PDA

View Full Version : Who Thinks Dexter Became Kind Of A Jerk?

MerL!n
11-08-2004, 05:37 PM
First Thing I Love Offspring And Second They Are The Best Band For Me. But With Time I Think Dexter Holland Became Kind Of A Jerk, Maybe Cause He Is Rich Now :( . I Hope He Reads This Cause Is Really Anoyin To Know That Someone That U Really Like Doesnt Care About Hes Fan.

smelly poo in a shoe
11-08-2004, 05:40 PM
he was kool when i met him

Offspring_01
11-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Dexters the man :D

samr
11-08-2004, 06:20 PM
First Thing I Love Offspring And Second They Are The Best Band For Me. But With Time I Think Dexter Holland Became Kind Of A Jerk, Maybe Cause He Is Rich Now :( . I Hope He Reads This Cause Is Really Anoyin To Know That Someone That U Really Like Doesnt Care About Hes Fan.

How can we agree with you when you give no examples? how should dexter even know?

MerL!n
11-08-2004, 06:31 PM
I Know A Kid From This Forum That Went To Disney Or Somethin And He Saw Dexter He Just Asked For An Autograph And He Said No. So Would U Like Someday U See Him And Ask For One Only One Autogragh And He Just Go And Say "no", When U Maybe Expend Like 300$ Or 150$ On Cds And Clothin.

Ps: Im Not Sayin He Suks Just Maybe He Is Forgettin Who Are Hes Fan.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
11-08-2004, 06:32 PM
He was a nice guy when I met him to. And that was in May, of this year (2004)

Tired_Of_You
11-08-2004, 07:05 PM
I Know A Kid From This Forum That Went To Disney Or Somethin And He Saw Dexter He Just Asked For An Autograph And He Said No. So Would U Like Someday U See Him And Ask For One Only One Autogragh And He Just Go And Say "no", When U Maybe Expend Like 300$ Or 150$ On Cds And Clothin.

I heard this story but I'm pretty sure it was Noodles and he had good reasons : he was with family. If I would have been at his place maybe I would have done the same. Anyway, I think it's stupid, if you don't know him or at least met him you cannot say that he's a jerk or not.

Layna
11-08-2004, 07:09 PM

O_O...o_O...really?? well, yes, that's anoying,but where is the "kid"?
And maybe he was tired......I cant beleive it. O_O....

offspringbaby2004
11-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Thats weird, because I can't seem to get over how much they really "DO" care about their fans. Dexter isn't a jerk, they care about us a lot. But they have lives to. And that was Noodles who said no in Disney land... and he did give very good reasons, just think about what you would do in that position. They are great guys and are only human.

~mandy~

Americana
11-08-2004, 07:16 PM

It was probably a misunderstanding. Dexter was probably just busy or on the pot or something

Julie
11-08-2004, 07:48 PM

Dude, te only rason all your words star by a capital letter is cuz you wrote your post all in capslock, quit it, it's annoying. Dex isn't a jerk, your the one being one right now.

samr
11-08-2004, 07:52 PM
He was with his kid.

thommo17
11-08-2004, 08:38 PM
if thats true that is fucked no matter what in my opinion fans come 1st if it wasnt for us they wouldny be where they are today

samr
11-08-2004, 08:43 PM
if thats true that is fucked no matter what in my opinion fans come 1st if it wasnt for us they wouldny be where they are today

compelling argument

no, not really. actually, you just appear to be a selfish brat.

The Cheshire Cat
11-08-2004, 08:44 PM
A LOT of stars won't sign autographs when they're with their families. Do YOU want to work when you're trying to spend time with your family? Remember that being a rock star is Dexter's JOB, and rock stars have much longer hours than most jobs. After all that, when he's trying to take a vacation, I think the last thing he wants is to have to sign more autographs. Isn't meeting him randomly good enough? He might not give autographs, but I'm sure he doesn't mind talking to fans, so long as they don't try to monopolize his time.

Plus, you have to think about the kid. He's probably trying to raise the kid as normally as possible, which isn't exactly easy given his status. If the kid saw his dad signing autographs all day, it might give him a warped view of reality (Or her, I don't know much about Dexter's family). Have you seen how prissy other kids with famous parents turn out? Dex probably doesn't want that for his kid.

killboybowerhead
11-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Regardless i cant see why youd think they are douches when they are obviously rich and havent blown it on coke and they still go out there and do their best to deliver the music we all love and tour the world so all of us can get the chance to see them... They dont need the money so the only other reason i can see is for the fans and their enjoyment of being around us... I think when you spend the majority of the year on the road you sometimes need family time thats why that kid got stiffed. Also arent they the ones that put their album on the internet and gave out 1 million dollars hmmm thats sounds selfish

Amelia
11-08-2004, 09:11 PM
I have met Dexter many times over the years and he is one of the nicest "rock stars" I have ever met. He is a really great guy and he cares about the fans. mike_z911 will back me up on this.
I think that even famous people need a chance to live normal lives and if he was at Disney and didn't want to sign autographs then that is his right. When he is off the stage and having family time then he is simply "dad" or Bryan. I think that people need to respect that.
I do not believe for one minute that he doesn't care about the fans. I have seen him interact with them first hand and he does. They all do.

B.B Joker
11-08-2004, 09:14 PM
A LOT of stars won't sign autographs when they're with their families. Do YOU want to work when you're trying to spend time with your family? Remember that being a rock star is Dexter's JOB, and rock stars have much longer hours than most jobs. After all that, when he's trying to take a vacation, I think the last thing he wants is to have to sign more autographs. Isn't meeting him randomly good enough? He might not give autographs, but I'm sure he doesn't mind talking to fans, so long as they don't try to monopolize his time.

Plus, you have to think about the kid. He's probably trying to raise the kid as normally as possible, which isn't exactly easy given his status. If the kid saw his dad signing autographs all day, it might give him a warped view of reality (Or her, I don't know much about Dexter's family). Have you seen how prissy other kids with famous parents turn out? Dex probably doesn't want that for his kid.

Dude, i'm a musician myself, and i have to say that you're pretty much wrong with the whole "JOB" thing, it's not just ANY job, it's his fuckin life, it's who he is, and it's who he will be remembered by, and his fans are part of his life, forever and always. No doubt about it. So what i'm trying to say is that it WAS wrong for Dexter, or Noodles, or whatever Offspring member it was to say NO to the kid trying to get his autograph, an autograph takes only like 10 seconds to do. If he can't take 10 seconds out of his Social life for his fans he's fuckin up. I hate to say it cuz Offspring is my fav. band of all time.

thank you for reading this.

Moose
11-08-2004, 09:18 PM
that kid is kind of dumb asking for an autograph, i usually shy away from a celeb or someone like that when i see them because i dont want to invade them, but if it were the offspring id have to go up to them, because id have to ha, but i wouldnt ask for an autograph, kind of tacky i guess, id jsut want to talk about music and their music and all that, but if they are with the family i wouldnt expect them to pay any attention to me, nor would i go up to them, if anything ill just scream out dexter rocks or offspring rock or some shit like that, but watever i think they care about their fans, they did give a million dollars away you know.

Sketch
11-08-2004, 09:51 PM
you smell like poo...

Faye
11-08-2004, 10:23 PM
First of all we can't judge people we don't know and we don't even know it this really happened 'cause lots of gossip goes roun, especially on the music industry.
If that really happened with Dexter or Noodles, I can't say they were right or wrong cause, again, I dunno under which circomstances this really took place. I think that once you're as famous as they are, and you have as many fans as they do, you cannot totally separate personal life from the fans, cause you'll bump into a few of them occasionally. Even being with the family, I think they should sing autographs and all, if the fan is being polite and all himself. Beu I don't really know what I would do in his shoes, so it's kinda hard to judge.

neocon58
11-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Thats weird, because I can't seem to get over how much they really "DO" care about their fans. Dexter isn't a jerk, they care about us a lot. But they have lives to. And that was Noodles who said no in Disney land... and he did give very good reasons, just think about what you would do in that position. They are great guys and are only human.

~mandy~

yep. it was noodles that said no. and it was because he was with his daughter. in an old noodles journal entry he said something like: "when i spend time with my daughter, im not part of the band. we go places for her, not me" or something along those lines. he also apologiesd to the dude that asked him

Sketch
11-08-2004, 10:37 PM
you know who i think is a jerk is that mean old simon cowell from american idol. I mean the guy just tears those poor singers apart. i'd like to see him get up and sing in front of millions of people. it just hurts me to see those young hopeful youths have there dreams smashed. i really thing william hung could be the next michael jackson...

offspringbaby2004
11-08-2004, 10:51 PM
yep. it was noodles that said no. and it was because he was with his daughter. in an old noodles journal entry he said something like: "when i spend time with my daughter, im not part of the band. we go places for her, not me" or something along those lines. he also apologiesd to the dude that asked him

oh yea, it was from the journal. I couldn't remember where I had read that. And yes he did apologize, he went out of his way to tell the guy why he wouldn't give him an autograph and apologized. I think that is very caring :) What more do you want??? :p

~mandy~

psimate
11-08-2004, 11:11 PM
i met with the guys in this year(in March) and they are very nice, but an autograph....10 seconds maybe
but i can understand Noodles too, and he apologized...
i think Nood is very nice, i talked to him so i can say that, so i cant decide that it was wrong or right....
:cool:

thommo17
11-09-2004, 01:34 AM
how am i the selfish little brat when im buying their cd's buying their clothes dvd's ec, fuck me get it right you dickhead

wilsonkck
11-09-2004, 01:51 AM
They aren't jerks GOD

They released conspiracy of one online THEM not havker nerds THEM
They also entered people into a draw 4 a million bucks when they downloaded a song, now what jerk gives u something free then gives you more for not buying his cd.

Also Dex took a fan in his plane to a gig if i remember correctly.
Plus they hand out beer during der concerts

And everyones rude at some time just cos der famous doesnt make them perfect.

I could say more but there is evidence of their dedication to fans so because some little kid got turned down for one goddamn autograph isn't the end of the world.

I do wish theyed update the website more though and there was more music video downloads but oh well

punk_flamingo
11-09-2004, 02:02 AM

let him enjoy his day with his family...jeeze, their human too.

Floyd the Barber
11-09-2004, 07:24 AM

Why Do You Capitalize Every Word You Moron????

You're sounding as reliable as 60 minutes right now. Went to disney or something??? :confused: Why the hell would Dexter be at Disney Land/World/whatever the hell you're talking about? What an extraordinary stroke of good luck this "kid" had!

Don't go bad-mouthing people you know nothing about. You need to get out more.

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-09-2004, 07:32 AM

well, if you went to disneyland, probably with your family, wouldnt you just like to spend time with them? my friend ran into noodles at an angel game, they talked, but she didnt ask for an autograph because he was with his daughter.
like anything else, there's a time and place for stuff like that.

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-09-2004, 07:37 AM
i found this random website: anecdotage.com, and randomly found this:

Offspring frontman Dexter Holland and guitarist Kevin "Noodles" Wasserman were once given $848 by Blender magazine and instructed to spend it on some worthty project. After some discussion, they elected to make a beer bong. Total cost: $12.
The boys were asked what they planned to do with the rest of the money. "We're going to drive into L.A. and see Metal Shop at the Viper Room," Holland explained. "Then," Noodles added. "We're going to bail someone out of jail." Who? "Whoever they've got!"

[The band indeed later dropped by the local jail in the wee hours to plead for the release of a homeless man named "Dave." When the prison had no record of a "Dave," Noodles took over: "How about a 'Mark'? What do you have in the way of Marks? Come on, you must have seen somebody who doesn't deserve to be here!" (They eventually gave $400 to another homeless man named Harold.)]

would a jerk do that?

Obie2trice
11-09-2004, 07:47 AM
haha good reading, thanx

emmylou
11-09-2004, 08:08 AM
i met dexter nad he was super nice to me and ,y friends and took time to talk to us :p

Gabriel
11-09-2004, 08:39 AM
I heard one story to. In germany in this year was gig ('splinter tour') Dexter asked: 'waht song do you wanna hear', one girl screamed:'dirty magic!', than Dexter heard it, and sad:'Do you wanna DM', public:YEAH!!!...
and waht? dexter sad: 'la la lalala la la lalalala...'
after gig they propably rode away in white limuzine, and they don't even stoped when they saw screaming fans.
First- I wasn't there, I just readed some fan's relacions from that gig

Gabriel
11-09-2004, 08:47 AM
ps. guys from The Offspring may be tried, so thats's why they did't stop.
anyway gig was same as always.

phoenix
11-09-2004, 11:41 AM
wots with u people startn these threads
do u know they guy personally?
cos if u dont,i know i dont either,but can u really judge if u dont know him?

MirandaV
11-09-2004, 12:02 PM
I heard one story to. In germany in this year was gig ('splinter tour') Dexter asked: 'waht song do you wanna hear', one girl screamed:'dirty magic!', than Dexter heard it, and sad:'Do you wanna DM', public:YEAH!!!...
and waht? dexter sad: 'la la lalala la la lalalala...'
after gig they propably rode away in white limuzine, and they don't even stoped when they saw screaming fans.
First- I wasn't there, I just readed some fan's relacions from that gig

Yeah well DM was not on the setlist it would be confusing for them and otherwise they couldn't say": No sorry, we 'll play self esteem

And ofcourse the limo doesnt stop for screaming fans, the bus wont get further that way!

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
11-09-2004, 12:54 PM

First off, not every word needs to be capitalized. Secondly, please provide proof for your claim.

BaneOfEvil3
11-09-2004, 02:00 PM
I've got a question:

Why do you all care so much?

Seriously... Isn't it enough that they make fucking awesome music for you? Do you really need to know everything about them? Seriously... I was reading one thread that talked about Dexter's real name being Bryan.... Why would you even CARE about that?!

So what if Dexter was a total asshole (Which he's not, I'm guessing...)? At least he helps make this music for you to listen to. Does it really matter about his personality?

That was more than one question, huh?