PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Offspring?

ash1o182
06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey guys!

I'm interning for Fanscape records out in California and that basically means I'm interning the Vans Warped Tour. I'm sure tons of you will be out there at the Warped Tour and wouldn't mind asking the Offspring a few questions. In a couple days, I'm going to be interviewing the band and I want to ask them some questions directly from their fans. Send me any questions that you're dying to know about the Offspring and I'll make sure I ask them. The interview will then be posted on the Warped Tour newsletter so you can check it out and learn some more about the band!

- Ashley

Brines
06-20-2005, 01:08 PM
What advice would you give for an aspiring rockstar?

Jinger Joe
06-20-2005, 02:55 PM
what is the square root of 2?

SkunkIt
06-20-2005, 04:07 PM
The square root of 2 is 4. If not, that's why i'm bad at math.

Ask Greg where he got that great dance. :D

panzor41
06-20-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm just learning guitar, what songs of yours would be easyiest to start out playing?

panzor41
06-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Heres a good one : Jessica Simpson or Noodles? lol

sumrandumpunk
06-20-2005, 05:21 PM
How about what's the theme of These Kids Aren't Alright [that you guys meant for it] because I've seen so many people coming to their own assumptions on the song. I guess even better where was your inspiration for Can't Repeat? <- thats my question. That song ROCKS! It's my 2nd favorite to Green Day's Good Riddance

Tired_Of_You
06-20-2005, 05:31 PM
I guess even better where was your inspiration for Can't Repeat? <- thats my question.Yeah. What Can't Repeat lyrics mean?

There were a lot of threads about that when it came out.

southpaw
06-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Questions

Why did you leave epitaph to go to columbia records?

Was there any turmoil when Ron Welty left the band?

How come the offpring does not put out records from there own label?

How has you style changed or progressed since putting out albums like Ignition or self titled?

Do you still consider yourselves a punkrock band?

KickedDown
06-21-2005, 10:58 PM
What songs were left off the GH album that they really wanted to put on there?

Brian Fellows
06-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Why The Hell Arent You Guys Playing Warped In Calgary!!!!!

offspring kid
06-22-2005, 02:01 AM
hey plz ask this one its important:

did Josh Freese played drums on cant repeat ??? cause thats what it says on the Greatest Hits Booklet

Dexter_H
06-22-2005, 04:30 AM
The square root of 2 is 4. If not, that's why i'm bad at math.

Ask Greg where he got that great dance. :D

The square root of 2 is approx. 1.414. 4 is 2 squared.

implode
06-22-2005, 11:10 AM
How come you didn't/can't do encores at Warped? How come Warped allows so little time for headline acts on these tours like The Offspring?

I know some (ALL?) of the stages don't have lights and things have to get done before dark. However the brief timespan was only enough to get in 10 songs. Its kinda of like beer tasting, Warped was a little sample of everything.

lila_gr
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
well,i have another question for you guys!are offspring EVER coming in greece? :confused: ...you know there are lots of crazy fans here, like me, who are just dying to see you performing live!!plz, could something be done about this?plz, plz, plz!! we absolutely adore you guys, and you do nothing about it.... :( it's just sad...thanks....

BuddyHolly
06-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Questions

How has you style changed or progressed since putting out albums like Ignition or self titled?

Those questions have been asked million times before. And they won't even answer the question about leaving Epitaph anymore (and they're right about that).

southpaw
06-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Those questions have been asked million times before. And they won't even answer the question about leaving Epitaph anymore (and they're right about that).

If they have been aked a million times before, you must know the answer. Do tell!
Granted they might not answer any of those questions....however,

Ashley was asking what questions she could ask. I simply gave her questions I am curious about myself.

Should I be asking about what there favorite colors are or anything else ridiculousy stupid about there personal lives?

KickedDown
06-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Any question you could ask they've probably heard a million times before...

I would just ask them what kind of aproach are they taking to their futures as far as the band goes?

What influences them today that didn't influence them when they first started, or even a few years ago?

If they could do it over, what would they change?

rowan187
06-24-2005, 01:37 PM
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH OFFSPRING AND AFI?

im still curious, i love both bands and i dont see why they just, stop

implode
06-24-2005, 03:01 PM
What influences them today that didn't influence them when they first started, or even a few years ago?

They made a comment at STL interview they liked greenday and some other band I don't remember (I hadn't heard of them).

Brines
06-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Here's another.

What's Higgin's official job? Is he a member of the band? Does he do anything other than tour with you guys?

calmallamadown
06-24-2005, 05:00 PM
^^^ yeah, thats a good question, i wondered that :confused:

DexterWannabe
06-26-2005, 04:59 AM
ask dexter this: is it true that he hit linda rosing at Swedish Music awards?

BuddyHolly
06-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Do they listen to their own albums?

southpaw
06-28-2005, 12:59 PM
The ones that are married in the band...how come you never see them with wedding rings?

Its probably too personal to ask, but has anyone else noticed that?

BuddyHolly
06-28-2005, 01:00 PM
I've got a poster with Dexter and Noodles in front and you can clearly see their weddingrings.

southpaw
06-28-2005, 11:08 PM
I've got a poster with Dexter and Noodles in front and you can clearly see their weddingrings.

Do you always have a smart ass remark for everything.

I saw them live not even 2 weeks ago and talked to noodles...and have pics....no rings.

The dual disc dvd.....no rings

BuddyHolly
06-29-2005, 11:25 AM
I've got this poster
\/
\/
\/

http://www.theoffspring.com/images/store/fisheye.jpg

and what do you see now? :rolleyes:

Tired_Of_You
06-29-2005, 11:35 AM
I have the same poster. Maybe they don't wear them during the Warped Tour in case they lost them. Meh, I don't know.

southpaw
06-29-2005, 11:45 AM
I've got this poster
\/
\/
\/

http://www.theoffspring.com/images/store/fisheye.jpg

and what do you see now? :rolleyes:

That is one poster......i was questioning for a few things....just because there are wearing them on one poster doesn't mean they are wearing them all the time.

BuddyHolly
06-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Questions

They left Epitaph because Brett was selling out.

There wasn't a turmoil when Ron left. He just wanted to put more time into his new band. The rest of the band and Ron are still friends.

Nitro isn't their label. It's Dexters label and he just wants to keep the band and Nitro seperated.

They just wanted to trie some different things in their music to keep it fun for them to play. Noodles also said that's it too difficult to write songs with the same 3 chords over and over again and still make them sound great.

They don't consider themselves a punkrock band, they consider themselves a rockband.

Edit:

The ones that are married in the band...how come you never see them with wedding rings?

so you asked: how come you NEVER see them with wedding rings... i just proved that I've seen em with wedding rings :rolleyes:

southpaw
06-29-2005, 02:21 PM

There wasn't a turmoil when Ron left. He just wanted to put more time into his new band. The rest of the band and Ron are still friends.

Nitro isn't their label. It's Dexters label and he just wants to keep the band and Nitro seperated.

They just wanted to trie some different things in their music to keep it fun for them to play. Noodles also said that's it too difficult to write songs with the same 3 chords over and over again and still make them sound great.

They don't consider themselves a punkrock band, they consider themselves a rockband.

Edit:

so you asked: how come you NEVER see them with wedding rings... i just proved that I've seen em with wedding rings :rolleyes:

WOW you must have nothing better to do than be offspring's official spokes person.

I suppose if i had all of the time in the world to sit on the internet, i would know all of this stuff too.

If you know that much about a band...you have way to much free time.

And excuse me if i have never seen that poster....i do have better things to do than sit here compare and contrast posters, intervies and other random crap.

southpaw
06-29-2005, 02:26 PM

Edit:

WOW you must have nothing better to do than be offspring's official spokes person.

I suppose if i had all of the time in the world to sit on the internet, i would know all of this stuff too.

If you know that much about a band...you have way to much free time.

And excuse me if i have never seen that poster....i do have better things to do than sit here compare and contrast posters, intervies and other random crap.

If i was 19, unemployed.....and had nothing better to do...i would know all of this.
However....back to the arguement that THESE QUESTIONS ARE NOT FOR YOU>>>THEY ARE FOR THE PERSON THAT STARTED THIS FORUM>>>WHO MADE YOU DEXTER HOLLAND or ANY REPRESENTITIVE OF THE OFFSPRING

RobinoZombie
06-29-2005, 02:32 PM
if noodles ever did get to meet that wasted chick that was looking at him during the entire Want you bad song.

...No seriously i dont have any good suggestions,

maybe who would they been if they were casted to do a new seinfeld type of show?

BuddyHolly
06-29-2005, 02:35 PM
If they have been aked a million times before, you must know the answer. Do tell!

and so i did, you dickhead... and fuck your pm, i just did what you asked for so stop whining (and who's an asshole afterall?)

and i'm not that much on the internet, i've just got a pretty good memory i guess

Nirushika6789
06-29-2005, 04:53 PM
:p hi
i knew noodles was married but i didnt have a clue about dexter lol

can u imagine the wedding photos?? lol

rocketman
06-29-2005, 08:23 PM
ok heres a question:

what is your stand on downloading music off the internet?

AlphaDrake
06-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Why The Hell Arent You Guys Playing Warped In Calgary!!!!!
amen, also, ask what gone away is about, if he doenst answer then thats ok