PDA

View Full Version : Abortions

Sin Studly
06-13-2005, 11:14 PM
What's your opinion on Abortions?

Not Ozymandias
06-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Abortion saved this world from itself, it is our only hope.

Endymion
06-13-2005, 11:54 PM
great on rye.

HornyPope
06-14-2005, 12:47 AM
Well done, not too bloody. Salt and paper, an option.

AmieTripodi
06-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Three words: A Modest Proposal

Have you guys ever seen that SeaLab 2021 episode where Debbie wants to have a baby so she asks Sparks why he'd make a good father and he gives her a copy of "A Modest Proposal"? There's this whole scene where he explains to her Swift's ideas and she freaks out and then at the end he just nonchalantly says, "Just trying to help out a single mother." That was one of the funniest damn things I've ever seen in my entire life.

Preecey
06-14-2005, 02:55 AM
Abortions is on my test later today.

Kerr
06-14-2005, 03:13 AM
It depends. The idea of "killing a human" is kinda true. However, say a woman gets raped, and is pregnant witht the rapist's child. She might not want the baby. Or say another baby will put a lot of stress on the woman, if she, say, amnaged a company and since that is a lot of work, she might decide she doesn't want a child yet still accidentally gets pregnant. On these grounds, abortion is understandable.

Aimeht
06-14-2005, 03:20 AM
Abortions is okay for me.

Piedude
06-14-2005, 04:34 AM
I think people should be able to have abortions, because the anti-abortion groups cant know ever individuals circumstances, I just think the time limit should be lowered by a few weeks

darko
06-14-2005, 04:44 AM
depends on circumstances{sp}

thing is, you dont know how your going to feel when you fall pregnant. yeah now its easy to say yes or no, but you dont know what going to be happening round you, to you. say if the child has some ilness, thats going to cause alot of pain and/or discomfort. would you do that to a child? let it to be born into that pain?

Mr.T
06-14-2005, 04:54 AM
I feel sorry for the foo's who get aborted.

killer_queen
06-14-2005, 04:58 AM
i hate people who have problems with abortions. and it's not killing. it's just saving from a fucking life.

Sin Studly
06-14-2005, 05:06 AM
Jesus, I've made this thread about fifteen times now. Why do board members who've been here for a long time still post their worthless opinions every single time?

killer_queen
06-14-2005, 05:09 AM
and why do you still ask?

wheelchairman
06-14-2005, 05:18 AM
You can't be this dumb.

Thanks Justin, you brought all the plebs to the Politics section.

JohnnyNemesis
06-14-2005, 07:31 AM

joke
n.

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Endymion
06-14-2005, 02:24 PM
http://www.csulb.edu/%7Erjames/classic/kermit.png i see...

Dead Cheerleader
06-17-2005, 01:52 AM
I think people should be able to have abortions, because the anti-abortion groups cant know ever individuals circumstances, I just think the time limit should be lowered by a few weeks

Good point on the 'lowering it a few weeks' idea, aborting a fetus when it's that developed is fucked up. I think the neural tube is the first thing formed in development right, so technically the first things formed are the brain and spinal cord. Not pleasant, I think that thought alone would convince some bitches to use a condom but apparently not. I however agree with abortion, because the stupid whores who are retarded enough to get pregnant are the exact same people we don't want procreating or raising a kid...sad. But if we have all these fetuses lying around, why not give them to the scientists so we can extract the stem cells? Who's with me!

Skip91
06-17-2005, 02:44 AM
i hate people who have problems with abortions. and it's not killing. it's just saving from a fucking life.

You are a dumbass

Sin Studly
06-17-2005, 05:27 AM
Who's with me!

I am. Wanna have my abortion?

wheelchairman
06-17-2005, 05:48 AM
Good point on the 'lowering it a few weeks' idea, aborting a fetus when it's that developed is fucked up. I think the neural tube is the first thing formed in development right, so technically the first things formed are the brain and spinal cord. Not pleasant, I think that thought alone would convince some bitches to use a condom but apparently not. I however agree with abortion, because the stupid whores who are retarded enough to get pregnant are the exact same people we don't want procreating or raising a kid...sad. But if we have all these fetuses lying around, why not give them to the scientists so we can extract the stem cells? Who's with me!
I say abort anyone and anything up until the birthing. Nothing fucked up with that, cygotes don't got a good reason to live anyways. And I use the word 'live' in the most tenuous definition of the word.

Sin Studly
06-17-2005, 06:21 AM
Abortions should be legal up until the kid is old enough to memorise it's home address.

引出しの人
06-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Abortion saved this world from itself, it is our only hope.
Well... we have no hope... we will die eventually. Um... how many "abortion" threads is this now?

lost_nvrfound
06-17-2005, 01:29 PM
aborition makes good sense in many case, like if you wouldn't be able to care for the child when he is born or if its hazardous to the mothers health. it all depends on the circumstances. i don't think it should be used just as a way to get out of a tight spot or something like that. that's wrong. but if its saving a kid from an awful life or saving a mother's life or something, i think its fine

Well Hung Irishman
06-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Only whores get abortions. They are an insult to god. It is exactly the same as if I were to kill somebody. Anyone who makes abortions deserves to go to hell.

Endymion
06-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Only whores get abortions. They are an insult to god. It is exactly the same as if I were to kill somebody. Anyone who makes abortions deserves to go to hell.
i hope your mother and sisters are all raped.

Well Hung Irishman
06-17-2005, 02:30 PM
ATLEAST MY MUMS NO ABORTION GETTING WHORE LIKE YURS! :mad:

Bryan875
06-17-2005, 02:54 PM
I pretty much agree with u man,but it shouldn't mean they should go to hell for it if they get saved.

Endymion
06-17-2005, 03:00 PM
ATLEAST MY MUMS NO ABORTION GETTING WHORE LIKE YURS! :mad:
my mother's never had an abortion, but at least she had the wherewithal to raise me with the ability to spell correctly.

Well Hung Irishman
06-17-2005, 03:05 PM
If she did then why did you write wherewithal? THAT IS NOT A WORD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Endymion
06-17-2005, 03:40 PM
If she did then why did you write wherewithal? THAT IS NOT A WORD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=wherewithal
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wherewithal
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=wherewithal&book=Dictionary

i'm sorry, you were saying...?

ermdevi@tion
06-17-2005, 04:40 PM
I believe that calls for this:

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/owned-19179.jpg

Noodles is gay
06-17-2005, 04:44 PM

yes, my suspicions have been confirmed; congratulations! You really are a twat.

Well Hung Irishman
06-17-2005, 04:50 PM
whatever. U can take ur dictionary to hell with u becuz that is where ur going for belieing in abortions.

Noodles is gay
06-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Believe me, I will have my dictionary down there; along with my thesaurus and marijuana plants. ;)

hey dude, why don't you go fuck the pope seeing as you love him so much?

....bloody hell, where's my yaoi gone?

Well Hung Irishman
06-17-2005, 04:58 PM
How bout u go fuck urself? and leave the Lord and his clergy outts this

Noodles is gay
06-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Well I just finished but I guess I could go do it again - isn't one of the ten commandments, is it? Now then – gotta go find me some yaoi….if I hadn't smoked so much weed today I probably would've saved it under a decent filename but alas! My bad.....

'His clergy'? The Nazi! Ha!

Oh, and:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/elektra9/5c761f7b.jpg

How ‘bout u’ learn to spell?

0r4ng3
06-17-2005, 05:18 PM
The anti-abortionists are the only people that should have been aborted.

wheelchairman
06-17-2005, 06:48 PM
My favorite line from A Portrait

"We are a God-forsaken nation."

shadowind
06-19-2005, 03:30 AM
define the diff. between a fetus and a baby for me and define right and wrong

(i think abortion is basicly murder)

but then again what is the diff. between murdering and killing.
and can't a murder suspect get charged with double homicide or something if he kills a pregent women?.

wheelchairman
06-19-2005, 05:14 AM
define the diff. between a fetus and a baby for me and define right and wrong

(i think abortion is basicly murder)

and can't a murder suspect get charged with double homicide or something if he kills a pregent women?.
Personally I don't think it matters, but

a fetus is just a bunch of cells that really can't do anything, it'd basically be about the same level of "murder" as popping a pimple, masturbating, menstruating, or getting rid of a tumor.

Around the 8th month or so ( and generally, people don't wait this long to get abortions), the fetus will have developed human-like qualities, it still would have a hard time existing outside of the womb.

And there is no right or wrong. Furthermore, right and wrong have no place in politics.

RXP
06-19-2005, 05:57 AM

It depends on the country. In England and Wales for murder there needs to be three requirements

1) Killing of a human being
2) Under the queens peace (not war time)
3) With maliceaforethought (specific intent)

Thus if you kill a woman and your intent was to kill her and her baby dies you can only be charged with voluntary manslaughter for the babies because your intent was only to her.

Further the baby has to be a human being. This is defined as an independant existence of the mother. So if stab a woman in the stomach and her baby is born premature and later dies, that is the only time you can be charged with murder. Otherwise if the feotus dies inside the mother you can only be charged with infantside or unlawful abortion.

Satanic_Surfer
06-19-2005, 07:19 AM
And unlawful abortions, such as cloth hanger hook up the pussy or nails through the womb, would be practiced widely in case of that abortions would be illegalized. Yet believing that women in need of abortions are "sluts" is a great generalizing and for those who do think in these ways, it only shows how mature views they do have.
I would apreciate lobotomies being legalized for these nutcases.

Flexing Wings
06-19-2005, 07:59 AM
Further the baby has to be a human being. This is defined as an independant existence of the mother.

That is a really bizarre statement to me...

I think I understand it and I'd like to pre-note that my vocalisation of the thoughts it provoked are not aimed as a criticism to you personally RXP.

I'd never really personally thought about it like that, as that definition doesn't seem to really allow for the concept of potential. I mean just because the baby isn't 'independent' (which it wouldn't be anyway, even though technically it's not in the womb and biologically independently functional, the umbilical cord is actually merely replaced with an external part of the mother's body) doesn't mean that when it's in the womb it is less likely to be a 'human being' than when it's a small infant...

RXP
06-19-2005, 08:40 AM
It it's the law. The amblilical cord/breathing thru own lungs was decided in:

Rance and another v Mid-Downs Health Authority and another [1991] 1 All ER 801

and the facts of killing a baby inside its mum came up in o AG’s Ref (No 3 of 1994) (1996) here's some stuff from my revision notes

 D had stabbed gf in stomach despite knowing of her pregnancy
 Gave birth premature, baby died months later
 D charged with GBH to mother
 But could’t be convicted of murder/manslaughter of baby
 HoL decided no murder if D had not intended to kill or seriously inure the foetus itself.
 No mens rea
 But a case of manslaughter could be brought

Flexing Wings
06-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Your missing my point dude. I understand the legalities... it was more the latter end of my point... the bit about the potential and how the baby is only slightly less dependent on the mother...

Oh I don't know. Whatever.

RXP
06-19-2005, 08:54 AM
I didn't miss your point. You think the criteira is stupid. But it's the law. That's all that matters. It doesn't matter what you think or say, or what the majority of society says.

Flexing Wings
06-19-2005, 09:04 AM
I didn't miss your point. You think the criteira is stupid. But it's the law. That's all that matters. It doesn't matter what you think or say, or what the majority of society says.

I never said 'stupid' and I'm not contesting the law... I just said it provoked certain thoughts and I wanted your take on them.

Wondering why now though, as all you did was reiterate your old point without the referrence to your feelings or opinions in the process that I was hoping for...

RXP
06-19-2005, 09:06 AM
You don't wanna know my feelings. I come from a very dark background. I think death = happiness and that the greatest evil in the world is for people to have kids. There's enough of them out there needing to be adopted. But people are selfish.

Flexing Wings
06-19-2005, 09:14 AM
You don't wanna know my feelings. I come from a very dark background. I think death = happiness and that the greatest evil in the world is for people to have kids. There's enough of them out there needing to be adopted. But people are selfish.

I perhaps wouldn't agree with this in the universal sense... and I wonder who would have the power to decide who is worthy if it weren't in the universal sense... but I understand what you mean, and would generally support that.

Sin Studly
06-19-2005, 09:22 AM
In the immortal words of Jimmy Booth ; "The law is never fucking wrong, asshole! The law fucking IS!"

Flexing Wings
06-19-2005, 09:28 AM
In the immortal words of Jimmy Booth ; "The law is never fucking wrong, asshole! The law fucking IS!"

Thank you for that profound take on the conversation. Pure class.

On a plus side, it may have lightened the tone a little.

Bryan875
06-19-2005, 10:25 AM
but the law was created by people and people arn't perfect....so just because it's a law doesn't make it right..u know what i mean?

RXP
06-19-2005, 11:08 AM

Oh man that woudl be an awesome quote to have put in one my of essays last year if I did natural law theories (about if law has to be moral in order to be law).

Punk_Conspiracy
06-20-2005, 05:53 AM
If you wind up pregnant and you don't wanna keep the child then obviously you're an idiot for not having the proper protection. Though it'd be a pretty cruel punishment to have to bring up an unwanted child, so in just about any case an abortion is understandable. In ANY case.

It depends. The idea of "killing a human" is kinda true. However, say a woman gets raped, and is pregnant witht the rapist's child. She might not want the baby. Or say another baby will put a lot of stress on the woman, if she, say, amnaged a company and since that is a lot of work, she might decide she doesn't want a child yet still accidentally gets pregnant. On these grounds, abortion is understandable.

You sir, are a moron.

shadowind
06-20-2005, 06:30 PM
a fetus is just a bunch of cells that really can't do anything, it'd basically be about the same level of "murder" as popping a pimple, masturbating, menstruating, or getting rid of a tumor.

Around the 8th month or so ( and generally, people don't wait this long to get abortions), the fetus will have developed human-like qualities, it still would have a hard time existing outside of the womb.

so are you saying a childs or a teenagers (since it would have a hard time out in the real world) life doesn't matter and the possiblitys of the impacts the child could have on world doesn't ethier and the mind and body of a baby (wich still has serious growing to still do) doesn't matter etheir since they are not fully devolped and the only things they do is sleep eat poop pee and cry and grow and breath.
and the baby isn't even on the same level mentally as a dog or some other animal so it would be ok to destroy it in a simaler manner I THINK NOT a human life or any life is a special thing not to be wasted put the kid up for adoption. the basics of your ideas are screwed up

Endymion
06-20-2005, 06:36 PM
(since it would have a hard time out in the real world)
there's a big difference between "literally not able to live outside the womb" and "can't cut it on the mean streets".

shadowind
06-20-2005, 07:02 PM
there's a big difference between "literally not able to live outside the womb" and "can't cut it on the mean streets".

not really
the home is like a womb when you think about it
it can be a protective shell or a a toxic chemical bath depending on whats put into it and the moms have a big say on whats put into the their bodys and thier home and i was trying to say the kids are still dependent on their family to help and watch out for them just like the fetus

http://img270.echo.cx/img270/1213/tdadd9kl.gif (http://tdesign.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi)

Endymion
06-20-2005, 07:23 PM
not really
the home is like a womb when you think about it
it can be a protective shell or a a toxic chemical bath depending on whats put into it and the moms have a big say on whats put into the their bodys and thier home and i was trying to say the kids are still dependent on their family to help and watch out for them just like the fetus

we're talking literally here. kids grow up without families or anyone else's help all the time. not so much now as 150, 100 years ago, but nonetheless it happens. children are not literally dependent on others for literal survival (not to say their life would be grand). a fetus, however, is. that is the point that was being made.

note: none of this reflects my personal opinions.

sumrandumpunk
06-20-2005, 07:24 PM
All these fucking people calling them a mass of cells are sick... think of the actual parents and how proud they are to be parents and have a baby developing inside a person. Since recently all these liberal fags think its ok to kill a baby just because it's not outside a body and can't survive outside one. Can it survive on it's own otuside the body? Still not for long. Please think before you speak. I mean some people do have valid reasons for not wanting it but put it for adoption... a rape victim might think it a child of evil... I can understand why in some ways but until I'm a woman who's been raped I'll never claim to fully understand why rape victims get abortions. A teenager who follows the mass of cells aproach just wants to avoid the shame she deserves for having sex at 16 or a similar age. Using abortion as a dodge of shame, guilt, or reprocussions for sex isn't excuseable. Those people will follow the mass of cells though just because it's out there. Those thoughts only spread for people's selfish reasons or because they've been taught this to be the truth. I never once mentioned God in this so don't tack me up as a far right wing Christian either. I know a man whose three daughters were all almsot aborted and he can tell you much better than I why they're horrendous. If anyone feels they must jsut ask me to contact Mr. Barrow. He'll show you why I feel this way as well as him. I guess that I'll admit i haven't listed near enough reasons to make this a valid point in a debate. But I threw my opinions out.

0r4ng3
06-20-2005, 07:32 PM
... think of the actual parents and how proud they are to be parents and have a baby developing inside a person.
If they are so proud, why are they getting an abortion in the first place?

Endymion
06-20-2005, 07:35 PM
for those who believe that a fetus is a human being etc etc:

what about sperm--are they just cells or are they protected?
and eggs, what of them?
if no to the above, at what point does it become a life? the instant of fertilization?
what of miscarriages? are they manslaughter? if no, why not?

shadowind
06-20-2005, 07:59 PM
for those who believe that a fetus is a human being etc etc:

what about sperm--are they just cells or are they protected?
and eggs, what of them?
if no to the above, at what point does it become a life? the instant of fertilization?
what of miscarriages? are they manslaughter? if no, why not?

first off a human is just a pile of cells just like any living thing ( minus the single celled)what makes a 80 year man diff. then a fetus is just the fact that he has a mind and a fully devoped body a fetus is just a deveoping human or is a human a deveoped and still deveoping fetus?
http://img270.echo.cx/img270/1213/tdadd9kl.gif (http://tdesign.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi)
http://td30.proboards30.com/index.cgi?action=register2

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm really divided on the subject. It seems there are 4 different problems one can think about:

1. Haploid cells are living as well, and have the potential to become fully developed cells like zygotes do.

2. Zygotes are already "living" and are on the path to becoming children.

3. It's a well-known fact that pumping out children hurts.

4. Aren't adoption centers created to keep your unwanted children?

It's kind of hard with these variables to ones judgement. I really am divided on the subject. My heart says, "Dude, it's a fucking fetus! Why would some one want to destroy a child before it can live?!" Whereas my brain says, "Dude, it's a fucking fetus. It'll never know!" I'm lost.

Endymion
06-20-2005, 08:14 PM
first off a human is just a pile of cells just like any living thing ( minus the single celled)what makes a 80 year man diff. then a fetus is just the fact that he has a mind and a fully devoped body a fetus is just a deveoping human or is a human a deveoped and still deveoping fetus?

what is your particular argument against abortion? because the fetus can/will become a (in the vast majority of cases) normally functioning human, capable of higher mental functions, and thus is akin to murder?

what about the severely mentally handicapped? people with alzheimers or other debilitating conditions (terri schiavo) where they can not function as anything like a normal human? is it ok to euthanize them?

oh, and it's "develop."

shadowind
06-20-2005, 08:57 PM
the mentally handicapped should live

if the brain dead decided that they didn't want to live after they became brain dead when they were still living ( there is more then one type of death)
then respect their wishs if you can bring your self to it ( just make sure its in a legal document first)
just be sure that there is no hope for them to become like they were
before you make sure theres no hope

give me a good purpose to believe that abortions are ok ( exculding rape victims)
( i'll just try to prove you wrong)

Endymion
06-20-2005, 09:17 PM
give me a good purpose to believe that abortions are ok
( i'll just prove you wrong)

because human life is not sacred.

Sin Studly
06-21-2005, 06:51 AM
the mentally handicapped should live

Have you ever met a mentally handicapped person? They're all so annoying!

Endymion
06-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Have you ever met a mentally handicapped person? They're all so annoying!
more than that, they suck more resources than a normal person but contribute nothing to society.

Mota Boy
06-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Personally, I'm pro-choice because outlawing abortions will not stop them, just make them much more dangerous.

Also, people who have abortions have them because they're unwilling or unable to support the children. Already, adoption centers are overcrowded, and people that do adopt generally do not want poor American (often black) children, but instead look abroad.

Flexing Wings
06-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Just a point that pissed me off when reading this thread:
If people want to be successful in merely sounding biologically educated to add "weight" to their point, may they please spell foetus correctly.

I personally think that people (mainly the youth of the British nation, I will say, as we currently have one of the highest rates of teenage pregnancy) would start to realise the impact, responsibility and consequences that certain acts carry. I cannot, for the life of me, comprehend how people don't understand what having a child actually means, in terms of bringing a life into this world.

Digressing a little from the thread there, but that point has been bugging me for a while.

I think that people should use contraceptives if they don't want children, as I personally feel that this option is far less stressful and emotional for the 'mother' to deal with than actually having to abort something she can actually feel growing inside her. But of course, in the cases where the contraception fails, abortion should definitely be an option.

give me a good purpose to believe that abortions are ok
( i'll just prove you wrong)

The reason I think that, is because I believe nobody deserves any less than love, support, security and a guilt-free childhood from their parents. And if said parents are not able to give that nurture then it's not fair for the child to be brought into this world.

That is just my personal opinion, and I personally would look for no less than being able to do all those things for my own child, should I choose to take on the responsibility of having one.

Endymion
06-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Just a point that pissed me off when reading this thread:
If people want to be successful in merely sounding biologically educated to add "weight" to their point, may they please spell foetus correctly.

fetus is the non-uk spelling of the word. it is not incorrect.

Flexing Wings
06-21-2005, 10:19 AM
fetus is the non-uk spelling of the word. it is not incorrect.

Sorry, didn't know that. Take it all back.

shadowind
06-21-2005, 05:56 PM
i hate people
you guys are good at making people think

life itself is Sacred enough.

and mentally handicaped people are still people just handicaped and what have you contributed to society.

can't you people see that life is special

and have you guys ever heard of not haveing sex until your able to take care of a child.

Strider
06-21-2005, 06:07 PM
What's your opinion on Abortions?
Why do you guys focus on this theme so much? I was happy to be rid of TripBoy's insistance on it, and now this...

shadowind
06-21-2005, 08:06 PM
theres nothing wrong with a 15 year old virgin
who has 2 nephews that i watch almost day during the school year
so i have a taste on what it would be like to be a father something im not ready to be and protection dosen't always work
besides who knows what dieseases i would get from the hot bod dim girls i could hang with if i decided to put up with their bull shit and maby joined in on some of their habits.

Endymion
06-21-2005, 08:19 PM
i hate people
you guys are good at making people think
congrats.

life itself is Sacred enough.
so you're a vegan?

and mentally handicaped people are still people just handicaped and what have you contributed to society.
to date, three papers analyzing evolutionary dynamics of digital organisms.

can't you people see that life is special
look two up.

and have you guys ever heard of not haveing sex until your able to take care of a child.

so? the debate isn't about abortion for use as a general method of birth control. what about rape victims, would you tell them "sorry, you should have chosen not to have sex."?

shadowind
06-21-2005, 08:43 PM
so you're a vegan?

no i was thinking of how earth was the only known planet to have intelligent life currently on it not that we shouldn't eat meat( mmm meat is good)

to date, three papers analyzing evolutionary dynamics of digital organisms.

what?

so? the debate isn't about abortion for use as a general method of birth control. what about rape victims, would you tell them "sorry, you should have chosen not to have sex."?

im undecided on the rape victim/abortion case
so let them have the option

shadowind
06-21-2005, 09:35 PM
theres humainty for you
your-self thats all that matters it seems

and can't they tell if it was rape or not by examining the rape victim( like inbetween their legs) .

Endymion
06-21-2005, 09:40 PM
theres humainty for you
your-self thats all that matters it seems

and can't they tell if it was rape or not by examining the rape victim( like inbetween their legs) .

you're telling me that the 'horror' of brusing yourself a bit is much more than that of having to raise a child?

coke_a_holic
06-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Shadowind, just admit it, you're wrong. Abortions are fine, even if there's one less baby being brought into the world. If you're pro-life, that's fine, but don't try and force everyone else to be the same.

ibid
06-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Besides there might not nessecarily be bruising... and don't give me "ohhh then it couldn't have been rape" some people freeze, and some "men" may not nessesarily do anything to cause bruising.

I don't have a problem with abortion just for the record except when some girls use it like some kind of contraception (knew a girl like this at school).

RXP
06-22-2005, 01:54 AM
to date, three papers analyzing evolutionary dynamics of digital organisms

That isn't contributing to society. That's contributing to an elite level of people who seek to understand the universe to the smallest degree. Physicsts have contrbuted very little to the majority of society if you compare it with teh down side - pollution, war on an unimagainable scale etc.

You know I like you. But what you said about mentally handicapped people not contributing to society was lame. I can imagine the only thing you contribute is taxes. It's the same with me.

Now I think serverly mentally handicapped people shoudl be euthanised, for the same reasons as mad dogs are shot. But the whole contribute to society thing is silly.

livingdeadgirl
06-22-2005, 03:34 AM
i think abortions should be banned.

the chinese beleive that a babies life begins when the baby is conceived, so when the baby is born it is in affect 9 months old.

even though the baby is still in the womb, it is still alive. so when an abortion is performed the doctor is really murdering, and the mother has given her permission for the baby to be murdered.......thats just plain wrong.

ibid
06-22-2005, 03:42 AM
the chinese beleive that a babies life begins when the baby is conceived, so when the baby is born it is in affect 9 months old.Chinese are you? Subscribe to traditional Chinese beliefs regarding ethics in medicine do you?

Would you like some bear bile?

ETA: bacteria is alive too

livingdeadgirl
06-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Chinese are you? Subscribe to traditional Chinese beliefs regarding ethics in medicine do you?

Would you like some bear bile?

ETA: bacteria is alive too

no im not chinese.

but i do like most of their beleives and their herbal aromatherepy stuff.

ibid
06-22-2005, 03:56 AM
So you would like some bear bile then...

This is a bit of a pointless thread anyway *exiting*

Endymion
06-22-2005, 03:41 PM
rxp: yeah, i know it was a cheap, low shot.

the papers were in some biology journal, but i admit they were rather weak; or at least didn't have much to say.

panzor41
06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Abortion is....bad.

clokey43
06-24-2005, 09:28 AM
I think abortions just because silly 13yr old goes out gets drunk and laid by the 20yr old kirate teacher at her local club is wrong. If it is damaging to health or as previously said due to rape, even if the person feels they cant mentally cope. Jus coz u felt like getting laid n didnt think of consequences is pathetic. It is after all a child, feoutus or not!

JohnnyNemesis
06-24-2005, 09:33 AM
^Well, that was an incredibly stupid argument.

I think it was said on the first page, but it kills me that these threads keep getting taken seriously. Goddamn.

Dupe
06-24-2005, 03:05 PM
I believe it's between you, your conscience and your God... Every Law our government makes is another freedom lost. What's right for one individual may not be right for the next...

However, I do believe it is abused... One mistake happens... when you have more than one abortion it's time to find a new form of birth control...That's blatant stupidity. If you're that dumb maybe sterilization is the option for you.

I would also like to see demographics in regards to who is footing the bill for the majority of terminations... If I'm paying for someone elses screw up then forget it...If you can't pay for one then buy condoms....

wheelchairman
06-24-2005, 04:21 PM
I believe it's between you, your conscience and your God... Every Law our government makes is another freedom lost. What's right for one individual may not be right for the next...

However, I do believe it is abused... One mistake happens... when you have more than one abortion it's time to find a new form of birth control...That's blatant stupidity. If you're that dumb maybe sterilization is the option for you.

I would also like to see demographics in regards to who is footing the bill for the majority of terminations... If I'm paying for someone elses screw up then forget it...If you can't pay for one then buy condoms....
I have a question for you. Do you know anyone who's had an abortion? and the circumstances around it?

Really, I dislike people trying to take away the possibilities of situations they don't understand.

White punk on dope
06-24-2005, 05:07 PM
let them have an abortion if they want to. its your own choice. yeah you say "omfg like omgz0rz thats baby killing! liek omgz0rz i noez11!1 and its badz0rz!" yeah shut up. people who get abortions do know they are taking the life of their own child. many of them go through horrible depression and whatnot but if they want to, they should be able to have an abortion. its their own choice.

shadowind
06-24-2005, 05:30 PM
let them have an abortion if they want to. its your own choice. yeah you say "omfg like omgz0rz thats baby killing! liek omgz0rz i noez11!1 and its badz0rz!" yeah shut up. people who get abortions do know they are taking the life of their own child. many of them go through horrible depression and whatnot but if they want to, they should be able to have an abortion. its their own choice.

so if your daddy killed you he shouldn't be put in prison becuse it was hes choice if he wanted to kill you or not

wheelchairman
06-24-2005, 05:45 PM
so if your daddy killed you he shouldn't be put in prison becuse it was hes choice if he wanted to kill you or not
Well in your case, I'd make an exception.

White punk on dope
06-24-2005, 06:04 PM

well thats different, because ive been born, circumsized, and all my body systems are done growing (i think) and im not just a bunch of organs and mush floating around in pink jell-o.

shadowind
06-24-2005, 06:15 PM
well thats different, because ive been born, circumsized, and all my body systems are done growing (i think) and im not just a bunch of organs and mush floating around in pink jell-o.
your 14 your still growing(most likly) and you are just a bunch of organs just like any animal

wheelchairman
06-25-2005, 04:06 AM
He however, is not a pile of cells living symbiotically off his mother's filopian tubes. That would be the difference, you buffoon.

What a stupid question, "how are you different from a fetus?" and the fact that you couldn't figure out how he was different, is pretty grand proof that you should've been aborted.

panzor41
06-27-2005, 04:06 AM
Abortions are bad. Theres my imput.

Sin Studly
06-27-2005, 06:36 AM
it kills me that these threads keep getting taken seriously. Goddamn.

I'm waiting for this to drop off the first page so I can start another one.

wheelchairman
06-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Why wait? Do another one now. And see if they still take it just as seriously.

livingdeadgirl
06-27-2005, 06:45 AM
tis a serious matter!!!

Flexing Wings
06-27-2005, 08:06 AM
i think abortions should be banned.

the chinese beleive that a babies life begins when the baby is conceived, so when the baby is born it is in affect 9 months old.

even though the baby is still in the womb, it is still alive. so when an abortion is performed the doctor is really murdering, and the mother has given her permission for the baby to be murdered.......thats just plain wrong.

So you'd rather that the child were born into a world where the parents couldn't provide for them... and the child have insufficient love??? Or was even potentially UNWANTED altogether?

If you don't think that's more fucked up than abortion, I feel sorry for your future children... should you ever have any without considering more than just their existence rather than the rationale and logic of whether you are fit to raise them.

livingdeadgirl
06-28-2005, 07:09 AM
hey hey hey. didnt mean it like that, but if they are in that position, condoms are given away for free you know! they could just use one of them.

but that is a very good point i didnt think of it that way........

wheelchairman
06-28-2005, 07:12 AM
When you're getting ready to fuck someone, horny as hell and drunk to heaven and back, the first thing on your mind isn't always going to be "hey we need a condum, so let me ruin the mood by mentioning this." It should be, and often times that is the case, however it's not always.

livingdeadgirl
06-28-2005, 07:14 AM
true....... i have seen the light.

Flexing Wings
06-28-2005, 07:14 AM
hey hey hey. didnt mean it like that, but if they are in that position, condoms are given away for free you know! they could just use one of them.

but that is a very good point i didnt think of it that way........

Yeah I agree, I'd already posted earlier that using condoms is much better than Abortion... just for the fact that people very rarely realise how much the actual feeling of having the child grow inside them, that maternal instinct starting to kick in, the potential morning sickness, etc will impact them... and therefore be a much more stressful and hurtful experience than the over-simplification of a quick-fix option would suggest...

livingdeadgirl
06-28-2005, 07:15 AM
*sigh* what a lovely conversation.

Flexing Wings
06-28-2005, 07:18 AM
When you're getting ready to fuck someone, horny as hell and drunk to heaven and back, the first thing on your mind isn't always going to be "hey we need a condum, so let me ruin the mood by mentioning this." It should be, and often times that is the case, however it's not always.

That is true... but some would argue that that was what the morning after pill was for.

livingdeadgirl
06-28-2005, 07:21 AM
but then the morning after pill dosent always work, just ask my mate james who is now 18.

wheelchairman
06-28-2005, 07:22 AM
That is true... but some would argue that that was what the morning after pill was for.
I'm no chick, but I'd imagine that the morning after pill is no pic-nic. Besides the morning after, it's only 75% effective, the next day it's 50% effective, the 3rd day it's 25%, and afterwards it's useless.

Flexing Wings
06-28-2005, 07:28 AM
What you want me to say guys???

Merely trying to present potential options for the situation WCM mentioned... Maybe it's her responsibility to be on the pill if she's sexually active... and going to be in the kind've aforementioned situation?

My main point is that people can't really worry about it if they get into the above situation and feel that not 'ruining the mood' is more important than the potential of the emotional pains side of abortion that I keep reiterating...

livingdeadgirl
06-28-2005, 07:31 AM
i say if it happens to you, its your own choice what you do, its a free world in most places.

wheelchairman
06-28-2005, 07:35 AM
i say if it happens to you, its your own choice what you do, its a free world in most places.
Jesus titty-fucking Christ.

Okay you are pointing out the obvious.
However, what it comes down to is that birth control is your responsibility. And abortions too, are a person's own responsibility.

livingdeadgirl
06-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Jesus titty-------- Christ.

Okay you are pointing out the obvious.
However, what it comes down to is that birth control is your responsibility. And abortions too, are a person's own responsibility.

thats what i meant.

wheelchairman
06-28-2005, 07:39 AM
I thought so.

Flexing Wings
06-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Yes it is obvious... but the point I was trying to make was about more awareness into the potential psychological impact of the abortion... so people understand that it's not as simple and easy as first thought, before getting into that position.

livingdeadgirl
06-28-2005, 07:43 AM
psyco stuff is hard to deal with.....

wheelchairman
06-28-2005, 07:44 AM
No one thinks abortion is easy. The only people who do, are the idiots who are against abortion. With their ridiculous threats about how "the crazy teens of today use abortions like condums with no thoughts for the consequences."

That's not true though. Any and all sensible people know that abortion is a heavy price.

Flexing Wings
06-28-2005, 07:48 AM
True. But I've heard vaguely intelligent people talk like that, and it's not to do with being ignorant, sometimes you just have to know someone who can really describe it, hear music they wrote, and listen to someone talk about the guilt, etc to really feel the empathy of what that person actually went through, but I think I'm pushing on an open door here...

and as for 'psyco' stuff being hard... really profound.

CaptainStanky
06-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Abortians went down when clinton was president...Could it be that more ppl could afford to have a child? Just something to gnaw on

Sin Studly
06-30-2005, 01:55 AM
psyco stuff is hard to deal with.....

Craaaaaaaawling in my skiiiiiiiiiin!

Dead Cheerleader
07-04-2005, 06:09 PM
I am. Wanna have my abortion?

Fuck yes! You're kid would be much more valuable as stems cells as opposed to a human being. :)

Sin Studly
07-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Fuck yes! You're kid would be much more valuable as stems cells as opposed to a human being. :)

Stem cells? Fuck that, I just wanted to throw it at a little kid from a moving car. That'd be hilarious.

sumrandumpunk
07-04-2005, 10:25 PM
God why are you guys posting on this. It's just liberal vs. conservative in some of it's most obvious arguments. Just let the topic die. I've got sick of saying my opinion over and over. We all hold our own beliefs for or against. We aren't changing it because people disagree so don't both arguing.

Sin Studly
07-04-2005, 11:04 PM
That's the whole joke. Every few weeks I post another "abortions" thread and watch people argue like morons. It's great fun.

T-6005
07-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Must get a lot of the same people, considering a few of the ones on this forum.

Sin Studly
07-05-2005, 05:10 AM
^ The above message has made me stop disliking Dead Cheerleader.

Flexing Wings
07-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Just because some dumb fuck can write a song about how bad they felt after an abortion doesn't change the fact that they are 100% responsible for it. What the hell is wrong with people these days? Do they have no fucking thoughts of the future or consequences?? I honestly feel no pity for them. They made a conscious choice and they deserve the consequences. (this of course does not pertain to the people who were raped etc.) Adoption is always an alternative. In reality, people who get abortions are fucking irresponsible, selfish whores. Sorry. Perhaps I'm self-righteous here.

That was a callously offensive little rant there, and I hope it was worth it.

I pity you for now being totally unworthy of tolerance or empathy, since you clearly could not extend the same fucking courtesy when expressing your opinions (however valid).

...And incidentally, how is adopting a child going to help you if the reason you need and abortion is because you cannot support the child?

Dead Cheerleader
07-05-2005, 11:23 AM
That was a callously offensive little rant there, and I hope it was worth it.

I pity you for now being totally unworthy of tolerance or empathy, since you clearly could not extend the same fucking courtesy when expressing your opinions (however valid).

...And incidentally, how is adopting a child going to help you if the reason you need and abortion is because you cannot support the child?

I"m sorry. You're right that was really insensitive. I was drunk and angry when I wrote that and I was sort of projecting my anger that I have for one of my friends who fucked me over the other night. So I apologize. I'm sure everyone's circumstances are different and there are times when abortion may be the right answer.

And I meant giving the child up for adoption to a family that is capable of giving it a better life...not adopting a new one if that's what you thought I meant.

Dead Cheerleader
07-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Fuck you. I was a bit over-expressive.

Sin Studly
07-06-2005, 03:54 AM
^The 'I was drunk' copout. Lame.

I've seen you use the 'I was stoned' copout from time to time, marichon.

Flexing Wings
07-06-2005, 07:20 AM
And I meant giving the child up for adoption to a family that is capable of giving it a better life...not adopting a new one if that's what you thought I meant.

I see your point, but you're forgetting the emotion attached to giving birth to human life, an over-sight people too often make... and if you can't get that far without getting emotionally attached, and emotionally over-whelmed by the experience and your bodies need to make you want to keep that child through the bond of growth and labour, etc... then are you just supposed to keep and raise this child without the ability (finance, etc) to do so? Is that really fair on the child?

Not too attack you as a female, but I think the biological maternal instinct is a lot stronger than that idea gives it credit for.

Not Ozymandias
07-09-2005, 07:05 PM
All kids up for adoption should be aborted too, even if they're in their teens.

Endymion
07-09-2005, 08:34 PM
http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/classic/kermit.png