PDA

View Full Version : Which band do u think is better than Offspring?

Billy Joe(Thomas)
11-09-2004, 02:45 PM
I think there is nobody who can beat them...There are a lot of bands which I listen to like greenday and nirvana but Offspring is the best.

Chukk
11-09-2004, 03:15 PM
I think offspring is probably the best punk band. But thats punk, I mean it depends on what your looking for. If your more into metal or classic rock, like me, my opinion would probably be that say Metallica or say Led Zepplin is better than the offspring. But don't get me wrong, Offspring is one of the best. and THE best punk band.

FoodForThought
11-09-2004, 04:21 PM
did you just say in another thread that they should stop making albums?

Chukk
11-09-2004, 04:34 PM
as a matter of fact, i did

FoodForThought
11-09-2004, 04:45 PM
so how can they bet the best punk band and your favortie if you think it all sucks after smash?

metallica_colombia
11-09-2004, 04:50 PM
I think offspring is probably the best punk band. But thats punk, I mean it depends on what your looking for. If your more into metal or classic rock, like me, my opinion would probably be that say Metallica or say Led Zepplin is better than the offspring. But don't get me wrong, Offspring is one of the best. and THE best punk band.

My Thoughts exactly

Venezuelan_Nightmare
11-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I think there is nobody who can beat them...There are a lot of bands which I listen to like greenday and nirvana but Offspring is the best.
if you say that offspring is the best why you don`t change your question??.
Maybe your question is very, ultra, hyper wrong...!!
So , dear friend you must keep something in your mind offspring is just simply the best of the best don`t try to ask that cuz u will be hurt lol.

Dexterina
11-09-2004, 11:46 PM
No other band could ever beat Offspring in my opinion. EVER

lousyskater
11-10-2004, 05:49 AM
they're not punk any more. they left punk status after Smash.

bands i think that are better than them? probably Pennywise and Bad Religion.
________
Bong Reviews (http://glassbongs.org/)

fairy call
11-10-2004, 05:50 AM
i like a lot of bands more than the offspring: the cure, rancid, distillers, and quite a few other ones, but im not gonna list them all here

IdleOffspring
11-10-2004, 06:14 AM
Offspring>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Other bands

fairy call
11-10-2004, 06:24 AM
you screwed up my screen, thanks a lot

IdleOffspring
11-10-2004, 06:25 AM
you screwed up my screen, thanks a lot

ok this better :D

fairy call
11-10-2004, 06:29 AM
yeah, thanks

Venezuelan_Nightmare
11-10-2004, 02:49 PM
The Cure ?? what The Fuck??? jeez that is shit really shit is a sick man singing fucking shit`s songs:S
Offspring ruless!!!!!

erickdav
11-10-2004, 02:58 PM
in punk bans or anything punk the offspring rules and nobody can said nothing abaut it...in alternative rock lostprophetesare the best...in Jazzz DAV SAMUEL...in indultrial..NIN

smileemptysoul44
11-10-2004, 05:44 PM
smile empty soul, three days grace, nirvana. Offspring is still my fav band and they r way better then greenday!!!

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 06:02 PM
pink floyd

led zeppellin

queen... oldies are ussualy better

Redman
11-10-2004, 06:32 PM
There's plenty of bands better than The Offspring.

sphinxdaking
11-11-2004, 10:36 AM
I like offspring alot, but papa roach is my favorite band, check them out please, here is a good link. Pretty funny too =) bandbuilder.com/scars/ (http://eemovement.com/CDA5240F87574D8387EBDE8FEC733210/tracklink.asp?guid=4A7E579CC4EA44E9A02A9D51B20930A 0) ;)

fairy call
11-11-2004, 10:44 AM
The Cure ?? what The Fuck??? jeez that is shit really shit is a sick man singing fucking shit`s songs:S
Offspring ruless!!!!!

geez, calm down, no need to say the word "shit" that much! And why is he a sick man?
Oh well, I really love his music, and I think robert smiths songwriting is brilliant

oh and I don't think you can call them complete crap, cause they're still around after 26 years, and a lot of people like them. But some people like them, some dont, I don't really care

MirandaV
11-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Offspring is heaven to me, no other band above that

Anti-flag
11-11-2004, 01:10 PM
they're not punk any more. they left punk status after Smash.

So true. Don't get me wrong, I still like them but they are sell outs. My favorite bands are: rise against, Flogging Molly, The Bronx, NOFX, Anti-flag,Only crime, propaghandi, I against I, Against me, No use for a name, ....

-Juan Pablo-
11-11-2004, 04:16 PM
i really like offspring, lagwagon and milencollin

punkangel
11-11-2004, 04:26 PM
None what so ever! Maybe Authority Zero... ;)

moskito
11-12-2004, 07:40 AM
i like offspring alot but i tink milencolin,goldfinger,misifits too

MirandaV
11-12-2004, 10:30 AM
offspring is the best you arsefuckers

Tiago M.C.
11-12-2004, 11:32 AM
I think there's nobody who can beat The Offspring... some people says Offspring is just another "punk-pop" band... they say it because they're fucking stuped... and they listened to 3 Offspring's songs and they says it's a shit... and says the Offspring will never be a punk-rock band... but they say it because they don't know what realy is Offspring... you don't just to listening to Offspring... you "fell" The Offspring... it's a realy special band..

killboybowerhead
11-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Offspring write songs that are true to themselves... there isnt anything else more punk than that... they are my fav.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
11-12-2004, 01:49 PM
i really like offspring, lagwagon and milencollin
so great i like to much millencolinm i have all disc`s and lagwagoon is really cool betterness is the best millencolin is like the offspring to me (a really cool band im a fan)

acgc2002
11-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Oh my friend, unfortunately no one can beat them up, because the offspring is my very favorite band. ;)

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
11-12-2004, 06:30 PM
First of all, let me just say that a lot of you need to grow up.
Seriously, music isn't about how "punk" something is. It isn't about how "cool" or "underground" you are by listening to some bullshit emocore band nobody's ever heard of.

Music is about music, plain and simple, and people who judge it by how punk it is need to get their heads out of their asses. Punk these days means nothing. If we're talking musically, The Offspring are a punk band since they comform to punk standards (three or four barr chord riffs, up-tempo rythm section and fairly basic melodies and song structures). But that's a really pointless discussion.

Now, another thing. There is a world of difference between a band being the best and a band being your favorite. Offspring is one of my favorite bands because they're the band that I grew up with, the first band I got obsessed over, and the first real records I bought. I do not, however, think The Offspring is the best band around. That would be a really stupid thing for me to say.

Technically speaking, there are a MILLION bands that are better than Offspring and that's something ANYBODY who knows ANYTHING about music can tell you. In the punk scene, a band like Bad Religion has lasted for ages doing great music with lyrics that would go way over Dexter's head and a tighter sense of melody and harmonies. Strung Out is probably the most talented punk band around these days, with guitarists that could walk all over Noodles and a drummer who'd 8-bar the fuck out of both Atom and Ron.

In the world of metal and prog? I could go for ages. Tool, Dream Theater, Maiden, Angra, Judas Priest, Rhapsody...

Even in the pop world, a band like THE CURE (yes, The Cure) has been around for almost 30 years making all kinds of music (pop, disco, rock, punk, indie, shoegaze, even some metal) in the course of 13 studio albums, all of which (except maybe the first 3) have been produced with a higher level of skill and musical knowledge than any Offspring record.

We have established now that there are a million bands out there that are better than The Offspring.

But do I LIKE them better?
No.

The Offspring will always hold a special place in my heart, their songs bring back fond memories and I do believe there are a few punk gems in there. They are my favorite band, but I realize that there are many bands out there that are actually better. And those of you who actually think The Offspring is the best band around these days, open your fucking eyes, educate yourselves and learn that there is much MUCH better music out there than a silly 4-chord punk band from California that plays silly 4-chord punk songs.

(I still love those silly 4-chord punk songs, though).

-JF

too_close_to_see
11-13-2004, 05:46 AM
I like alot of bands more than the Offspring, so obviously i think alot of bands are better.

fairy call
11-13-2004, 06:27 AM
Even in the pop world, a band like THE CURE (yes, The Cure) has been around for almost 30 years making all kinds of music (pop, disco, rock, punk, indie, shoegaze, even some metal) in the course of 13 studio albums, all of which (except maybe the first 3) have been produced with a higher level of skill and musical knowledge than any Offspring record.

<3
but I do like them better than offspring though
oh yeah, thanks for making sense, we need that every now and than here

bouncingcoles
11-13-2004, 07:20 AM
however, think The Offspring is the best band around. That would be a really stupid thing for me to say.

1. thats an opinion. obviosly there not classic like the cure or anything. but you cant just say there are a bunch of bands better then offspring. because thats what you think. but if someone was convinced that offsprng where the best band ever created, that just wouldnt be the truth. but if they say it in there opinion, there is nothing wrong with it.

Technically speaking, there are a MILLION bands that are better than Offspring and that's something ANYBODY who knows ANYTHING about music can tell you. [B]Strung Out is probably the most talented punk band around these days, with guitarists that could walk all over Noodles and a drummer who'd 8-bar the fuck out of both Atom and Ron

2. see, the thing about music that you dont understand is that its not how complicated your fucking music is, its how you use it. many people seem to not understand that. Offspring are incredible musicians. you cant play 20 years and not be great. what they play on the records doesnt mean a damn thing about how good they are on guitar or drums or whatever. if noodles and dexter wanted to on the records they could play some sick fucking solos like crazy, but they dont. you cant just say the guitarest from strung out is better then noodles or dexter just because of what they play on the records.

but I realize that there are many bands out there that are actually better. And those of you who actually think The Offspring is the best band around these days, open your fucking eyes,

3. once again, it is an opinion, i do agree then people should open there eyes a bit if they really think offspring are the best band, but i listen to tons and tons of different bands but i still think offspring are one of the best bands the past 10 years.

but otherwise i see where you are coming from. not hard feelings.
-JF[/QUOTE]

fairy call
11-13-2004, 07:28 AM
but I realize that there are many bands out there that are actually better. And those of you who actually think The Offspring is the best band around these days, open your fucking eyes,

3. once again, it is an opinion, i do agree then people should open there eyes a bit if they really think offspring are the best band, but i listen to tons and tons of different bands but i still think offspring are one of the best bands the past 10 years.

I think he means technically (sp?) you know, I don't think offspring has the best singer/guitarist/bassist/drummer in the world, again, technically speaking
but sure, they can be the ones you like best

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
11-13-2004, 08:09 AM
2. see, the thing about music that you dont understand is that its not how complicated your fucking music is, its how you use it. many people seem to not understand that. Offspring are incredible musicians. you cant play 20 years and not be great. what they play on the records doesnt mean a damn thing about how good they are on guitar or drums or whatever. if noodles and dexter wanted to on the records they could play some sick fucking solos like crazy, but they dont. you cant just say the guitarest from strung out is better then noodles or dexter just because of what they play on the records.
-----------------------------------------------

Uh, ok. It's not only about the solos. Noodles did a few good filler-solos in the first album. But, of course, that first album was a total TSOL ripoff.

Speaking from a purely TECHNICAL viewpoint (and hence backing away from any notion of an opinion), The Offspring's songs are child's play. Their song structure has comformed to the same standard routine for the better part of their career. Their riffs are ridiculously simple, and in the songs they display absolutely no notion of ambition. Especially in Splinter. It's like they've realized that their place in the world is that of a simple punk rock band and they've just stopped caring.

I can't say that the guitarists from Strung Out are better than Noodles just because of what they play on the records? Shit yeah. I can say that. Your arguement would make a little more sense if the fact that they're just not very good wasn't comfirmed by Noodles HIMSELF. Many times he has expressed the fact that he just doesn't consider himself to be on the level of the metal crowd (and Noodles is a huge metal fan), and if you've seen the band live, you know Noodles tends to be a bit sloppy.

There is absolutely no doubt that TECHNICALLY, in skill and innovation, The Offspring are just not that good. They do have some good melodies, and a good ear for driving punk attacks, but that's it.

That is why I established the difference between being the best and liking them the best. The Ramones are one of my favorite bands ever. They weren't the best band around. But I love them. It's the same as with The Offspring.

Except The Offspring don't have the redeeming quality of having kick-started a revolution, but oh well.

the_nephilim
12-10-2004, 11:38 AM
geez, calm down, no need to say the word "shit" that much! And why is he a sick man?
Oh well, I really love his music, and I think robert smiths songwriting is brilliant

oh and I don't think you can call them complete crap, cause they're still around after 26 years, and a lot of people like them. But some people like them, some dont, I don't really care

I completely agree with you!!! and if the cure never existed a lot of bands you like today wouldn't even be born.

number70
12-10-2004, 11:40 AM
nonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenoneno nenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenone nonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenoneno nenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenone nonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenoneno nenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenone nonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenoneno nenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenonenononenoneno ne...sorry about being annoying...

saska de o...
12-10-2004, 11:42 AM
nie ma takiej bandy :/ eee... anyone :)

the_nephilim
12-10-2004, 11:43 AM
i like offspring alot but i tink milencolin,goldfinger,misifits too

I think Misfits are the best band ever!
Of course The Offspring is a very great band, after all they brought me into the punk world and i thank them every day of my life for that! and if it wasn't for the offspring i would never have heard of bands like the Misfits or any other...

saska de o...
12-10-2004, 11:45 AM
aha, kul.... but its ur opinion :)

the_nephilim
12-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Seriously, music isn't about how "punk" something is. It isn't about how "cool" or "underground" you are by listening to some bullshit emocore band nobody's ever heard of.

Music is about music, plain and simple, and people who judge it by how punk it is need to get their heads out of their asses. Punk these days means nothing. If we're talking musically, The Offspring are a punk band since they comform to punk standards (three or four barr chord riffs, up-tempo rythm section and fairly basic melodies and song structures). But that's a really pointless discussion.

Now, another thing. There is a world of difference between a band being the best and a band being your favorite. Offspring is one of my favorite bands because they're the band that I grew up with, the first band I got obsessed over, and the first real records I bought. I do not, however, think The Offspring is the best band around. That would be a really stupid thing for me to say.

Technically speaking, there are a MILLION bands that are better than Offspring and that's something ANYBODY who knows ANYTHING about music can tell you. In the punk scene, a band like Bad Religion has lasted for ages doing great music with lyrics that would go way over Dexter's head and a tighter sense of melody and harmonies. Strung Out is probably the most talented punk band around these days, with guitarists that could walk all over Noodles and a drummer who'd 8-bar the fuck out of both Atom and Ron.

In the world of metal and prog? I could go for ages. Tool, Dream Theater, Maiden, Angra, Judas Priest, Rhapsody...

We have established now that there are a million bands out there that are better than The Offspring.

No.

The Offspring will always hold a special place in my heart, their songs bring back fond memories and I do believe there are a few punk gems in there. They are my favorite band, but I realize that there are many bands out there that are actually better. And those of you who actually think The Offspring is the best band around these days, open your fucking eyes, educate yourselves and learn that there is much MUCH better music out there than a silly 4-chord punk band from California that plays silly 4-chord punk songs.

-JF
You have said it all!!

Camilamazed
12-10-2004, 12:57 PM
I just wanna say that I DO NOT CONSIDER ANY BAND BETTER THAN OTHER..I just think that every band has its own style and we should respect that instead of comparing them.As one of the guys said , some bands are special for us and they have a place in our hearts.I also think that comparing bands we kind insult people who like the band we may be talking about.Greenday and Offspring are really important to me because they were bands I grew up with too....... I have never compared bands.I just think they are special for some reason.......

Skate Rat 19
12-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Ya know your right the offspring is awsome. But the way I see it is different. To me the Rock kings of the 90's and today are SUM 41, Green Day, and of course, The Offspring.

Naz
12-10-2004, 01:50 PM
I LOVE the Cure, theyve inspired so many bands.

Green Day, Blink 182 and Papa Roach are my top 3 bands :)

offspringbaby2004
12-10-2004, 02:44 PM
No band is better than The Offspring! Offspring are #1
:D
~mandy~

offspring22
12-10-2004, 02:58 PM
The Cur Sux So Bad

RonWelty
12-10-2004, 03:01 PM
none of couse :! are u insulting me ? :P

RonWelty
12-10-2004, 03:04 PM

No.

-JF
u have to be gay or something like that ...stupid bitch ... do u think they do silly 4 chord songs ...fuck u stupid ass hole ..u should like that stupid complexe songs that don +t have any hook , no feelings ..u know why? cuz u are gay .u don +t have feelings u just want some cock in your ass ..

acgc2002
12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
none, because the offspring is my very favorite band!!!

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
12-10-2004, 03:22 PM
u have to be gay or something like that ...stupid bitch ... do u think they do silly 4 chord songs ...fuck u stupid ass hole ..u should like that stupid complexe songs that don +t have any hook , no feelings ..u know why? cuz u are gay .u don +t have feelings u just want some cock in your ass ..

Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.

RonWelty
12-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.
if u don +t like the offspring GO AWAY ..dont mess up the others ... this is a offspring not a "against-offspring-because-they play bad.com/forum ..." i hate all the fuckers like u !

u probably never went to an offspring show ..and u love americana ..that+s my beT ! oh yeah , and u read a lot of music zines to know that bands ... and britney? do u love her?

Camilamazed
12-10-2004, 04:33 PM
I LOVE the Cure, theyve inspired so many bands.

Green Day, Blink 182 and Papa Roach are my top 3 bands :)

I also think The Cure is a great band. Do you also like Smiths ,Mission and Sisters of Mercy?

killboybowerhead
12-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Whoever said that Strung Out is better than offspring is a retard... they are so sparatic its tought to understand them... and they arent that good.. they need a new drummer

Mr. Noodles
12-10-2004, 09:25 PM
No ones better than The Offspring!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE IS ANY FUCKING BETTER THAN THEM!!!!!!!!!

Name one band better than The Offspring!!!!!!!

I Dare you!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mr. Noodles
12-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey, Ron Welty:
I just saw your response to the jackass who wrote this thread and I believe you!!!!!

No one's better than the Offspring!!!!!!!!!!!

code_blue
12-10-2004, 11:11 PM
if u don +t like the offspring GO AWAY ..dont mess up the others ... this is a offspring not a "against-offspring-because-they play bad.com/forum ..." i hate all the fuckers like u !

u probably never went to an offspring show ..and u love americana ..that+s my beT ! oh yeah , and u read a lot of music zines to know that bands ... and britney? do u love her?

did you even understand what he was trying to say? jesus christ, calm down and shut the FUCK up.

anyway, if i had to choose a band who i think are better than the offspring in some way, i'd have to say bad religion, as clams did. bad religion and the offspring are an easy comparison; they're around the same age (most bandmembers being in their late 30s/early 40s) and have been around basically the same amount of time (bad religion formed around '80, and manic subsidal/offspring around '84). after finally getting to see bad religion this past summer and fall, i have to say that i was very impressed with their overall performance ... and i couldn't help wishing offspring would play such a long and varied setlist. you can't tell me offspring are "too old" to stay onstage for more than an hour, because bad religion are just as old or older and were onstage for at least an hour and a half! in this way, offspring can't really compare.

before ron welty flames me, i was simply stating an opinion. i'm not here to be "fucking gay" and to "hate" the offspring. yes, they're my favorite band. if they weren't, i wouldn't waste my time on this often-idiotic messageboard!

The_Offspring
12-10-2004, 11:32 PM
i totaly agree with ron welty this guy that started this thread is a total fuckin jackass. fuck the hell off if you don like the offspring!!!!!!! Asshole!!

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
12-11-2004, 04:45 AM

A few things.

1. What are you, 12? Grow up, man. Geez.

2. Read my post again, you DUMB BITCH. The Offspring is my favorite band. But I do think there are bands that are A MILLION LIGHT YEARS BETTER than them. That doesn't mean I like them any less.

3. Yes, I've seen The Offspring live.

4. Yes, I love Americana.

5. Why the fuck would somebody have to read a music zine to know about ANGRA? Just 'cause you're a goddamn ignorant when it comes to music doesn't mean everybody else is. Educate yourself, kid. Get out there. Get the fuck out of your parent's basement and log off the internet for once, there's a life out there.

6. Before you try and flame someone (I say 'try', 'cause what you're doing sounds more like an 11-year-old teasing his classmates by calling them 'gay'), learn some proper English, okay? Seriously. I had to re-read your entry about 7 times before I could understand what your dumb ass was trying to say.

7. Strung Out owns you.

That's all.

RonWelty
12-11-2004, 06:12 AM
to u , stupid sucker

1- i. sorry i don t live in some country where english is official language ..and many people like me has to THEIR BEST to try to talk with all the others guys here
2- i like bands that u never will apreciate because they have "skills and quality" that u can t understand : like THE CLASH or PINK FLOYD !

so shut up your fuckin life ..and no ..im 17 ! stupid gay !

sebaspunk
12-11-2004, 07:18 AM
No One Is Better Than The Offspring
They Are The Best

RonWelty
12-11-2004, 07:30 AM
No One Is Better Than The Offspring
They Are The Best
you re right ! find for example :another song writter like dexter? another drummer like ATOM ..all that energy ! THEY ROCK !

BuddyHolly
12-11-2004, 08:46 AM
there are a lot of bands with much better musicians in it. but The Offspring's writing the best songs ever...

T-6005
12-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Dexter, Greg and Atom are very smooth players.

Noodles, live, isn't quite as smooth, but you can't blame him, he's doing everything but flips onstage.

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
12-11-2004, 10:14 AM
to u , stupid sucker

1- i. sorry i don t live in some country where english is official language ..and many people like me has to THEIR BEST to try to talk with all the others guys here
2- i like bands that u never will apreciate because they have "skills and quality" that u can t understand : like THE CLASH or PINK FLOYD !

so shut up your fuckin life ..and no ..im 17 ! stupid gay !

"Shut up your fucking life"?

I'm also from a country where English is not the official language. A solution? A grammar book of some sort, or gee, how about SPELL CHECK?

And Pink Floyd are excellent. The Clash are one of my favorite bands. This is the example of a punk band that does not stick to the tried-and-true conventions of the genre. Their early experiments were awesome, I'm convinced London Calling is one of the best records ever produced, although they did go a bit overboard on Sandinista.

What's there "not to understand" about The Clash or Pink Floyd, though?
geez. I'm tired of seeking out explanations here. Some people are just goddamn idiots who think calling others "gay" is somehow offensive.

And you're a goddamn MORON if you seriously think Dexter is the best songwriter out there, or Atom is the most energetic drummer. Download some Mike Portnoy. See how you like it.

Noodles is gay
12-11-2004, 02:46 PM
THE CLASH are amazing, but since they can't play anymore I guess the Offspring are the best.

Franz Ferdinand are a pretty good new band. Mansun and the King Adora are wicked too.

killboybowerhead
12-11-2004, 04:53 PM
:) :D :D
The guy that said there were bands better than the offspring is hated now hahahah... yes the clash is good but i still think the offspring is better.. haha.. infact i dont know of a band that has done anything better than them

saska de o...
12-12-2004, 12:17 PM
i don't know The Clash so i cant say that they are better, i think that Offspring najlepsi...

dexterisMYman
12-12-2004, 01:14 PM
No One Is Better Then Them!!! I Luv Them Soooooooooooooooo Much!!

dexterisMYman
12-12-2004, 01:16 PM
no one is better then the offspring cuz they r the best!!undefined

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
12-12-2004, 06:12 PM
:) :D :D
The guy that said there were bands better than the offspring is hated now hahahah... yes the clash is good but i still think the offspring is better.. haha.. infact i dont know of a band that has done anything better than them

That's alright, you'll grow out of it.

Moose
12-12-2004, 06:25 PM
first off...this is in the wrong section...second...there are a lot of bands better than the offspring, they jjust happen to be my favorite band...ok end of debate.

saska de o...
12-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Offspring, potomkowie sa najlepsi

amazonian_brat
12-14-2004, 12:31 AM
so how can they bet the best punk band and your favortie if you think it all sucks after smash?

All their music is good smash(my fav album) kicks a$$ but so does Americana (my 2nd fav album) and Splinter unless u like them all YOUR NOT A REAL FAN!!!

TDog
12-14-2004, 01:18 AM
I think the Offspring is the best punk band!!! 4ever and a day!!! It's very originality band!!! Fuck all the others!!!

Special Delivery BR.
12-14-2004, 12:11 PM
In my own opinion, OFFSPRING IS THE BEST BAND ... but many bands exerced more influences than the offspring, and they arent the best for the majorite of ppl.. but fuck it, OFFSPRING FOREVERRRR. i like greenday, blink, red hot, NIRVANA, but none of these bands r better than offspring :D

Tired_Of_You
12-14-2004, 12:21 PM
The Backstreetboys are the best. They are the best singers ever and they are all so totally cute. They are also so sexy.

Satankaban
12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Maybe it seems strange but I dont know better band than "The Offspring".

dirty_magic
12-14-2004, 02:43 PM

shut up!!!

|Jun|
12-14-2004, 03:06 PM
yeahh ppl....undoubtly offspring is the bes punk band...does anyone can pass me sth of nichtwish??
I start listening to this banda, it's quite cool :cool: :cool: :p

bd007h
12-14-2004, 04:20 PM
I could name a few bands in music history that are better (Nirvana, The Beatles, etc) But not many bands today can top punk like The Offspring did on of Smash, Ixnay, and Ignition.

Skate Rat 19
12-21-2004, 06:50 PM
I think you need to take a chill pill buddy. The Offspring are most certaintly in the top 5 (of punk rock) but they're not the only good ones.

bd007h
12-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Nirvana and the Beatles were, but not much of the bands of now, but the Foo Fighters come close.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
12-21-2004, 10:50 PM
The Offspring are indeed an awesome band and I've loved them for years. They are also responsible for my love of AFI. They are my two favorite bands. I love all sorts of stuff though. I'll listen to anything as long as it isn't that pop crap or crappy country.

Anya82
12-22-2004, 09:19 AM
for me.. Nirvana is an A++
but The Offspring is my fave band of them all...

I just have to say they're two different bands...

mrconeman
12-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Of all time offspring are no where near the most talented or best band ever and I can garuntee you every member of the band would admit to that, They are however my own personal favourite band thats just my opinion but I could name many bands/musicians that are much more musicaly skilled

Pink floyd for instance, jimmi hendrix, Led Zeppelin.....Compared to all the greats offspring arent that great but music of the current times is really really bad we need a band to kick music in the ass again like the sex pistols did way back when, but at the minute there are very few bands still making good music, offspring being one of them of course

Bad_Girl
12-22-2004, 05:14 PM
I don't know
I like a lot of bands. I think they are all good, really good.I don't like to tell any band is better than OFFSPRING. And I don't like to tell offspring is better than any bands. They are differents.

off_day
12-22-2004, 05:51 PM
I like offspring and greenday, i think they are the best :D

greencows12
12-22-2004, 07:10 PM
the offspring is better than the offspring.:D

sk8ter-hater
12-22-2004, 07:12 PM
no theyre not

original_psycho
12-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I agree, they're not, the offspring is better then the offspring, not the offspring is better then the offspring... :D

sk8ter-hater
12-22-2004, 09:49 PM
I don't know who to choose, theyre both good bands, ill go with the offspring, wait no the offspring, wait no arghhhhhhhh
i cant choose

GreenTerror
12-22-2004, 09:50 PM
I don't think there is any band better than The Offspring, but Pennywise comes pretty damn close

sk8ter-hater
12-22-2004, 09:52 PM
So does Authority Zero And Red Hot Chili Peppers
but they are a different genre

Obie2trice
12-23-2004, 07:40 AM
No band is as good as the offspring.

Embodude2004
12-23-2004, 07:41 AM
sum 41 is better (in some ways). but in alot of ways offspring is better. i dont know its kind of like a tie between sum 41 and offspring

Obie2trice
12-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Sum41 is ok, but nothing special

original_psycho
12-23-2004, 07:44 AM
sum 41 is better (in some ways). but in alot of ways offspring is better. i dont know its kind of like a tie between sum 41 and offspring

Sum 41?! :eek:

Obie2trice
12-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Green day became famous at the same time as The offspring, They are still not better, but they are closer then Sum 41

Subsidal
12-26-2004, 07:01 AM
There's no better band than The Offspring

Subject2Availability_rule
12-26-2004, 07:03 AM
In my opinion green day, but thats just my opinion (not saying im right)

mgs.sade
12-26-2004, 07:04 AM
what about static x
pantera or lost prophets

Subject2Availability_rule
12-26-2004, 07:15 AM
subject 2 availability are also good

mgs.sade
12-26-2004, 07:17 AM
i didn't try and sepultra ???

Subsidal
12-26-2004, 09:42 AM
subject 2 availability are also good

Indeed they are, but still not better than Offspring! (sorry Joe :o )

InEsIyA..
12-26-2004, 10:24 AM
i think that offspring are the best... they are the best... i listen to many other bands like bad religion nofx rise against millencolin blink 182.. but offspring are the best i've ever heard

Noodles is gay
12-26-2004, 10:29 AM
THE CLASH. :D

original_psycho
12-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Sorry to say and hope I don't offend anybody when I say that... hmm... how should I put it? :o
oh well, no matter if I get insulted... well... The Offspring are better then The Offspring!!!
there, I said it... bring on the insults!!! :D :D :D

saska de o...
12-26-2004, 11:11 AM
nie ma
anyone

(10 characters)

Subsidal
12-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Sorry to say and hope I don't offend anybody when I say that... hmm... how should I put it? :o
oh well, no matter if I get insulted... well... The Offspring are better then The Offspring!!!
there, I said it... bring on the insults!!!

I'm sure you meant Offspring are better than The Offspring, didn't you? :D

original_psycho
12-26-2004, 02:40 PM
lol... yup, sorry... my mind is flying... type shitty... :D
u right, Offspring r better then The Offspring!!!

prankster
12-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Duh! noone is better than the offspring and if you think that there is someone who is than get of this sight ass hole

sk8ter-hater
12-26-2004, 07:21 PM
lol... yup, sorry... my mind is flying... type shitty... :D
u right, Offspring r better then The Offspring!!!

Nuh uh. The Offspring is better than Offspring 'cause The Offspring has more letters.

sk8ter-hater
12-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Duh! noone is better than the offspring and if you think that there is someone who is than get of this sight ass hole
Get an education, no wonder you're a prankster.
Sight is site. Also, ass hole is asshole. Noone, none, and Offspring capitilized.
I know 'cause I got teachers.

phoenix
12-27-2004, 03:49 PM
there isnt a better band than the offspring in my opinion

Skate Rat 19
12-27-2004, 05:53 PM
I've read most of this thread and all it is is arguing. 'So and so is better than offspring. Nuh uh, uh huh,. well fuck u then. learn english bitch. u suck. blah blah blah.' thats all this whole thread is about. I mean, come on. the thread is 'what band do u think is better than offspring'. in other words ur supposed to say other bands are better. so don't bitch if thats what people are doing.

Layna
12-27-2004, 06:04 PM
is there a better band than tho offspring???
NOOOOOOO,there isnt

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Nuh uh. The Offspring is better than Offspring 'cause The Offspring has more letters.

*hahaha*
again... my mind was flying (still is)... and yeah, u right... The Offspring is better than Offspring just for the simple fact that the name has more letters...

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Yes it is easier to find cuz it's being more specific.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 06:20 PM
u seem to have an answer for everything...
damn leprechaun (if that's how it's spelled)... never finds time to teach me...

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 06:22 PM
He has been pretty lazy lately.
He got himself a bitch.
i think that's why he hasn't given me a cup of coffee lately.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 06:24 PM
ooh... lucky leprechaun...
damn, feel bad about you not getting coffee...

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Agree. I want a bitch myself.
But I won't pay good or I won't pay at all.
They say I have bad credit, like that's supposed to mean anything.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 06:29 PM
yeah, like who are they to tell you that you can't get a bitch cause you don't have any money or something...
I say that a revolution is required immediatly!!!

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah, rebel yell.
Let's take hood ornaments and not give them back.

what a stupid idea

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 06:32 PM
yeah and we should slap em cause they deserve it!!!

even a more bad idea...

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Then we should threaten them with pitchforks just like in " The Boy who Cried Wolf."

Stupidity.
(pointing at myself)

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 06:36 PM
well... I'm more stupider than you would ever be!!!

and hell yeah!!! the power of the pitchfork is in our favour indeed!!!

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 06:37 PM
I should get myself a pitchfork.
how much are they?

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 06:40 PM
fuck buying them!!!
steal them from the poor defenceless hobos...
they've stoled them from other places... so why don't we do a good deed and take them back?!

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 06:45 PM
no that's a bad idea cuz there's this dude whi trades them for mushrooms.
And i know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy (which i know) that will trade mushrooms for pitchforks making everything i just said pretty much useless.
Let's make a good deed.
ANd kill them right after we give their pitchforks back.
They were going to die anyways.
OOOOOOOoooooooh
Two y's in the same word.
Impressive.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
That was somewhat interesting... as well as disturbing...
Anyway you're right let's kill the little suckers before they wake up...
But you know I'd kill a hobo just for fun. But for a green card, I'll carve him up real nice. *displays psychotic look*

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Holy shit, the hobo in my backyard just sticked his hand out the ground.
too bad My dog ate his arm just now.
Do you have a dog to protect you from dead hoboes in your backyard?
They are man's/woman's best friend.
Oww, stupid, jealous dimond hit me.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 06:55 PM
well... first of all... I think you should have buried that hobo deeper, that we he couldn't escape...
and yeah, I have a dog... a small annoyng one... but no backyard, so she's pretty much useless...

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Just like my friend.
Kill all hoboes.
Anoying little hoboes.

That's what my sign will say.

strike is free

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 07:00 PM
ok... that was also disturbing... the first three lines I understood but wtf got into you after?! no fuckin sence what so ever...

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Quite, I can't even remember typing that.

crush 'em

just like ants

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 07:07 PM
agree!!!
we will be free!!!
crushed hobos will be!!!

<ok... now I know that sucked...>

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:10 PM
The thread is almost ourselves talking.

Without hobo consent we will do what we all want to do, go to Vegas and gamble.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 07:14 PM
agree...
we will be
so fucking freeeeee!
*while singing glass is breaking around her*

<and we kinda changed the topic too>

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:16 PM
You just changed your signature.

Hoboes will disguise like Santa and try to take what's rightfully ours.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 07:18 PM
<I've kinda changed my sig about 20 mins or so...>

we must kill all the fat gay red guys we can find!!!
spread out men!!!

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:21 PM
You mean Indians.
We don't have those anymore.
Nope no purebreed Indians.
And yes they are animals.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 07:25 PM
damn... so now... from hobos and santas... switched, with no sense what so ever, to indians, making an out of topic remark...

hmm...

I like it... I like it... :D

nitropenguin!
12-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Stop whoring. You're taking over the thread in an inattractive way.

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Whoring is the reason we're here.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 07:28 PM
I agree with sk8ter on this one...

nitropenguin!
12-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Oh come on, you agree with him constantly.

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Hoboes are looking at me, don't make any sudden movement's they're just smelling you.

original_psycho
12-27-2004, 07:32 PM
damn... I got one...
don't make any move, or the smelly one gets it!!!

bd007h
12-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Stop all of the arguing, we all know that the only bands around now that even come close to the Offspring are the Foo Fighters and the Red Hot Chili Peppers

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Oww, damnit it hurts.
what's the saucepan made of?

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Stop all of the arguing, we all know that the only bands around now that even come close to the Offspring are the Foo Fighters and the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Red Hot Chili Peppers is closer though.

nitropenguin!
12-27-2004, 07:35 PM
I don't really think the both of them are that good.

sk8ter-hater
I got to agree.

bd007h
Red Hot Chili Peppers is closer though.

I said stop the arguing :mad:

:p

I think Foo Fighters are better than RHCP, but not by much

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Stop arguing.

nitropenguin!
12-27-2004, 07:36 PM
I got to agree.
Wow... he agreed! *claps*

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:38 PM
*Bows down*

Hey, that's not supposed go there.

*Goes back up pissed*

nitropenguin!
12-27-2004, 07:42 PM
^ ... huh?

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Nevermind.

Holger estonia
12-31-2004, 11:02 AM
offspring is the best band in the world.At least i guess that
:D

Inferno
12-31-2004, 08:55 PM
These bands are better than The Offspring:

Metallica
Linkin Park
Audioslave

scotishabbit
12-31-2004, 09:20 PM
in Mtv in argentina theres a program where you have to decide which of two bands is the best example: green day vs blink...and you have to decide the best.
well offspring won to metallica and to gunsn roses
and i hear that Offspring is the best punk band at the moment.
I think that AC DC is better than offspring, but offspring is my best band :confused:

lost_nvrfound
12-31-2004, 11:08 PM
its a sin to ask!!! no band could evr beat the offspring... not a single one... guess wut! i had someone try to convince me that the offspring wasn't really punk! :eek: arghh!!! that malignant bastard!!!... but no worries, at least i know that they're punk :cool:

ATOM_01
01-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Haha ok I've held my tongue long enough..

I love the Offspring, they are the only band I have ever been well and truely obsessed with. Evidence that I am obsessed with the band - just go and check http://groups.msn.com/punkconspiracy, where I am managing what I want to one day turn into the best ever collection of Offspring pictures, rare and common! Yes they are by far, by far my favourite band. But do I think that they are the best band in the world, that they make the best music in the world. Do i?

yes...oh wait NO!

There are so many many bands out there that make better music then the Offspring. There are so many better singers and lyric writers then Dexter, so many better drummers then both Ron and Atom (particually Ron just quietly), there are a ton of better guitarists then Noodles, and a ton of better bassists then Greg KKKriesel (KKKriesel is not a subliminal message for you to join the KKK). But that doesn't mean in any way that they aren't bad at what they do. I in fact think each member of the Offspring is exceptionally good at what they do (except for Ron, who was only above average...nah just joking).

The Offspring are a great band, and I would rather listen to them for the rest of eternity because I like their music more then any other bands, but this does not make them the best. End of story.

And to all those people saying their not punk anymore, fuck off. They always have and always be a punk band because they make music that suits them without giving a shit about what anybody else thinks. There is nothing more punk about music then that.

Punky Dudess
01-01-2005, 04:21 AM
Well...I can't think of any punk bands that cud outshine 'the offspring'. They've practically ruled my life! :D [IMG]

Killb0y
01-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Yeah I like a lot of bands but there is no band that I could say is better than Offspring. You may find this strange as Offspring fans but the closest to Offspring of the bands I like is Metallica (respect :D) and kOrn (I like that hard sound sometimes, I mean 7 strings man :D).

Oh and I've got a question: was there an Offspring Icon on MTV? If not, well there should be

marty
01-01-2005, 10:55 AM
bad religion, no other band has stood by what they believe more than them. different style and definatly diferent lyrical content to the offspring. i still love the offspring, but i like bad religion more now.

marty