PDA

View Full Version : Get my results today

RXP
06-17-2005, 01:37 AM
I had a dream this morning about them. I opened up the envelope (whicih was a jiffy bag for some reason) and my transcript read:

1st Class

So I was happy. Then I read the comments and my profs/lecturers wrote

"I look foward to reading your books one day"
"You're a genuis"

but then I woke up and realised it was but a dream. I get them in 1 hour. Getting scared.

Hoping to get a high 2:1 so I can push it up to a first next year with my amazing essay writing skills.

lost_nvrfound
06-17-2005, 01:41 AM
good luck!

_ߥ_vil_
06-17-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm sure you'll of done well....I don't get my exam results till August the 15th...Grrr.....

lost_nvrfound
06-17-2005, 01:47 AM
i've gotten mine... all As. by the look of my marks, you'd think that i pay attention in class, wouldn't you?

RXP
06-17-2005, 01:54 AM
No not really. It depends what level they were at. I got all As all the time at school. But school was piss easy.

Vicky
06-17-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm sure you'll of done well....I don't get my exam results till August the 15th...Grrr.....

you get them on the 25th.. A level students get theirs the week before GCSE, and I get mine on the 18th, so yeh.

Kerr
06-17-2005, 03:12 AM
Hope your results are good, RXP.

Shit, contacts are fucking stinging my eyes.

Chris
06-17-2005, 04:18 AM
you sure get your results early - still being drip-fed mine here over the course of the next two weeks although should average a 2:1 (and then get my act together next year and aim for a first)

Sin Studly
06-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Weird, I dreamt I was on Big Brother and had sex with Susan Sarandon on national TV.

RXP
06-17-2005, 05:57 AM
Incase anyone cares, I got a 2:2. I'm not quite sure how. I will have to see my module leaders to figure out what went wrong cause I knew everything so must have been exam technique. But I dunno.

Tizzalicious
06-17-2005, 06:26 AM
Incase anyone cares, I got a 2:2. I'm not quite sure how. I will have to see my module leaders to figure out what went wrong cause I knew everything so must have been exam technique. But I dunno.

What does that mean?

livingdeadgirl
06-17-2005, 06:28 AM
^ i go with tizz. wot does that mean?

RXP
06-17-2005, 06:29 AM
You didn't do too good?

Na it's not good. A degree is only worthy if you get over a 2:2. I got 55 overall. So I can push it up to a 2:1. But I was hoping to get a first. I just have no idea what went wrong with my essays. They were amazingly well researched, detailed, written the best I've written ever. Yet I only got 62,64 and 63 in them. I should have gotten 70s.

Last year I did an essay at het last min and got a 68. It makes no sense. I'm not bullshitting when I say this but I know more about Marxist jurisprudence then the profs. Yet they mark me so low. My arguments were tight, extremely tight.

I'm also kinda jealous cause a friend of mine who literally done no work got higher than me. She sits on her ass all day, does nothing, doesn't have a job or anything and gets better marks.

Ah well, such is life.

BUt my ego has been pretty heavily struck. I can't wait to see the modlue leaders to find out what was 'wrong' with my essays. It has to be technique cause the factual infromation in there is extremely dense.

livingdeadgirl
06-17-2005, 06:30 AM
ouch.... sorry to hear it mate.

RXP
06-17-2005, 06:34 AM
It's stupid. In my first essay I used like 2 books. It was CRAP. The structure was awful. Betty (who posts here) read thru it and made many corrections. Nonetheless, the factual infromation was good.

My second essay was structured FAR better. Researched FAR better, more sources, more references. Yet I got the same mark for both essays. It really makes little sense. But I gotta let it go. Just work harder next year and work on my exam technique which I've never ever done in my life.

livingdeadgirl
06-17-2005, 06:36 AM
thats kinda twisted. actually thats majorly twisted. really am sorry.
but you know what to do for next year. :D

RXP
06-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Yeah just work harder. BUt I really do think it must have been harshly marked.

Even stupider is I went over the word limit by a few hundred words (ALOT) in another essay. YOu are meant to be knocked down 5 marks for going over the word limit. Yet they didn't knock out any marks. I mean wtf.

livingdeadgirl
06-17-2005, 06:43 AM
.................................................. ..... :confused:

RXP
06-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Were your essays controversial? If your bum-friend rattled off some piece of unchallenging hack, she may have pleased your profs better.

No no. SHe did better in the exams. She got like 68 in the highest credit module. I worked my ass off all year and got like 55! But then again I didn't really go about it in the right way. Nor did she tho. AH well, gotta give props to her. She did the same shit last year.

And yeah, my essay was controversial. It basically rekindled the notion that judges legislate in the majoritiy of decided appealte cases. But apparently your conclusion has nothing to do with the mark. It doesn't matter if htey think it wrong. But I'll bring that up, thanks Maria.

I'm nerve-frayed, sleep-deprived, white-knuckled, I've no idea how I fared but my best girl mate is only 750 out of 1190 in a freaking low-standard school I didn't sit it bodes ill, very ill, for the high-flown ones.

Yeah but if you are in a better school, you are smarter and will thus do better.

livingdeadgirl
06-17-2005, 06:46 AM
once again......................................... :confused:

RXP
06-17-2005, 06:48 AM
I think she's saying her friend is in a lower standard school than her and she did poorly. She's in a high flying school so it will be harder. Maybe she thinks her and her friend are on the same intellectual level so it doesn't bode well for her.

You kinda do have to read things over and over with Maria's posts, they are rather cryptic. But she's actually amazingly sensical once you get by the flowery strings.

livingdeadgirl
06-17-2005, 06:49 AM
oh ok.... thanks. and will have to remember that! :D

RXP
06-17-2005, 07:03 AM
I'm in the second year going into my third. I'm not resitting cause as I said it's not bad bad but for someone of my calibare it's bad. I can't even retake any modules cause you have to fail to retake. I just wanted to do the essays again for piece of mind. I dont' care if they count.

But yeah I'm thinking they mark bull shit. My friend just got off the phone with her again said she did nothing for the second essay and read like two chapters and got 61! One mark off me! There is NO WAY IN HELL. She knew anything about the subject compared to my essay, even she goes wtf that's not right.

What course you doing Maria, and what year?

Chris
06-17-2005, 09:29 AM
oh I've almost got all my results back now, so far averaging at 65 so that shall suffice for now - and I guess rxp that you're probably right in thinking its maybe your exam technique, maybe the structure or flow of it? I wouldn't know but luckily have been through a few years of practice myself as emphasis was laid on it while at college