PDA

View Full Version : If youve seen Offspring live, how good were they?

DarrellOCguy
06-21-2005, 04:28 PM
I saw them here in Orlando for our Earthday Birthday concert with Puddle of mudd, 3 days grace, Hatebreed, Drowning Pool, Smile Empty Soul and Shinedown. (three days grace and smile empty soul are horrible live btw)

Offspring Were the headliners and they didnt play until 11:30 at night But They played an hour long set with like 15 songs and it just blew me away...I pushed myself Through everyone to get up to the barricade because i had waited all fuckin day just to see them...(it was outdoor in a big fuckin field In the hot ass Florida sun By the way So i was toasted by then). By then when they came on it was dark and cooled down and totally fuckin worth it. It was CD quality, he only screwed up once and that was during Spare Me the Details when he mixed up a few lines. Other than that.......-PERFECTION-

I walked away with my 2003 splinter Tour Shirt and a Sunburn From hell and i was the most satisfied teenager alive.

.........later........

offspring_freak_3
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I saw them here in Orlando for our Earthday Birthday concert with Puddle of mudd, 3 days grace, Hatebreed, Drowning Pool, Smile Empty Soul and Shinedown. (three days grace and smile empty soul are horrible live btw)

Offspring Were the headliners and they didnt play until 11:30 at night But They played an hour long set with like 15 songs and it just blew me away...I pushed myself Through everyone to get up to the barricade because i had waited all fuckin day just to see them...(it was outdoor in a big fuckin field In the hot ass Florida sun By the way So i was toasted by then). By then when they came on it was dark and cooled down and totally fuckin worth it. It was CD quality, he only screwed up once and that was during Spare Me the Details when he mixed up a few lines. Other than that.......-PERFECTION-

I walked away with my 2003 splinter Tour Shirt and a Sunburn From hell and i was the most satisfied teenager alive.

.........later........

it wanted to be in your place :D

they played can´t repeat?

DarrellOCguy
06-21-2005, 04:48 PM
No it was during the splinter tour 2003..

leo3375
06-21-2005, 09:45 PM
They put on a fun live show. It's crazy, it's insane and each time I've seen them has been unforgettable. The onstage banter can be quite hilarious.

KickedDown
06-21-2005, 10:48 PM
I saw them at Livestock in '01 in Tampa, Florida. They were absolutely amazing! Their playlist was huge:

Bad Habit
All I Want
Come Out & Play
Million Miles Away
Special Delivery
Gone Away
Have You Ever
Gotta Get Away
Original Prankster
Intermission (Complete with a fat guy in a diaper)
Why don't you get a job
Staring at the Sun
The Kids aren't Alright
Pretty Fly
Want You Bad
Self Esteem

Those are all in order too because the day after the show they put a pic of the setlist up on the website in the photo section.

I also saw them last year at livestock again - another amazing show. Offspring never fail to kick ass.

dexterisMYman
06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
all im saying is that they were REALLY FUCKIN AWSOME.

Camilamazed
06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Well.... I've seen them 4 times. Seeing them live is fucking good. :D

Only the ones who saw them like me, know how I feel ;)

Black Dragon
07-21-2005, 02:21 PM
From 1 to 10. They are a 50 when they play live
FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

NDM1
07-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Ah you guys are really exciting me. Im seeing them in 2 DAYS! Ah i cant wait to see them, the only bad part is its at warped tour (obviously) so it is gonna be short, but is till cant wait.

dirty_magic
07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
fucking good live

Nrk
07-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah they're good live. They've become better live actually since Adam joined them. I saw them in 2001 with ron, they weren't as good as 2004 with adam.

Apathy
07-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Some people suck live, but the offspring sound just as good if not better live. They really need a live Cd.

jovidexter4life
07-21-2005, 07:47 PM
just saw them on the warped tour when they start with all i want o shit its nuts awesome song to open with

TMDGJ
07-21-2005, 08:52 PM
I Saw them once in Swden in 2004. Okay, it was a small concert but man did they rock. I have never jumped around that much ever. The Offspring truly are the gods when it comes to music and they realy are wonderful live. Im hoping for a visit here next year too. Even if Sweden is a smalla country. We like Offspring too ya know :P

platinumpt
07-22-2005, 02:42 AM
The Offspring live are great, they put a hell of a show!!!! And the moshpit is great, the crowd really goes wild. I can't wait to see them again, even if it has to be far away from home...

Talman
07-22-2005, 05:10 AM
Yeah they're good live. They've become better live actually since Adam joined them. I saw them in 2001 with ron, they weren't as good as 2004 with adam.

Ummmm, his name's Atom, not Adam.

RobinoZombie
07-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Well, uhm its like a rollercoaster, or a good night drinking out, sometimes you are happy sometimes you get sad...ok Recap

Co1 tour, Sweden 2001:+++++
Awesome show, first "real" concert experience,
Alot of kick ass songs from co1 and dirty magic, what can compete with that?

Splinter tour, Sweden 2004: ++
uhm, really dissapointing, partly cause i had too big expectations, sure its always amazing and really fun too se your favorite band play live, but this was a reall dissapointment, lack of energy, lack of crowd(1400/2900)

Festival tour, Leeds 2004: +++++
Oh, man this blew me away, they proved what i wanted them too prove, that the fling in sweden was just a short letdown, and they still kick ass live

Marit
07-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Splinter tour, Sweden 2004: ++
uhm, really dissapointing, partly cause i had too big expectations, sure its always amazing and really fun too se your favorite band play live, but this was a reall dissapointment, lack of energy, lack of crowd(1400/2900)

This was pretty much the case when I saw them in Norway in 2001 as well, very disappointing experience, and although high expectancies was part of it, I was not the only one who felt like this, they got very bad reviews... The whole show was pure rutine, like they were just doing their job, nothing more (or less).

Idiot
07-22-2005, 06:41 AM
I saw them at Wembley, London, March 2004

The show was fucking awesome.

Unnatural Disaster
07-22-2005, 06:43 AM
I saw them in Atlanta last year. They were pretty good. During Bad Habit they asked the crowd if they could help him say the Stupid Dumbshit Goddamn Motherfucker part.

Also there was some drunk guy who climbed a light pole and hung there hanging on with only one arm. And Dexter was like, "Hey look at that drunk guy up there! It reminds me of a song....
So then he played The Worst Hangover Ever

winstano
07-22-2005, 07:48 AM
I've never seen them headline a show, but I saw them at Leeds Festival last year, and they were fucking awesome. I'd waited for about 7 years to see them and they were just... Incredible!

Popcorn and Marshmallows fired out of giant cannons at the crowd towards the end of the set, perfect versions of an awesome set... Just everything I could have wished for (Apart from MMA, which was missing)...

And yes, I cried a bit during Gone Away... *Pussy*... Just meant so much to me hearing it live... Became a sort of comfort when my Uncle died, and it was just a great release...

I *might* be going to see them in London in September, depends if I get a ticket off ebay. (I sent a letter into Kerrang about how pissed off I was about the tour, but then I got the greatest hits album to add to all the others and re-fell in love with the band)...

offy
07-22-2005, 09:13 AM
One word:

Am-azing!

Aimeht
07-22-2005, 09:27 AM
First time I saw them (in Gothenburg) it was really awesome. I will never forget about it. At that time I haven't been a big fan for so long.
Second time (in Stockholm) was the best. They played all my favourite songs and I loved it. They kicked ass, even though they got bad reviews.
Third time (in Stockholm) was a great show, but it was not as good as the previous concert. That was when they released Splinter.

notoriousdoc
07-22-2005, 09:32 AM
They were prety good when I saw them last in 2004 at Wembley. The sound wasn't great though

dain84
07-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Ummmm, his name's Atom, not Adam.
ummmm, his real name's Adam, not Atom.

dextermyideal
07-22-2005, 10:40 AM
I've seen them 4 times.

Miss, you're too lucky!
i'm...so jealous!

i've never seen them in live, but i'm sure they CAN'T be bad!

RobinoZombie
07-22-2005, 11:03 AM
This was pretty much the case when I saw them in Norway in 2001 as well, very disappointing experience, and although high expectancies was part of it, I was not the only one who felt like this, they got very bad reviews... The whole show was pure rutine, like they were just doing their job, nothing more (or less).

Uhm ok thats too bad, i think they where at their live peak between 97-01
but the sweden gig in 2001 was brilliant:
hey aihmet? what songs did they play at liseberg?

nameless
07-22-2005, 11:31 AM
ive seen them twice, once in 2001 and once in 2004, the main difference i noticed was in 2001 they kinda seemed like the big rock stars but in 2004 they was kinda less of a divide between band and crowd if you know what i mean!

NEOCON99
07-25-2005, 11:56 PM
First time i saw them was last year, on tucson az, they headlined a radio festival. it was fucking awesome, I had to wait 7 years to see them live.

The second time, this years warped tour in Phoenix, hot as hell, (they played at 2:30) but really good to.

thecavedog
07-26-2005, 04:30 AM
I saw them on the 26th of September 2004 2 days after my birthday. It was the best birthday of my life!!! They played 22 songs (including Neocon) and it was amazing! Dexter also did the sing along thing with us on Bad Habit.

Dexter even said it's so great in SA that they can be back in Cape Town in a week - 2 days to LA, a few days of rest and 2 back. hehe. The crowd loved it! Noodles commented on one of our SA beers as well. There was a guy who jumped on the stage, but was tackled off really fast - hilarious!

Before the show there where like a hundred girls flashing the tv cameras - heaven. There was a competition between Johannesburg and Cape Town on witch city had the most flashing girls, Cape Town won, yeah!!!

The show was really energy packed. I never stopped jumping around and singing along - as was everybody else. Awesome stuff!

neocon58
07-26-2005, 05:29 AM
IMO the best live band in the popular-punk genre.

Only saw em once for the splinter tour, praying to god they will come back. :D

darko
07-26-2005, 05:31 AM
three times, once on the CO1 tour {missed an important exam for it}
Gig on the green
and the splinter tour

First time was amazing, so was the second time and the third time was good but not as good cus there was a bad crowd

Vera
07-26-2005, 05:38 AM
I've only seen them once and admittedly, that was ages ago, like four years and more, but in my opinion, live is where you get the Offspring. That sounds like a cliché thing to say, but really, every song sounds better on stage. Also, it's just fun to see them rocking.

Alex101
07-10-2008, 04:07 PM
They were totally fuckin' great when I saw them in San Fransisco on July 2, 2005, my 16th birthday. So far, this was my only time seeing The Offspring in concert. Oh, yeah, and I also saw them again at the KROQ Weenie Roast of 2008, but I was watching the concert on the internet.

dff_punk
07-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I saw them almost a week ago, and they were fucking awesome. One of the best days of my life. I did sing along to every song and the people around me stared at me like if I was some kind of freak :)

brothadave79
07-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Saw them in 2004 for the Splinter tour in New York, NY and in Scranton, PA on the Warped Tour.

The New York show was great. They sounded awesome and I still have the audio from it. Oh memories.

They were also awesome on the Warped Tour. I remember they played Session and Can't Repeat which was brand new, and both got the crowd all riled up. Sucks that it was only a half hour set though. Still, Dex sprayed us with the firehose!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/brothadave79/warpedtourhose.jpg

I really can't wait for the full US tour!

Splinter[PI]
07-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I've only seen them once, @Greenfield Festival, and I can't say I was totally blown away. It was cool, but there wasn't that much energy. Exceptions were Bad Habit and All I Want. but I hope I'm gonna see them live on their own tour.

PS: At least I "really" discovered Bad Religion at the festival, didn't really know much about them... and they are fuckin' great live!

bouncingcoles
07-10-2008, 05:48 PM
iv seen them 4 times and it was great every time

iPunk247
07-10-2008, 10:19 PM
i have yet to see 'em live as in loud and proud but well see in teh near future.

Gustavo
07-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I've never seen them live, so, I'll just get jealous by reading about those who have been to a concert.
But hopefully someday I'll be here to tell my history :)

Polish
07-10-2008, 11:25 PM
;1152600']I've only seen them once, @Greenfield Festival, and I can't say I was totally blown away. It was cool, but there wasn't that much energy. Exceptions were Bad Habit and All I Want. but I hope I'm gonna see them live on their own tour.

PS: At least I "really" discovered Bad Religion at the festival, didn't really know much about them... and they are fuckin' great live!

I have to agree with you here. I'm a huge Offspring fan, however they don't have the best live show anymore. They never talk to the crowd much and they rush through the songs. That is the impression I get at least. They were the very first band I ever saw live, but after seeing a few other bands, The Offspring are definitely not the best live show you will ever see. Definitely good, and if you're an offspring fan you have to see them, but they're not the best ever.

leo3375
07-11-2008, 12:14 AM
1997/10/11 - St. Paul, MN [Roy Wilkins Auditorium]
1998/12/01 - Minneapolis, MN [First Ave.]
1999/05/30 - Somerset, WI [Float Rite Park]
2000/11/29 - St. Paul, MN [Roy Wilkins Auditorium]
2004/05/11 - Minneapolis, MN [First Ave.]
2005/07/24 - Minneapolis, MN [HHH Metrodome parking lot]

All the shows were amazing! The atmosphere and energy was different at each one. Small club shows are more energetic while the festivals can come close to utter anarchy.

cool 2 hate 681
07-11-2008, 12:34 AM
11/18/00 Los Angeles, CA Great Western Forum
04/16/04 Los Angeles, CA Universal Amphitheatre
07/01/05 Long Beach, CA California State University, Long Beach
05/16/08 San Diego, CA X-Fest

great shows the best were the 2000 show because it was my first concert and it was the first time they played dammit i changed again and 2005 they played L.A.P.D. and Smash lots of crowd interaction also the 2004 show was great :D san diego they were supposed to play for a hour and 15 mins but they only played for 55 mins first time they played you're Gonna go far kid

Stylie
07-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I've never seen them live, so, I'll just get jealous by reading about those who have been to a concert.
But hopefully someday I'll be here to tell my history :)

I'm in the same position. :p
But man, hopefully? Of course we're gonna see them live.

Rutegard
07-11-2008, 11:47 AM
everytime i get to see them i'll now it's gonna be the best moment of my life (of course untill the next concert LOL)

yellow
07-12-2008, 06:46 AM
the offspring r amazing live. i have seen them 12 times in concert. everytime i went to one of their shows, they rocked my world!!!!!

Lupin
07-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Manchester Arena, january '01. Which was pretty sweet, especially seeing 13 thousand people singing along to One Fine Day, and almost that amount being totally stumped when Session started.

Leeds Festival '02. Dexter with blue hair, and they kicked off with TKAA. Being in the pit for that gig was a fantastic experience.
________
Fourth Generation Legacy (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Fourth_Generation_Subaru_Legacy)

yellow
07-12-2008, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=Lupin;1153413]Manchester Arena, january '01. Which was pretty sweet, especially seeing 13 thousand people singing along to One Fine Day, and almost that amount being totally stumped when Session started.

i am so jealous that u got to see and hear them play "one fine day"; thats one of my favorite songs by them.
i did get to see and hear them play "special delivery"
i hope they start playing longer sets like 2 hour shows. they have more than enough songs to play

Leandro
07-12-2008, 04:12 PM
2004 - Recife, Brazil

It was amazing!

I hope they'll return in the next tour.

jacknife737
07-13-2008, 11:03 AM
I was able to see them at the Barrie stop on Warped 05, the band only played 30-35min, but I was totally blown away. They even played Session!

Rutegard
07-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I was able to see them at the Barrie stop on Warped 05, the band only played 30-35min, but I was totally blown away. They even played Session!

30 min?!? that sucks!!

didn't you ask you money back? lol

seriously...that sucks!!

jacknife737
07-13-2008, 11:36 AM
30 min?!? that sucks!!

didn't you ask you money back? lol

seriously...that sucks!!

It's the warped tour, all bands that play only get 30min set times. I also got to see that day Dropkick Murphy's, MxPx, Transplants, Big D and the Kids Table, Billy Talent, Millencolin, Motion City Soundtrack , Strung Out, and a couple other bands, so i think i got my money's worth. Sure I wish the Offspring had played longer, but at least I got to see them live.