PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd To Reunite for a Concert

HornyPope
06-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Wow. I've been following (and sometimes posting here) rumours the past few years that speculated of an eventual reunion, so needless to say i'm extremly ecstatic to hear them confirm a date for a concert. July 2nd in Hyde Park, London. I'm seriously contemplating to go. I was originaly considering to fly out to Germany in the first week of July whence I should lay the road for my further summer trips, including a stop in Amsterdam of course, but with the prospect of concert of the early century glooming in air--Coldplay, Elton John and Paul McCartney are the other booked artists--i'll be willing to fly out a bit earlier. If only I manage to settle all things at home in time. Then i'm out straight to London. I don't suppose anyone wants to join? Tickets will probably sell at like 200 pounds but fuck it's totaly worth it.

Hit_That
06-12-2005, 06:03 PM
i hate pink floyd the suck complete ass...buy me money

Gordie
06-12-2005, 06:04 PM
i hate pink floyd the suck complete ass...buy me money

you should really consider suicide

on a side note.. i wish i didnt live in canada, so i could see them, and if i had the money i would most definatley fly out there

HornyPope
06-12-2005, 06:05 PM
I generally ignore retards... and i'm not gonna make an exception for you.

HornyPope
06-12-2005, 06:06 PM
on a side note.. i wish i didnt live in canada, so i could see them, and if i had the money i would most definatley fly out there

I'm flying out from Canada too. I figure it's worth it. To me. They ought to make a North American tour if the reunion goes along well, so wait a bit and hopefully you'll get your chance. :)

nieh
06-12-2005, 06:07 PM
I'd fly to England for a show like that. It's funny cause the one that's like 10 minutes from me has a shitty lineup but the one in London is awesome.

Gordie
06-12-2005, 06:08 PM
that would be so awesome if they came here, but bands tend to skip out on western canada for some reason..

HornyPope
06-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Come with me, Josh?

nieh
06-12-2005, 06:12 PM
I dunno. It'll be a pain to get tickets. Did you go to their website?

Tickets for LIVE 8 London are not being made available for sale. If you purchase a ticket from anyone you risk being refused entry at the event and losing the money you paid for the ticket.

Tickets for the LIVE 8 London concert in Hyde Park will be allocated via a text competition. The competition is open to UK and Channel Islands' residents aged 16 or over.

For the chance to win a pair of tickets to the London event send us your answer to this simple question:

What city is the forthcoming G8 summit being held near this July?

A) Berlin B) Moscow C) Edinburgh

Text A, B or C to 84599*

Each entry costs 1.50* plus your operator's standard text charge.

Plus I'm already flying to Florida and possibly to Michigan later this year. I wouldn't be able to afford another trip on such short notice.

HornyPope
06-12-2005, 06:12 PM
\
AHFrfilhdsfbgdkudsbgdsfubgsd DFUFK. ASSHOLEs. Didnt think it would be that complicated.

nieh
06-12-2005, 06:19 PM
They're still not even showing Pink Floyd on their site, so it might not be 100% confirmed either.

HornyPope
06-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Dunno, google news search has a lot of returns. I think it's rather official now.

http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&ned=ca&q=pink+floyd&btnG=Search+News

HornyPope
06-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Oh and it's on the official site.

http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/main.php?flash=present&quicktime=present

nieh
06-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Ahh...it's not showing on the Live Aid site though: http://www.live8live.com. I wish I had more money. I wonder why they have REM playing there instead of in Philly? That just doesn't make sense.

ShadowPyro
06-12-2005, 06:45 PM
I would love to go... To bad its in London... Maby my dad will take me, he loves them.

HornyPope
06-12-2005, 06:46 PM
REM played here like last autumn I think. Didn't even go. I'm not too impressed with them really.

nieh
06-12-2005, 06:56 PM
They've had enough good songs over their career that they'd be able to put on a good show.

Betty
06-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Ahhhh... the joys of getting tickets...

Good luck Vlad. It wouldn't be the price of the tickets that concerned me, but the price of the flight.

Jesus
06-13-2005, 12:43 PM
I wonder why they have REM playing there instead of in Philly? That just doesn't make sense.

Ofcourse it makes sense. Since the best festivals of Europe (well probably the world) are in june and july. (Glastonbury, Werchter, Roskilde, Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park). Thus all the bands are in Europe.

Like REM is playing a festival in Switzerland the same day of Live 8 (so they probably play in London in the afternoon) and the next day they are doing Werchter (which me and Iz will be attending for 4 days w00t).

Preecey
06-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Pink Floyd rock. London is well too far away for me though.

wheelchairman
06-13-2005, 12:46 PM
pff I'd be in Roskilde if it weren't for Amsterdam. You people better be worth it. I expect you all to make a rock show as compensation....*Wayne's World 2 Flashback*

Vicky
06-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Will be a pain to get tickets, but I guess if you're gonna pay enough, some people will sell theirs on ebay..

Camilamazed
06-13-2005, 12:55 PM
I'd love seeing them..Roger Waters played here a while ago and I wasn't able to see him.... By the way, I don't know if any of you have heard about an Australian band who plays Pink Floyd.They are going to play in Sao Paulo next 16th and 17th.. I wish I could go but the tickets are too damn expensive and I'm not working right now..... :(

Sil
06-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I saw Roger show Cammie , I think I told you it was so amazing I did not even need to smoke anything to go high hehehe.Just the sound made me go to another place far far away from the Pacaembu stadium that night.How I wish I could see this reunion show, it will be f* AMAZING!

HornyPope
06-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Just read that over two million people participated in the tickets drawing.Fuck. Good luck to me trying to get a ticket.

Inshane
06-14-2005, 04:33 AM
If someone IS going, would you draw boobs on your chest and write :

''These are Nina her breasts, but she couldnt make it.''

above it and then flash pink floyd ?!

kthanks.

HornyPope
06-14-2005, 05:02 AM
Provide me with pics and i'm sure we can work out an arrangement.

Inshane
06-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Provide me with pics and i'm sure we can work out an arrangement.

hehe, uhm -blushes-...let me figure out an excuse for not showing you my female attraction.

HornyPope
06-14-2005, 05:14 AM
You can go with either:

A) I'm not a whore and I dont show my tits to random guys
B) I have a boyfriend and I could never ever part from my obligations to be his and only his

I'd say more on this fascinating topic but i'm have to run now. camping/party and stuff.

Inshane
06-14-2005, 05:19 AM
Im going for B.

have fun camping.

Vicky
06-14-2005, 08:47 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1307&item=6539711898&rd=1

HP, try this one :p theres loads on ebay now too.. though bob geldof doesn't like it and is trying to get a national ban on ebay till its over:S

HornyPope
06-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks, Vicky. I'm cruising around sites for the latest availible information. It won't likely come from ebay since the bastards are inclined to co-operate with the organizers demands to put a halt to re-sale of tickets. Maybe on a smaller ticket sale site. I'll keep searching. Any help is always welcome.

ASP
06-14-2005, 07:56 PM
I heard about that. It is cool as hell that they are getting back together. I wish I could go, damn it. I wish my family had money!

Vicky
06-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Thanks, Vicky. I'm cruising around sites for the latest availible information. It won't likely come from ebay since the bastards are inclined to co-operate with the organizers demands to put a halt to re-sale of tickets. Maybe on a smaller ticket sale site. I'll keep searching. Any help is always welcome.

eBay probably won't stop the sale, since here its not illegal to sell on charity event tickets, whether you paid for them or not.. the government wrote the ebay too, though.. so maybe. but if you get in there quick then it'll probably work okay with ebay. good luck!

edit - too late.. they've banned them on ebay now

HornyPope
06-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Yup, ebay had stepped in big time.

http://nme.com/news/112686.htm

Vicky
06-15-2005, 10:27 AM
he should've just sold tickets in the first place, then put that money towards charity.. that'd be a lot of money to charity :/