PDA

View Full Version : Metallica should STOP MAKING ALBUMS

Chukk
11-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Face it, you guys. They were good up untill Ixnay. They're losing it. I'm not saying they should stop being a band. It'd be cool if they still went on tour and such, but I really think the albums should stop.

Pretty Fly for a White Guy? What the fuck was that shit? Its not offspring sounding at all, yet it became a real big hit. Like Original Prankster.

I really don't mind if they made CDs and they were punk sounding like good old offspring, but this new shit like 'Worst Hangover Ever' and 'Denial Revised' etc... what the fuck is all that shit? Its not offspring-like at all!

Orange County
11-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Fair point. BUT if your gonna come on here and say that, AT LEAST GET THE FUCKING NAME OF THE BAND RIGHT!!!!! METALLICA???????? ,

aaah, thats better.

Neuxes
11-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah, i'd have to say i totaly missed the "THE OFFSPRING" in the top left hand of the web page.....

and i disagree, albums are good... they can write what they want, you only have to listen to what you want to...

FoodForThought
11-09-2004, 05:19 PM
you cant decide what is offspring sounding. they are the offspring so the sound they make is the offspring sound no matter what it is. now it could not sound like the smash album but that is different. did you chukk out your brain?

Neuxes
11-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Swish!

3 points dude....

willferno
11-09-2004, 05:27 PM
FoodForThought you cant decide what is offspring sounding. they are the offspring so the sound they make is the offspring sound no matter what it is. now it could not sound like the smash album but that is different. did you chukk out your brain?

completely agree with you

FoodForThought
11-09-2004, 05:28 PM
thanks. lets hope chukk gets the point.

metal2kgirl
11-09-2004, 10:17 PM
um... yeah... metallica...? ohhhkay.. so yeah, anyway, the Offspring, i agree with the guy down there, they can write what they want and you can listen to what you want. I consider myself a true fan because i listen and like every song the Offspring has ever done, it gets boring to me to hear stuff that sounds the same.. if i wanted to hear a band that most all their stuff sounds the same i would listen to Pantara or Korn... i like getting a new album and hearing new things... thats just me though

Metal2kGirl aka Delanea

borgy
11-09-2004, 10:27 PM
I agree METALLICA should stop making albums, but as for offspring everyone of there albums are good, sure there a few crap songs (Pretty Fly, and Hit That arent that great, why everyone hates OP is beyond me that riff is awesome), but they didnt release the worst album ever "St.Anger" were every song sucks.

Citrus
11-09-2004, 10:30 PM
They are the best!!! But you should critisize them, because that's your job-job of FAN!!!!

lousyskater
11-10-2004, 02:09 AM
first of all, this is in the wrong section.

second of all, they should stop making albums. the've lost their signature sound, it's complete crap, and they just suck now. i love their older stuff, but now they just suck.
________
VAPOR INFO (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

IdleOffspring
11-10-2004, 04:24 AM
Face it, you guys. They were good up untill Ixnay. They're losing it. I'm not saying they should stop being a band. It'd be cool if they still went on tour and such, but I really think the albums should stop.

Pretty Fly for a White Guy? What the fuck was that shit? Its not offspring sounding at all, yet it became a real big hit. Like Original Prankster.

I really don't mind if they made CDs and they were punk sounding like good old offspring, but this new shit like 'Worst Hangover Ever' and 'Denial Revised' etc... what the fuck is all that shit? Its not offspring-like at all!

:mad: they must never stop making cd's, all there cd's are great, you don't like them, sad for you, just go away and listen to britney spears

summer_guy
11-10-2004, 05:15 AM
metallica suck DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN METALLICA ;)

Lithuanian Offspring
11-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Maybe Chukk likes Sum 41? Yeha they sound like shit all the time. I think there are a bunch of bands you could critisize. THe Offspring is definatly a great band. I dont think you might have heard a little album called Americana. There were, like what, 3 songs in that one that were pointed to the mainstream. I believe those were joke songs and they had nothing to do with what the Offspring really sound like. The new albums kick ass. Splinter has alot of songs that sound like they are form ignition or smash. So maybe you should face it, Chukk. Metallica should really stop making music. Maybe one of their members should die then that would make them alittle more interesting to listen to. Fuck you Chukk go suck on a tampon!

fairy call
11-10-2004, 09:00 AM
I dont like the things they did after ixnay either, but if they like what they do, they should keep on making music you know.
There are a lot of fans who do like the newer stuff, but I think I understand what you are saying, you'd probably prefer a band quitting when they're still good and stuff, but as long as they still like what music they make now, I think they should carry on really.
And I think it's up to them to decide when they want to quit. I wouldn't really care that much if they would quit now, but I think a lot of people would like them to go on for a while.

PS: But whats the metallica thingy doing there?

lousyskater
11-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Maybe one of their members should die then that would make them alittle more interesting to listen to. Fuck you Chukk go suck on a tampon!
that's already happened once. they lost their first bass player. and oddly enough, he didn't die of drug abuse. he died in a tour bus crash. if they hadn't lost him, the band would probably be done making music and all of their albums would have kicked ass(not just 3 or 4). he was the main song writer for the band.

i'm for chukk sucking a tampon though.
________
CollegeBrunete live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/CollegeBrunete)

intothevalleyofdeath
11-10-2004, 09:41 AM
i saw their movie, it was pretty cool

fairy call
11-10-2004, 09:42 AM
what movie?

intothevalleyofdeath
11-10-2004, 09:44 AM
some kind of monster

lousyskater
11-10-2004, 09:47 AM
i saw their movie, it was pretty cool
the "some kind of monster" one? i ended up seeing that with my friends. wasn't impressed. got to see how much of a dick ulrich and hetfield really are though. hammet was just sitting there the whole time listening to hetfield and ulrich's insescent nagging and looked like he was thinking "dumbasses".
________
Ocean View Condos (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

intothevalleyofdeath
11-10-2004, 09:48 AM
ulrich is hilarious

lando
11-10-2004, 02:55 PM
no way! aberdeen rules!

too_close_to_see
11-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Haha. Yeah, they should really after that horrible St. Anger.

lucy_willson
11-16-2004, 11:43 AM
how in the hell could you possibly get metallica and offspring mixed up? offspring are fantastic and so are metallica, but they are both in a legue of there own mate

pigeon
11-16-2004, 12:15 PM
maybe metallica should stop to do the music but i don't want it,though St.Anger is the worst album of the century.Splinter (for me)is one of the best Offspring's albums.
Cliff was the main in Metallica?!!HAHAHA!!!!!!You're dumb guy.He wrote some bass melodies for the songs but nothing more.Yes,he was the great musician but if Cliff could be alive there wasn't Black Album i think.It very sadly to see this fucking monkey in Metallica now,but there is nothing to do...(((

original_prankster
11-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Metallica is pretty friggin bad now...their new stuff gets on my nerves...but I like their old stuff!

lucy_willson
11-16-2004, 01:44 PM
metallica rock just the same as offspring do, you may not like metallica any more, but offspring is turning a bit poppy recently

Sketch
11-16-2004, 04:01 PM
I think you should stop making threads! you dumb homo! you dont even know the name of the band you're bashing!

Floyd the Barber
11-16-2004, 04:37 PM

You're a retard. Case closed.

Offspring - should keep making CDs
Metallica - should have quit 13 years ago.

acgc2002
11-16-2004, 04:40 PM
I think variation is cool... although pretty fly for a white guy is not my favorite song, neither I got the workst hangover ever... but they are funny man!!!! :-) That is what makes it special... doesn´t sound like offspring, but it is silly... funny... offspring is also like that...so... variation is nice... I think so at least!

noodlesdec25
11-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Dammit!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know what fucking shit are that guy talking about.....offspring have experiance new styles....but all of their cds are 80% very energetic punk...and the 20%left is still punk because of the lyrics and musicaly. and thats very fucking true dudes.....chek all of offspring cds and u will found out.

TomaTuTomate
11-16-2004, 07:29 PM
hehehehe, metallica... that's funny :D