PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Ray, Paul and Larry

HornyPope
11-09-2004, 12:29 AM
The Hockey Hall of Fame has three new rookie (plus another inductee - Cliff Fletcher). Hats off to these guys.

Not Ozymandias
05-24-2005, 11:07 PM
How did this not get a reply?!

sKratch
05-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Cause only fags and gay people care about hockey lolzzz

RXP
05-25-2005, 01:59 AM
I'll reply because I'm homosexual

HornyPope
05-26-2005, 12:08 AM
How did this not get a reply?!

Little do they know what are they missing.

http://www.skratch-zero.com/hosted/sincity4ja5zl7bt.gif

Deicidal Maniac
06-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Cam Neely was voted into the Hall a couple weeks ago and will be officially inducted in the Fall.

This isn't news to anyone, probably, but I figured I may as well contribute since I came here to ogle the pic above me.

HornyPope
06-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Cam is the last to score 50 in 50 and KICK ASS doing it. Remember what it felt like to actually GET to the finals and fight for the Holy Grail instead of chocking to Le Canadien in the first two rounds?

Deicidal Maniac
06-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Nope, I was 9 last time they did and was completely unaware of what the local sports teams were doing. I was too girlish as a child to like sports.

I didn't even find out until the mid-90s that they'd made it to the Finals in '88 and '90. When I learned we'd faced Edmonton both times I couldn't stop laughing.

Cam would have a fucking aneurysm if he played these days with all the low-scoring wankery going on.

SicN Twisted
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Nobody cares about hockey, stop posting about it.

Deicidal Maniac
06-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Fee-fi-fo-flan, I smell the misery of a Rangers fan...

arak0r
06-22-2005, 01:16 AM
Fee-fi-fo-flan, I smell the misery of a Rangers fan...

hahaha. so true. gotta love over paying for talent. something other ny teams seem to have in common

RXP
06-22-2005, 02:35 AM
The Wings pay for talent all the time. 'Cept we had a good base to start from and we got hte grinders and role players sorted.

HornyPope
06-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Nope, I was 9 last time they did and was completely unaware of what the local sports teams were doing.

I don't rememeber it 'live' either but I spent my teenage years watching Hockey Night in Canada and that allowed me to the catch up with all the classics and discussions about past playoffs.

The Wings are damn lucky to have Datsyuk otherwise they'll return from the stopage without ANY offense. Hull, Fedorov, Yzerman- gone. Shanahan- doesn't score anymore. Draper- he'll be overstretched in an offensive role. Maybe, maybe if Williams and Zetteberg have significantly improved and are ready to carry it to the next step, but I don't count on it. Good thing they still have the defense.

Deicidal Maniac
06-25-2005, 05:51 PM
The Wings pay for talent all the time. 'Cept we had a good base to start from and we got hte grinders and role players sorted.
It's diffrent though, Detroit spends money to build and maintain championship teams. The Rangers just try to BUY championships by getting as many All-Stars as they can find. And it never works.

RXP
06-25-2005, 05:56 PM
The Wings are damn lucky to have Datsyuk otherwise they'll return from the stopage without ANY offense. Hull, Fedorov, Yzerman- gone. Shanahan- doesn't score anymore. Draper- he'll be overstretched in an offensive role. Maybe, maybe if Williams and Zetteberg have significantly improved and are ready to carry it to the next step, but I don't count on it. Good thing they still have the defense.

Dude we have Lang.

And we also got a young guy in the ranks: Kronwell adn Greigenko (who's meant to be awesome).

And Datsyuk is on the verge of being a league MVP. You saw what he did last season. It's only the start.

Sure we're not as awesome as we used to be. But which other tema has the all star talent we did? Not even the Avs.

I mean Lang as a first liner and Datsyuk on the second line with Z on the third and Drapes on the fourth. We're fuckin deep at centre. Just need some scoring wingers. But we've always had that problem. We plugged it with Hull. But we need a young gun.

HornyPope
06-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Oh right I forgot Lang. Not sure how he will do in the new season however. I haven't at all followed his stats versus the northwest devision and the western league in general. He better be good because Datsyuk can't hold it alone. I'm not bought on future at all. I think he had a great chemistry with Hull and they knew to take advantage of opponents' mistake, and occasionaly display moments of flash and brilliance but now that he's had a breakthrough season, teams will be watching. How well can he play versus Sakic, Naslund, Iginla, Marleau? It's not as easy as being matched up against the second line.