PDA

View Full Version : Spell Check

coke_a_holic
06-14-2005, 08:19 PM
I've been recently thinking, I think a Spell Checker would be ideal for this website. Sometimes people have trouble spelling correctly, maybe they're from another country. Even I sometimes am not sure if I spelled a word correctly. If we had a spell checker on this site, the people who don't know how certain words are spelled or if they used correct grammar in a sentence. Thank you for your time.

0r4ng3
06-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Even a translator would be cool, but that idea seems a bit far off.

Manic subsidal
06-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Sorry man, but there's nothing we can do to prevent the idiots here from using short hand talk. We just got to wait for them to grow up and realize how stupid it is to use short hand talk. For now, we're all doomed.

coke_a_holic
06-14-2005, 09:10 PM
There must be SOME way to suggest normal speaking... We can't just let these idiots talk as if they're on instant messanger. It's not THAT hard to take the time and use a few extra letters.

the_GoDdEsS
06-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Holy shit, no online translators. Some people already speak as if they were using one. Mechanical translation is the worst kind.

A spell checker would be nice for people who actually care about their spelling. And maybe the kids might even learn something.

Endymion
06-14-2005, 09:36 PM
get a browser or a plugin for your browser that does in line spell checking in text fields.

Yatesy
06-15-2005, 05:24 AM
A spell checker would seem a good idea but it won't stop people using 'fukwit' though. :-\

Marit
06-15-2005, 06:04 AM
A spell checker would be nice for people who actually care about their spelling.

I think that's where the real problem lies, most people couldn't care less if they tried.

Noodles is gay
06-15-2005, 12:17 PM
get a browser or a plugin for your browser that does in line spell checking in text fields.

They do that! :eek: Where?

Preecey
06-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Ha ha, thought'd you'd like it.

Endymion
06-15-2005, 12:47 PM
the full mozilla suite has had it built in for a couple years now. there are a few plugins for firefox to do it (spellbound.sourceforge.net). i've seen something like it for IE, but i don't know any links off the top of my head. i'd hope opera has it built in (they alway add in any good features!).

Kerr
06-16-2005, 04:25 AM
I've been recently thinking, I think a Spell Checker would be ideal for this website. Sometimes people have trouble spelling correctly, maybe they're from another country. Even I sometimes am not sure if I spelled a word correctly. If we had a spell checker on this site, the people who don't know how certain words are spelled or if they used correct grammar in a sentence. Thank you for your time.
That would come in handy a lot since I make loads of typos.

kickass0987654321
07-16-2005, 08:43 PM
sorry about that!!! one of those people was me. i wont do it again.

Kimhari
07-16-2005, 11:00 PM
i'm from argentina and my spelling is better than others whose mother language is english...

maybe it's mother tongue...

never said my grammar was good

coke_a_holic
07-16-2005, 11:02 PM
i'm from argentina and my spelling is better than others whose mother language is english...

maybe it's mother tongue...

never said my grammar was good
I must say, I agree.

Tizzalicious
07-17-2005, 01:12 AM

I think most of those people who suck at spelling are actually not not from another country. That's the sad thing. And most mistakes are made in words like "you're your their they're..."...shit like that. So a spell checker wouldn't really work there. But it'd still be a nice idea I think.

Where My Hoes At?
07-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Thats a terribly marvelous idea.