PDA

View Full Version : Sports forum?

JohnnyNemesis
06-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Every single forum I've ever been on, no matter what the focal point or the main subject matter is, has always had a Sports section. Politics forums, Video Game forums, Simpsons, Pro-Wrestling, Creative Writing, all of these places always had a Sports section just for the heck of it.

I'm just wondering if it's ever been considered here, and if not, I'm hereby suggesting it. It'd be fun, I think.

Admins and BBSers, do you think it's a good idea?

JohnnyNemesis
06-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Yeah, I knew you'd be down; it'd be good to trash your teams consistently!

I could talk about the Brewers winning the world series

Dude, I said "Sports Forum", not "Fan Fiction"!

dirty_magic
06-16-2005, 08:29 AM
the red sox will win the world series again!

ruroken
06-16-2005, 08:30 AM
incuboard, the first forum I went to, doesn't.

wheelchairman
06-16-2005, 09:12 AM
I've never been to a forum, political, musical, cultural, that had a sports section. Johnny, you are the ultimate marketeer. You're cold Johnny, cold!

There's also something very charming about saying things with 'Johnny' in them. Okay, I'm putting down the lambrusco.

dirty_magic
06-16-2005, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. As long as the yankees don't win the world series.

i like your style and way of thinking!

original_prankster
06-16-2005, 12:11 PM
I honestly don't care because I hate all sports. They bore me. Especially Nascar. Ew.

JohnnyNemesis
06-16-2005, 12:18 PM
I've never been to a forum, political, musical, cultural, that had a sports section. Johnny, you are the ultimate marketeer. You're cold Johnny, cold!

There's also something very charming about saying things with 'Johnny' in them. Okay, I'm putting down the lambrusco.

Dude, I swear I'm being sincere! All the forums I've been on have Sports sections! But yes, I'm a cold marketeer anyway.

The name "Johnny" is indeed charming. I think almost any cool enough word following the name Johnny melts hearts.

coke_a_holic
06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I think the biggest one missing that you mentioned is creative writing. I've seen it on a lot of forums, and this is an actual MUSIC website that doesn't have it. I would love to see what poems, etc. people come up with, seeing as how I enjoy writing when I feel inspired. The admin better look at this whole forum, it's got so many great ideas waiting to come to life.

Not Ozymandias
06-16-2005, 10:16 PM
It's not necessary, just start/post in a sports thread in General Chat when you have something to say.

Not Ozymandias
06-16-2005, 10:17 PM
I think it would be a good idea. Cuming from an avid sports fan, I could talk about the Brewers winning the world series and The Broncos winning the superbowl.
The Donkos can't even beat the fucking COLTS, they're useless.

coke_a_holic
06-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Only a handful actually deserve the right to creative self expression. Remember the thread with the gothic poetry? Picture a whole forum like that. I'm shuddering.
Well, that's the only problem. I mean, if people are just going to be asses about it, then they should probably steer clear of that forum. Although, I can imagine what amazingly hilarious conversations would turn up...

Conspiracy of One
08-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I'd like a sports forum here. No matter where you are you have sports. Be it soccer, Football, whatever.

wheelchairman
08-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I drank Lambrusco? What the fuck is lambrusco?

pretty fly 88
08-21-2005, 10:48 PM
I think a sports forum would be a great idea. Because whenever my mind isn't on music or romance, it's usually on sports. There is an official NFL thread and a baseball thread in the General Chat forum, but those threads tend to temporarily disappear, so I would really like a sports forum. And I could talk about soccer on a sports forum. D.C. United will win their 5th championship this year!

Brines
08-22-2005, 07:05 AM
A forum dedicated to chav-bashing would probably get much more use. And plus, that way, we could keep the fucking Brits out of our posts.

Not Ozymandias
09-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Not really. If you want to discuss something that doesn't already have a thread just start one in General Chat. We don't need a Movies forum to discuss movies.

Sin Studly
09-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Let's make a forum for every subject we can possibly think up, like the smashitup forums. Then we can be almost as good as them (except for morons like Sin Studly and TheUnholyNightbringer being mean to us here).

Mota Boy
09-03-2005, 02:07 AM
This is not necessarily a bad idea. It is, however, not an idea that is worth following through, and no matter how many times you do it, bumping this thread will not change that fact.

Not Ozymandias
09-03-2005, 06:41 PM
In that case why don't we just compress Other Bands into GC? And Politics too?
Other Bands makes perfect sense though, this is a forum devoted to music above all else.
I would support doing away with Politics.