PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses

Kerr
06-15-2005, 04:42 AM
I got mine about an hour ago, and was taught how to put them in and take them out. God, it was a pain in the arse, but I could do it quite easily eventually. It does sting a bit though - my eyes must be starting to gett used to it. It was really hard putting them in at first. Does anyone else wear contacts?

RXP
06-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Yes, I have continous wear ones. You keep them in your eye for 30 days at a time and can sleep with them in. Awesome stuff.

Sin Studly
06-15-2005, 04:48 AM
(you're a gook and you're a paki)

Kerr
06-15-2005, 04:54 AM
Yes, I have continous wear ones. You keep them in your eye for 30 days at a time and can sleep with them in. Awesome stuff.
Nah, mine I have to take off for a ew hours - I can only wear 'em a few times a day. I still have my glasses for convenience. The continuous ones I didn't consider as I would need many checks and chance of infection is higher, so I got quarterly ones instead. It's really good that I can now see clearly without having to wear those damn glasses. I only considered them since I was told I'd have to wear glasses more often due to the level of shortsightedness, but I didn't want to as they are a pain sometimes, so I considered contacts. Now I can see clearly whenever I want (like at the gym ;) ).

Yatesy
06-15-2005, 04:55 AM
No I don't

killer_queen
06-15-2005, 05:14 AM
in fact i have to use contact lenses but i can't put anything in my eyes, last year i bought a pair of and just used them for 5 minutes, that's all.

RXP
06-15-2005, 05:25 AM
(you're a gook and you're a paki)

Surely you can find some term for an INDIAN. I'M NOT A PAKI! There's gotta be some cause we were around before the fuckin Paki's.

Sunny
06-15-2005, 05:37 AM
I wear light blue contact lenses, but not corrective ones.

And I can't take them fuckers out. It's so hard.

RXP
06-15-2005, 05:40 AM
Dude wearing contacts for cosmetic reasons alone is pretty silly cause of the risk of eye infection. But then again I guess it's a cosmetic reason I wear them too. But it's just a lot more practical too.

Sunny
06-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Eh, I wear them like once a month or even less often, because they're such a pain to take out. And I clean them super carefully.

Sin Studly
06-15-2005, 05:43 AM
Surely you can find some term for an INDIAN. I'M NOT A PAKI! There's gotta be some cause we were around before the fuckin Paki's.

I know paki is the predominant slur for Indians, and I know Indians hate Paki's. Why use anything else?

And you know I have Indian-specific slurs, you fucking cullymuncha.

RXP
06-15-2005, 05:51 AM
RXP - Not really especially if you just use the single use daily type ones. You won't get any infection. You only get infections if you don't clean them properly - duh.

The chance is less with daily disposables but cleaning has little to do with it since the very act of touching your eye can transfer infection.

RXP
06-15-2005, 06:32 AM
I merely said it's not a good idea to use contacts if you don't really need them because of the chance of infection. Of course that chance is low. I wear the ones that have the most likelihood of getting an infection with too (contious wear).

Izie
06-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Yup, got em. I use the ones you throw away after three months, but you have to take them out every night... Some of those solutions that they need to rest in irritate my eyes, so before I put the lenses in my eyes I rinse them with a NaCl solution (you can just get those at a pharmacy) and then it doesn't sting anymore!

It took me a while, but I can put them in and take them out without problems now, heh.

Random strange fact: sometimes I put my lense in my left eye, and it stings like a bitch, but then I take it out and put it in my other eye and it's fine :/ And the second lense goes well into the first eye. Fucked up explanation, but yeah... Strange business, those lenses :/

Another random fact: I found cheaper coloured lenses, so guess who's gonna (try to) change their eyecolour, HA!

Nina
06-15-2005, 06:50 AM
i want lenses because glasses look terrible on me, but i dont think i'll ever get them. my eyes are very sensitive, they get teary when i'm outside 80% of the time. blah.

Kerr
06-15-2005, 06:57 AM
i want lenses because glasses look terrible on me, but i dont think i'll ever get them. my eyes are very sensitive, they get teary when i'm outside 80% of the time. blah.
Mine are too. I am already gettin' used to it.

Noodles is gay
06-15-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm slightly myopic

Oh my god! 'Myopic' is also on the list! :eek: That's an awesome word.

Back on topic:

I'm rather short-sighted (by 'rather' I mean rather a lot, well recently anyway) but I think that contacts are pretty pointless - there's nothing wrong with wearing glasses (truth be told, I rarely wear mine) so there's really no need for contacts. Except for sport or something when glasses can be a total pain.

offspring kid
06-15-2005, 02:01 PM

dont you call people from pakistan like that I AM FROM PAKISTAN

Jhonny
06-15-2005, 02:09 PM
I do. Go me!

offspring kid
06-15-2005, 02:11 PM
I do. Go me!

what ???? go and learn english first

Jhonny
06-15-2005, 02:59 PM
what ???? go and learn english first

?
I could say the same thing to you as you clearly didnīt undertand "do you wear contact lenses?"-------"I do!"

and that wasnīt even hard to understand.

Go me!

nameless
06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
i use the disposable ones now and again, i normally just wear glasses though!

punkangel
06-15-2005, 04:44 PM
I don't wear contacts. But I have to wear glasses...Sometimes I just go without them. That's the fun part about being fear-sighted.