PDA

View Full Version : Louisville, June 11th

lionheart03
06-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Just wanted to tell everyone who couldn't attend how awsome the Offsrping were in Louisville last night. Me and three of my friends got the free tickets from The Offsping.com, so as soon as I got off work, I was on my way to Louisville. We got to the dew action sports festival around 6 PM, and the rain was still coming down. The stage area was pretty much deserted, so we spent our time looking at the rest of the events. Around 8:30 I noticed the crowd was getting thick, and fast, so we got us a good spot about 10 feet from the stage. The opening band, Acceptance, started at 9. My buddy yelled "We Want The Offsping" when they first came out and that got the crowd going.

They played until about 9:30 or so, and then the band roadies ( spell?) came out and started setting up. The crowd was getting pretty wild by then, tons of surfing, shit flying through the air, and girls flashing. When the Offsping finally came out and played, the only words I can use to describe it are Fucking Awsome!

I forget how many songs they played, but it was close to 15. Most of the Greatest Hits album were included in this, with many others. They played until 11 or so. The weather was pretty good for the whole concert, it had been raining all day, and this let off for the night performance. Everything worked out to be a great concert. Was anyone else on here able to attend?

RobinoZombie
06-12-2005, 09:34 AM
can you try too make a setlist?

Camilamazed
06-12-2005, 11:09 AM
I always say that this kind of moment makes life worth living....... Ii reminded me about the 4 gigs Ive seen in my life... I know what you went thourgh and I know exactly how you feel now.... Marvelous :D

j_gesser
06-12-2005, 05:15 PM
I also went to the concert w/ 2 of my friends. We got there about an hour before the opening band started so we were front and center. The opening band was ok but following the food fight. lol. It was semi-boring (the opening band). Ne ways there was plenty of tities to be seen and i got Noodles's pick!!!! :D The best song they played, in my opinion, was self esteem.

Tired_Of_You
06-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Did they play songs from their two first albums?

sneedo
06-12-2005, 08:35 PM
no no no no no no no no

~popwar~
06-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Yeah i caught them playing in "the Ville" too. They kicked ass!!! The crowd was goin crazy before they got on stage, (as was I) people were throwing stuff everywhere. I got nailed in the head with a wet shirt and threw it back into the crow :D d. A lot of crowd surfing going on too.

sneedo
06-13-2005, 04:40 AM
Crowd surfing can suck me off, so can the dude that was yelling "can I play guitar" every 15 seconds, and asking for Dexter and shit, what a cock.

RobinoZombie
06-13-2005, 04:49 AM
maybe the same guy who got to sing before the show?
sneed, setlist?

sneedo
06-13-2005, 05:16 AM
no it wasn't the same dude, this guy was heavier with dark hair, and a loud fuckin mouth.

RobinoZombie
06-13-2005, 06:18 AM
you ought to kick his ass

kissfreak333
06-13-2005, 07:35 AM
me and my wife drove down from indy to see the show. let me tell you, it was worth the drive. offspring put on a tremendous show. i really needed an offspring fix. it was cool to be the first crowd to hear can't repeat LIVE. i thought the set was pretty short, but i surmised that this was just a warmup for the warped tour. almost got screwed by the stupid Indiana time. thought we got to the show @ 8:00, when in reality in was 9:00 in louisville. it was kinda cool to totally miss the opener. didn't miss any of the offspring. did miss an encore. what was up with that??? i have never been to a concert that didn't have an encore.

thanks to the offspring for the free tickets.
shame an all of the people who left cause of the rain, it cleared up just in time for dexter and the boys.

great show

sneedo
06-13-2005, 07:39 AM
what was up with that??? i have never been to a concert that didn't have an encore.

bands never/hardly ever play encores at festival type shows, if they were going to play an encore, the setlist would've been different all together, I new as soon as they played TKAA first that there wouldn't be an encore.

Camilamazed
06-13-2005, 11:04 AM
What are encores??? :confused:

Oh God, you guys are so lucky you were the first to listen Can't Repeat live!!

Thank You for sharing the sensation with us !!

j_gesser
06-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Anyone who would have left before the Offspring came on because of rain is just STUPID. I heard Can't Repeat live for the first time!!! An encore is when they come back on stage for another song.

Camilamazed
06-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Anyone who would have left before the Offspring came on because of rain is just STUPID. I heard Can't Repeat live for the first time!!! An encore is when they come back on stage for another song.

Thank you Jeremy ;)

offspring_freak_3
06-13-2005, 11:47 AM
I Won Tickets But I Canīt Go To The Show :(

CANīT REPEAT LIVE? YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY!!!!!!!

lionheart03
06-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I got hit with stuff too. A few times with a nasty old wet towels, tons of those little blue candy bars they were giving away, and those CDs they were also giving away. I missed they guy yelling at the band, and the crowd sufing became rather painful for some guys twords the end of the concert. I guess alot of people were getting tired, and I saw a few guys get dropped. My friend just got his photo's of the concert today, maybe I'll scan some of them and post them for people to see.

Camilamazed
06-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I got hit with stuff too. A few times with a nasty old wet towels, tons of those little blue candy bars they were giving away, and those CDs they were also giving away. I missed they guy yelling at the band, and the crowd sufing became rather painful for some guys twords the end of the concert. I guess alot of people were getting tired, and I saw a few guys get dropped. My friend just got his photo's of the concert today, maybe I'll scan some of them and post them for people to see.

Me wants pixies hehe, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :D

Amanda
06-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Well i've never been able to see Offspring live so...I think i'll just go sit in a corner and contemplate the unfairness of my life. :(

Camilamazed
06-13-2005, 04:21 PM
^^ Dramatic hehe

Mandaaaaaaaaa, don't worry.They'll be here soon ;)

Amanda
06-13-2005, 04:30 PM
No they won't, they were here not long ago and I, in all my stupidity, missed it! :mad:

Camilamazed
06-13-2005, 04:54 PM
No they won't, they were here not long ago and I, in all my stupidity, missed it! :mad:

If I were you I'd believe what I say...... :rolleyes:

Amanda
06-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Why....you know something i don't know??? Tell me Tell me Tell me!!!!

Camilamazed
06-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Why....you know something i don't know??? Tell me Tell me Tell me!!!!

I know nothing don't worry...... I just got a feeling hehe ;)

Offspring711
06-14-2005, 11:38 AM
well i was in the front right in front of noodles and he through his beer to the guy behind me. I managed to get some video footage of him playing and i got a pic of dexter. I really couldnt get many pictures because i kept getting pushed by the crowd behind me into the barricade.http://www.geocities.com/testsubjects1/dexter.jpg

sneedo
06-14-2005, 07:08 PM
send that video over

Camilamazed
06-14-2005, 09:15 PM
What sneedo said

Great Pic, Dude :D

Offspring711
06-14-2005, 09:32 PM
I cant but i can put some stills of it up and it was only 10 seconds

Awesome_Avril
06-20-2005, 06:44 PM
I drove down to Louisville from Cincinnati to see the show. I am a relatively new fan having just bought my first Offspring CD Americana about a year ago after borrowing it from a friend. I just bought SMASH about a month ago. You played almost every song from those CDs and it was fantastic!!! It was well worth the tank of gas. THANKS FOR THE FREE TICKETS!! I took some great pictures. I've already bought/received my ticket for when you come to Cincinnati. Hey, are you staying in Cincinnati when you play here? I know some great places to go in the Tri-State and you can even get food and not have to drink your dinner (unlike your experience in Louisville). You've got my e-mail. Let me know. I'll even buy a round or two of drinks to reciprocate for the free tickets to the Louisville show. I wish that I could have gone to the concert in Columbus but I already had plans that I made over a month ago and I don’t want to blow-off my friends. Even though now I'm sorry that I didn't go.