PDA

View Full Version : so i have 50 Gmail invites..

Gordie
06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
anyone want one?

coke_a_holic
06-14-2005, 04:53 PM
No! Don't! I don't want gmail to become hotmail2. The last thing I need is more traffic than the fucking beltway (a Washington DC joke no one will get) there. Don't hand out gmail invites.

Gordie
06-14-2005, 04:54 PM
No! Don't! I don't want gmail to become hotmail2. The last thing I need is more traffic than the fucking beltway (a Washington DC joke no one will get) there. Don't hand out gmail invites.

its more personal preference than anything, i honestly dont like hotmail, i dont know why, i just prefer to use gmail..

coke_a_holic
06-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Hotmail sucks because every person under the sun uses it. I just have it for MSN purposes. Gmail CAN NOT become hotmail. I will kill myself if I have to wait for another decent mail service.

Gordie
06-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Hotmail sucks because every person under the sun uses it. I just have it for MSN purposes. Gmail CAN NOT become hotmail. I will kill myself if I have to wait for another decent mail service.

you can use gmail in MSN, thats why i switched, actually, you can use any email for that matter in MSN

coke_a_holic
06-14-2005, 05:04 PM
You're joking! Argh! I'll do that now...

Gordie
06-14-2005, 05:06 PM
You're joking! Argh! I'll do that now...

http://www.passport.com

just follow the directions

Endymion
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
you do realize google has better resources than microsoft, a completely different configuration, and other advantages that prevent gmail from becoming anything like hotmail?

coke_a_holic
06-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah, but when 5,000 people are logging on to gmail at once, you're still going to get some traffic. I prefer to go to gmail and have it take only a few minutes to recieve/send mail.

Endymion
06-14-2005, 05:25 PM
a few minutes? you on dialup or something?

anyway, the bottleneck on hotmail isn't network bandwidth, it's recalling the data off the servers. windows blows huge penis when it comes to massive parallel processes involving hd rw. google uses home brewed clusters on customized bsd servers.