PDA

View Full Version : Greeting From Dexter

Orange County
06-21-2005, 01:07 PM
www.offspring.com

Greeting From Dexter
(06/21/05) Hey there, everyone. Well today is the day that our Greatest Hits record comes out and Im super stoked about it. In fact Im so stoked that I just had to send you all a message giving you all the lowdown on everything thats on it, cause its a lot!

First off, I cant believe we even have a Greatest Hits record coming out at all. It seems like we just started putting out records yesterday and yet here we are, seven records deep! Weve been lucky enough to have a lot of songs from each record that people have heard on the radio, or MTV, or from seeing us live on tour, or whatnot. So about a year ago we decided, what the hell? Weve got enough singles to put out a Greatest Hits record, so why not do it?

Actually, thats one of the things that folks say when they see us live, is Damn, I didnt know you guys had so many songs I knew! Yes, they really say damn. So were proud to put this record out, cause its not like just a couple songs you know and then a bunch of songs wed like you to get to know its pretty solid. Check out the sequence on this CD:

1) Cant Repeat
2) Come Out and Play (Keep em Separated)
3) Self Esteem
4) Gotta Get Away
5) All I Want
6) Gone Away
7) Pretty Fly
8) Why Dont You Get A Job?
9) The Kids Arent Alright
10) Original Prankster
11) Want You Bad
12) Defy You
13) Hit That
14) (Cant Get My) Head Around You

So there you go. Fourteen songs you probably know. And, Im not saying, but if I was saying, Id say that you just might find something extra on the CD too. Like songwise. But Im not saying.

But thats not all! I know, I feel like a Ronco commercial right now, but I want to make sure everyone knows whats up with this record, cause its pretty cool.

The new thing right now is DualDisc. Thats where you put out a CD which is just a regular old CD on one side, but if you flip it over, the other side is a DVD. Just put it in your DVD player and bam, its like you got two things. So were also putting Greatest Hits out as a DualDisc. Well, we wanted to do something kind of special for you guys out there buying this record, cause we know some of you already have a lot of these songs. So Noodles and I decided to sit down one day on camera with acoustic guitars and just sit around, telling our stories about a lot of these songs, where they came from, what was going on with us at the time, you know. Like a fireplace chat with Noodles and Dexter. It was actually a lot of fun and I think people will dig hearing some of the weird stories about how our songs were written.

After that, just for shits and giggles, Noodles and I decided to play a song on acoustic guitars. We did a song called Dirty Magic, which is one of our favorite songs off of a record we did called Ignition. It sounds cool doing it acoustic style, and we thought it would be a nice touch on the DVD side.

Well there it is. So this CD not only has the Greatest Hits, plus our new single Cant Repeat, but with the DualDisc, its also got a DVD side that has story time with me and Noodles and an acoustic version of Dirty Magic. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, if you have a surround sound system on your DVD player you can play the whole DualDisc in 5.1 surround sound, which is all crazy and really cool sounding. Man, thats a lot of stuff. We should be selling this thing for like 50 bucks!

No, just kidding. Were just proud to be putting this thing out and we hope you guys dig it. And its out today, so pick it up, dudes.

Later,

Dexter

offspring kid
06-21-2005, 01:11 PM
i bet i read it before you

killer_queen
06-21-2005, 01:23 PM
sometimes i think dexter is not natural, he's one of those stars whose all words are lie.

offspring kid
06-21-2005, 01:27 PM
sometimes i think dexter is not natural, he's one of those stars whose all words are lie.

what is lie in that ??

killer_queen
06-21-2005, 01:30 PM
i didn't mean this writing. but you know i'm not sure that they decided to release a greatest hits. i still think columbia forced them.

offspring kid
06-21-2005, 01:34 PM
i didn't mean this writing. but you know i'm not sure that they decided to release a greatest hits. i still think columbia forced them.

ok no offense but think 7 ALBUMS :eek: they are much if you think of it as albums,not with the intention that its just an ordinary 7 digit which is smaller then 8 and bigger then 6

Preecey
06-21-2005, 01:35 PM
So? Sounds good to me. I highly doubt that they keep the Offspring cooped up in a dungeon somewhere, with ball and chain lol.

killer_queen
06-21-2005, 01:36 PM
ok, you're right but my point isn't this. i mean dexter isn't like noodles, he's not natural like him.

offspring kid
06-21-2005, 01:48 PM
hey Dont get me wrong here but if people would be the same they would be claimed >>CLONES<<

killer_queen
06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
hey Dont get me wrong here but if people would be the same they would be claimed >>CLONES<<
okay, you're right, but i'm not saying i want dexter to be like noodles. i wish he was not i don't know, affected. i know he's not affected but sometimes... ahh forget it, i guess it's just me. i was the one who was saying "dexter is perfect, i love him". he's perfect.

Amazed
06-21-2005, 02:00 PM
I like Dexter more than Noodles. Noodles is weird :p

Obie2trice
06-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Good read, definetly gonna buy this cd

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Well arent you special. Posting something from the news page that we can all read off the main page of this site!!

Jack the Tripper
06-21-2005, 02:32 PM
I just got done reading that on the mainpage. I think it's awesome.

Ben-Wah-Balls
06-21-2005, 02:35 PM
I just got done reading that on the mainpage. I think it's awesome.
it's awsome but very long
i can't even say that much in an hour

Jack the Tripper
06-21-2005, 02:40 PM
There's this too

The Offsprings Greatest Hits collection is about to be released at a store near
you. The collection features all of the bands major hits plus Cant Repeat,
their brand-new single. Here are the worldwide release dates...

Tuesday, June 21
USA & Canada

Monday, June 27
Continental Europe, Australia,
Latin America & Asia

Tuesday, June 28
Japan

Monday, July 4
United Kingdom

Tired_Of_You
06-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Well arent you special. Posting something from the news page that we can all read off the main page of this site!!He posted that so people can discuss. It's also for the people who don't go or rarely go to the main page like me. Without this thread I wouldn't know what Dexter wrote.

offspring_freak_3
06-22-2005, 12:19 AM
I like Dexter more than Noodles. Noodles is weird :p

thats not the point

dexterisMYman
06-22-2005, 12:24 AM
no actually there was a radio interview w/ dexter on the USC radio station and he said they where thinking about a gh's. plus if columbia forced them 2 do nething they wouldn't have resigned w/ them.

Punk_Conspiracy
06-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Well arent you special. Posting something from the news page that we can all read off the main page of this site!!

And aren't you fucking special, using the same avatar as three to four other people have selected. You must be feeling pretty fucking original right now.

gortesque
06-22-2005, 02:49 AM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iice

neocon58
06-22-2005, 02:55 AM
And aren't you fucking special, using the same avatar as three to four other people have selected. You must be feeling pretty fucking original right now.

nice pwnage there. :D

Caz
06-22-2005, 04:47 AM
This message from Dex is clearly just a marketing ploy - he doesn't care who he's talking too he just wants people to buy it, so although he said it seems like a commercial, it WAS a commercial. Jesus, the last thing he says is something like 'so go pick it up', along with 'we should be selling this for $50!' - does he think we're stupid?

livingdeadgirl
06-22-2005, 04:48 AM
^ most likely yes.

neocon58
06-22-2005, 04:49 AM
This message from Dex is clearly just a marketing ploy

obviously. at least he put something on the site.

Caz
06-22-2005, 04:54 AM
obviously. at least he put something on the site.

True, and i'm glad he did some personal updating, but i'd rather he wouldn't fuck around so much and just say 'i want you to buy this record' not treat us like idiots, thinking that we're under the illusion that he's being friendly to us or whatever, i'm not sure how much sense that made, but the meaning was there.

Caz
06-22-2005, 05:04 AM
(bummer i'm replying to myself)
...And another thing: All bands do it! why can't they just be genuine, i mean sure they wanna sell their record, but fuck every time a new record comes out its always the same: 'yeah this is definately our best work'. i just wish they'd be genuine for once in a while, treat their fans with some respect and say 'well it's got some decent songs but it's not as good as .......' anyone know what i mean?

neocon58
06-22-2005, 05:15 AM
(bummer i'm replying to myself)
...And another thing: All bands do it! why can't they just be genuine, i mean sure they wanna sell their record, but fuck every time a new record comes out its always the same: 'yeah this is definately our best work'. i just wish they'd be genuine for once in a while, treat their fans with some respect and say 'well it's got some decent songs but it's not as good as .......' anyone know what i mean?

i certainly see where you coming from, however i don't entirely agree.

Caz
06-22-2005, 05:21 AM
i certainly see where you coming from, however i don't entirely agree.
whats your stance on it?

neocon58
06-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Err, I don't know. I guess your right, the more I read it.

At least it's not like dexter hates his fans and only emerges when he advertises something.

Caz
06-22-2005, 06:43 AM
yeah you're right there - i'm sure he has some respect for us as a whole, and he does have the decency to treat us as equals online otherwise, its just things like this which don't help

dexterisMYman
06-22-2005, 06:49 AM
maybe he was drunk or being dumb dexter when he wrote it. making threads like this isnt gonna help w/ nething. i thought it was funny actually. dont take it so seriously have a sense of humor about things ppl.

Italia311
06-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Who gives a shit? you fucking make it sound like you were best pals in highschool and now that hes in a band he wont talk to you. Get your head outa your punk magazine. Welcome to the real world. People want to make money. I happen to like the message. And if you think about it, maybe if he would have done it a little sooner, we wouldn't have had 400 posts about the greatest hits asking retarded questions. This is some clarity on what is actually going to be on it.

Rancid_Guyxxx
06-22-2005, 07:40 AM
Well said.

dexterisMYman
06-22-2005, 07:47 AM
yeah it was.

cathourich
06-22-2005, 08:40 AM
i dont care if columbia house forced them or if they decided to make a greatest hit by themself .. i just know that i'll by this cd for sure im a big fan of offspring n im so happy they make a greatest hit cd... its so cool