11-09-2004, 10:29 PM
yeah, i agree, he's one of my favorites. others:
dickey barret
johnny rotten
dave quackenbush
mike ness

Dexterina
11-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Dexter's voice is the best one out there in my opinion. A few people give me shit when I say that though because they reckon Dex's got an 'annoying' voice but thats absolute bullshit though its so like, unique. There are so many voices out there that sound the same. Keep rocking Dexter !!!! :) :D

pie.
11-10-2004, 01:02 AM
its ok, but not really flexible in terms of style.

Ezz
11-10-2004, 02:32 AM
i agree with pie, but it's still unique and thats what i like about it

Zee
11-10-2004, 06:30 AM
He's developed a lot from Smash era, and these days he's definitely one of the best singers out there in my opinion. Well, he's the best, clearly. It's just so unique indeed, Offspring's trademark.

Lithuanian Offspring
11-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Dexter's voice is very unique. And it is my favorite. Others would be:
Fat Mike
Anthony Kiedis (Is voice is soothing)
Davey Havok (THough he is sort of gay, his voice is incredible)
Justin Sane
The guy from 1208 don't know his name.

Special Delivery BR.
11-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Dexter is fantastic =P his voice is amazed, fuckin great.. i love it....... N its hard to sing like him, . he sings in a different tom, more agude... Hes uniqye :D

Dex RoX!

CommonRider
11-10-2004, 02:49 PM
true his voice isnt too flexible, like Billie Joe who can sing Time of Your Life and then go sing American Idiot, but Dexter's vocals are unique and awesome, no one can mtach them, I think Hit That really showed off his vocal skills, one of the reasons that song rocks.

Nrk
11-10-2004, 02:57 PM
I agree, a very unique voice. pretty high as well, but fucking awesome, can't say i know a singer with a better voice.

punkangel
11-10-2004, 02:59 PM
I know I sound dumb...But has anyone heard him talk...not sing!

scream
11-10-2004, 03:59 PM
i always read that a lot of production goes into "fixing up" dex's voice on CDs. when they play live i doubt theres any "fixing up" b/c dex's voice still sounds badass.

offspringbaby2004
11-10-2004, 04:09 PM
I know! Its rocks so much! :):) GO DEXTER!

~MANDY~

Sketch
11-10-2004, 04:11 PM
I know I sound dumb...But has anyone heard him talk...not sing!

I've heard him talk. hes got a real nice soothing voice. very pleasant. and i always love when he screams(if you can call it screaming) in his songs. for example, Cant get my head around you, gone away, total immortal , and so on...

SeanAshmore
11-10-2004, 04:29 PM
true his voice isnt too flexible, like Billie Joe who can sing Time of Your Life and then go sing American Idiot, but Dexter's vocals are unique and awesome, no one can mtach them, I think Hit That really showed off his vocal skills, one of the reasons that song rocks.

If you think about it, Billie Joe's voice only suits greenday, he may be able to do stuff like time of your life then go do american idiot but neither of them are that differant vocally. Both of them are very easy goin in terms of punk music. billie joes voice suits greenday in the same way dexters voice suits the offspring. Dexter beats the shit outta billie joe for vocals i think even if both of them are equally unique.

vintagepunkrock7
11-11-2004, 12:09 AM
forget dexter i wanna hear more noodles singin lol. just kidding (kind of). but yes, his voice is very awesome, unique, yes. his voice just amazes me everytime i hear it, i think its beautiful. people keep saying he isnt very flexible with his voice, but i would have to disagree, i mean he doesnt show it off too much in offspring songs, but i think there is alot of potential there.

MirandaV
11-11-2004, 06:18 AM
Yeah his voice is unique,
all other little punkbands got the same voice and thats so boring.

too_close_to_see
11-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Unique, but i find his vocals a bit too boring.

Horse
11-11-2004, 06:24 AM
dexter's voice shits me! only coz when ur tryin to do a cover of an offspring song u cant get ne1 to sound nething lyk him or newher near as good n it just not the same.. i think evry1 who luves the offspring luves dexters voice..
cept i rekon the best voice of all tym belongs to freddie mercury from queen, that kid was a freak..

offspringueuse
11-11-2004, 08:07 AM
yeah!! me too l love his voice