Tripper
02-24-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm starting to hate the Offspring because some of the posts people here make, I'm not talking about how everyone hates me for some unkown reason or how I'm the only one who isn't annoying but the only one that gets complaints for being annoying, the main problem is all the off-topic bullshit and the mysterious factor that people cannot stay out of a thread if they think it's pointless.
I'm gonna keep posting this until someone learns what I'm trying to tell you gay nimrods. I'll keep bringing up these old threads until I'm heard. I'm not gonna stop until people realize what I'm trying to tell them.
I won't stop until atleast 1 person realizes what I'm saying

Ken Jennings
02-24-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm .........saying

Let's break this down.

I'm starting to hate the Offspring because some of the posts people here make

That's no reason to hate The Offspring.

I'm not talking about how everyone hates me for some unkown reason or how I'm the only one who isn't annoying but the only one that gets complaints for being annoying

You're hated because you spam alot, make topics about getting blow jobs from your mom, you have too many usernames and you spam alot.

the main problem is all the off-topic bullshit and the mysterious factor that people cannot stay out of a thread if they think it's pointless.

If they want to say something, let them. Why is that any of your business what they want to respond to?

I'm gonna keep posting this until someone learns what I'm trying to tell you gay nimrods. I'll keep bringing up these old threads until I'm heard. I'm not gonna stop until people realize what I'm trying to tell them.
I won't stop until atleast 1 person realizes what I'm saying

I realize what you're saying, but you can't control people. If everyone thought the same, the world would be boring. You have to have some tolerance for reasonable complaints. I have complaints and so do you. If they want to post, why should you care? Just be yourself and have a good time. If you loosen up a bit, people will like you more.

Jack the Tripper
02-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Let's break this down.

That's no reason to hate The Offspring.

You're hated because you spam alot, make topics about getting blow jobs from your mom, you have too many usernames and you spam alot.

If they want to say something, let them. Why is that any of your business what they want to respond to?

I realize what you're saying, but you can't control people. If everyone thought the same, the world would be boring. You have to have some tolerance for reasonable complaints. I have complaints and so do you. If they want to post, why should you care? Just be yourself and have a good time. If you loosen up a bit, people will like you more.
I'll try listening to you, but people can just be so annoying

dirtybird
02-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Thank you Ken, I was too lazy to do that.

Ken's right Jack; we all used to hate him, but now he's tolerable.

Ken Jennings
02-24-2005, 08:08 PM
I'll try listening to you, but people can just be so annoying

I know, just ignore them. This board is like real life in a way. Some good people, alot of morons.

Almighy_gir
02-25-2005, 12:25 AM
my favorite type of cheese....

toss up:
Van Halen or,
Motley Crue.

oh... wrong kinda cheese >;[

ik hou zo veel van goude kaas >;o

Radi0_havana52
02-25-2005, 12:29 AM
We really are running out of shit to post :(

Vicky
02-25-2005, 12:39 AM
i don't like cheese.. only cheese on pizza, or chedder if i'm really hungry!

Evilbaboon
02-25-2005, 05:55 AM
deepens what with altho all of the following are rad..

Motzarella
chedder
subways cheese (UM cheese and meet balls)
squeezey cheese,
and plastic cheese

Super Jack Rabbit
02-25-2005, 06:12 AM
Muenster all the way, punks!

\m/ :p \m/

Titus
02-25-2005, 06:12 AM
the word cheese make me laugh

Evilbaboon
02-25-2005, 06:13 AM
cheesy chips are the best invention since tellivision

Super Jack Rabbit
02-25-2005, 06:14 AM
Hey Titus, did you ever watch the show Titus?

JoY
02-25-2005, 06:56 AM
Dutch 'jong belegen' cheese, 'meshanger', brie, camembert, blue cheese, pepper cheese...

BuddyHolly
02-25-2005, 06:59 AM
Dutch 'jong belegen'

http://www.comfusion.nl/grazforum/images/smilies/103.gif

JoY
02-25-2005, 07:23 AM
hell yesssa.

Tizzalicious
02-25-2005, 01:05 PM
my favorite type of cheese....

toss up:
Van Halen or,
Motley Crue.

oh... wrong kinda cheese >;[

ik hou zo veel van goude kaas >;o

almost...goudse kaas.

I like...old dutch cheese. 20+ though. healthfreak. :o

Almighy_gir
02-25-2005, 01:07 PM
almost...goudse kaas.

I like...old dutch cheese. 20+ though. freak. :o

yeh... i noticed that too >_>

Tizzalicious
02-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh fuck you! :p

Almighy_gir
02-25-2005, 01:12 PM
you wish :cool:

Tizzalicious
02-25-2005, 01:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Kathy
02-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Mozarella!

Noodles is gay
02-25-2005, 04:07 PM
edam......the mature one, not other one.

nitropenguin!
02-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Smoked gouda cheese. <3

Panzerfaust92
03-27-2005, 03:10 PM
My favourite cheese is sharp cheddar

Homer
03-27-2005, 03:20 PM
hmmmm... dirt... never thought of it that way

Jack the Tripper
06-14-2005, 02:17 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/images/editor/justifyleft.gif

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-14-2005, 02:20 PM
What's with all the old thread-bumping recently?

Tired_Of_You
06-14-2005, 02:27 PM
It's our great friend Jack who keeps on doing that.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Just when you thought he'd found every way to be irritating..

Tired_Of_You
06-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Haha, but he has already done that before.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Has he? Hm. Well I guess he really has found every way to be irritating. He has the monopoly on irritating.

Hit_That
06-14-2005, 06:35 PM
cream cheese... or mozza

Lodat225
01-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Actually... this is the first thread from General Chat...

It's about cheese.

0r4ng3
01-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Actually, that other thread you bumped was the first General Chat thread. Check the times when they were first posted.

Oh, and my favorite cheese is Yellow American, because it's kind of a pun when I eat it.

Lodat225
01-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Actually, that other thread you bumped was the first General Chat thread. Check the times when they were first posted.

Edit: Oh... it's 12 am. True.

Camilamazed
01-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Moderators should really ban people who's bumping threads for no reason.

Lodat225
01-07-2007, 04:01 PM
They should, but they can't. Get over it.

JoY
01-07-2007, 05:21 PM
They should, but they can't. Get over it.

we can't ban at all, so that'd be correct. for this we also can't get anyone banned, so double correct.

you're so correct today.

I would also like to ask to those who adore mozzarella so fucking much; how? on its own it tastes like absolutely fucking nothing. it's only cheese-like texture & even that it seems to lack. together with pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, or on pizzas.. suure, defuckinglicious. but on its own? frankly, the first time I tried that, & I adored mozzarella back then for all its wonderful combinations I'd tasted in my life, I was the most disappointed I've probably ever been in my life. & a little disgusted, to be honest.

goat cheese makes my stomach happies. stilton cheese is also fabulous with English Christmas cake with rum. oh bay-BEE.

Bazza
01-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Mozzarella is far too salty to eat on it's own. I love edam, adn smoked cheeses that have a similar texture to edam. I like mild cheddar, but mature is too strong for me. I also like creamy lancashire (I doubt you get that outside the UK?)

I find any of the "mouldy" cheese (like stilton) disgusting. I just don't find them very nice.

JoY
01-07-2007, 05:33 PM
fungi & cheese are an awesome combination.

& how on earth is it ever possible you taste any salt when eating mozzarella? surely we don't know the same kind of mozzarella.

Bazza
01-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Quite possibly not! Though the mozzarella I tried was provided by an Italian (maybe they have local varients?).

Technically funghi and cheese do go together (it's the damn mould that makes it) however it tends to put me off when I can see it on/in the cheese i'm eating. Probably why I love edam so much (is it wrong to enjoy the rubbery part next to the wax? I find that bit the best)

JoY
01-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I've tasted mozzarella in Italy, France, the Netherlands, England, America.. it all tastes the same to me; tasteless. the only fun part of it, is that it has so much potential melted, because then it's so creamy. plus it's a good filler in salads, also for its creamy properties. still, I stick with my point that it tastes like nothing.

I must confess I sometimes enjoy that rubbery part too. something to chew on & it has more taste.

I have gigantic problems with mould (anything that's "gone bad"), but not on cheese. I like the strong taste & the creamy substance/texture of the somewhat more mouldy cheeses. combining them with something sweet, like grapes, or traditional English Christmas cake with rum, is simply heaven.

also, I forgot to mention raclette is AWESOME. <3333 preferably with those soft sweet Swiss potatoes, or bread, but also with tomatoes it is absolute heaven. some tea, white wine for a drink & you're settled for an entire evening.

...now I'm hungry like hell & totally in for a cheesy snack.

Linda
01-07-2007, 09:11 PM
sharp cheddar

Llamas
01-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Mozzarella is the second blandest cheese, after Swiss.

I'm from Wisconsin, so I've had more cheese than you can imagine. My favorite common cheeses are Munster and Pepperjack, I think. Extra sharp Cheddar owns, too. But I've had tons of really different stuff... cheeses that have various flavors and spices added. Pizza flavored cheese (really just cheese with oregeno and various pizza spices), salsa flavored cheese, garlic flavored, etc, etc, etc...

I love fresh cheese curds... especially white cheddar ones... and cheese stores in Wisconsin are the best. I'm going to miss those :( But you can get a 5 lb block of Munster cheese that's absolutely fresh *that day* for a couple bucks.

I've never met a cheese I didn't like, and if you gave me a block of cheese, I could likely finish it in one sitting. Just plain cheese.

T-6005
01-07-2007, 09:44 PM
I do love cream cheese, Kiri style. Boursin is great spread on a piece of fresh baguette, as it Rondele, although they're basically the same cheese with slight differences.

I enjoy camembert and Brie too, quite a bit. Tons of other cheeses I enjoy but don't really think of by name.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Oh, and my favorite cheese is Yellow American, because it's kind of a pun when I eat it.
MAJOR lollage at that.

I like gouda. And I like provolone or swiss on sandwiches. Yup.

Little_Miss_1565
01-07-2007, 09:49 PM
we can't ban at all, so that'd be correct. for this we also can't get anyone banned, so double correct.

you're so correct today.

But we can ask the admins to ban someone whose pattern of obnoxious and disruptive behavior includes constantly bumping old threads for no reason whatsoever.

killer_queen
01-08-2007, 03:14 AM
We don't have fancy types of cheese in supermarkets. It's kinda sad because I'm such a cheese addict. However I still don't understand the ones who love cheese and wine. They taste awful together and i's such a cheap thing to ruin the good wine with cheese.

Oh and it's a little off topic but I'd also like to add I LOVE fondue. It's the worst thing that happens to someone who's on a diet and the best thing for the ones who are always hungry (that would be me). Unfortunately I can't make it at home because I need a special fondue pot and kirsch. :(

JoY
01-08-2007, 10:29 AM
1565, true m'lady.

Mozzarella is the second blandest cheese, after Swiss.

I'm from Wisconsin, so I've had more cheese than you can imagine. My favorite common cheeses are Munster and Pepperjack, I think. Extra sharp Cheddar owns, too. But I've had tons of really different stuff... cheeses that have various flavors and spices added. Pizza flavored cheese (really just cheese with oregeno and various pizza spices), salsa flavored cheese, garlic flavored, etc, etc, etc...

I love fresh cheese curds... especially white cheddar ones... and cheese stores in Wisconsin are the best. I'm going to miss those :( But you can get a 5 lb block of Munster cheese that's absolutely fresh *that day* for a couple bucks.

I've never met a cheese I didn't like, and if you gave me a block of cheese, I could likely finish it in one sitting. Just plain cheese.

then you'd probably lovelovelove raclette. it's melted pretty strong, salty cheese (depends on which one you buy, but I like the saltiest one most).. optionally potatoes, or bread, or whatever you like with it.. & that's it. cheesecheesecheese. a whole lot of it. my dad & I used to do competitions who could eat the most portions. there are four things you should leave to the Swiss; being neutral, watches, army knives & cheese. & money/banking, but that's because they're so good at being neutral.

I love cheese, but I'm pretty critical. I don't just like any cheese. there most definitely is a difference between brie & good brie, camembert & good camembert. even the Dutch "meshanger" that's made the same way every single time doesn't always taste the same.

I also forgot to mention Appenzeller. oh I so don't mind going to Switzerland at least once a year.<3

Ninty Man
01-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Oaxaca and panela cheese

Oaxaca cheese
http://www.mozzco.com/scstore/images/queso_oax.jpg

Panela cheese
http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/panelacheese.jpg

Eazy-E
01-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Ah man I'm so badassssss tha I ea' it out of tha kow itself.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Gulsah, you visit me in the midwest someday and I will take you to a cheese store. :)

then you'd probably lovelovelove raclette. it's melted pretty strong, salty cheese (depends on which one you buy, but I like the saltiest one most).. optionally potatoes, or bread, or whatever you like with it.. & that's it. cheesecheesecheese. a whole lot of it. my dad & I used to do competitions who could eat the most portions. there are four things you should leave to the Swiss; being neutral, watches, army knives & cheese. & money/banking, but that's because they're so good at being neutral.
I just looked up the raclette. looks like it's found in switzerland and france. When I'm abroad, I'll make the effort to get some in switzerland. :) <3

And you seem to be right about the Swiss and cheese (and army knives, watches, being neutral, and money!)... but why is swiss cheese itself so bland then??!

I love cheese, but I'm pretty critical. I don't just like any cheese. there most definitely is a difference between brie & good brie, camembert & good camembert. even the Dutch "meshanger" that's made the same way every single time doesn't always taste the same.
Haha. I love all cheese regardless. However, I am very picky. I've been known to spend a half hour in the cheese aisle of the grocery store on a grocery trip. And I can spend over an hour in a cheese store in Wisconsin... I do love all cheese, but I'm totally a snob about it. I hate when people talk about how much they love cheese curds, but are actually talking about deep fried cheese... and have never even HEARD of a real cheese curd. For instance. Haha, and I get annoyed when people get cheese from the grocery store and tell me about this "awesome cheese!" they got... no, if you got it at a grocery store... AND you got it in Minnesota... it's not awesome. Faggot.

I also forgot to mention Appenzeller. oh I so don't mind going to Switzerland at least once a year.<3[/QUOTE]

JohnnyNemesis
01-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I LOVE that Oaxaca cheese. It's just unbelievably good. I also like Queso de Freir with some platano. I also enjoy Cheddar, American, Swiss, and Mozzarella.

On sandwiches, Swiss + Provolone + random lunch meat all hot and melted, thanks.

0r4ng3
01-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Ah man I'm so badassssss tha I ea' it out of tha kow itself.
I know this is a troll account, but it has to be said.

There's something seriously wrong with the cow if you're eating CHEESE straight from it.

Amiralanal
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Mcdonalds cheese is the best

Eazy-E
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Macdonals' is fo' white trash yo KFC is tha place ta be.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 01:56 PM
I LOVE that Oaxaca cheese. It's just unbelievably good. I also like Queso de Freir with some platano. I also enjoy Cheddar, American, Swiss, and Mozzarella.
Oaxaca is good, but it tastes so much like monterey jack to me... and monterey jack is kinda bland in the first place. Also, Cheddar is the only non-bland cheese on that list! American?? WTF?? That's not even real cheese. :( And swiss and mozz... well they're pretty much the two blandest cheeses ever.

On sandwiches, Swiss + Provolone + random lunch meat all hot and melted, thanks. Provolone might be the best sandwich cheese of all time. Swiss is only good with ham, though. It tastes lame with any other meat.

I know this is a troll account, but it has to be said.

There's something seriously wrong with the cow if you're eating CHEESE straight from it.
I was thinking that... kind of disturbing. Yet also funny.

JohnnyNemesis
01-08-2007, 01:57 PM
That's not even real cheese.

This is HILARIOUS coming from you :P

Llamas
01-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Haha! Why?

Eazy-E
01-08-2007, 01:59 PM
'cause white peeps ain't real cheeese, yo

lilian [darkest star]
01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Cottage Cheese for the win!

Llamas
01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Oh! I forgot about the awesomeness of Colby-Jack, marble cheese, and brick cheese! How could I forget??

and someone said something about fondue... yessssss.

edit: cottage cheese also owns... much like cream cheese.

killer_queen
01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Gulsah, you visit me in the midwest someday and I will take you to a cheese store.
Mmmm, cheese+hawt leasbian sex=my favourite combination *books plane ticket*

So, no one likes fondue? :(

Eazy-E
01-08-2007, 02:06 PM
My favorite kind o' cheeese is kick-ass cheese, yo peeps know whut I'm sayin'?

Bazza
01-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Fondue?

I didn't realise people actually had that! Isn't a pain bothering to do it?

Llamas
01-08-2007, 02:08 PM

Hey, nerdface.

and someone said something about fondue... yessssss.

Apparently I'm no one! Sad.

lawlz! I've never used cheese in the bedroom! Sounds hot.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Fondue?

I didn't realise people actually had that! Isn't a pain bothering to do it?

If you like cooking and preparing food, it's a ton of fun. You're a guy, though. You wouldn't understand. :P

Bazza
01-08-2007, 02:11 PM
If you like cooking and preparing food, it's a ton of fun. You're a guy, though. You wouldn't understand. :P

My culinery expertise don't go any further than a decent spaghetti bolognese, so yeah I guess I wouldn't understand :p

Lodat225
01-08-2007, 02:11 PM
But we can ask the admins to ban someone whose pattern of obnoxious and disruptive behavior includes constantly bumping old threads for no reason whatsoever.

Constantly? You mean me? I did it twice, honey.

killer_queen
01-08-2007, 02:16 PM
nerdface? me? that's the best insult I've ever heard. And I wrote my post before you replied. By the way, apparently I'm "someone" so don't complain aboutbeing noone.

Grabbal
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
My favourite is "gulost" from Norway..
Just plain and simple..

JohnnyNemesis
01-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Constantly? You mean me? I did it twice, honey.

You're a dirty fucking liar. Shut the fuck up.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 02:23 PM
nerdface? me? that's the best insult I've ever heard. And I wrote my post before you replied. By the way, apparently I'm "someone" so don't complain aboutbeing noone.
I have the best insults known to man. You betta reconahz. And being someone is better than being no one. Anyone will agree with me there. :(

JoY
01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
I just looked up the raclette. looks like it's found in switzerland and france. When I'm abroad, I'll make the effort to get some in switzerland. :) <3

And you seem to be right about the Swiss and cheese (and army knives, watches, being neutral, and money!)... but why is swiss cheese itself so bland then??!

I think it's part of Swiss tradition & it finds its origin in Wallis (Valais in English & French, why it's shortened to Vl), where our house happens to be, close to the Aletschgletsjer. they put a massive chunk of devine raclette-käse on a standard, put a heater over it, until the top melts, they scrape that off on your plate & voilà. it looks like this, but the old devices are much more.. charming:
http://www.cuisinstore.com/images/appareil_raclette_ustensile_de_cuisine.jpg

at home we use a gourmet thingie to melt the cheese, we just put in a chunk of it in one of those little pans & that works fine as well. plus you get to eat the "crust", which is yumz & you don't get to do that in a restaurant. it starts with this:
http://penglobe.hautetfort.com/images/medium_220105_39_.jpg
& ends like this:
http://www.tastingmenu.com/media/2002/20021231-newyears/images/13-raclette.jpg

a wild guess; I think the Swiss cheese you're talking about isn't exactly.. Swiss. I have never even heard of Swiss cheese & I go to Switzerland at least once a year ever since I was born.

this reminds me of how in the Netherlands we have many foods that are called after America. I don't mean to be rude, but the unhealthier, the more likely it's to be called "American [..]" over here. like, we have a kind of pizza, called American Pizza from Dr. Oetker, or Wagner, or whatever. say for yourself, do those brands sound American to you? I remember Claibe coming to Amsterdam, walking around in the supermarket, totally cracking up while picking up "American Pizza", saying; "dude, we don't even have that in America", or something along those lines.

I just found something for you on wiki:
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_cheese

Emmental cheese takes an elaborate process of riping, et cetera. without it, it's a rather tasteless cheese. with it, it becomes salty & kind of sweet-ish. I'm not a gigantic fan of Emmental cheese, unless it's good Emmental cheese, but as you see the taste of Swiss cheeses depends of the region where it's made/originally comes from & the tradition & culture of that region.

Bazza
01-08-2007, 02:41 PM
That cheese looks so nice, damnit i've got a craving now!

JoY
01-08-2007, 02:43 PM

I like fondue, but we only eat it when it's appropriate, which is most of the times in Switzerland, as part of "their tradition" & all that. & in that case I most definitely prefer raclette. so every time my parents suggest fondue, I say I would prefer to eat raclette & then everything's all settled, because my dad's always with me on this. fondue is only good with alcohol in it. lots of it. dipping bread in it gets boring after a while, so I used veggies a couple of times. still, in the beginning I always enjoy fondue, but after a couple of minutes it always bores me. I guess the family-time, the coziness of it, sitting around the table together eating from the same pan, is all I really, really love about it.

killer_queen
01-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Ooooooh! The last one seems so...what do you say? orgasmic?

Nina
01-08-2007, 02:47 PM
- I usually love Raclett, but last time I had it (new years eve....a tradition!) I felt sick and it is lasting until today, though not as bad. My body is fucked up.
- I dont like fondue that much. I do, however, like chocolate fondue...a LOT. omg.
- My favorite type of cheese is Gouda.
- I hate French cheese
- I like cream cheese the most

Llamas
01-08-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.tastingmenu.com/media/2002/20021231-newyears/images/13-raclette.jpg

OH!! I've soooo had that before!!! I didn't know what it was called. And omgomgomgomg I LOOOOOOVE IT. My friends make it for every party they have... at the last one, I ate almost the entire thing... haha.

a wild guess; I think the Swiss cheese you're talking about isn't exactly.. Swiss. I have never even heard of Swiss cheese & I go to Switzerland at least once a year ever since I was born.

this reminds me of how in the Netherlands we have many foods that are called after America. I don't mean to be rude, but the unhealthier, the more likely it's to be called "American [..]" over here. like, we have a kind of pizza, called American Pizza from Dr. Oetker, or Wagner, or whatever. say for yourself, do those brands sound American to you? I remember Mota Boy coming to Amsterdam, walking around in the supermarket, totally cracking up while picking up "American Pizza", saying; "dude, we don't even have that in America", or something along those lines.
haha, Americans are unhealthy globally speaking, so it makes sense. :p And American cheese = ew. I mean, I'll eat it cause it's cheese. But man, it really barely qualifies as cheese!

I just found something for you on wiki:
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_cheese

Emmental cheese takes an elaborate process of riping, et cetera. without it, it's a rather tasteless cheese. with it, it becomes salty & kind of sweet-ish. I'm not a gigantic fan of Emmental cheese, unless it's good Emmental cheese, but as you see the taste of Swiss cheeses depends of the region where it's made/originally comes from & the tradition & culture of that region.

Yeah, that's what we call swiss cheese, I guess. I like it, but it's bland and sweet.

JoY
01-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Nina, maybe you should try some tea next time you're eating raclette. it's so the cheese doesn't clutter together in your stomach like mad & it makes it less of a stone. the warmth of tea keeps the raclette somewhat softer in your belly. cheese is heavy stuff, especially raclette, because it's an entire meal, almost entirely consisting of cheese. I remember times I sat for hours & hours in the bathroom with intense stomach pains from eating too much raclette. Edit: damn competitions with my dad. *grins* he always wins anyway.

it sounds like I need to take you, Gulsah & Bri, to Wallis for a change!

Llamas
01-08-2007, 02:57 PM
it sounds like I need to take you, Gulsah & Bri, to Wallis for a change!

For what??

JoY
01-08-2007, 02:59 PM
for uberfucking good raclette cheese? nevermind, next time I'm there, I'll buy you some & see if I can send it to you by mail somehow. it can stay outside the fridge for a few days, I wonder how fast they can deliver it to the other side of the planet.

Nina
01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
I laughed out loud when I read your post, Isaness! Cause tea is the only thing I drink, hahaha.

killer_queen
01-08-2007, 03:03 PM
For what??
Don't even ask. She's a fucking pervert.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 03:04 PM
for uberfucking good raclette cheese? nevermind, next time I'm there, I'll buy you some & see if I can send it to you by mail somehow. it can stay outside the fridge for a few days, I wonder how fast they can deliver it to the other side of the planet.

Duuuuude, I've had it! I said that I've had it! I just know the name. :p

But we can still hang out! You, me, Nina and Gulsah... would be a party!

Nina
01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
A naked Twister party!

JoY
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I laughed out loud when I read your post, Isaness! Cause tea is the only thing I drink, hahaha.

yeah, I had such a suspicion.. & tea is <3, so makes sense. eat less of it & slower then?

Don't even ask. She's a fucking pervert.

wowow, what did I do? I mean, THIS time. ;p

Duuuuude, I've had it! I said that I've had it! I just know the name. :p

But we can still hang out! You, me, Nina and Gulsah... would be a party!

but you haven't had the SWISS raclette from the original region! oh babe, it's devine & since we're all cheese lovers....<33!

A naked Twister party!

oooo, I'm in! *pervert*

killer_queen
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
A naked Twister party!

YESSSS! somebody will be jealousssss...

Nina
01-08-2007, 03:17 PM
yeah, I had such a suspicion.. & tea is <3, so makes sense. eat less of it & slower then?

I really wish it was that easy :( My body IS fucked up. Everyone had to pay 8€ for all the food they bought, but I basically ate for less than 2€ because I hardly ate anything on that night. I felt sick immediatelly, ya know? It is definitely not the quantity that caused it. And I dont think I'm a fast eater (ask Tizz o.0). So I think it's another problem I have that nobody has figured out yet.

JoY
01-08-2007, 03:17 PM
oh, more somebodies than just one, I can assure you, babez.

JoY
01-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I really wish it was that easy :( My body IS fucked up. Everyone had to pay 8€ for all the food they bought, but I basically ate for less than 2€ because I hardly ate anything on that night. I felt sick immediatelly, ya know? It is definitely not the quantity that caused it. And I dont think I'm a fast eater (ask Tizz o.0). So I think it's another problem I have that nobody has figured out yet.

well, I don't find it all that weird. if you have a stomach that's easily upset, raclette is one killer meal.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Twister... cheese... three sexy ladiez... my life is complete!

JoY
01-08-2007, 03:22 PM
twistercheesesex.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Wow. It sounds so amazing. And possibly a bit disturbing?

darea
01-08-2007, 03:31 PM
My favourite cheeses are Lou Perac
http://www.bedfordcheeseshop.com/images/1294__107200395613.jpg
gouda
http://www.food-info.net/images/cheese/gouda.jpg

epoisse
http://i.xanga.com/tomsaaristo/epoisse_cheese.jpg

Parmesan

http://www.mikanafoods.com/images/photos/parmesan.jpg

Bazza
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
All this talk of cheese foced me to make some cheese on toast

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/bazza1987/STA60007.jpg

Llamas
01-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Bumping old threads = lame.

Bumping this thread = awesome awesomeness.

I just needed to say that.

And now I'm eating a frozen pizza which is doused in another winner, PARMESAN CHEESE!