PDA

View Full Version : Who goes to the gym?

Kerr
06-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Does anyone on this BBS work out at all?

I do, I tend to use more cardioascular facilities such as the treadmill, x-trainer and the rower, to burn off fat, since I have a bit of a tubby belly (but I am not really fat).

I also do a bit of weight lifting to build up muscles a bit, especially on my abs. I have changed my pattern of working out to four sessions a week - two purely for cardiovascular, and two for weight lifting (but both weight lifting sessions are different, different muscles, different facilities, and maybe the odd cardiovascular exercise here and there).

Sunny
06-11-2005, 01:17 PM
I work out a little, mostly pilates and stretching.

Camilamazed
06-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I used to. I used to swim and exercise in teh water (I don't know the name of this kinds sport in English hehe). I need to start all over again however i'll only be able to do it when I find another job.

the_GoDdEsS
06-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Good question. PE was one of the most hated classes ever for me. So I have a natural aversion towards the gym or something. Being the lazybum I am I don't work out regularly. Right now only to keep my muscles and back in shape from sitting too much. And most important of all I'm working on my arms.

Edit: It's probably not the laziness. I'm not that lazy. I just lose patience easily.

darko
06-11-2005, 01:22 PM
No, I know i should and Donny is under the impression he is going to get me to go, but like the_GoDdEsS, PE was my worsed class in School. So I think it may snow in hell before i go to the gym.

Havent got my driving licence so i do alot of walking....dont know if that counts

RXP
06-11-2005, 01:32 PM
I don't go gym but work out 4 times a week with free weights. Starting up again on an intense cycle.

Need to add some cardio to my workout just for health reasons. I'm getting increadibily, I mean increadibly unfit. At school I was a sports stud. Now days it takes me literally 5 days to recover from a football match.

Kerr, what weights exercises do you do?

Kerr
06-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Kerr, what weights exercises do you do?
Right, quite a big list. The new plan of mine with my "four sessions a week", two of which are cardiovascular, has two days in which I do weight training.

On one day (in preferred order):
* Bench press, 13.75 kg (might bump it up to 15) each side = 27.5, 3 sets of ten reps
* Triceps using er... one of those facilities that you use to exercise the back muscles, only using a rope instead, and pulling it down and slightly outwards whilst standing up... I can't describe it properly, It is difficult, but it works. I tend to do various positions. I am currently doing it on 16.5 kg (2 levels with an extra 2.5 kg weight), 3x10.
* Back muscles using the equipment I mentioned above. I do 2x10 leaning back and pulling to my chest, 2x10 leaning forward and pulling the bar behind my neck. Both methods, I lift 34kg (4 levels with an extra 2.5 and 3.5 kg weight).
* Calf raise, I do 3x15 on 98kg (I do them fairly quickly though)
* Bicep curl (like lifting weights to exercise the biceps, only in a resistance machine), 3x10 on 25kg
* Exercising shoulders by lifting free weights. I used to do 3x10 on 5kg, but that was when I lifted the weight so my arms were level with each other. I now lift them above shoulder level right over my head. As it burns more, I do it on 4kg free weights now.
* Arm extension (does triceps but on a machine instead), 3x10 on 25kg (not used iot a lot recently)
* Leg press. I don't do this exercise so slowly, but slow enough to burn. And some burn it is too. My legs are very strong, hence I do 3x15 on about... 120kg? Dunno precisely, but I know it is the third level from the highest weight. It fucking burns, but works - I have bigger quads :cool:
* Chest muscles using free weights - I can now use 12kg free weights. I do 3x10.
* Biceps again, using either of two different types of bar. One has slightly curved handle grips, which makes lifting easier. As the bar itself weighs 10kg, I use 5kg weights each side, which makes 20kg in total (I can just lift that). There are also "preset" straight bars, which are slightly harder to lift, since the whole bar is straight. They are "preset" since they onle come with fixed weights. I can only lift 15kg on that. Whichever bar I use, I do 3x10.

On another day:
This includes weight lifting facilities as part of my original personal exercise program when I first got a membership. It includes some cardiovascular work which I do plan to do some of, since I do less weight lifting in this program. The weight lifting includes -
* Pec fly, on the inner-most position as I can manage it, and makes my arms more flexible, on 28kg doing 3 sets of 12 reps.
* Seated row, 3x15 using all three different types of grip (one type per set), on 28 kg
* Shoulder press, a set of 15 on the inner grip, a set of 15 on the outer grip on 25kg
* Leg curl - 3x15 on 49kg
* Leg extension - 3x12 on, now, 35kg
* Chest press - 3x15 on 35kg (I used to do 3x20 but I reduced it to fifteen as I wanted to lift higher weights, and might do further to build up my pecs - I don't like having man tits :p large squared-out pecs are better)
* Shoulders using free weights - I might not include this, but I plan to do 3x10 using 5kg weights, but only raising them level to my shoulders, as I would already have done the Shoulder Press.
* Chin assist and Dip assist, with counter weights of 30kg, 3x10 on both. Again, this is optional, but I only consider it because on my other program, I exercise my biceps and triceps a lot, just not as much in this one. Triceps or Biceps might be secondary muscles in the other resistance facilities, but primary in these. So I am considering them.

Being meticulous can be often regarded as a bad quality of mine as I can get stressed by my own need for having everything too organised. This is one of the things I tend to be too obsessive about.

Oh, I do sit-ups too. 3x20, and also moving my legs in and out whilst lying down do the lower stomach muscles (but I don't do that at the same time as the situps since I can't do it properly and I never feel the burn). I also do back stretches, but not as often as I think they are "girly".... apparently they are?

_ߥ_vil_
06-11-2005, 03:36 PM
I used to go with my bf....but I beat him at keeping up with it so he said we couldn't go anymore

Kerr
06-11-2005, 03:38 PM
^ Well, from pics I have seen of you, your body seems in perfect form to me.

RXP
06-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Kerr, you should cut out shitty machine exercises and just do free weights. Machine exercises don't work out your stabilisors. Just do free weights. Like every exercise you do on a machine, the free weight alternative is far superior.

Espically with leg press. Squats are SO SO SO MUCH better than the leg press. Trust me you won't think your legs are that strong once you start squatting. They are by far the best single exercise you can do. Then there'd also dead lift.

Also from your split you look like your doing way way too much on each session. Best to keep work outs under an hour. Do you fit all that in under an hour?

You can use the machines, dont' get me wrong. BUt use them properly. Like I find machines for my pecs are much better cause my shoulders are extremely weak so I can't free weight fly anywhere near the amount that I need to stress my chest.

My split goes out something like:

Monday - chest/triceps

- flat bench, 4 sets
- narrow bench (for triceps), 2 sets
- Pec Flys (on a machine)

Tuesday - rest

Weds - back/biceps

- barbell bicep curl
- bent over barebell rows
- widegrip chinups
- barbell shrugs

Thurs - cardio (well I will start the cardio now)

Fri - shoulders

- Military press
- Shoulder press (with dumbells)
- Front Raises

Sat - legs

- Squats
- Dead Lifts
- Ham curls (machine)

ALso remember to alternate your intensity from week to week. SOme weaks go for lower rep, heavier weights. Some go for higher rep, lighter weights. Some weaks don't go till failure etc.

Also do your exercises like above. You have to seperate back/biceps, chest triceps, shoulders, and legs. Otherwise because some exercises end up using the same muscle you'll over train.

punkangel
06-11-2005, 04:30 PM
I do Bike, Tredmill (don't know how to spell it) and I also do ab workouts

coke_a_holic
06-11-2005, 04:33 PM
I didn't know they had gyms in the ghetto...

punkangel
06-11-2005, 04:35 PM
It's called 24 Hour Fitness dumbass..It's by La Masa

coke_a_holic
06-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Is that where all the druggies hang out?

RXP
06-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Do you not watch TV or films? Every black drug dealer is ripped as 50 cent. They all go to the gym, where else do they get such bodies? Ghettos have to have gyms, the films have told me so.

coke_a_holic
06-11-2005, 04:42 PM
No, they work out by dodgin bullets and runnin from the 5-0!

ASP
06-11-2005, 05:31 PM
I lift weights and run every monday, wednesday, and friday with my football team. We also have a two hour practice every tuesday.

thisplacesucks
06-11-2005, 07:56 PM
i do 60 situps a night, and im pooped!

RXP
06-12-2005, 03:58 AM
I just done a 30min cardio session. I *don't* do cardio. I felt physically sick. Shadow boxing is fucking awesome for it tho, I have to thank HP for that ip. It was basically doing shadow boxing, situps, pressups, cleans with a very light weight and squats for 30 mins. Hopefully this will get me fit enough to be able to go on runs.

wheelchairman
06-12-2005, 04:06 AM
I go to a gym 3-4 times a week. I can recommend it to everyone, I've never had a better boost in my confidence than since I've gone to the gym and have stopped being just a skinny little shit.

And hey, I can feel this way and still be using the crappy machines. Mostly cause I'm too chicken to use free weights for fear of hurting myself out of ignorance. Plus I got a nifty-program key.

Kerr
06-12-2005, 04:10 AM
RXP, I try to limit it to five minutes per exercise hence it should be just about or under an hour.

I try to do machine exercises and free weights per exercise. Thing is, I am rubbish at doing the triceps using free weights hence I prefer to use the rope. I prefer to use free weights for my biceps though.

Hmmm.. squat thrusts? I will tink about that. I need to learn how to do them first. I stated how some of these are optional though. But my programs were longer than this before. I might need to shorten my programs further.

Nina
06-12-2005, 04:10 AM
i used to do pilates, but it didnt do anything for me. i am extremly unsporty and hate to exercise. you can imagine how disappointed i was after i forced myself to do pilates for an hour every day (for eight weeks) and nothing happened.
i even gained weight!
haha. fuck.

Kerr
06-12-2005, 04:13 AM
I didn't know they had gyms in the ghetto...

Is that where all the druggies hang out?

No, they work out by dodgin bullets and runnin from the 5-0!
LMAO! Hilarious!

Preecey
06-12-2005, 04:13 AM
I never used to exercise much, but when summer came we all started to play footie again. Thing is, since playing footie I've felt less and less depressed then I used to be. there's got to be something in that.
________
WildonGirl (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/WildonGirl/)

Nina
06-12-2005, 04:14 AM
but when summer came we all started to play footie again.

that's SO cute!

MindlessSelfIndulgent
06-12-2005, 04:14 AM
Never. The only exercise i get is when walking to school and back. And thats only because i hate busses.

Preecey
06-12-2005, 04:19 AM
that's SO cute!
What?! What's that supposed to mean?
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Nina
06-12-2005, 04:21 AM
What?! What's that supposed to mean?

...which part dont you understand? "that's", "so" or "cute"?

o.0

so sorry for being nice?

Preecey
06-12-2005, 04:22 AM
lol sorry if I came across as mad. I meant that there is nothing obviously cute about pronouncing 'Football' 'Footie'. Thats just what I call it. Seriously.
________
Extreme Vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/extreme-q-vaporizer.html)

Nina
06-12-2005, 04:23 AM
yes, you do find it normal. probably as a british person, i would say. but i've never heard that expression before. and its cute.

Preecey
06-12-2005, 04:25 AM
yes, you do find it normal. probably as a british person, i would say. but i've never heard that expression before. and its cute.
Yeah...ok...whatever lol. It's used all the time. At least, in the north.
________
Colorado dispensary (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

RXP
06-12-2005, 04:28 AM
I go to a gym 3-4 times a week. I can recommend it to everyone, I've never had a better boost in my confidence than since I've gone to the gym and have stopped being just a skinny little shit.

Yeah it increases your confidence a lot. How much weight you put on?

And hey, I can feel this way and still be using the crappy machines. Mostly cause I'm too chicken to use free weights for fear of hurting myself out of ignorance. Plus I got a nifty-program key

Well if you don't know what you're doing it's best to stick to machines. BUt surely your gym has instructors? You could ask them. Or if you go to www.bodybuilding.com they have good step by step instructions on how to perform each exercise.

And Kerr, yeah you should learn to do squats properly otherwise you can really od yourself a serious injury becuase of the amount of weight you put on your back. But don't believe the idoits who say it's dangerous. If done correctly it is an awesome exercise. It uses 60% of all the muscles in your body and actually acts as a natural steriod because it boosts your testostorone levels.

Also remember to eat right. Nuturition is the most importnat thing. Always eat post workout and try and increase your protein intake if you're serious about it get some whey protein and creatine.

Kerr
06-12-2005, 04:30 AM
Also remember to eat right. Nuturition is the most importnat thing. Always eat post workout and try and increase your protein intake if you're serious about it get some whey protein and creatine.
I eat a lot of meat, and the nearest I eat before a workout is an hour. They say it should be three hours, though. Is eating an hour before a workout a problem?

RXP
06-12-2005, 04:34 AM
Oh no you need to eat an hour before a workout to fuel your work out. Otherwise you body will use muscle for energy thus you lose gains. You should eat an hour before and eat straight after a work out.

Kerr
06-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Oh no you need to eat an hour before a workout to fuel your work out. Otherwise you body will use muscle for energy thus you lose gains. You should eat an hour before and eat straight after a work out.
So I have been doing it correctly then. On Saturdays, I tend to eat pasta for lunch, then go out between 45-60 mins afterwards. I also eat a banana to make weight-lifting a bit easier. I find I am really hungry when I get back, hence raid the cupbard and eat a load of chocolate bars etc... but not too much as I don't wanna bet a pot belly again, like I had more of when I started going.

Nina
06-12-2005, 04:44 AM

and one should eat after the work out in order to lose weight, right?

RXP
06-12-2005, 04:44 AM
Don't eat fuckin chocolate when your hungry back from the gym you tool! Eat protein and some carbs. Buy yourself some whey protein from www.monstersupplements.com. I get the reflex whey protein. It really does make it easy to get your protein intake and it's a lot cheaper than eating chicken or tuna.

RXP
06-12-2005, 04:45 AM
and one should eat after the work out in order to lose weight, right?

I'm not an expert on weight loss cause it's never been a problem for me. But from what I know you should eat after a work out even if you are losing weight becuase your muscles are crying out for nutriants. If you starve them your body wlil then store whatever food you eat as fat incase it doesn't get fed again for energy.

So yes, you should eat post workout even if losing weight. BUt the single best way to lose weight is to do cardio on an empty stomach. Just make sure you don't faint.

Nina
06-12-2005, 04:47 AM
i wont do it anyway, its so not worth it. but thanks for the info!

Kerr
06-12-2005, 04:48 AM
So yes, you should eat post workout even if losing weight. BUt the single best way to lose weight is to do cardio on an empty stomach. Just make sure you don't faint.
I tend to do it after a small breakfast. I find I can manage the cardio exercises I do.

RXP
06-12-2005, 04:51 AM
Girls get too hung up on fat loss. I like a bit of fat on girls on their arms and ESPICALLY on their legs.

Nina
06-12-2005, 04:52 AM
Girls get too hung up on fat loss. I like a bit of fat on girls on their arms and ESPICALLY on their legs.

eh i guess, but i'd want to have a completely skinny stomach, which i dont. it's rather normal looking.

RXP
06-12-2005, 04:56 AM
If it's normal looking you mean flat right? If you want a stomach like stars have you gotta work on your abs it makes everything look 'tighter'.

Izie
06-12-2005, 04:59 AM
I skip rope, play "basketball" with Ken (we take the ball and throw it around, yeah), and I exercise occasionally. I'm in quite good shape right now, to be honest, but I still wanna lose some weight, being the obsessed freak I am. I'll get to that next Monday, when my exams are over. HA.

RXP
06-12-2005, 05:25 AM
You should spa with Ken! Boxing is an awesome way to lose weight. Get some gloves and beat up on him.

Sin Studly
06-12-2005, 07:45 AM
Do you not watch TV or films? Every black drug dealer is ripped as 50 cent. They all go to the gym, where else do they get such bodies? Ghettos have to have gyms, the films have told me so.

I used to lift a metal bar with six-litre water jugs tied to it. I would assume t3h ghetto kids do something similar.

Punky Dudess
06-12-2005, 07:48 AM
i love going to the gym, if not to burn off some of that hyperactivness then just to see the legendary blakeman. :rolleyes:

irishpunkrockgirl
06-12-2005, 09:20 AM
last year i told myself i need to get fit. im still telling myself.

but im not fat so i couldnt be arsed. if anything im underweight.

Noodles is gay
06-12-2005, 09:23 AM
nope; being 'middle class' my parents have their own 'gym' in the spare room - treadmill, weight machine, skiing machine etc. :D Plus I needn't go to a gym - playing squash twice a week keeps me fit.

Linda
06-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Never. The only exercise i get is when walking to school and back. And thats only because i hate busses.

Walking is great exercise!

Kerr
06-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Walking is great exercise!
I do get quite a bit of exercise walking back from school. I specifically do it to get exercise. I have to walk about 2 miles I think..... it takes 40-50 mins.

Linda
06-12-2005, 11:56 AM
I do get quite a bit of exercise walking back from school. I specifically do it to get exercise. I have to walk about 2 miles I think..... it takes 40-50 mins.

I do 2.8 miles in 50 minutes. It feels good to walk.

Kerr
06-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Some days though, my feet hurt a bit and I feel a little tired after the walk.. not anymore, guess it's the workout.

Linda
06-12-2005, 12:09 PM
You have to wear supportive shoes when you walk too.
My feet hurt at first, like for the first week when I start walking again after being lazy!, but after that they don't bother me anymore.

Noodles is gay
06-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Get some decent shoes and you can walk all day; either standard issue British army boots or Dr Martens - no problems.

Kerr
06-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Ah well, who the hell cares, walking don't rid me of my pot belly. That's why I go to the gym.

coke_a_holic
06-12-2005, 12:14 PM
I wear Chuck Taylors: The one show that is created so you can't do jackshit in them!

Linda
06-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Ah well, who the hell cares, walking don't rid me of my pot belly. That's why I go to the gym.

Working weights won't rid you of your pot belly. Walking does help eventualy. Treadmill is the same as walking, but I like walking around outside better than going to the gym and walking on a treadmill. I think the treadmill is boring. Situps may help with the pot belly. I dunno. I'm having that problem also. :(

Noodles is gay
06-12-2005, 12:16 PM
^ Beer's the problem - beer gives people a pot belly.

I wear Chuck Taylors: The one show that is created so you can't do jackshit in them!

chuck taylors rock but they have bloody cardboard soles! Hurt like hell after wearing Docs all week.

coke_a_holic
06-12-2005, 12:18 PM
chuck taylors rock but they have bloody cardboard soles! Hurt like hell after wearing Docs all week.
Exactly: They're made for nothing. They're canvas and rubber, there is no way they could be used for anything other than sitting and/or walking. I still love them, though.

Aimeht
06-12-2005, 12:19 PM
No. I live here. This is my home and you are my family.

RXP
06-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Walking has never kept me fit. I walk miles everyday but I am still extremely unfit. I have to do more intense cardio prolly. I was talking to Betty and she's the same. I guess it works for some not for others. But then again if walking is your idea of a good cardio session then I guess you'd find out you are really unfit if you tried to run.

satitania
06-12-2005, 04:25 PM
1.5 hours of jogging a day, usually followed by weight training and sometimes more cardio

Hit_That
06-12-2005, 04:30 PM
no i dont go to the gym..dont need to

satitania
06-12-2005, 04:35 PM
no i dont go to the gym..dont need to

what do you mean you dont need to?

Sunny
06-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Everyone really needs to exercise if they want to stay in shape..

satitania
06-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Everyone really needs to exercise if they want to stay in shape..

yeh exactly, thats why im annoyed at that others guys response, a lot of people will be like "im skinny/hot i dont need to work out", get educated dumb ass, its not only preventative maintenance so you can continue to look good in the future but also exercise makes you feel good too, its a high. I needed to get out that rant, sorry :P

Kerr
06-13-2005, 04:29 AM
Working weights won't rid you of your pot belly. Walking does help eventualy. Treadmill is the same as walking, but I like walking around outside better than going to the gym and walking on a treadmill. I think the treadmill is boring. Situps may help with the pot belly. I dunno. I'm having that problem also. :(
I do CV work too, which has helped reduce it so far.

Sunny
06-13-2005, 04:44 AM

The treadmill sucks.

This might sound silly, but a hula hoop can really help you tone the tummy area. And they also sell this weighted version of the hula hoop called the Heavy Hoop, which is probably even better. I know it sounds funny, but it really gives your belly a crazy workout.

I'm a dork.

RXP
06-13-2005, 04:51 AM
Remember tho, you can't spot reduce fat. Linda's old anyway so a walking machine is fine as long as she keeps her diet in check.

Kerr
06-13-2005, 04:53 AM
Remember tho, you can't spot reduce fat. Linda's old anyway so a walking machine is fine as long as she keeps her diet in check.
I have noticed my legs as well as belly have gotten smaller too.

Sunny
06-13-2005, 05:03 AM
Remember tho, you can't spot reduce fat.

you can tone certain specific spots though.. right?

RXP
06-13-2005, 05:16 AM
Of course if you mean tone as in buld muscle mass. If you want to 'tone' (build mass) on your biceps you do bicep curls. If you want to tone your stomach up do weighted crunches (hold a dumbell behind your head and do crunches).

Sunny
06-13-2005, 05:18 AM
weighted crutches hurt like hell. i do regular ones. *ashamed*

Kerr
06-13-2005, 05:21 AM
I do have a bit of a problem here. I want to reduce by belly, yet I also want to generally build up muscles especially in my belly. I guess I have to just change the flab into muscle in my belly. I will probably start weighted sit-ups.

RXP
06-13-2005, 05:35 AM
Fat doesn't get converted into muscle. That is another falacy. If you have a belly you can only get rid of it with cardio. Just build yourself up. It's a two stage process you bulk then cut (loose excess fat during hte bulk).

Also regular crunches are a waste of time for most guys. I can do like 50-60. Any other part of the body you only do 6-12reps so why should abs be different?

And Sunny they may hurt but they're far more effective. If you can do at least 10 weighted crunches keep doing 'em! No pain.....

Linda
06-13-2005, 06:42 AM
I do CV work too, which has helped reduce it so far.

Walking is CV!

reduce belly-build muscles = cardio, sit-ups and weight training

Have to keep at it tho. I get lazy and stop for months, then when I start again, it's like starting all over.

Sunny - haha I used to play with a hula hoop alot when I was a kid! Didn't know they still made them!

RXP
06-13-2005, 06:45 AM
You guys should also try stomach vaccum. It isn't surgery but a process of building your interior abs. That's what usually gives the pot belly look so if you do this it will be great for you. Also it's damn easy to do anywhere, anytime.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

Just a Girl
06-13-2005, 10:18 AM
i absolutely hated sport and stuff at school, but now i try to go to the gym for an hour at least 3 times a week. i feel sluggish if i don't so that keeps me going. i love running and sit-ups. if i don't ache slightly i get disappointed, heh. i'm not sure how pleased i am with the results though - i'm definitely thinner, lost a bit round my waist and thighs, but i've put on about a stone. i'm hoping it's muscle.

Nina
06-13-2005, 10:32 AM
i'm definitely thinner, lost a bit round my waist and thighs, but i've put on about a stone. i'm hoping it's muscle.

WHAT DO YOU DO? i need to know.

Kerr
06-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Walking is CV!

Problem is, walking alone isn't enough, which was why I decided to go to the gym.

Jhonny
06-13-2005, 11:15 AM
I need to. Oh I need to.

panzor41
06-13-2005, 11:18 AM
I tried to work out....I dont really need to......it just gets...boring.

Just a Girl
06-13-2005, 11:58 AM
WHAT DO YOU DO? i need to know.

hehehe, i love your frantic-ness :)

in order:
5 minutes stretching
crosstrainer for 20 minutes or bike for 10 minutes then treadmill for 15 minutes
100 sit-ups(proper ones, where you bring your body all the way up to your knees)
100 reverse curls(?) where you lie on your back, bend your legs, and then bring them up to your chest and lift your bum slightly off the floor, then go back again.
30 bicep curl thingies
bench press - 30 reps on 15kg and 30 on 10kg
5 minutes stretching

i alternate between doing the crosstrainer and doing the bike and treadmill. though now i've started to do the bike and treadmill more than the crosstrainer. i've gotten to love running. it's not much compared to hardcore gymers, but it seems to work. hope that helps!

Nina
06-13-2005, 01:37 PM
my god, yes it does, thank you so much for such a detailed answer. i will try it out... i wanted to give up but your experience gives me hope! (well okay, tizz lost like 20kg and i even gained weight with her method, but i should not give up just yet!)
thanks again =)

RXP
06-13-2005, 01:39 PM
omg a chick who benches! 15kg 30 reps isn't bad. Pretty strong for a girl so slight.

Just a Girl
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
ah definitely don't give up. i've been going to the gym for years, it was only in the last 7 months that i actually found a routine that actually worked.

hahahaha me strong? i wish. my 15 year old sister can beat me at arm wrestling. and she's like... 2 stone underweight (being underweight seems to run in our family). hence why i am now using weights for my arms! but thanks for the strong comment anyway, for a few minutes it made me feel good. someday i will beat her, yes i will.

RXP
06-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Arm wrestling is to do with deltoid strength and rotor cuff strength. If you wanna beat her you should work your shoulders! I got beat in an arm wrestle by a chick, my shoulders are EXTREMLY weak. I can bicep curl more than I can shoulder press. That's kinda abnormal to say the least. It's like saying you can bicep curl more than you can bench.

And now every chick reckons she can have a pot shot at me.

I'd say doing 30reps of 15kg on the bench is quite good for a chick.

Also you bench but do you work your back? Doing just your chest is a good formula to get shoulder problems. You have to keep the muscles in balance. Do like bent over rows for your back as well.

I got the bug again big time. All I wanna do is eat/workout.

Just a Girl
06-14-2005, 03:04 PM
ah i'll do my shoulders then! cheers! wow, you being beaten by a girl is possibly more embarassing than me being beaten by my little sister :p hehehe.

i've started doing this back thing where you basically just rock back and forth like a mental patient with resistance. it's a machine thingy. and everyone who does it looks like a complete tool. i'm not very good at knowing what you need to do to balance out all the things i already do. gah. i should really pay more attention to my back. i used to only focus on things that i thought were 'problem areas' but i'm starting to try to balance everything.

my problem at the moment is that i have very strong abs but i'm having trouble getting them to look really toned. i'm guessing it's like... a layer of fat or something? any suggestions? running's helped, my stomach looks slightly toned but... i want more!

RXP
06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
HEAVY weighted crunches. Get a weight that you can only do 8-12reps with. With me it's like 10kg plate. Then take 2 min rests in between. Do 4 sets of these. Also do normal crunches without weights as warmup. Do the weighted routine only once a week. Do normal crunches whenever you like but not daily.

These will get you huge abs. I got a THICK layer of fat around my body now and you can still see the top 4 abs (barely tho) cause I do proper weighted crunches which actually add mass to that area.

Obviously to get the more 'cut' look you have to do cardio. Just run or something. As I mentioned before I'm shadow boxing mainly cause it works more areas than running so your heart has to pump blood to your abs, arms, chest, legs etc. where as running it's mostly legs.

But believe me I'm no expert on cardio, I know the very basics.

Also I beat the girl with my right arm! Easily! She beat me left handed. I really don't get what's up with my shoulders it pisses me off cause it holds my bench back.

Post some pics of your arms and abs. I'd also say pecs but that woudl mean teh boobz showing.

Just a Girl
06-14-2005, 03:30 PM
crunches... is that like where you bring your head and knees together kind of thing or just barely lifting your shoulders off the floor? i'm rubbish with all the names of things. thanks :) i want a stomach like what'sherface from black eyed peas, she has a wonderful tummy. i'll carry on with the running cos i love it.

ooooo i'll have to improve my abs before being anywhere near confident enough to post a pic of them! and i have weedy girly arms.

Sunny
06-14-2005, 03:31 PM
my problem at the moment is that i have very strong abs but i'm having trouble getting them to look really toned. i'm guessing it's like... a layer of fat or something? any suggestions? running's helped, my stomach looks slightly toned but... i want more!

blahhh i have the same problem. i'll try the weighted crunches thing RXP suggested.

Sunny
06-14-2005, 03:35 PM
and RXP should post HIS abs before asking for pics. ;p

Gordie
06-14-2005, 03:52 PM
i excercise my righ to not excercise, yet im still skinny and quite happy

RXP
06-14-2005, 03:57 PM
and RXP should post HIS abs before asking for pics. ;p

Dude my body's been posted around the photo album plenty. But since you asked.

http://images.faceparty.com/public/1171/images/rxp91_12894872.jpg

And that was me @ 105lbs 10%bf now I'm 136 and a lot higher bf%. But my chest is signifincantly bigger.

Gordie
06-14-2005, 04:00 PM
RXP is teh sex

RXP
06-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Correction: I USED to be the sex. But now I'm powerlifting so don't care about looks hence am fat now.

Sunny
06-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Your abs look awesome. Nice job.

I wouldn't want mine to be ripped, though.. just toned.

And they are, well, not. ;/

RXP
06-14-2005, 04:04 PM
So now you post pics?

Sunny
06-14-2005, 04:08 PM
bah. this pic looks weird cause i'm standing all weird like.. hips tilted forward.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/sunnypoo/fatty.jpg

*prepares for ridicule*

btw I've been doing the stomach vacuums and FUCKERS they hurt. well, not a lot, but still. But I'm gonna look more toned by the end of the summer. NO REALLY I AM.

;[

RXP
06-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Man you have a nice stomach already and no love handles! Stop whining.

I'm gonna start doing those vacums properly soon. Fuckin pot belly needs to go!

I like how I'm the BBS personal trainer. anyone want me to design a routine for 'em?

Amanda
06-14-2005, 04:14 PM
I used to swim, now I just do pilates.

Sunny
06-14-2005, 04:17 PM
thanks.. no lovehandles, yes, but there's a layer of fat on it, especially in the lower middle part. I hate it. gur.

hey i want a routine! ;p

RXP
06-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I tell you what since I'm into this shit I'll read up some stuff on women's weights and post some stuff about it tommorow.

Sunny
06-14-2005, 04:23 PM
woot. that'd be awesome. thanks :)

Just a Girl
06-15-2005, 02:44 PM
thanks.. no lovehandles, yes, but there's a layer of fat on it, especially in the lower middle part. I hate it. gur.

same as me! we must have similar tummies cept mine possibly has a bit more fat no fair. you mean the part just under your belly button right? my upper tummy looks more toned than the lower part and that really irritates me. grah.

and i also share your plan to look more toned by the end of summer, and will take advantage of RXP's new role as the BBS personal trainer.

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2005, 02:48 PM
bah. this pic looks weird cause i'm standing all weird like.. hips tilted forward.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/sunnypoo/fatty.jpg

*prepares for ridicule*

Wait. Wait wait wait.

This isn't an asskissing comment, this isn't an attempt to make you feel better, this isn't any of that. Maybe I'm not critical enough or whatever, but I honestly and truly don't understand how that image there could be anything less than perfect. Seriously now.

RXP
06-15-2005, 02:49 PM
johnny, women are stupid. They want to look more toned even though no one cares apart from them.

But that's the same with guys I guess.

People are stupid.

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2005, 02:50 PM
You're right, it's the same with guys and girls, but I fail to see how that could possibly look more toned. I honestly don't understand.

RXP
06-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Oh don't be silly! Of course it could look more toned but I personally don't like girls with packs. Esp. if it were better than what I got.

But hey, it's better to do things for yourself than for others.

RXP
06-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Ignore the ugly face but is this what you girls want

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1276539.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Oh don't be silly! Of course it could look more toned but I personally don't like girls with packs. Esp. if it were better than what I got.

But hey, it's better to do things for yourself than for others.

My knowledge of this kind of thing is unrefined to say the least. I just don't see the point of trying to tone a stomach like that any more. That's like driving through a second car wash immediately after driving through the first.

Just a Girl
06-15-2005, 02:59 PM
ew. no. that's too much.

HornyPope
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
OMGZ Sunny, post n00ds?

Here's me in one of the more pretentious poses I could think of.

http://tinypic.com/5yyebt

But if I tried to show my abs, which are really nothing to look at, it comes out something like this:

http://tinypic.com/5yyefd

Not the best boxing stance btw, my elbows slightly out.

RXP
06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Post a pic of your ideal stomach.

HornyPope
06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Me or Jules? I'm not a weight lifter so I wouldn't know much how about the ideal muscles are supposed to look.

RXP
06-15-2005, 03:06 PM
http://tinypic.com/5yyefd

Not the best boxing stance btw, my elbows slightly out.

And you're too square. You gotta be more to the side?

That shadow boxing shit you reccomended is awesome. I never thought it would work that effectively. And plus you get to look like you know what you're donig. SO maybe if I get in a fight I can shadow box and hte other guy will get scared and run away?

RXP
06-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Me or Jules? I'm not a weight lifter so I wouldn't know much how about the ideal muscles are supposed to look.

Jules.

ANd oridnary boxers have awesome physiques. They're chests aren't artifically pumped either. It's just enough for their sport. That's the most attractive figure in my view.

HornyPope
06-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I love boxers' bodies (forgive the homosexual referance). They try and maximize muscles while minimizing their total weight so they don't look extremly pumped and out of place like Mr. Universe.

And no, you don't have to be any more to the side in the stance. You wanna be able to move your legs and hips and deliver punches from both arms. Shadow boxing is amazing but I suggest you see some specialsit who could teach you how to properly deliver the hits. Might take few weeks after which you can practice out the techniques on your own.

RXP
06-15-2005, 03:15 PM
I was taking tips from the contender. I don't have access so such a person. I'm gonna try and get some videos. Next best thing.

Just a Girl
06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00066VMMI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

like that, but slightly more defined. i used to love thingy from the black eyed peas' stomach but i googled her and now she looks too much.

HornyPope
06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Hahaha is that any show any good? Try and join a boxing class btw. That ought to do it.

RXP
06-15-2005, 03:20 PM
CONTENDER IS AWESOME. DOWNLOAD THE EPISDOES. I CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH.

I dunno, I'm gonna be out of shape for boxing cause I'm powerlifting over the summer since I wanna bench huge. I only do the shadow stuff for cardio cause I dont' like running outside. Too much effort.

RXP
06-15-2005, 03:22 PM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00066VMMI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

like that, but slightly more defined. i used to love thingy from the black eyed peas' stomach but i googled her and now she looks too much.

Yeah I know her stomach, it's nice. Good goal to aim for. My ex had sufficent fat round her stomach but it was flat. I loved squeezing it (she disliked me doing it!). So my idea stomach is just like flat, don't really care about abs.

Just a Girl
06-15-2005, 03:24 PM
ah, my stomach's flat. i've got that far. i just want it to look... well, more like that i suppose.

HornyPope
06-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Might check it out.

Shadow boxing doesn't remplace jogging though. When you box, you want your moves to be explosive. Not necessarily hard since you dont have a hitting bag in front of you, but make every move count. So it's different breathing. For added effect, try jumping. You know, you keep your legs moving and off the ground until you attack. Then you stop for a split second to take a good pose and to stand firm on the floor, and you lash out 1-2-3 to execute the moves.

HornyPope
06-15-2005, 03:27 PM
I hope you don't oil your stomach, ewww.

Sunny
06-15-2005, 03:27 PM
same as me! we must have similar tummies cept mine possibly has a bit more fat no fair. you mean the part just under your belly button right?

yes, exactly there!! arg *pokes it* it's like a little pouch of fat.

Johnny, thank you..=') the only real problem I have with it is the pouch mentioned above. Otherwise, I'm aware it could be a lot worse.. heh.

RXP, what you posted.. too much muscle definition for me.

anyway.. ideal tummies?

http://vpteam.net/rsx/777/19_gwen.jpg

http://www.celebrites.fr/v2/images/photos/126/5.jpg

the one above is probably airbrushed though. ;/

RXP
06-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I think teh banna = huge penis.

HornyPope
06-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I think thats what they want you to think.

Sunny
06-15-2005, 03:31 PM
well, of course! ;p

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Johnny, thank you..=') the only real problem I have with it is the pouch mentioned above. Otherwise, I'm aware it could be a lot worse.. heh.

You're welcome, but damn you! The pouch is frickin' adorable on you and any girl. It's really cute.

Sunny
06-15-2005, 03:36 PM
You're welcome, but damn you! The pouch is frickin' adorable on you and any girl. It's really cute.

my boy tells me that it's cute too. i don't get it. ;p i want a flat tummy rarrrhhhh...

thanks though. ;p

Just a Girl
06-15-2005, 03:49 PM
ooo the pics sunny posted are also good examples. specially the gwen one

i don't understand why we have that funny little 'pouch' thing. it makes no sense to me that that bit has a little layer of fat and the rest doesn't so much.

RXP
06-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Cause everyone's body is different. I highly, highly, highly doubt you'll get rid of it without doing some serious cardio. You can get more toned but you might not necessarliy get rid of that. We all have areas of fat that are hard to get rid of. With me it's the layer of fat on my triceps.

But if you don't mind looking a bit more toned elsewhere as well you will be able to get rid of it. Just gonna require a lot of hard-work.

THEY
06-15-2005, 03:53 PM
you a girl huh?

RXP
06-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Yup, last time I checked

THEY
06-15-2005, 03:54 PM
my head hurts.