PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins

sKratch
06-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Holy crap, amazing movie. I'm gonna go pass out because I'm on 3 hours of non-consecutive, crappy sleep. More later.

Duracell
06-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Was it better than anything Jenna Jameson has done, Playa.

Dr. Hotdog
06-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Was it better than anything Jenna Jameson has done, Playa.

dude you really need to get a life

Duracell
06-15-2005, 11:31 PM
dude you really need to get a life

Don't be hatin just cuz you aint a pimp, playa.

Dr. Hotdog
06-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Don't be hatin just cuz you aint a pimp, playa.

bein a pimp isnt somethin to be proud of if you ask me... how old are you? really

Duracell
06-15-2005, 11:39 PM
bein a pimp isnt somethin to be proud of if you ask me... how old are you? really

Fifty Sic playa. I be pimpin fo foty of those years. Duracell does what playa's do.

Mannen som blev en gris
06-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Fifty Sic playa. I be pimpin fo foty of those years. Duracell does what playa's do.
http://www.nonsoloblog.com/upload/duracell.gif
I can understand pimpin aint easy with those looks.....

RXP
06-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Holy crap, amazing movie. I'm gonna go pass out because I'm on 3 hours of non-consecutive, crappy sleep. More later.

I didn't know it was out.

Vera
06-16-2005, 02:34 AM
In just the States, I'm guessing.

But yeah, I gotta go see that.

Punk_Conspiracy
06-16-2005, 02:39 AM
I just bludged the day to go see it with some mates and i toally agree. It was so much better then my expectations, and totally saved Batman after those shitty recent ones. Whoever the fuck thought they could cast George Clooney as Batman is a fucking idiot. But this new one is great, whoever the dude who played Batman was he was the best Batman so far!

offspring kid
06-16-2005, 03:15 AM
I just bludged the day to go see it with some mates and i toally agree. It was so much better then my expectations, and totally saved Batman after those shitty recent ones. Whoever the fuck thought they could cast George Clooney as Batman is a fucking idiot. But this new one is great, whoever the dude who played Batman was he was the best Batman so far!

i think its christian bale is who played batman in batman begins ( he was in region of fire ) and george clooney was'nt bad Batman forever and batman and robin were cool movies !

Vera
06-16-2005, 03:52 AM
They were pretty but storywise, they kind of sucked. Sorry.

Yatesy
06-16-2005, 04:25 AM
I'm un-sure about this film, I mean how bad was the last film! But then again it has recieved some good reviews but then again reviews can be way off the mark.

Nina
06-16-2005, 06:19 AM
gonna see it. thanks. :]

JohnnyNemesis
06-16-2005, 06:31 AM
Duracell is wishomie, I'm sure.

meaning_of_life
06-16-2005, 06:32 AM
makes me happy to hear its good! the last two were pretty embarrassing, and its such a shame because hes such an awesome character. fuck yeah!

JohnnyNemesis
06-16-2005, 06:34 AM
I've never really liked Batman or understood his appeal. Frankly, I've always found his character to be a bit uninteresting. Still, I'm sure I'm going to see this movie (everyone knows how easy it is to get sucked into blockbusters when you're with a group of friends), and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. I'm not a huge fan, but I've enjoyed Batman here and there, so I'll be open about it.

meaning_of_life
06-16-2005, 06:42 AM
his character appeals to me, unsure why though. i think its because hes a mystery, well sorta anyway. but im happy that the new movie takes a more serious direction, i hate it when these sorts of movies try to appeal to the "family" demographic.

sKratch
06-16-2005, 12:23 PM
I've never really liked Batman or understood his appeal. Frankly, I've always found his character to be a bit uninteresting. Still, I'm sure I'm going to see this movie (everyone knows how easy it is to get sucked into blockbusters when you're with a group of friends), and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. I'm not a huge fan, but I've enjoyed Batman here and there, so I'll be open about it.
This movie explores the meaning behind who Batman is and how he came about. I think you'll appreciate his character a lot more, even if you still don't like it, after this movie.
And whoever wasn't sure, yes, it's Christian Bale.
This movie made me realize that Batman is up there with Wolverine in my mind, as far as superheroes go (how can you not <3 wolverine). There are some similarities there...

Duracell
06-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Duracell is wishomie, I'm sure.

Why cause I like Jenna Jameson? I'm not him.

Fly White Guy
06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Didn't that Christian Bale guy drop a lot of weight for some role he was playing before the Batman role, and then gained it back freakin fast to play Batman?

sKratch
06-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Why cause I like Jenna Jameson? I'm not him.
Get the fuck out of my topic you clownboat.

I don't follow his weight, but it's quite possible.

Fly White Guy
06-16-2005, 02:17 PM
http://niklasonline.viabloga.com/images/the%20machinist.jpg

Thats the movie. He gets all scronny.

Amanda
06-16-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm definetly watching, though that might take a while.

nieh
06-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Batman Begins = good times.

Two minor beefs with the movie:

Beef #1: I expected Christian Bale to do a better job than he did. His acting as Bruce Wayne (at least in the first half of the movie) was not all that great, especially his voice. Also, his voice as Batman made me kinda giggle when I first heard it.

Beef #2: Katie Holmes.

JohnnyNemesis
06-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Beef #2: Katie Holmes.

Katie Holmes' existence has always been a major beef for me.

Fly White Guy
06-16-2005, 09:20 PM
I just watched to movie, and it was amazing. I think out of the Batman series this is definitaly my favorite.

Except, on the part where the girl asks "Before you go, tell me who you are." or whatever, and Batman says "What happens blah blah blah, determines what you do." or something like that, he should of just said "I'm BATMAN!"

sKratch
06-17-2005, 01:10 AM
I would stick my beef in her.
In any case, I think she did a good job in the movie. Good enough, at least, to keep me from thinking "wtf, where's dawson?" Plus her nipples were gratuitously hard, which was cool with me.

RXP
06-17-2005, 01:30 AM

If she were shorter she'd be so cute.

sKratch
06-17-2005, 12:35 PM
And closer to every man's penis, unless they're monsterously tall.

Linda
06-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Saw it today...great movie!

Mechanical Drugs
06-19-2005, 12:29 AM
I saw it Wednesday with my brother and dad. It was awesome.

Mota Boy
06-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Saw it tonight and it fucking rocked. I didn't actually talk to my friends about it until a good while after the movie because there was a girl sitting ahead of us with some utterly spectacular breasts that dominated conversation for a while, then we went to a bar with someone who hadn't seen the movie.

But we all agreed that it was awesome. The voice was... there could've been a better choice... but it wasn't enough to get in the way of the movie. The atmosphere was just perfect, though. No problem at all with Katie Holmes. I'll almost certainly buy it when it comes out on DVD. In fact, the only way my friends and I agreed the experience would've been better is if that girl and her magnificent chest had made an appearance.

Mechanical Drugs
06-19-2005, 01:37 AM
Is sex all you think about? lol

Punk_Conspiracy
06-19-2005, 01:57 AM
And closer to every man's penis, unless they're monsterously tall.

how can you not love this guy?

Skip91
06-19-2005, 02:29 AM
dude are you a satanist?

Vera
06-19-2005, 06:01 AM
I wanna see it so bad. Damnit. It only opens in July in here. :[

Katie Holmes is a no-no. Especially now that she's dating Tom Cruise.

Izie
06-19-2005, 06:11 AM
I'mma see it tomorrow!

It got a ridiculously high mark on imdb, it has to be good.

And I don't like Katie Holmes either.

Vera
06-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Finnish premiere 7/15. Aaaaaarse.

sKratch
06-19-2005, 08:49 AM
I'mma see it tomorrow!

It got a ridiculously high mark on imdb, it has to be good.

And I don't like Katie Holmes either.
Yeah, is it still hanging out around 8.7 or what not? Ridiculously high for imdb.

And Vera - It's proof that the world hates Finland.

Vera
06-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Dude, world DOES hate Finland.

I can give you thousands of examples of films I've either downloaded myself or leeched from a friend or made a friend leech for me because the Finland premiere is a month or two or just WAY too late in general. Sometimes I can bother waiting because I don't hear much hype about the film but there are some films I just can't wait to see.

Last year it was the bitching Harry Potter movie and Saved (was out on DVD in the US before it even premiered in here) and Coffee&Cigarettes (nearly a reasonable two years late!), this year it's Batman and Sin City (it's been out for, what, 4 months in the US? It's still not out in here.) and Hitchhiker's Guide (gladly I managed to convince RXP to download & send for me, which he did & it should be here next week).

I'm SO sick of it.

I wish all movies were Matrixes and LoTRs or Spider-Mans - they don't DARE release those on anything but time.

RXP
06-19-2005, 09:02 AM
"convince" meant sending me pics of her breasts. No joke.

(they were behind a bra tho :-( )

Vera
06-19-2005, 09:05 AM
*eyes boobies*

Naw, that wouldn't have convinced you.

RXP
06-19-2005, 09:11 AM
awww!

That provoked the same feeling as that thing I sent you last night my house mate wrote on his faceparty profile.

Izie
06-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Belgium gets early releases if they're digital, apparently.

And Skratch, it's 8.6 now, but that's still a LOT.

Vera
06-19-2005, 09:31 AM
That IS nuts. 8.6 in the IMDb Top 250 is the likes of The Usual Suspects, Memento and City of God (that Brazilian movie). Of course, this movie isn't up there yet but I have a feeling it might be, in a year or so.

sKratch
06-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah, you can't be sure what the rating will be once the movie is out for a substantial amount of time.

One thing I just realized that is missing: Elitists complaining about the faults of the movie. Movies based on comics ALWAYS suffer from this, but I haven't heard much yet...

nieh
06-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Yeah, you can't be sure what the rating will be once the movie is out for a substantial amount of time.

One thing I just realized that is missing: Elitists complaining about the faults of the movie. Movies based on comics ALWAYS suffer from this, but I haven't heard much yet...

They pronounced Ra's Al Ghul's name "Roz" instead of "Rayshe"

Vera
06-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Batman pretty much has two "comic canons". One is the original, the other one is the darker version of the B&W comics that deals more about the superhero's past and psyche.

Burton took a look at the hero presented in the B&W comics but he didn't delve in it like I hear this new movie does. Schumacher didn't even touch it - probably why people didn't like his Batman movies.

By "original" I mean the sort of Batman that started in appearing in Detective Comics in 1939, and by Black&White I of course mean these: http://www.thecanonball.com/2_comicbooks/BatmanBlack&White_Signed.jpg

Anyway, I think fans like the B&W world so much they're just glad someone's really looking into it and making a film that focuses a lot on the psychology of the hero. That's why there might be so little nitpicker elitists right now.

0r4ng3
06-19-2005, 08:55 PM
I just saw the movie. I liked it a lot, more than all the other movies.

sKratch
06-19-2005, 11:01 PM
They pronounced Ra's Al Ghul's name "Roz" instead of "Rayshe"
I remember it being pronounced "Roz" in the old cartoons...

Skip91
06-20-2005, 01:53 AM
I just saw the movie. I liked it a lot, more than all the other movies.
yeah dude me too