PDA

View Full Version : Science Homework... >.<

Mentally_Challenged
06-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Ok...I need help.

The topic is 'Reflexes', involving neurones and the reflex arc.

I need to know exactly what causes you to move your hand away from something hot (the sequence of events), involving (as I said), neurones and the reflex arc. Also, the stimulus and anything else which comes into the equation. Please...help...me...
._.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-14-2005, 02:24 PM
All I know is the reflex action doesn't travel to the brain, it just travels to the spinal chord and back to the hand/foot/whatever. Sorry, but that's all I can remember.

Preecey
06-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Stimulus recieved ---->sensory neorone---->synapes---->motor neurone--->effector muscle.

Mentally_Challenged
06-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Science sucks
Thats....nice....

TUNB: Thanks, that's a start =P Maybe by tomorrow i'll be there.... Woot...

Mentally_Challenged
06-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Stimulus recieved ---->sensory neorone---->synapes---->motor neurone--->effector muscle.

Excellent! That's what I was looking for =D

Preecey
06-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I've got a test on it sometime this week.

Mentally_Challenged
06-14-2005, 02:30 PM
I've got a test on it sometime this week.

Good luck with that... =P

Jack the Tripper
07-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Ok...I need help.

The topic is 'Reflexes', involving neurones and the reflex arc.

I need to know exactly what causes you to move your hand away from something hot (the sequence of events), involving (as I said), neurones and the reflex arc. Also, the stimulus and anything else which comes into the equation. Please...help...me...
._.
you have school in July? Jeeze, I thought I had it bad because my school didn't get out until May.

Noodles is gay
07-12-2005, 06:04 PM
heh you're still in school - I finished last wednesday :D

...shit reflexes - well don't ask me because my biology is really quite appalling :p in GCSE mock I put that muscles that work in pairs are 'diatomic' :rolleyes: oh dear....(curiously I still got the mark though).

tried here? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/biology/humansasorganisms/4nervoussystemrev4.shtml)