PDA

View Full Version : This would be more fun to post if there were Republicans on the forum

Mota Boy
06-14-2005, 09:36 AM
http://www.house.gov/judiciary_democrats/letters/bushsecretmemoltr5505.pdf

As for me, it's about what I've suspected all along. However, even if there were Republicans here... I doubt that it would turn anyone against Bush. If everything about this administration and this war came out at once it would be an enormous scandal, but because the American public has been able to digest it in small chunks, Bush/war supporters have been able to slowly rationalize it all into nothing.

Hell, I'm mostly posting this because of the source rather than the implications.

SicN Twisted
06-14-2005, 12:29 PM
All in all this won't have an effect on anything, since most Bush supporters don't have the best track record in terms of actually paying attention to his policies - they only care about his resolve, which I don't will change.

That_Guy91
06-14-2005, 03:32 PM
http://p204.ezboard.com/baxisofjustice

many ultra conservatives that piss me off a lot

AmieTripodi
06-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I am Republican. You're right.....oh my God Bush is the first president EVER to do something that is morally questionable! Furthermore, ONE post from some random person on the Offspring forum is oh so likely to change my core belief system and reverse 22 years of conservative values. I think not.

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2005, 10:32 PM
.....oh my God Bush is the first president EVER to do something that is morally questionable!

That was never stated or even implied. It's common knowledge that many presidents, and many world leaders in general do morally questionable things. All you did was dodge the issue posed.

Furthermore, ONE post from some random person on the Offspring forum is oh so likely to change my core belief system and reverse 22 years of conservative values.

The implication that he wanted to convert Republicans such as yourself was clearly less than serious.

Mota Boy
06-16-2005, 09:56 AM
I am Republican. You're right.....oh my God Bush is the first president EVER to do something that is morally questionable!
...which of course makes it completely excuseable that he decided to go to war secretly, then intentionally lied to Congress and the nation in order to get the go-ahead for the invasion. You're bringing up unrelated generalities in an attempt to deflect criticism from the President - your argument is utterly worthless.

And it's not my writing, Einstein, it's the Downing Street memo (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1593607,00.html) that should make you think twice. Unless you think that I'm a member of the British government.

"Reverse 22 years of conservative values"... You are aware that waging an expensive aggressive war that doesn't directly benefit America is not a conservative value, right? Many prominent conservatives criticize the Iraq War because it's neoconservative in nature, NOT conservative. You have no idea what your values are, do you? You just watch prominent Republicans and then shape your "values" to fit whatever they're doing. If you're going to respond to this thread any more, display logic and an underlying ideology beyond dogmatically stating that you're Republican and have "conservative values", otherwise you're wasting something more valueable than the 22 years you've spent without any clear personal philosophy - you're wasting my time.

JohnnyNemesis
06-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Shit, it's one thing to see someone get owned on the Internet, but I think Mota Boy just owned her both online AND offline.

you're wasting something more valueable than the 22 years you've spent without any clear personal philosophy - you're wasting my time.

Damn. That practically turned me on.