PDA

View Full Version : New Green Day Video

billiejoe87
06-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Who has seen the new Green day video for their new single "Wake me up when September ends?" I think the song is awesome but the clip is annoying how they play it out like a love movie. It starts of with two young people hugging, then they interrupt the song half way through with a fight between the two and then they play gun noises during the war scenes in the last chorus.

Am I the only one who says I want the old don't give a shit Green day video's back, not these hollywood productions?

0r4ng3
06-17-2005, 04:10 PM
I haven't seen it yet. It's not on the official website (I think). Where did you see it?

billiejoe87
06-17-2005, 04:13 PM
I haven't seen it yet. It's not on the official website (I think). Where did you see it?

It's being played on Music Tv in Australia now, but I originally downloaded it off limewire.

PS. If you want Green day videos go to www.greendayvideos.com. They have almost everything you could want. They are however waiting for the new video to premiere in the U.S before they offer it. So use limewire or something.

original_psycho
06-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I like the video, I think it's awesome. I was expecting something else, but then again my ideas are always wrong. But it's still awesome, in my humble and insignificant opinion.

billiejoe87
06-17-2005, 04:17 PM
I like the video, I think it's awesome. I was expecting something else, but then again my ideas are always wrong. But it's still awesome, in my humble and insignificant opinion.

Don't you get annoyed by the drama that interrupts the song?

original_psycho
06-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Well, yeah, it's kinda annoying, but it fits with the story of the video. Plus, it kinda leaves room for the unexpected, if I'm expressing myself right.

billiejoe87
06-18-2005, 12:53 AM
Well, yeah, it's kinda annoying, but it fits with the story of the video. Plus, it kinda leaves room for the unexpected, if I'm expressing myself right.

I guess. But its not their best video.

jasofern
06-18-2005, 01:00 AM
you just have to look at my avatar to know what i voted, and also what i think of Green Day

notoriousdoc
06-18-2005, 01:05 AM
A made a thread about this in the right section a month ago, search first bitch

It goes on for six pages as well
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8478&page=1&pp=20&highlight=green+video

Isolated Fury
06-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Videos ruin music. They even ruin music as bad as Greenday. Therefore, I have not seen it. I will not see it. I hope no one else sees it.

Isolated Fury
06-18-2005, 01:10 AM
A made a thread about this in the right section a month ago, search first bitch

It goes on for six pages as well
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8478&page=1&pp=20&highlight=green+video

Ok, personally, if I were to start this thread, I would not search for it anyway. The topic is too specific to be considered in a search.

Also, I wouldn't search for it, because I would have impailed my head with my fist after posting it and be presumed dead.

billiejoe87
06-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Ok, personally, if I were to start this thread, I would not search for it anyway. The topic is too specific to be considered in a search.
Exactly .

notoriousdoc
06-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Exactly .

It's just lazy though

billiejoe87
06-18-2005, 01:32 AM
It's just lazy though

Yeah maybe it is, but I honestly didn't think their would be a thread like this on the site. The video premiered here only this week.

notoriousdoc
06-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Yeah maybe it is, but I honestly didn't think their would be a thread like this on the site. The video premiered here only this week.

You're forgiven mate

freak-doll
06-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Don't you get annoyed by the drama that interrupts the song?
ive seen to different ones one with da drama one with out i prefur the one with out u can enjoy da song more :D

billiejoe87
06-18-2005, 01:44 AM
You're forgiven mate

Thankyou. At least you see i'm not trying to piss people off. I'll search in future.

0r4ng3
06-18-2005, 06:56 AM
I just saw the video. It was ok, but I think Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Holiday are better.

Preecey
06-18-2005, 07:09 AM
I like the battle scenes for the video, but the song is pretty run-of-the-mill, and sounds just like the rest of the album.

LOdAT
06-18-2005, 07:36 AM
I havent seen it, i want to though.

0r4ng3
06-18-2005, 07:36 AM
It would've been better if it had more music, less video. If they focused on the song, rather than make it a mini-movie.

original_psycho
06-18-2005, 09:44 AM
I guess. But its not their best video.
Yeah, true. Not that I've seen many of them though =/ But I really like the video from Basket Case. Nice and simple.

I don't know
06-18-2005, 09:50 AM
I haven't seen it :(

Camilamazed
06-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't like it because the video has nothing to do with the song (I've already said that somewhere else) :rolleyes:

fuckB Ratty
06-18-2005, 10:55 AM
i don't wanna green day SUX

nameless
06-19-2005, 03:12 PM
im not really a fan of the song or video!

iflogmymolly
06-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Who has seen the new Green day video for their new single "Wake me up when September ends?" I think the song is awesome but the clip is annoying how they play it out like a love movie. It starts of with two young people hugging, then they interrupt the song half way through with a fight between the two and then they play gun noises during the war scenes in the last chorus.

Am I the only one who says I want the old don't give a shit Green day video's back, not these hollywood productions?

I haven't seen the video yet. I'll have to check it out.

arak0r
06-19-2005, 03:38 PM
i cant take anyone that hates greenday, yet loves the offspring seriously. greenday just completely produces better quality music, and far more consistently.

Chris
06-19-2005, 03:50 PM
thats lame "music rivalry" for you

coke_a_holic
06-19-2005, 04:42 PM
I wish they would choose better singles. They're catering to the wrong audience. I loved old Green Day because I could identify with them. Now they're fitting in with those country club snobs eating caviar with sparkling champagne.

panzor41
06-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Wheres the "No becuase they are crap" option?

arak0r
06-19-2005, 05:29 PM
I wish they would choose better singles. They're catering to the wrong audience. I loved old Green Day because I could identify with them. Now they're fitting in with those country club snobs eating caviar with sparkling champagne.

the wrong audience?

maybe theyre doing the things they want to do?

Mechanical Drugs
06-19-2005, 05:35 PM
I havent seen it yet.

coke_a_holic
06-19-2005, 05:37 PM
the wrong audience?

maybe theyre doing the things they want to do?
Perhaps, I just feel like they're no longer the same Green Day i knew 10 years ago. They just seem as if they are catering to their new fans who will forget about them in 2 months when the next big thing comes up. All of their old fans detest their new "image" and their new ones won't remember who they are. They're digging themselves a nice grave.

0r4ng3
06-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Wheres the "No becuase they are crap" option?
In the "I'm an idiot who hates Green Day" section. No matter how much you dislike them, you can't call them crap.

ruroken
06-19-2005, 07:40 PM
goddammit why is it so fucking hard to remember that it's spelled

GREEN DAY ?!?!?!

0r4ng3
06-19-2005, 07:42 PM
What are you talking about? No one said "greenday" for like 3 days! 1 person, in 1 post said it.

ruroken
06-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Yeah, well the fucker said that he likes them more than The Offspring, so the fucker should know how to fucking spell it. It reminds me of the motherfuckers in the most idiotic community ever. You don't want to hear about them... trust me on that...

0r4ng3
06-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah, well the fucker said that he likes them more than The Offspring, so the fucker should know how to fucking spell it. It reminds me of the motherfuckers in the most idiotic community ever. You don't want to hear about them... trust me on that...
Stop, you're being too nice...

ruroken
06-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Maybe I should make a thread about them to show that there are people worse than the biggest dumbasses here...

coke_a_holic
06-19-2005, 07:54 PM
No, then they'll flock here again. Let them be.

ruroken
06-19-2005, 07:58 PM
No, then they'll flock here again. Let them be.
What? They don't know of this place... what do you mean? :confused:

coke_a_holic
06-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Remember when they spammed this place up horribly? Yeah, we don't want that again.

ruroken
06-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Remember when they spammed this place up horribly? Yeah, we don't want that again.
Who? Whoever it was, it wasn't who I'm talking about.

Apathy
06-19-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm not a fan of the band in the first place, but I'm definiately not liking this song. Aside from the other, idiots who never give reasoning, i'll tell you why. One, I don't understand the lyrics, unless someone would take the liberty of explaining them to me. Two, it's a bit slow for me, and lastly, I think this album could have used something different than this. There are already some slower songs on the album, and I would have liked a faster song to compliment the others.

Believe it or not, there are Green Day Songs that I like. Three to Be Exact, Longview, She's A Rebel, and Brainstew.

there.

Haven't seen the video though.

notoriousdoc
06-19-2005, 11:34 PM
I personally think that, after reading about their early days, they really deserve where they've got to. They worked fricking hard when they started out.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Perhaps, I just feel like they're no longer the same Green Day i knew 10 years ago. They just seem as if they are catering to their new fans who will forget about them in 2 months when the next big thing comes up. All of their old fans detest their new "image" and their new ones won't remember who they are. They're digging themselves a nice grave.
maybe theyre not catering to anyone, and theyre actually.. maturing!

a grave? if you havent noticed, theyre not going anywhere soon, and theyre still selling cds++++

also, how old were you ten years ago?

arak0r
06-20-2005, 12:34 PM

:rolleyes:

so i didnt put a space between it. big fuckin deal.

引出しの人
06-20-2005, 12:40 PM

so i didnt put a space between it. big fuckin deal.
It is .

Crack Magnum
06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Green Day Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0r4ng3
06-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Green Day Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After all this time, you have come up with this clever statement.

Edit: You lose credibility with each exclaimation point.

Crack Magnum
06-20-2005, 12:53 PM

yea im kind smart! (just for you only one exclamation)

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 02:27 PM
maybe theyre not catering to anyone, and theyre actually.. maturing!

a grave? if you havent noticed, theyre not going anywhere soon, and theyre still selling cds++++

also, how old were you ten years ago?
Maybe, they seem to be using all of their slow songs that the 12 year old girls can swoon to as singles instead of the good ones on the cd (such as St. Jimmy and Jesus of Suburbia). Why do you have to make a huge deal out of everything? I know they're selling cds now, but they will be forgotten in 3 months.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Maybe, they seem to be using all of their slow songs that the 12 year old girls can swoon to as singles instead of the good ones on the cd (such as St. Jimmy and Jesus of Suburbia). Why do you have to make a huge deal out of everything? I know they're selling cds now, but they will be forgotten in 3 months.

its been more than three months since they released the cd, and its still in top 10 sales, and they have not been forgotten

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 02:29 PM
its been more than three months since they released the cd, and its still in top 10 sales, and they have not been forgotten
Because they're still pumping out singles. As soon as the next big thing comes out they'll be cast aside, have you noticed the shadow Good Charlotte has been cast under since American Idiot came out?

arak0r
06-20-2005, 02:31 PM
this review says it best on the new cd.

Green Day finally brushed away their image of suburban
punk wannabes, took on the challenge of becoming
critically acclaimed songwriters, and won the
challenge

willferno
well I liked their last album but I think they are overated... people say they are as good as bands such like the sex pistols, the clash and making them like they are the biggest rock stars since Nirvana...they're good but not that good... that maked them losing their charm for me...

arak0r
Because they're still pumping out singles. As soon as the next big thing comes out they'll be cast aside, have you noticed the shadow Good Charlotte has been cast under since American Idiot came out?

who?

(I know who they are, but I'm sorry i hate their music.)

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Did I ever say I liked them? No. Pay attention. I said they've been cast under a shadow.

LOdAT
06-20-2005, 02:32 PM

Nice insult,

but you lose points for stupidity.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 02:33 PM
well I liked their last album but I think they are overated... people say they are as good as bands such like the sex pistols, the clash and making them like they are the biggest rock stars since Nirvana...they're good but not that good... that maked them losing their charm for me...

theyre better than the sex pistols. bands LIKE the sex pistols get overrated simply because of nostalgia, and the fact that they were from 202490834 years ago.

at least with bands like, ccr, the beatles, even rush, or boston, or something like james taylor or eric clapton, ARE good, and its not just nostalgia

arak0r
06-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Did I ever say I liked them? No. Pay attention. I said they've been cast under a shadow.
did i ever say you did ?

and that is green...........days fault?

(sorry the .'s are the only way to give enough space between the words so certain assclowns dont get offended by making it one word)

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 02:35 PM
If it wasn't for Green Day, Good Charlotte would still be loved by the 12 year old girls that have become Green Day's fan base.

willferno
06-20-2005, 02:36 PM
well the sex pistols are great not simply because of nostalgia but because they start a new style of music... if the sex pistols wouldn't have exist green day wouldn't be like they are 2day...

arak0r
06-20-2005, 02:37 PM

sorry but green........................days fan base is still there. so what if they have even more of a fan base now, but i dont see these 12 year old girls youre talking about. look at the average person her, and their ages.

id wager that most "punk" fans are under 16.

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 02:37 PM
well the sex pistols are great not simply because of nostalgia but because they start a new style of music... if the sex pistols wouldn't have exist green day wouldn't be like they are 2day...
Yeah, but The Clash is still better. Sex Pistols weren't exactly talented...

arak0r
06-20-2005, 02:38 PM

the sex pistols and the ramones were all horrible musicians. sure they made the genre, or w/e else you wanna say they did, but that doesnt mean they were good musicians

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Dude, you've got to pay attention. He said they created what Green Day is now, never once did he mention their musicsmanship.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Dude, you've got to pay attention. He said they created what Green Day is now, never once did he mention their musicsmanship.

i am paying attention clown. i am merely degrading the band. you dont need a prior reference point to that. i dont care what they started, i hate them, i dislike their music, and they suck.

id also like to mention that part of my point = that a band isnt great just because they started a genre

willferno
06-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I agree with you coke_a_holic clash is way better than sex pistols and green day... but the sex pistols and ramones were not talented as many bands but I wouldn't compare them to green day I think it's a big mistake to tell which band is the best... different time and different ideas... in 30 years if people still talk of green day as people talk of sex pistols and the ramones 2day then I'd say that they make something...

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah, arak0r, and your opinion is fact. :rolleyes:

arak0r
06-20-2005, 02:44 PM
I agree with you coke_a_holic clash is way better than sex pistols and green day... but the sex pistols and ramones were not talented as many bands but I wouldn't compare them to green day I think it's a big mistak to tel which band is the best... different time and different ideas... in 30 years if people still talk of green day as people talk of sex pistols and the ramones 2day then I'd say that they make something...

to be honest the ONLY people i ever hear talking about the sex pistols or ramones are fans of that genre. when you get people from other genres talking about your music, you know youre doing something big

arak0r
06-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Yeah, arak0r, and your opinion is fact. :rolleyes:

yea, its my fact. so shut the fuck up.

here are other things that are factual to me,

"punk" music is horrible, as is "emo" or "ska"
i cant STAND the sound of most of it, as it is musically nauseating.

the fans of most of those types of music annoy me greatly, as they are usually, young, dumb, and ugly. or at least extremely ignorant. ive been around elitists of all sorts of genres of music, and i have to say punk music elitists are the worst.

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 02:47 PM
yea, its my fact. so shut the fuck up.

here are other things that are factual to me,

"punk" music is horrible, as is "emo" or "ska"
i cant STAND the sound of most of it, as it is musically nauseating.

the fans of most of those types of music annoy me greatly, as they are usually, young, dumb, and ugly. or at least extremely ignorant. ive been around elitists of all sorts of genres of music, and i have to say punk music elitists are the worst.
Why do you have to act like you're my age? Even I am acting older than you. Seriously, you need to grow up and get out of Mom's house.

willferno
06-20-2005, 02:49 PM
man sorry to tell you that but... if you would be at the end of the seventies... a lot of people talked about sex pistols, ramones and the clash... and if they wouldn't have done something big... green day wouldn't fucking exist 2day and green day are having a big success and you like them and you,re over-protecting them... I'm not telling you which band is the best cuz I really don't care which one is the best or is gonna be the biggest the only thing I was saying is you can't compare green day to old punk bands and not even with bands like offspring it's not the same thing... green day are over-rated that's the point I'm telling you don't argue with me think what you want cuz u like only green day and I like many other bands and that's cool that way

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Why do you have to act like you're my age? Even I am acting older than you. Seriously, you need to grow up and get out of Mom's house.

im not acting like any age. im stating my opinion, and obviously my opinion is factual to me. the hell is with the pussies on the board here? cant say a damn thing without everyone crying about it.

oh and how exactly are you acting older than me? because you agree with your own opinion?

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:02 PM
man sorry to tell you that but... if you would be at the end of the seventies... a lot of people talked about sex pistols, ramones and the clash... and if they wouldn't have done something big... green day wouldn't fucking exist 2day and green day are having a big success and you like them and you,re over-protecting them... I'm not telling you which band is the best cuz I really don't care which one is the best or is gonna be the biggest the only thing I was saying is you can't compare green day to old punk bands and not even with bands like offspring it's not the same thing... green day are over-rated that's the point I'm telling you don't argue with me think what you want cuz u like only green day and I like many other bands and that's cool that way

....what the fuck? I only like green day? what the bloody fuck are you talking about? I'm not protecting them from anything, im merely stating that the majority of idiots on this board give them shit for rather pathetic reasons. if you dont like how they sound, fine thats one thing. if you hate them because theyre popular, or something stupid like that... ugh.

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm not the one like "Shut the fuck up!" I'm saying everything very calmly while you're getting worked up. You just can't help the fact you're losing an argument to a 14 year old. You talk about music you don't like saying that it sucks. I don't say everything I don't agree with sucks. You need to grow up and see things from more points of view than just yours. Oh yeah I'm so crying and being a pussy because you have no evidence to back up what you're saying.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm not the one like "Shut the fuck up!" I'm saying everything very calmly while you're getting worked up. You just can't help the fact you're losing an argument to a 14 year old. You talk about music you don't like saying that it sucks. I don't say everything I don't agree with sucks. You need to grow up and see things from more points of view than just yours. Oh yeah I'm so crying and being a pussy because you have no evidence to back up what you're saying.

hahahahhahahahahaha

troll't

you need to be worked up, to say shut the fuck up? false.

im worked up? false.

losing an argument? false.

i said everything i dont agree with sucks? false.

i need to grow up? depends. certainly not from what im doing here. so i would say false.

you are crying and being a pussy. truth.

evidence to back up what i say? ok, what evidence do i need to back up what i have said. in fact, bring me up to date on what i have said, so you can show me what i need to back up with evidence, because frankly, all ive stated so far is my opinion, and i dont need to provide evidence to show that my opinion, is in fact, my opinion

willferno
06-20-2005, 03:07 PM
exactly man that's what I mean by over-protecting them you act like only you would be right and all the others ar wrong... the fact is that I don't only listen to punk I like even metal better... but I find it stupid when someone isn't able to understands that other people can have other taste... like when you say that you have facts such as "sex pistols sucks" yeah sure that's a fact... I think you'll learn what a fact is when you'll be in sixth grade...

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:08 PM
exactly man that's what I mean by over-protecting them you act like only you would be right and all the others ar wrong... the fact is that I don't only listen to punk I like even metal better... but I find it stupid when someone isn't able to understands that other people can have other taste... like what I say is facts "sex pistols sucks" yeah sure that's a fact... I think you'll learn what a fact is when you'll be in sixth grade...

......... you are obviously not getting my english correctly. i dont listen to punk. at all. metal is dying but i used to listen to it. i wont even get into everything else. i can understand that other people can have taste, but YOU need to understand i can dislike their opinion, and im going to fucking state it :)

willferno
06-20-2005, 03:12 PM
man I never said that you haven't the right to like something I said that you can't compared bands like sex pistols to green day... and you are acting like nobody but you can judge music...

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:16 PM
you need to be worked up, to say shut the fuck up? false.
I never said you had to be worked up to say it. I said that I'm not forcing myself to say things like that to voice my opinion.

im worked up? false.
I've got nothing.

losing an argument? false.
Yeah, you are.
who?

(I know who they are, but I'm sorry i hate their music.) Oh wow, you had nothing to say so you tried to say something against the point. Signs of losing an argument? Yes.

i said everything i dont agree with sucks? false.

i dont care what they started, i hate them, i dislike their music, and they suck. Saying a band sucks sounds like an opinion to me...

i need to grow up? depends. certainly not from what im doing here. so i would say false.
Really? You're being irrational about something completely idiotic. Immature? Yes.

you are crying and being a pussy. truth.
What evidence do I have of crying? By not getting angry? Oh yeah, I am such a pussy because I don't need to use profanities to display a point.

evidence to back up what i say? ok, what evidence do i need to back up what i have said. in fact, bring me up to date on what i have said, so you can show me what i need to back up with evidence, because frankly, all ive stated so far is my opinion, and i dont need to provide evidence to show that my opinion, is in fact, my opinionI demand proof that The Sex Pistols suck. I also demand proof that Green Day has become a better band then the were during the days of albums such as Dookie.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:31 PM
I never said you had to be worked up to say it. I said that I'm not forcing myself to say things like that to voice my opinion.

I've got nothing.

Yeah, you are. Oh wow, you had nothing to say so you tried to say something against the point. Signs of losing an argument? Yes.

Saying a band sucks sounds like an opinion to me...

Really? You're being irrational about something completely idiotic. Immature? Yes.

What evidence do I have of crying? By not getting angry? Oh yeah, I am such a pussy because I don't need to use profanities to display a point.

I demand proof that The Sex Pistols suck. I also demand proof that Green Day has become a better band then the were during the days of albums such as Dookie.

im not going to individually quote every bit of this because frankly it isnt that important, as it obviously is to you.

yea saying a band sucks IS opinion, so how am i going to back that up, besides saying thats what i think? the being a pussy has nothing to do with using profanity, rather the fact that you are whining about me using it.

proof that they suck? its opinion, what kind of proof do you need? here, i'll say it again. they suck. good?fine. green day is a better band than they were back then. done and done. simple enough.

I'm being irrational? how?

the evidence of you crying or w/e, im basing it on what you already said,

"Oh yeah I'm so crying and being a pussy because you have no evidence to back up what you're saying."

as for Yeah, you are. Oh wow, you had nothing to say so you tried to say something against the point. Signs of losing an argument? Yes.

sign of losing an argument my ass. i had nothing to say because i dont know how green day having more fans than good charlotte, = them catering to 12 year old girls. you havent even given evidence of green day having a huge flock of 12 year old female fans, and you have yet to prove that they indeed enjoy green day because of those songs. im also certain they are not the only ones, that like those songs

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:35 PM
You said they suck. I said that that's an opinion. You started calling me a pussy. Yes, that is immature and irrational.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
man I never said that you haven't the right to like something I said that you can't compared bands like sex pistols to green day... and you are acting like nobody but you can judge music...i never said you did say that. you are failing to understand what im saying, and im failing to understand your broken english.

and yea, judging from the musical tastes of the majority of people on this board, id say that 85% of the people on this board shouldnt be judging music.

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:37 PM
proof that they suck? its opinion, what kind of proof do you need? here, i'll say it again. they suck. good?fine. green day is a better band than they were back then. done and done. simple enough.
You should say something like "I think they suck," or, "in my opinion, they're not very good." You have no reason as to them sucking, and you don't say it as an opinion, you say it as a fact.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:37 PM
You said they suck. I said that that's an opinion. You started calling me a pussy. Yes, that is immature and irrational.

do you even know WHY i called you a pussy? hardly irrational to insult someone that is annoying me, and is being a dolt.

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:38 PM
do you even know WHY i called you a pussy? hardly irrational to insult someone that is annoying me, and is being a dolt.
I never insulted you. I stated my opinion, you went apeshit.

arak0r
You should say something like "I think they suck," or, "in my opinion, they're not very good." You have no reason as to them sucking, and you don't say it as an opinion, you say it as a fact.

sorry im not going around saying imho to every damn word i say. and im not going to bother writing out, im sorry, but i think, in my opinion that they suck. good luck getting everyone to voice their opinions that way.

0r4ng3
"They suck" and "I think they suck" are two very different things.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:39 PM
I never insulted you. I stated my opinion, you went apeshit.

i didnt go ape shit. again you are assuming i got worked up, which i didnt. maybe if i was 14 i would need to get worked up to say a naughty naughty word. not now. of course, when i disagree with your opinion im going to say something about it :)

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:41 PM
i didnt go ape shit. again you are assuming i got worked up, which i didnt. maybe if i was 14 i would need to get worked up to say a naughty naughty word. not now. of course, when i disagree with your opinion im going to say something about it :)
When one is past-ripe such as yourself, one would probably think before using naughty words. You're just angry because I can fight an argument without saying "STFU Pussy!!"

arak0r
"They suck" and "I think they suck" are two very different things.

how the hell are they very different things? either way youre saying they suck. it shouldnt matter how you word it. im not going to censor myself, or change the way i say something so you dont get upset over it, so deal with it :rolleyes:

also i might add that you are easy to troll.

willferno
my english is not that good cuz it's my third language but anyway In understood what you say the thing is and I'll repeat it again... I'm not trying to argue with you... even if it's what I'm doing and I'm not arguing on what you think is good or bad I'm aguing with you cuz I say you can like what you want but you cannot say what's exactly bad or good cuz everyone likes different things and that's normal... I think green day are overated and I'm not saying that I don't like them because they are popular but I'm saying that in my opinion they are not good as what the majority of people say... that's all

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:46 PM
When one is past-ripe such as yourself, one would probably think before using naughty words. You're just angry because I can fight an argument without saying "STFU Pussy!!"

.......past ripe? 23? hahah. right.

im not angry at all. and im not fighting any argument by saying that. im telling you stfu because youre annoying. note, i also never said stfu pussy ;)

i called you guys pussy because youre getting worked up to me saying they suck. i said shut the fuck up because im sick of people confusing fact with opinion, and assuming that everything a person says, they think is fact if they dont say imho, or i think.

as for the frenchie canadian. anyone can say whatever they want is good or bad. that is opinion.

0r4ng3
06-20-2005, 03:47 PM
how the hell are they very different things? either way youre saying they suck. it shouldnt matter how you word it. im not going to censor myself, or change the way i say something so you dont get upset over it, so deal with it :rolleyes:

also i might add that you are easy to troll.
"They suck" is a fact. "I think they suck" is opinion.

For example:
"It's orange" is a fact.
"I think it's orange" is an opinion. Get what I'm saying?

willferno
06-20-2005, 03:49 PM
man I think this was getting really stupid but ur really acting like a shit... what do you have against the french canadians? okay and now I'm going to act just like you... you're a stupid immature dumbshit and that's a fact...

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:50 PM
.......past ripe? 23? hahah. right.

im not angry at all. and im not fighting any argument by saying that. im telling you stfu because youre annoying. note, i also never said stfu pussy ;)

i called you guys pussy because youre getting worked up to me saying they suck. i said shut the fuck up because im sick of people confusing fact with opinion, and assuming that everything a person says, they think is fact if they dont say imho, or i think.

as for the frenchie canadian. anyone can say whatever they want is good or bad. that is opinion.
I'm not sure if you remember, but I'm damn sure I said I don't like them. All I'm saying is that you need some etiquette. I'm not getting worked up. No one is, you're just voicing opinions as facts simply out of laziness. You should seriously consider acting your age. I'm 10 years younger than you, and yet I'm still matching wits with you.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm not sure if you remember, but I'm damn sure I said I don't like them. All I'm saying is that you need some etiquette. I'm not getting worked up. No one is, you're just voicing opinions as facts simply out of laziness. You should seriously consider acting your age. I'm 10 years younger than you, and yet I'm still matching wits with you.

you are not matching ANYTHING with me. youre 14. im 23. not quite ten years between that anyway.

etiquette? what are you fuckin miss manners? what a sorry little bastard you are.

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:55 PM
you are not matching ANYTHING with me. youre 14. im 23. not quite ten years between that anyway.

etiquette? what are you fuckin miss manners? what a sorry little bastard you are.
You are an idiot. End of story.

willferno
06-20-2005, 03:56 PM
I think it's too stupid to continue arguing like this because it will lead to nothing...

arak0r
You are an idiot. End of story.

oooh look at you using insults. that must mean you are worked up and have no argument!

arak0r
I think it's too stupid to continue arguing like this because it will lead to nothing... sure it will. its called, i am trolling cockaholic and hes following through with it like a hungry little fish.

http://www.profish3.com/lures/LN-hardlure/Lnb45-01.jpg

i have no problems with willferno. he seems like an aok guy, even with the broken english. cockaholic on the other hand sounds like a pretentious arrogant bastard that somehow thinks that a) he matched wits with me, and b) that somehow because he "did" he is better than me. oh and c) thinks that matching wits with anyone on this board is an accomplishment.

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:58 PM
oooh look at you using insults. that must mean you are worked up and have no argument!
I am. I have no argument. You are just an idiot, that's a fact. I think everyone with an IQ over 85 would agree with me. You have brought up the same points I have shot down over the past few posts. Arguing with idiots never works. Your stupidity always brings new meaning to the term dolt. I am not even going to try and shoot down the same point post after post. I need to move on with my life.

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 03:59 PM
i have no problems with willferno. he seems like an aok guy, even with the broken english. cockaholic on the other hand sounds like a pretentious arrogant bastard that somehow thinks that a) he matched wits with me, and b) that somehow because he "did" he is better than me. oh and c) thinks that matching wits with anyone on this board is an accomplishment.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

arak0r
06-20-2005, 04:02 PM
I am. I have no argument. You are just an idiot, that's a fact. I think everyone with an IQ over 85 would agree with me. You have brought up the same points I have shot down over the past few posts. Arguing with idiots never works. Your stupidity always brings new meaning to the term dolt. I am not even going to try and shoot down the same point post after post. I need to move on with my life.
sigh. do you know what a troll is? what about people with an iq around 135? because i certainly dont agree with you ;)

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 04:05 PM
sigh. do you know what a troll is?
1. A mythical creature told about in English fairy tales.
2. A dumbass who makes idiotic posts in message boards newsgroups for the sole purpose of pissing people off, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to people who pass you by on the sidewalk then grab you in inappropriate places.

I didn't write either of those definitions.

0r4ng3
06-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I think it's too stupid to continue arguing like this because it will lead to nothing...
Lead to? It's been here for quite some time now...

arak0r
06-20-2005, 04:13 PM
1. A mythical creature told about in English fairy tales.
2. A dumbass who makes idiotic posts in message boards newsgroups for the sole purpose of pissing people off, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to people who pass you by on the sidewalk then grab you in inappropriate places.

I didn't write either of those definitions.

you should use definition #1 from urban dictionary ;)

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 04:14 PM
O noes! u found out were i got my def fruM!!!111 I liked the 2nd one better. Deal with it.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 04:15 PM
1. troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=newsgroup&r=d) or message board (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=message+board&r=d) with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

even three!

3. troll
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
Volourn

nice of you to choose the one that is most insulting though ;) very cute.

btw, i do a mean devils advocate too.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
O noes! u found out were i got my def fruM!!!111 I liked the 2nd one better. Deal with it.
rofl. i found it out? i already knew it was urban dictionary simply because it is the only place that would have definitions such as that. bottom line is, you are a fool. no better than a fish. god, or whatever is in charge, decided to let the milkman do his business so you could be brought upon earth to amuse people like me :)

coke_a_holic
06-20-2005, 04:17 PM
1. troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=newsgroup&r=d) or message board (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=message+board&r=d) with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

even three!

3. troll
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
Volourn

nice of you to choose the one that is most insulting though ;) very cute.

btw, i do a mean devils advocate too.
Great. Thanks for quoting two different definitions. I just want to make note of two things: 1. I never disagreed with you. And 2. You only started the trolling because you knew you would lose otherwise. Great, you beat a 14 year old kid. What's next? Punch a 6 year old in the face?

Diamond Dee
06-20-2005, 04:20 PM

sorry but green........................days fan base is still there.
I agree with this statement. ;)

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-20-2005, 04:22 PM
I enjoy this topic simply because Joey used the phrase "tried to match wits with me", or words to that effect.

Hate to burst your bubble Joe, but it ain't hard.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Great. Thanks for quoting two different definitions. I just want to make note of two things: 1. I never disagreed with you. And 2. You only started the trolling because you knew you would lose otherwise. Great, you beat a 14 year old kid. What's next? Punch a 6 year old in the face?

oh god. i was trolling from the start. read my first post in this topic

arak0r
06-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Hate to burst your bubble Joe, but it ain't hard.

if anything you said ever actually mattered, or was truthful, id take that seriously. really.

i dont talk to you. ever. i dont associate with you. ever. in fact i rarely even talk to you on this board. no one here could match my wits :rolleyes: never mind my e-wits, besides diamond dee.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-20-2005, 04:40 PM
You're so similar to Linda it's unreal. Thus the reason I don't associate with you.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 04:42 PM
You're so similar to Linda it's unreal. Thus the reason I don't associate with you.

how the hell am i similar to linda

im not elderly
im not insane (not in that way)
i know there are others smarter than me
i know that i am wrong at times
i know that people dislike me
and i know that i am an asshole.

i didnt say you DID associate with me. i avoid you. youre the one that added me in msn ages ago, and randomly proclaims your love for me every three months or so

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-20-2005, 04:44 PM
i know that i am wrong at times

Not ONCE have I EVER seen you admit you're wrong to someone.

youre the one that added me in msn ages ago, and randomly proclaims your love for me every three months or so

This I do for my own enjoyment.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Not ONCE have I EVER seen you admit you're wrong to someone.

This I do for my own enjoyment.

you havent looked hard. i may not say OH MY GOD IM WRONG YOURE SO RIGHT!!!!!!11 but ive made e-gestures, admitted it, and apologized. the problem is finding someone i dont dislike enough to actually say it to ;)

as for your enjoyment of that... well then :|

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I enjoy it because it freaks you out.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 04:56 PM
I enjoy it because it freaks you out.

it doesnt freak me out :| i got emarried to a guy ffs
yes. ill admit that.

Diamond Dee
06-20-2005, 09:13 PM
if anything you said ever actually mattered, or was truthful, id take that seriously. really.

i dont talk to you. ever. i dont associate with you. ever. in fact i rarely even talk to you on this board. no one here could match my wits :rolleyes: never mind my e-wits, besides diamond dee.
I'm saving this shizzy. :p

original_prankster
06-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I've seen it. I liked it, but it was a bit overdrawn. Especially it's beginning.

arak0r
06-20-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm saving this shizzy. :p

:P

Almighy_gir
06-20-2005, 10:30 PM
personally i think it, along with most of green days newer bollox, is a bit shit. and the performance (if it can be called that), at the bowl on saturday only fortified that fact >_>

green day and their fans will never admit to it, but they sound too fucking tame, and in general, seem more interested in making money, than making music. where the offspring are getting too old, green day are sounding it.

oh, and motley crue on sunday, owned all over green day >_>
thus proving that age means nothing when true quality performers and music are involved.

Diamond Dee
06-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Damn some of you people are ignorant. Music is all a matter of taste. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the band is shitty, old, sellouts, whatever. Green Day won best rock album of the year. They must be doing something right.

I've seen Green Day and the Offspring 5 times each. I've never seen Green Day perform badly. They've always been amazing. I can't say the same for the Offspring.

Almighy_gir
06-21-2005, 08:17 AM
care to throw the name of the sponsor which gave them best rock album of the year? especially considdering they arent even "rock" >_>

livingdeadgirl
06-21-2005, 08:17 AM
songs is amazing...... im still deciding about the video.

foxy
06-21-2005, 08:52 AM
good song
crap video to much yacking not enough singing

The-Offspring-RuLe
06-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Good song, but the video concept isnt really that good, should show more of the band

livingdeadgirl
06-21-2005, 08:59 AM
i dont get the story of the songs video.

foxy
06-21-2005, 09:07 AM
i dont get the story of the songs video.

2 lovers that are really close he promises they will never be apart
he joins they army she gets pissed with him coz she thinks hes gonna die
she get worried when he get attacked

livingdeadgirl
06-21-2005, 09:18 AM
......*sigh*......... wake me up when semtember ends.

Diamond Dee
06-21-2005, 09:29 AM
care to throw the name of the sponsor which gave them best rock album of the year? especially considdering they arent even "rock" >_>
They won it at the Grammy's so I'm not sure what sponsor you are talking about. In a generalized category they are considered rock.

billiejoe87
07-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Damn some of you people are ignorant. Music is all a matter of taste. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the band is shitty, old, sellouts, whatever. Green Day won best rock album of the year. They must be doing something right.

I've seen Green Day and the Offspring 5 times each. I've never seen Green Day perform badly. They've always been amazing. I can't say the same for the Offspring.

So right. I've seen them both live, and I remember coming out of The offspring concert saying most of it was good, but they barely spoke and Original Prankster and a few other songs sounded terrible. It made me think that, that is what you expect at a live show. Well I was proven wrong from none other than Avril Lavigne and then again by Green day who put on by far the best show of the lot.

I'm not saying Offspring were bad, I enjoyed them, and there will always be a place for them considering it was the first gig I ever went to, however (and everyone who has seen both Green day and Offspring live will probably agree) Green day is so much better live, they put Offspring to shame. Billie Joe's Hey Oh's really make Green day's concerts incredible.

barangatang
07-05-2005, 12:21 AM
both the video and the song suck

0r4ng3
07-05-2005, 04:14 AM
Wasn't this in the Other Bands section?

To barangatang: Hey! The song does not suck. The video does, however