PDA

View Full Version : offsprings gettin old

Embodude2004
11-09-2004, 05:43 AM
offsprings gettin old. there all like 40. But i hope they stay a band untill the're like 60.

Peace out

offspring4ever
11-09-2004, 06:13 AM
I hope they will keep making music until their 80

Floyd the Barber
11-09-2004, 07:37 AM
80 year old punk rockers... :eek:

Realistically, I think the band has one, maybe two albums left. I think Dexter already said that he wants to make another album next year (it'll probably come out in '06), so that's good. They are getting up there, though...but as long as they can keep making kick-ass records like Splinter, I think they can remain a viable force for as long as they want.

Obie2trice
11-09-2004, 07:39 AM
yes, but I can understand them when they split up after for example 2 more albums. They have been in the game for a long time now.

Zee
11-09-2004, 08:00 AM
They're just numbers... besides, age is their strength, you can't say they're a teeny band anymore and it gives them credibility. All_those_sum41's looks like a bunch of kids besides the Offspring.

Bazza
11-09-2004, 08:10 AM
They've been goin since b4 i was born, so i hope they carry on 4 a lot longer,

as 4 the new bands that appear in a blaze of glory, they burn out to fast

Tijs
11-09-2004, 08:11 AM
yes, but I can understand them when they split up after for example 2 more albums. They have been in the game for a long time now.
I wouldn't call it 'splitting up'. They're just gonna stop probably. You split up when the band stops cause of a fight or something.

Jojan
11-09-2004, 08:14 AM
Dexter's writing music now, so he'll keep doing that and work with Nitro. Didn't he say something about him doing a song for Ozzy? Some interview where they asked if Dexter had any phone numbers to other celebs.
Noodles could be an guitarrist in another band or a guitarr tech.
Greg proabobly play golf if he don't help Dexter with Nitro.
Atom, I don't give a shit about.

Just a thoght.

Bazza
11-09-2004, 08:15 AM
i agree wiv the stopping and not splitting up part, they'll prob jus take a few years out, and then come back wiv a really cool album

Tijs
11-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Dexter's writing music now, so he'll keep doing that and work with Nitro. Didn't he say something about him doing a song for Ozzy?
I believer that Dexter indeed wrote a song for Ozzy on one of his albums, but I'm not sure if he still does today. Don't think so atleast, since it was only one song.

Greg proabobly play golf if he don't help Dexter with Nitro.
Didn't Greg K. backed out of that?

Atom, I don't give a shit about.
Atom Played in a lot of bands and still does, so he'd be perfectly fine without the Offspring I guess.

No Brakes Boy
11-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Although Splinter wasn't amazing, it still proved that they're capable that they've got that punk rock fire in them. I did read in Kerrang! around the time when Co1 came out that Dexter questioned if he would still be playing 'Bad Habit' in his 50s lol!

Eccentric Sara
11-09-2004, 02:56 PM
I don't see why The Offspring shouldn't carry on for years.I mean,look at bands like The Rolling Stones and Alice Cooper.They're still going in their 60s/70s.:eek:

Sketch
11-09-2004, 03:50 PM
UGH! why must there be sooo many threads that are negative towards the offspring?? Just give it up people! there's no pleasing you is there?? AHHHH!

Neuxes
11-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Dag Nabbit!
It's a hate crime!
YOU HATERS!
lol

Chukk
11-09-2004, 04:24 PM
I think that they should split up and each one of them try something new, like the Beatles did. They should try out different bands and different stuff. They've been together for a fucking long time now, and if they keep making albums, I'll probably just stop buying them. I mean, they are a kickass band, but they've been doing the same shit since 1989.

Like Metallica, they started real early and are still making records today. And i respect that if they want to stay in as the offspring, but I'm just saying, they should try something new out.

And about metallica, they should fucking stop making CDs. They were only good 1983 - 1991. Now they just suck. I mean, they are still great on tour, but their new shit that they're trying out, just fuck it, man.

No Brakes Boy
11-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Trouble is we need bands like Metallica and The Offspring to remind us of the shitty music that is out there

offspringbaby2004
11-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Their not getting old! What are you talking about!? Your only old if you think your old lol They still rock! :p

~mandy~

Spiderbaby
12-08-2004, 03:41 AM
Wow...that would suck...them stopping...
But looking forward to a reunion tour would be awesome!!!
But let's stop talking about them like they are already gone. :(

Panzerfaust92
12-08-2004, 05:49 AM
Honestly said, I thought Conspiracy of one would be their last album. I thought it was a sub-par Offspring album. I was real happy when I heard about Splinter and 2 more albums would be awesome.

MirandaV
12-08-2004, 06:01 AM
I hope they 'll be making music till they're old, but otherwise I can understand if they stop, it hurts talking about it.

T-6005
12-08-2004, 06:11 AM
I don't see why they'd split up, they make brilliant stuff and they have fun.

If anything, maybe they'll withdraw from the public eye a bit, just really chill on albums and stuff, take the offspring away from mainstream and just really branch out.

Not that they don't already.

sgwt_greg
12-08-2004, 08:12 AM
They would be much better underground...just look at ignition...GREAT stuff

pie.
12-08-2004, 03:29 PM
if they get as old as U2 ill be happy.

killboypwrheadjx
12-08-2004, 07:12 PM
i think noodles is the only one who's got anything left in him. hes still crazy at concerts when the rest of the band is just pissed off and in a bad mood...he should start his own band. lol.

pOpe
12-09-2004, 05:43 AM
I don't know but I think that Offspring will "die" in 5 years more or less... I don't know any punk band with 60 years, and you?

I hope that I'll be wrong with my predictions, 'cause I belive that Offspring is the best band of the world.... time will tell
________
Henry Ford Ii History (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Henry_Ford_II)

pOpe
12-09-2004, 05:51 AM
I don't know but I think that Offspring will "die" in 5 years more or less... I don't know any punk band with 60 years, and you?

I hope that I'll be wrong with my predictions, 'cause I belive that Offspring is the best band of the world.... time will tell

cause I THINK that Offspring is the best band of the world.... time will tell

pd: sorry about my english :p
________
HONDA INSIGHT HISTORY (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Insight)

lisalisa
12-09-2004, 05:59 AM
Careful what you're calling old!!!

sgwt_greg
12-09-2004, 07:33 AM
Offspring will never die...NEVER!!!!