PDA

View Full Version : I can do this, I swear to god..

Manic subsidal
06-21-2005, 10:34 AM
If somebody ripps Next to you, I AM NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO IT. I'm going to wait until I get the god damn GH. Please nobody put up a link for the song because I can't control myself :(

seriously, wait until you get the GH guys.

killer_queen
06-21-2005, 10:41 AM
If somebody ripps Next to you, I AM NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO IT. I'm going to wait until I get the god damn GH. Please nobody put up a link for the song because I can't control myself :(

yeah sure. i said the same thing for mission from god. even i don't have punkorama 10 i've already listened it.

Preecey
06-21-2005, 10:48 AM

#appears at his left shoulder in red# Go on...you know you want to! You'll be so much more complete! What's the harm? Are you scared? I bet you are. Wussy,wussy,wuss...

Manic subsidal
06-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Listening to a Next to you before I have the GH album is a weapon
It's like a drug
It gets me right into that grave that I just dug

I'm saying
I'm on the run
I'm chasing guys for fun

haha just kidding..

Venom Symbiote
06-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Great track.

Don't wait. ;)

IdiotOfTheDay
06-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Don't worry, I'm waiting too.
Then again, I'll have it within the next few hours, because me and my friend are meeting up and going to the mall to buy GH, but I'm still waiting.
We should stop referring to it as GH though...because that reminds me of soap operas...you know, because GH stands for General Hospital? And the Offspring are anything but a soap opera.

Obie2trice
06-21-2005, 02:25 PM
I`m waiting too, 3 more days

Jack the Tripper
06-21-2005, 02:33 PM
And, Im not saying, but if I was saying, Id say that you just might find something extra on the CD too. Like songwise. But Im not saying.

Brines
06-21-2005, 02:45 PM
You're so witty.

Manic subsidal
06-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Wow... I actually waited it out. Man it felt like constipation. Anyways yeah, I got the gh:dd finally today. I pre-ordered it at Amazon.com and it took them like what? almost 2 weeks to ship it here? The only reason why I got it off amazon is because I got a $10 gc for amazon products only.

So when I get the cd in the mail, I started to skip around in joy like a little girl. I shouldn't of done that because one of my neighbors is a child molester and he was looking at me. Haha seems funny but it's actually really serious and creepy. What a fucked up place I live in. Anyways, I love it when I get a new Offspring album. I guess I just get happy as hell. Ha I remember when I first got Ignition when I was a little kid. I secretely bought the album at a music store without my parents knowing and I hid in my room, opening it up and I was giggling and shit. Even though this time, It was is just a greatest hits offspring cd, I still felt the same. The same ol "omg offspring album! yay! I just creamed my pants oops" way.

I watched the dvd side first and THE MAIN MENU IS SO AWESOME. I could seriously just watch it all day... or maybe just an hour, but still. The smash videos are definitely my favorite. Behind the songs with Dexter and Noodles was cool too, a lot of the stuff was hillarious. I still get irritated by the constant use of Dexter's word if any of you remember my old topic and stuff. Anyways, the acoustic version of dirty magic is awesome. They really need to make just an acoustic album of some of their songs. After the dvd, I listened to the Next to you cover. I don't know, I thought it was ok but it wasn't the usual "KICK ASS SONG!" offspring-type of thing you know. Maybe the more I listen to it, the more it'll grow on me.

Well that's all. Thanks for reading my little super offspring adventure story :cool: I'm going to stuff my face with some hamburgers now...

Venom Symbiote
06-27-2005, 09:00 PM
"Next To You" is pretty cool.

I love the vocals, they really stand out. And the little bridge riff thing about 2/3 of the way though.

It sounds kinda...100 Punks-y, Conspiracy-era. Or something.

Manic subsidal
06-27-2005, 09:04 PM
And the little bridge riff thing about 2/3 of the way though.

Yeah the bridge was definitely something I thought was awesome about the song. When the music stops and it's just Dexter singing, his voice kind of bothered me. Like it was a little annoying. Don't know, maybe it's just my speakers...

edit: yeah I just listened to the song again and I gotta say, I like it a lot better than I did before. I have a question though, did offspring play everything the exact same that was in the original police version of the song? Like did noodles add in some cool riff that the police didn't have in their song? I just think it's fun to do whatever when you're playing a cover. It doesn't have to be the exact same. I guess I'll listen to the police version and see if there's any little different things.

original_prankster
06-27-2005, 09:31 PM
I liked Next To You. 'Twas catchy. It is now stuck in my head...

I think I'll get the original version and compare Offspring's cover to Police's original. :p

Venom Symbiote
06-27-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I've heard the original many a time before, but can't find it on MP3.

Does anyone have a direct link to it? Like, one that doesn't require anyone to download Kazaa or BitTorrent or other such shit? :confused:

I'd like that.

Manic subsidal
06-27-2005, 09:51 PM
I only found a site that allows streaming of the songs. It's called www.cdzinc.com

It has a crap load of bands and their albums that you can listen to. Quality is alright. The only problem is you gotta stream the song, no downloading allowed (ha I think that site would be illegal if you could download).

FFX-ME
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
there is already a link for it, its on the rarity and b-sides site

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Wow... I actually waited it out. Man it felt like constipation. Anyways yeah, I got the gh:dd finally today. I pre-ordered it at Amazon.com and it took them like what? almost 2 weeks to ship it here? The only reason why I got it off amazon is because I got a $10 gc for amazon products only.

So when I get the cd in the mail, I started to skip around in joy like a little girl. I shouldn't of done that because one of my neighbors is a child molester and he was looking at me. Haha seems funny but it's actually really serious and creepy. What a fucked up place I live in. Anyways, I love it when I get a new Offspring album. I guess I just get happy as hell. Ha I remember when I first got Ignition when I was a little kid. I secretely bought the album at a music store without my parents knowing and I hid in my room, opening it up and I was giggling and shit. Even though this time, It was is just a greatest hits offspring cd, I still felt the same. The same ol "omg offspring album! yay! I just creamed my pants oops" way.

I watched the dvd side first and THE MAIN MENU IS SO AWESOME. I could seriously just watch it all day... or maybe just an hour, but still. The smash videos are definitely my favorite. Behind the songs with Dexter and Noodles was cool too, a lot of the stuff was hillarious. I still get irritated by the constant use of Dexter's word if any of you remember my old topic and stuff. Anyways, the acoustic version of dirty magic is awesome. They really need to make just an acoustic album of some of their songs. After the dvd, I listened to the Next to you cover. I don't know, I thought it was ok but it wasn't the usual "KICK ASS SONG!" offspring-type of thing you know. Maybe the more I listen to it, the more it'll grow on me.

Well that's all. Thanks for reading my little super offspring adventure story :cool: I'm going to stuff my face with some hamburgers now...

You remind me of me.

Conspiracy of One
07-27-2005, 06:55 PM

I think i should get a link............. :rolleyes:

Manic subsidal
07-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Dude this topic is old, stop replying everyone. I bought the GH and listened to it like a month ago. Geez... Cheez whiz!!

Conspiracy of One
07-27-2005, 07:52 PM
lol...............dammit! Well tell the mods to close this thread then

SMASH0390
07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
at first i was like wth..ok its old idk how this happend