PDA

View Full Version : In high school, I was diagnosed with ADD

Mota Boy
06-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Attention Deficit Disorder. Disorder. I have a deficit of attention, and this is a disorder.

Oh really?

A century ago, it was important to maintain ones concentration. If you grow crops or dig rocks or punch clocks, then it's important to be able to focus on the task at hand. When you're engaged in the same dull, repetitive task, there's no room to let your mind wander. You'd go crazy if you couldn't take simple pleasure in pulling up thousands of tiny weeds each acre only to have them return the next day. Allow your mind to wander in a mine and you're liable to lose a limb. And what do you do in your time off, between your eight hours of exhausted sleep and twelve-hour days? Wait until the 20's for Marconi's magic machine to pipe in music and serials? Read a book or the paper or chat with friends. You likely live in a small town that you'll probably never leave. There's nothing to distract you and no time for it to happen. Your knowledge is largely limited to local news and gossip. You get a local job on the farm or the factory or the feed store. Time moves slowly, if at all.

Fast forward a century, things have changed. Over half the world lives in cities. Choice has expanded radically. What do you want to do? You want to be a doctor? Lawyer? Cabbie? Farmer? Beggar? Whore? Astronaut? Assassin? Waiter? Prizefighter? Firefighter? Sports writer? Overnighter? Where do you want to eat? There's Mexican, American, French, Thai, Cuban, Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese (lots of these), Indian, Ethiopian, Mediterranean, Caribbean, cajun, burger joints, sub stops, rib shacks, steak houses, BBQ, fast food, casual dining, fast-cash, diners, delis, eateries, meat-and-three... and several choices for each type.

You want to sit back and relax, eh? Read a book - you have access to just about all that your ancestors did, plus a century's-worth of new material. Or watch TV. Three stations? Try thousands. Or how about movies? Or the internet - billions of pages of information. Are you up on the latest celebrity gossip? The newest bands? TV shows? Movies? Books? Politics? Technology? Sports (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS, WNBA, NCAA, wrestling, swimming, poker, curling, surfing, skateboarding, fencing, rollerball, competitive eating...)? Fashion? Hell, even radio, once relatively benign in the realm of choice, has exploded with the advent of satellite radio. Information is blasting at us from all sides like a firehose at a teacup, a neverending stream of new things to know and dissect and have opinions on. How are you ever supposed to choke it all down without managing to do fifty things at once? I don't have a disorder, I have a motherfucking adaptation.

St. Jimmy
06-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Attention Deficit Disorder. Disorder. I have a deficit of attention, and this is a disorder.

Really? Me too! they say i have that...

greasemo
06-08-2005, 02:20 PM
so what do you want, pity?

St. Jimmy
06-08-2005, 02:21 PM

No, it's kinda cool to have that...i go to the nurse alot...and miss class :D

the_GoDdEsS
06-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Quite overwhelming for a widdle little human. And they apparently still keep the latest discoveries and inventions secret so we don't go completely insane. Who knows?

greasemo
06-08-2005, 02:26 PM
No, it's kinda cool to have that...i go to the nurse alot...and miss class :D

no i'm talking to Mota Boy

Mota Boy
06-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Because I know that you won't be the only idiot who will misinterpret my post, I'll say now that this isn't just about Attention Deficit Disorder - it was a vehicle to talk about the radical expansion of choice and flood of new information with which humans have had to cope over the past century. The subtext of the piece was the vague suggestion that perhaps the rising rate of "ADD" is a product of raising developing minds in an environment bombarded by so much change, but mainly it was about all the new options out there.

the_GoDdEsS
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
They always take everything literally. *sighs*

greasemo
06-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Because I know that you won't be the only idiot who will misinterpret my post, I'll say now that this isn't just about Attention Deficit Disorder - it was a vehicle to talk about the radical expansion of choice and flood of new information with which humans have had to cope over the past century. The subtext of the piece was the vague suggestion that perhaps the rising rate of "ADD" is a product of raising developing minds in an environment bombarded by so much change, but mainly it was about all the new options out there.

yes i understood this, so what do you want? attention because you noticed this? Pity because you're one of the "victims" of an expanding economy? Oh great there's a whole bunch of new options out there. I like it, it makes my life better. And I don't have A.D.D. I accept new technilogical advances with welcoming arms! No, you don't have a motherfucking adaption, you lack the ability to adapt to todays environment.

JoY
06-08-2005, 02:42 PM
pity? does this topic strike you as an attempt to lame attention-whoring?
thought so.

either way, everyfuckingone nowadays is diagnosed with that. are you rebellious, are you a dreamer, are you a chaotic dreamer, are you 'hyper'active, do you like kicks, can't you deal with authority, does your mind wander a lot, can't keep your thoughts together? THERE, you have a disorder, (meaning you're suddenly officially don't live up to society's standards of normality, are thus not normal, or even worse; abnormal) take another Ritalin & shut the fuck up.

if I would've went to psychiatrist in my troubled days, I BET I suddenly would've become a manic depressed, borderline, bipolar chicka. it's literally -insulting- for people, who really suffer from hormonal disbalance & other physically based mental problems, that every person, that can't fucking deal a 100% ALL the time with the insane society we've built, gets a disorder sticked to his/her forehead. plus it's damaging to someone, who's perfectly healthy & normal. they go in a room having a problem, or problems, they come out & suddenly have a freakin' DISORDER. oh shut up.

with all the abnormalities that are humanly possible to have.. is even anyone still normal? if you'd send the entire planet into a psychiatrist's office, would anyone still leave that room sane? I'm not saying they state wrong diagnosises, I'm saying they have too many. these days every little odd thing about every single person would fall under a category of a mental illness. but maybe it's normal to be different, maybe aside from basic instincts etc humans can't be programmed machines, maybe it's just human variation. maybe -that's- the definition of sanity.

I consider everyone, that OVERAL can function in this society, entirely sane. no disorders, no illnesses, only problems. & everyone has problems, or little odd habbits.

the_GoDdEsS
06-08-2005, 02:49 PM
yes i understood this, so what do you want? attention because you noticed this? Pity because you're one of the "victims" of an expanding economy? Oh great there's a whole bunch of new options out there. I like it, it makes my life better. And I don't have A.D.D. I accept new technilogical advances with welcoming arms! No, you don't have a motherfucking adaption, you lack the ability to adapt to todays environment.

You can't be as stupid as to call this attention-whoring. Excuse me but this is a brilliantly presented idea, a point which many posts here lack completely. You obviously have trouble comprehending things. You've been misinterpreting quite a few posts on this BBS already.

greasemo
06-08-2005, 02:51 PM
I think this is high time for one of my favorite quotes:
"In an insane society, only the sane are insane"

greasemo
06-08-2005, 02:55 PM
You can't be as stupid as to call this attention-whoring. Excuse me but this is a brilliantly presented idea, a point which many posts here lack completely. You obviously have trouble comprehending things. You've been misinterpreting quite a few posts on this BBS already.

first of all, interpretation is to that of the beholder. There are always different ways to interpret things. But that's beside the point. It is a good observation, but certainly does not need the part about A.D.D thrown in. If the person who first wrote the post didn't write it like a complete attention whore and put in the absolutely unnesecary part about them having A.D.D, then I would have respected them and perhaps hailed them for it.

Mota Boy
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
yes i understood this, [[writes some more stuff indicating that s/he doesn't understand anything]].
Oh, I assumed you didn't read most of the post. I hadn't thought to consider that you read the whole thing and just completely misread the tone. You're awful at conversing and I'm just going to ignore you (not place you on my ignore list, just stop responding) until I don't have to answer your posts by explaining things you should've picked up on your own. I can't hold your hand and walk you through my threads.

JoY
06-08-2005, 03:01 PM
again; did this topic seriously strike you in ANY way as an attempt to lame attention-whoring?

if it did, your interpretation of things is way off.

the ADD had a function in his post. a -function-. it's probably difficult for you to understand how any personal information can have an actual function while having interaction with other people, but trust me, it can.

the_GoDdEsS
06-08-2005, 03:03 PM
greasemo, please learn to read.

The subtext of the piece was the vague suggestion that perhaps the rising rate of "ADD" is a product of raising developing minds in an environment bombarded by so much change, but mainly it was about all the new options out there.

I thought the idea of relating this to "ADD" was rather good. And the title obviously was not completely serious.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Interpretation only is when the beholder is not completely wrong. I'm not going to analyse the whole thread for you. You fail to understand it.

greasemo
06-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Okay so I didn't interpret your post the way you wanted me to. I'm just voicing what the feel of it is from someone who is not you and doesn't know everything that goes on in your mind. So shoot me. The question now is, did you write it well, or am I just a complete dumbass. That's a question of opinion so think what you want, and insult me all you want. Opinions work as well as insults as sponge works as bullets.

JoY
06-08-2005, 03:06 PM
fact stays; you're wrong.
NEXT.

the_GoDdEsS
06-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Okay so I didn't interpret your post the way you wanted me to. I'm just voicing what the feel of it is from someone who is not you and doesn't know everything that goes on in your mind. So shoot me. The question now is, did you write it well, or am I just a complete dumbass. That's a question of opinion so think what you want, and insult me all you want. Opinions work as well as insults as sponge works as bullets.

Understand this. Every living being has the right for an interpretation. Nobody wanted you to interpret this in any way. You read a post and take what you want from it, eventually reply. What you did though was completely misinterpret this. Misinterpretation = wrong interpretation. That's clear enough, right? You process things as raw formal text, learn to read between the lines, learn to read jokes, learn not to take every piece of information literally, learn irony, learn sarcasm, learn different ways of pointing out things.

It's the fucking magic of writing.

JoY
06-08-2005, 03:14 PM
let's not ruin the whole point of the thread.

what I said about all the different abnormalities a human can possibly have, that also indicates a viarity of choices that has gone.. pretty much wild. all the options, all the choices, all the different forms of entertainment, everything is adjusted to the fact that everybody's is different & requires different things. FINE, that's all peachy fine, really. but I often have the feeling we're losing ourselves in this.

greasemo
06-08-2005, 03:15 PM
alright lets start over with the original post. Okay so first it explains how when you lived a century ago, if you had A.D.D you were screwed. Then it explains how now on days, there are thousands of things to choose from in your life. And then the poster finishes it off with "Information is blasting at us from all sides like a firehose at a teacup, a neverending stream of new things to know and dissect and have opinions on. How are you ever supposed to choke it all down without managing to do fifty things at once? I don't have a disorder, I have a motherfucking adaptation." So I guess what I was wondering about was what does A.D.D have to do with the current myraid of choice that exists in this society?

RXP
06-08-2005, 03:19 PM
You write that shit? If this was MSN I would say - (y) [thumbs up]

JoY
06-08-2005, 03:26 PM
alright lets start over with the original post. Okay so first it explains how when you lived a century ago, if you had A.D.D you were screwed. Then it explains how now on days, there are thousands of things to choose from in your life. And then the poster finishes it off with "Information is blasting at us from all sides like a firehose at a teacup, a neverending stream of new things to know and dissect and have opinions on. How are you ever supposed to choke it all down without managing to do fifty things at once? I don't have a disorder, I have a motherfucking adaptation." So I guess what I was wondering about was what does A.D.D have to do with the current myraid of choice that exists in this society?
ADD wouldn't have existed a century ago. I guess that was the main point. it's not strange, abnormal, disfunctional, whatever, to be distracted when there are about fourty-thousand-million things around you that -could- distract you.

a century ago YOU picked the activities, form of entertainment, kind of food, etc, that you preferred, or interested you. these days all those things try to pick YOU. it's the other way around. everything has become a giant trap to trick people into eating it, reading it, watching, using it.....

RXP
06-08-2005, 03:28 PM
ADD is more than mere distraction.

greasemo
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
jesus, you could write a novel about this...i'm sure someone has too. and to JoY and the goddess (for the second time today), my most sincere apologies for being an ass. I art defeat! but i supppose i just don't agree that the lack of choice is the lack of distraction.

Moose
06-08-2005, 03:33 PM
chances are you are either stupid or the topics in class are really boring...they are just giving either your weak mind an excuse or their weak teaching skills/topics an excuse...either way its probably all bullshit.

JoY
06-08-2005, 03:52 PM
ADD is more than mere distraction.
I know. that's where my first post in this topic came from. but it IS a part of it & it happens to be the symptom we're discussing now.

//Edit; I'd like to take this back. this thread is about the insanity of society today, illustrated (& quite well, if I may say) with one of the main symptoms of ADD. it's merely used for illustration.

greasemo; accepted. =)

wheelchairman
06-08-2005, 04:07 PM
oy this topic was depressing.

Greasemo and the rest of the plebeian mass like you, you depress me. What's more depressing than Mota Boy's (well-written) piece on the development of society and development of ADD (or the development of the diagnosis of ADD) is the fact that you can be so dumb, as to misinterpret this entire topic, make an ass out of yourselves, then not admit that you are wrong and continue thinking you are smarter than the rest of us. It's 1 am, I'm full of loathing.

Moose, shutup. Seriously, shutup. For a guy who goes to uni you have to be the thickest person on the bbs. Your posts embarrass me. Stop trying to sound smart and stop talking to people.

Mota Boy, not like I need to say this, but you have my respect, one of the few people on this bbs who does. As do you Joy.

SkunkIt
06-08-2005, 04:17 PM
I was tested for that in the 7th grade, because my math teacher, who gave everyone F's, went from teaching kindergarten to the 7th grade and yelled at everyone, told my parents to get me tested for ADD. I went to a public school to get tested, it turned out the counselor there didn't know how the write a capital F in cursive, so he asked a few teachers, and the principal finally told him it's a capital F. Before a doctor found out if I had ADD or not, he prescribed me Ritalin and it gave me stomach cramps. Later, they found out I don't have ADD and Im above average. But a few years later in High school, I got a few other disorders.

JoY
06-08-2005, 04:18 PM
that's good to hear, Per love.

RXP
06-08-2005, 04:30 PM
For a guy who goes to uni

If I dind't know you so well I'd say you are a fool for assuming uni folk are smart. Most of the uni people I know are pretty stupid (drink! pub! club! drink!) and poor apparently stupid people have more intersting things to say about life.

wheelchairman
06-08-2005, 04:43 PM
If I dind't know you so well I'd say you are a fool for assuming uni folk are smart. Most of the uni people I know are pretty stupid (drink! pub! club! drink!) and poor apparently stupid people have more intersting things to say about life.
Oh I'm well aware of that fact. I just find it depressing. Especially since there are plenty of intelligent people on the bbs, who go to Uni, and seem to have been the better for it, you, Mota Boy, Joy, Endymion, sKratch, and many others I'm forgetting. But yeah I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Sin Studly
06-08-2005, 05:50 PM
MAIL ME YOUR DEXTROAMPHETAMINE! I'll pay $1/10mg.

greasemo
06-08-2005, 05:54 PM
what? what does dextroamphetamine do?

greasemo
06-08-2005, 06:27 PM
this post is to commerate Mota Boy and to bring to attention my most sincere apologies for the thread about A.D.D. I read it through again and all I can do is hang my head in shame and beg for your forgiveness. I was being stupid and an ass and nameless other things and all I can do now is wonder whether I was on something when I wrote it. Truely sorry Mota Boy! It was a good article, honest! I was just being an ass for no real reason, and I regret it now, as I've already made apparant

this is also a thread, i know, so no need to point that out.

Sin Studly
06-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Uh, nothing, they're just sugar tablets, really. Don't do a damn thing. Placebos. Mail me all of yours. And methylphenidrate too, I'll take that for $1/30mg.

HornyPope
06-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Didn't read, the post. Too long. Can't concentrate. Will try later.

Sin Studly
06-08-2005, 06:30 PM
either way, everyfuckingone nowadays is diagnosed with that.

I'M NOT! And even if I was they'd refuse to medicate me for it cause I have documented history of amphetamine abuse. MAIL ME ALL YOUR MEDICATIONS! MAIL THEM TO ME! I'LL PAYPAL YOU!

greasemo
06-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Didn't read, the post. Too long. Can't concentrate. Will try later.

translation: I didn't read what this entire thread is about, but i'll post in it anyway just to, god i dunno, why did you?

HornyPope
06-08-2005, 06:32 PM
translation: I didn't read what this entire thread is about, but i'll post in it anyway just to, god i dunno, why did you?

Lolz I dunno bcuz i'm bored? DONT TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANT POST, YOURE NOT MY FATHER.

greasemo
06-08-2005, 06:35 PM
....luke...*breathes loudly*

Sin Studly
06-08-2005, 06:40 PM

Congrats, you just missed the point of another witty and intelligent post. Retard.

greasemo
06-08-2005, 06:58 PM
i was merely elaborating...internet isn't the best tool for this

Sin Studly
06-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Don't try to feign sarcasm now, you've already proven yourself to be a complete and utter moron.

ruroken
06-08-2005, 07:22 PM
I have ADHD. :cool:

Sin Studly
06-08-2005, 07:27 PM
ruroken, we know. Believe me, we know.

Sell me your meds?

ruroken
06-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Sorry. I can't sell them to you. ADHD sucks though, because every second is like 2 seconds! :(

Sin Studly
06-08-2005, 07:51 PM
That's why you should stop taking your meds. And send them to me.

Moose
06-08-2005, 09:45 PM

jeez even I knew that was a joke, and I was just called an idiot by everyone on this bbs...and i was just making a joke on how everyone is diagnosed with A.D.D...i just find sometimes it may be used more as an excuse rather than an actual sickness.

kevin wasserman iz onhemp
06-08-2005, 10:33 PM
I was dignosed with ADHD when i was 5, and 11 yeards later i still get in hissy fits and temper antrums with myparents about eating my brokeley. i m at the bottom of my class....................every 1 hates me :mad:

Sin Studly
06-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah, sell drugs. Mail your dexies to me and I'll pay you $1/10mg. You'll be t3h coolz0rz.

sKratch
06-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Oh I'm well aware of that fact. I just find it depressing. Especially since there are plenty of intelligent people on the bbs, who go to Uni, and seem to have been the better for it, you, Mota Boy, Joy, Endymion, sKratch, and many others I'm forgetting. But yeah I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Word. *Acknowledgement of props*
But yeah, on a tangent to the direction the thread wasn't supposed to go in - I hate the overdiagnosis of ADD.
On another note, Mota you did a rather swell job of writing that. Although I don't really see a true connection between rising ADD and the "choice explosion" (I also know this isn't the crux of argument, though), the said "choice explosion" is pretty fascinating. I also just watched I <3 Huckabees so I'm in a strange state of mind.

Nina
06-09-2005, 06:53 AM
what comes into my mind when i think of that is the fact that everybody from the 17-18th century who was slightly educated was a doctor, a lawyer and a mathematics-genius at once. now you cant even just be a "doctor" anymore, you need to specialize.

yet there is so much we still need to discover.

thats so freaking awesome. (oh, no no! i am refering to the fact that i've thought of this several years before Mota Boy did :D )

引出しの人
06-09-2005, 07:54 AM
I was dignosed with ADHD when i was 5, and 11 yeards later i still get in hissy fits and temper antrums with myparents about eating my brokeley. i m at the bottom of my class....................every 1 hates me :mad:
Dude, I can control myself. I just have outbursts. Try and keep yourself together...

Mota Boy
06-09-2005, 09:22 AM
with all the abnormalities that are humanly possible to have.. is even anyone still normal?... these days every little odd thing about every single person would fall under a category of a mental illness. but maybe it's normal to be different, maybe aside from basic instincts etc humans can't be programmed machines, maybe it's just human variation. maybe -that's- the definition of sanity.
What's so funny about stuff like this is that you just have a personality quirk until enough people share rough symptoms of that quirk, then suddenly it's a disorder. Let's assume that the U.S., Canada and Europe essentially operate as one medical community with shared information. That's on the order of one billion people. Let's assume that one in a thousand people suffer mentally to the extent that they are unable to function well in society - laziness, being scatterbrained, unable to talk to others, depression, etc. That's a million people. Most of these people will go to the doctor seeking treatment. Now, out of these million people, groups of certain thousands are likely to share symptoms. The symptoms are fairly vague and can likely be attributed to a much greater percentage of the population. (I don't know what to call the phenomenon, but it's the same thing you see when someone makes a description of their ideal mate and everyone responds "Oh my God, you just described me PERFECTLY!") and suddenly it becomes a disorder - something that isn't your fault, that you can't deal with on your own, that you need the medical community's help to solve. Crazy crazy.

You write that shit?
Ironically, I began writing it around 9 a.m. and didn't finish it up until after four.

Mota you did a rather swell job of writing that. Although I don't really see a true connection between rising ADD and the "choice explosion"
I didn't link those as well as I could've. I was mainly thinking of children being raised in the presence of new technology - television, movies (both of which are faster-paced with more frequent cuts than in previous decades), the 'net, etc.

MAIL ME YOUR DEXTROAMPHETAMINE! I'll pay $1/10mg.
Hahahahahaha... at my high school you could get 1/1.

And Wheely - right back atcha, big guy.

Mota Boy
06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
what comes into my mind when i think of that is the fact that everybody from the 17-18th century who was slightly educated was a doctor, a lawyer and a mathematics-genius at once. now you cant even just be a "doctor" anymore, you need to specialize.
Of course, survival rates for medical procedures and lifespans have also greatly improved in that time period, but yeah, it's much harder to get an entry-level position when suddenly so much knowledge is required. You can't just walk in off the street and get a job like you could years ago. Gotta get the schoolin'.

thats so freaking awesome. (oh, no no! i am refering to the fact that i've thought of this several years before Mota Boy did)
Psh, I've had this idea rattling around in my brain for some time now. Plus, you have no proof. I win.

Nina
06-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh but i do!
my strict philosophy teacher would like to exchange a few words with you, as she is the witness of said thoughts.
now.

...that requires coming to Germany in case you did not notice.

Camilamazed
06-09-2005, 11:35 AM
I had a student with ADD.. Thank Goodness I was able to deal with him and he's much better now... :D

sKratch
06-09-2005, 11:46 AM
I shan't bear witness to Mota rape in Germany, lest my involvement in the matter is confirmed.

Mota Boy
06-09-2005, 11:57 AM
I shan't bear witness to Mota rape in Germany, lest my involvement in the matter is confirmed.
Pervert, nothing was said about sex. I can't believe you have your mind in the gutter, it's outrageous that you would think...

Wait, Nina's of age, right? Oh, then I have nothin' to hide. Carry on.

Mota Boy European Tour 2005: appearing soon in a city near you, reserve tickets now.

Sin Studly
06-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Hahahahahaha... at my high school you could get 1/1.

$1 - 1mg???? That's retarded!

sKratch
06-09-2005, 07:55 PM
We going bu USD or AUD here?

Sin Studly
06-09-2005, 07:59 PM
It doesn't matter. $1 for 1mg of dex is ridiculously expensive.

Sin Studly
06-09-2005, 08:06 PM
$1 for 2 5mg pills is fair.

HornyPope
06-09-2005, 10:02 PM
A fine piece btw.

(if i didnt mention it)

jrk247
06-09-2005, 10:29 PM

Oh really?

A century ago, it was important to maintain ones concentration. If you grow crops or dig rocks or punch clocks, then it's important to be able to focus on the task at hand. When you're engaged in the same dull, repetitive task, there's no room to let your mind wander. You'd go crazy if you couldn't take simple pleasure in pulling up thousands of tiny weeds each acre only to have them return the next day. Allow your mind to wander in a mine and you're liable to lose a limb. And what do you do in your time off, between your eight hours of exhausted sleep and twelve-hour days? Wait until the 20's for Marconi's magic machine to pipe in music and serials? Read a book or the paper or chat with friends. You likely live in a small town that you'll probably never leave. There's nothing to distract you and no time for it to happen. Your knowledge is largely limited to local news and gossip. You get a local job on the farm or the factory or the feed store. Time moves slowly, if at all.

Fast forward a century, things have changed. Over half the world lives in cities. Choice has expanded radically. What do you want to do? You want to be a doctor? Lawyer? Cabbie? Farmer? Beggar? Whore? Astronaut? Assassin? Waiter? Prizefighter? Firefighter? Sports writer? Overnighter? Where do you want to eat? There's Mexican, American, French, Thai, Cuban, Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese (lots of these), Indian, Ethiopian, Mediterranean, Caribbean, cajun, burger joints, sub stops, rib shacks, steak houses, BBQ, fast food, casual dining, fast-cash, diners, delis, eateries, meat-and-three... and several choices for each type.

You want to sit back and relax, eh? Read a book - you have access to just about all that your ancestors did, plus a century's-worth of new material. Or watch TV. Three stations? Try thousands. Or how about movies? Or the internet - billions of pages of information. Are you up on the latest celebrity gossip? The newest bands? TV shows? Movies? Books? Politics? Technology? Sports (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS, WNBA, NCAA, wrestling, swimming, poker, curling, surfing, skateboarding, fencing, rollerball, competitive eating...)? Fashion? Hell, even radio, once relatively benign in the realm of choice, has exploded with the advent of satellite radio. Information is blasting at us from all sides like a firehose at a teacup, a neverending stream of new things to know and dissect and have opinions on. How are you ever supposed to choke it all down without managing to do fifty things at once? I don't have a disorder, I have a motherfucking adaptation.
Guess what Mota Boy, the men in the building that put you in the padded room with the straight jacket are your friends! :D

jrk247
06-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh and I forgot to add, be sure to take the pills they give you! :D

sKratch
06-10-2005, 01:41 AM
You're a fucking moron.

Sin Studly
06-10-2005, 02:25 AM
I hate how people post when they obviously haven't read the whole thread.

I hate it even more how people post when they obviously haven't even read the first post.

And I especially hate how useless it is trying to tell them they're an idiot because they obviously aren't going to read it, and are just going to keep going to threads with their thumb firmly jammed up their puckerhole, posting senseless retarded bullshit without even reading what they're replying to.

jrk247
06-10-2005, 02:36 AM
I hate how people post when they obviously haven't read the whole thread.

I hate it even more how people post when they obviously haven't even read the first post.

And I especially hate how useless it is trying to tell them they're an idiot because they obviously aren't going to read it, and are just going to keep going to threads with their thumb firmly jammed up their puckerhole, posting senseless retarded bullshit without even reading what they're replying to.
Yeah you're right, how about you take your thumb out of your "puckerhole" and reply to the actual topic in the thread!

Sin Studly
06-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Yeah you're right, how about you take your thumb out of your "puckerhole" and reply to the actual topic in the thread!

I read and understood the actual topic in the thread. You obviously didn't, but felt it neccessary to make, not one, but two glib comments outlining your complete idiocy and failure to understand anything but the shallow first reactions you got from Mota's intelligent and insightful discourse.

Consider suicide.

livingdeadgirl
06-10-2005, 06:43 AM

didnt even read all of it.................

couldnt pay attention long enough.

no offence.

:D

Sin Studly
06-10-2005, 06:45 AM
I have ADD. I have to take pills to control my hyperness. As much as I hate taking them, it helps alot. I get much better grades, I don't get in as much trouble, and my detention totals has declined.

Those pills are society trying to force you into being a slave zombie. They're bullshit. Mail them to me instead, I'll give you a good price for them. I'm helping to cast off the repressive yoke of the government by freeing this generation from it's zombie drug brainwashing, one child at a time.

Sin Studly
06-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Nah, ruroken actually needs his pills. He's way too annoying and hyperactive already.

Sin Studly
06-10-2005, 06:56 AM
You're annoying, but I think I could tolerate you if you mailed me all your speed.

Mota Boy
06-10-2005, 08:21 AM
It doesn't matter. $1 for 1mg of dex is ridiculously expensive.
Not even dex - methylphenidate. 1/1 was for ditzy girls with too much money, though a friend of mine that went to Georgetown said that was the going rate for them there at the time. Usually I think it'd be... either $2/5 or $1/2.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, should I point out that drug choice has expanded in the past few decades? LSD, e, meth, DXM, a number of variations of the familar uppers and downers, etc.

And whoever recently quoted my original post... I love it when idiots advertise their idiocy with lame attempts, obviously confused attempts at insulting me. There's no need to waste energy calling you a moron when you've already done all the work for me. Now all I need is for you to post a picture of yourself so that I don't have to bother calling you ugly and unloved either.

Sin Studly
06-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Wow. 10mg of ritalin isn't even enough to give a noob a decent buzz unless you clean it down and inject it.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Yeah, although I refuse to believe that ADD is totally a myth. I noticed you said nothing about the Internet. Good move. The Internet sucks, when you consider what it is. Think about it: A worldwide web of total anarchy and freedom where anyone who knows how can add input. But I can't keep myself entertained on it for much more than 15 minutes at a time. It sucks so much that it shouldn't even be included among the acceptable non-ADD activities. Shit, what am I doing here? I must have ADD. All of us do. Hey, researchers! Want an accurate pool of people who actually do have ADD? Pluck your guinea pigs off of any message board! Besides, if the anarchy of the Internet continues much longer, it's not gonna last. It's just as easy for spyware companies and virus senders to gain knowledge as it is for those who create honorable sites on the Internet, or, for that matter, those who create software to combat spyware and viruses. I'm really not sure if our dear shitty Internet can last much longer.

Sin Studly
06-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Not even dex - methylphenidate. 1/1 was for ditzy girls with too much money, though a friend of mine that went to Georgetown said that was the going rate for them there at the time. Usually I think it'd be... either $2/5 or $1/2.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, should I point out that drug choice has expanded in the past few decades? LSD, e, meth, DXM, a number of variations of the familar uppers and downers, etc.

Are you sure you don't mean $1 per 10mg pill? Or do you actually mean $1 per 1mg? Anyways, it doesn't make much of a difference to the market that drug choice has expanded, the main issue is the overprescription of kiddy speed has flooded the market with it. 5 years ago it was rare for anyone to be prescribed that stuff. Less than 10 years ago criminals still cooked it in illegal labs and charged $50 a gram (which was about equivalent to 30-40mg of pharmaceutical dex).

wheelchairman
06-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Yeah, although I refuse to believe that ADD is totally a myth. I noticed you said nothing about the Internet. Good move. The Internet sucks, when you consider what it is. Think about it: A worldwide web of total anarchy and freedom where anyone who knows how can add input. But I can't keep myself entertained on it for much more than 15 minutes at a time. It sucks so much that it shouldn't even be included among the acceptable non-ADD activities. Shit, what am I doing here? I must have ADD. All of us do. Hey, researchers! Want an accurate pool of people who actually do have ADD? Pluck your guinea pigs off of any message board! Besides, if the anarchy of the Internet continues much longer, it's not gonna last. It's just as easy for spyware companies and virus senders to gain knowledge as it is for those who create honorable sites on the Internet, or, for that matter, those who create software to combat spyware and viruses. I'm really not sure if our dear shitty Internet can last much longer.
You're posting on a site that required you to agree to a contract before joining. You sir, are dumb shit.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-14-2005, 08:39 AM
You're posting on a site that required you to agree to a contract before joining. You sir, are dumb shit.

Hey, thanks man! I bet I was 100% serious about all that too! While we're at it, let's just ban sarcasm altogether since it's such an obvious distraction from the greater good of the message board. I mean, look at any thread here and you'll see people working together, united in a relentless effort to advance the human race to a higher inner peace. Can't have any wiseasses tearing their good progress down.

Everything in my last post was a joke, apart from thinking the Internet sucks camel balls compared to what it could be and needs better regulation.

wheelchairman
06-15-2005, 03:40 AM
Then you truly suck at being funny.

Mota Boy
06-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Easy there WCM - that's the latest incarnation of Hopkins_the_Dwarf/G.I. Jimbob/WolfDogVodka/other things. He's old sk00l.

And with wikis arriving on the scene, information is becoming more democratic than ever.

wheelchairman
06-15-2005, 09:12 AM
I'm really out of touch with the old skool scene then, only Hopkins the dwarf sounded familiar.

And that was a poor use of humor. Formulated badly, and the complete lack of paragraphing is generally a bad way to get people to concentrate on whatever you are saying, let alone analyzing it.