PDA

View Full Version : Dumb detentions.

Ohfunny
06-17-2005, 01:25 PM
nearly got an after-school detention for spanish yesterday, for not having homework done. and today, i got a lunchtime detention for Maths. luckily i talked my way out of the after-school, but dont you think that teachers get harder on you as you go through school? some teahcers that i used to get on well with, well, sort of hate me now! does this come with age? :confused: :eek:

JohnnyNemesis
06-17-2005, 01:27 PM
If teachers get on you, it's usually because they like you and are mad that you're slipping up. Sometimes they really DO hate you, but often they get harder on you because they want you to do well.

I wish I'd respected the help teachers tried to give me when I was a complete slacker bum in high school.

引出しの人
06-17-2005, 01:28 PM
I almost got suspended because I forgot to go...

the_GoDdEsS
06-17-2005, 01:32 PM
If teachers get on you, it's usually because they like you and are mad that you're slipping up. Sometimes they really DO hate you, but often they get harder on you because they want you to do well.

Very much agree. That's part of education. And I loved all my strict teachers. In fact, I loved those most. Because some day you'll be thankful for it.

coke_a_holic
06-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Christ kid, I've been on break for a month. What kind of school holds kids this late?
I got out of school just on tuesday. Unfortunately, I still have to work on a project that about 7/8 of the class didn't do. I'm the only one in the class that actually cares about the project that didn't finish.

wheelchairman
06-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Pansies.

When I was 14, I had been honor roll student 3 years in a row, top of my class. All my teachers (supposedly) loved me. My friends and I had single-handedly made the school newspaper readable (we had an odd sense of humor, it got some calls in from parents at times though.)

One month we put our bands website in the paper (with my lyrics on the website, my special humorous type of lyrics.)

Some crazy mom went to the website, thought that I, this quite kid in the back of the classroom (if you couldn't tell, that was the opposite of what I was), was some kind of vicious psycho killer. I was thrown out of school because of the no-tolerance policy they had.

3 years I had been an honor roll student. The administration had read my name 3 years in a row, and yet they could never learn to pronounce Pedersen correctly, and they didn't hesitate to throw me out.

So you see kids, your stories of detention are lame. My stories rock, and I am a genius. The end.

lost_nvrfound
06-17-2005, 01:36 PM
at my school, they give detention for being late to class without a note 2 times in a semester. it can be two different classes too.

Ohfunny
06-17-2005, 01:38 PM
my frined got on e for throwing an orange at a teacher's head! :D happy days, happy days.........

lost_nvrfound
06-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Pansies.

When I was 14, I had been honor roll student 3 years in a row, top of my class. All my teachers (supposedly) loved me. My friends and I had single-handedly made the school newspaper readable (we had an odd sense of humor, it got some calls in from parents at times though.)

One month we put our bands website in the paper (with my lyrics on the website, my special humorous type of lyrics.)

Some crazy mom went to the website, thought that I, this quite kid in the back of the classroom (if you couldn't tell, that was the opposite of what I was), was some kind of vicious psycho killer. I was thrown out of school because of the no-tolerance policy they had.

3 years I had been an honor roll student. The administration had read my name 3 years in a row, and yet they could never learn to pronounce Pedersen correctly, and they didn't hesitate to throw me out.

So you see kids, your stories of detention are lame. My stories rock, and I am a genius. The end.

...nice...

JohnnyNemesis
06-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Wow, you guys really are pussies. I've thrown fists at lunch and not got detention (I was punished eventually though), and food fights were totally ignored.

coke_a_holic
06-17-2005, 01:40 PM
I once got detention for standing up during class. Also, I got one for reading a poster in the class room when I should've been paying attention. Both in the same class, but a few months apart. I hate that teacher so much, she always gave out detentions for no reason.

wheelchairman
06-17-2005, 01:41 PM
my frined got on e for throwing an orange at a teacher's head! :D happy days, happy days.........
They gave him ecstasy? Is that what you are saying? Speak English for God's sake.

And Johnny, we are the last real men of our generation. A carrot, I shudder Johnny, I shudder.

lost_nvrfound
06-17-2005, 01:42 PM
i don't typically get in trouble at school... most of my fighting is sneaky

or the person that i beat the crap out of really deserved it and the teachers/busdrivers were glad i had done it and never reported it. i've had that happen a few times

JohnnyNemesis
06-17-2005, 01:45 PM
And Johnny, we are the last real men of our generation. A carrot, I shudder Johnny, I shudder.

Seriously dude, I'm almost in denial. I don't want to believe that a CARROT led to detention for anyone, because it's so incredibly sad.

ninth
06-17-2005, 01:45 PM
I shanked a kid with a push pin and made him cry in the middle of class but recieved no detention.

lost_nvrfound
06-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Seriously dude, I'm almost in denial. I don't want to believe that a CARROT led to detention for anyone, because it's so incredibly sad.
you know whats worse... my sister got suspended for 6 days because she tossed a jewel case to her teacher, who didn't catch it and assumed that she had thrown it to hurt her

Noodles is gay
06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
but dont you think that teachers get harder on you as you go through school? some teahcers that i used to get on well with, well, sort of hate me now! does this come with age? :confused: :eek:

not at all - in my school the teachers respect you more in the sixth form. They're more likely to joke around in lessons and relax, whereas lower down in the school they seem to have taken pleasure in scaring kids and shouting at the little year sevens! (I was talking to a teacher the other day about how he punishes the younger years - most interesting.) So, weird - my school must be totally different to yours because we get responsibility, respect and a more relaxed relationship with teachers as we get older. Weird school you attend...

On what everyone else is talking about: I got a detention for ACCIDENTALLY throwing a book on the roof of the school, back in year 8 (I was 12). :o And I've had one lunchtime detention for not doing my German homework - I'm good, see! :D

Tired_Of_You
06-17-2005, 01:59 PM
at my school, they give detention for being late to class without a note 2 times in a semester. it can be two different classes too.It was the same for us, although some teachers didn't care if someone arrived late. I think the only way to arrived late was to do it intentionally...Unless you had a problem with your lock/locker or something.

I went to a small high school when I was in secondary 1 & 2. When you were lucky enough to have your birthday a school day, you might have had the chance that someone threw eggs on you. It was not your fault, but it was the person who received the eggs who had a detention. It was quite stupid.

lost_nvrfound
06-17-2005, 02:07 PM
It was the same for us, although some teachers didn't care if someone arrived late. I think the only way to arrived late was to do it intentionally...Unless you had a problem with your lock/locker or something.

I went to a small high school when I was in secondary 1 & 2. When you were lucky enough to have your birthday a school day, you might have had the chance that someone threw eggs on you. It was not your fault, but it was the person who received the eggs who had a detention. It was quite stupid.
we have to go to a room when the final bell is rung, and everyone who is late has to fill out a form and is automatically put into the computer. many teachers would let you get away with being late. the administrator realized this and changed the policy.