PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this rebate?

darko
06-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Yeah i know i should have paid attention from the beginning. But this rebate france and britian seem to be fighting over. Can someone explain?

felix_leiter
06-13-2005, 11:38 AM
All the countries in the EU pay money to the EU. That money is then spent on whatever the EU wants to spend it on.

A lot of money goes to farming subsidies. France has a lot of farmers, and so they are given a lot of money, a lot more than Britain is (cos Britain has less farmers i spose).

Britain thought this was unfair, so negociated to get a rebate, because otherwise much less money is paid back to them by the EU than France.

darko
06-13-2005, 01:47 PM
And yet if it was the other way around, Britian wouldnt do it

RXP
06-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Basically the French are cunts. Selfish cunts who allow 3rd world farmers to starve. They kill people daily so they can drive around their 4 wheel drives. But hey, they're French.

darko
06-13-2005, 02:47 PM
yeah, well.....look who's in charge

Jesus
06-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Basically the French are cunts. Selfish cunts who allow 3rd world farmers to starve. They kill people daily so they can drive around their 4 wheel drives. But hey, they're French.

The problem isnt protectionism or subsidies, nor do I mind them that much. Since those things actually help lower incomes in Europe (food sometimes at a ridiculous low price), but it's still ofcourse pretty inefficient at helping them.
The problem is the dumping in 3rd world countries (has not much to do with the eu since other countries do the same crap). Such a bad policy, kind of like how your "department for international development" pays the Adam Smith Institute to "reform the public sector" (privatizing water etc.) in some developing countries.

darko
06-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Such a bad policy, kind of like how your "department for international development" pays the Adam Smith Institute to "reform the public sector" (privatizing water etc.) in some developing countries.

well look what happened in Britian when they privatized the national rail, {Yeah i know it not the same as water} its now a bloody mess! they do that to water etc its going to fuck them up even more!

clokey43
06-27-2005, 03:34 PM

so constructive. Ha i completly agree , we should get a rebate, the EU are jus money grabbing scum. The idea is to get rid of dictatorship? yeah looks like it!

So to answer question yea its because we put in to much to EU and get practiaclly bugger all back so Magie Thather decided she would sort it! Lol gd ole magie, goes in there like a bull in a china shop n gets wot she wants. Yeah now the rest of the EU are crying bout it, sayin it aint fair, n tony blair is like tuff, get over it! So they all having a spaz fit!

darko
06-28-2005, 12:38 PM
some how i think france arent gonna give it to us tho....

darko
06-29-2005, 12:54 PM
i only asked what the rebate was about and for someone to explain it to me....there is no need for:

Okay now: screw you!

clokey43
06-29-2005, 02:27 PM
the fact is some people are really lame and can only abuse people. Its like impossible for them to actually help someone who asks for it. They jus come to the assumption ur stupid because you asked a question that they know.

I hope at least some of us were helpful!

That Punk Kid You Love
06-29-2005, 02:42 PM
I think they British and French should all get together and have smelly blue toothed babies called the Brench and they will sell them to people and fight them in the black market.

clokey43
06-30-2005, 01:18 AM
thats quite a good idea, only one problem, finding a british person who actually likes the french to get within a mile of them. hahahaha

darko
06-30-2005, 04:38 AM
well even if you do find a british person who like the french, you gotta find a french person that likes the brits.....and dont the french hate everyone?

clokey43
07-01-2005, 05:13 AM
They love the Brits really, they pretend to hate us because they dont wanna look stupid in front of the other EU members coz they are like 'can u be our friends' n were like 'er no i dont think so!'

clokey43
07-04-2005, 01:04 AM
I wasnt calling the french anything, i quoted the guy to being to light that it wasnt very constructive to be so mean! No need for nastyness like that rlly. Just to clarify!