PDA

View Full Version : Josh Freese Did Drums On Can't Repeat?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-21-2005, 06:54 PM
I was looking through the Greatest Hits booklet and I was reading the Can't Repeat lyrics. After that, it says who produced and mixed it and such. Then, I saw "Drums: Josh Freese". Huh? I thought Atom Willard is an official member now and figured he would have done the drums for this song. Did Josh Freese really drum on "Can't Repeat" or was it just an error?

SkunkIt
06-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Holy shit, you're right! What the hell? I saw Atom playing the drums in the video, but Josh did the drums on the C.D.?

The Weird Kid
06-21-2005, 07:03 PM
thats weird

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-21-2005, 07:14 PM
woops. Didn't realize there was another thread on this.

Sinister
06-21-2005, 07:16 PM
well I dont know what to think. perhaps josh really did em on the CD, but maybe its just the pplz @ Columbia Records (or w/e) who didnt know Atom was officially a member now.

offspringbecker
06-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Maybe the song has been recorded for a while now, or Sony messed up.

Offspring_01
06-21-2005, 08:53 PM
They probably fucked up.

Danno
06-21-2005, 09:09 PM
I am pretty sure "Can't Repeat" was recorded during the making of Splinter while Josh was drumming for them.

-Danno

sebastienfan
06-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Noodles should anwser this thread to make it clear.

offspring_freak_3
06-21-2005, 09:29 PM
I was looking through the Greatest Hits booklet and I was reading the Can't Repeat lyrics. After that, it says who produced and mixed it and such. Then, I saw "Drums: Josh Freese". Huh? I thought Atom Willard is an official member now and figured he would have done the drums for this song. Did Josh Freese really drum on "Can't Repeat" or was it just an error?

itīs not an error, canīt repeat was recorded during the splinter. itīs just another song that did not enter in the splinter :cool:

greenspring_dayoff
06-21-2005, 09:42 PM
itīs not an error, canīt repeat was recorded during the splinter. itīs just another song that did not enter in the splinter :cool:
yeah, that was my guess

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-21-2005, 09:43 PM
It doesn't make any sense though. The song was produced by Jerry Finn. Splinter was produced by Brendan O' Brien. Before the song was released they announced that they were going into the studio to record it and everything. This was only a few months ago. How was this recorded during Splinter, then?

Camilamazed
06-21-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm dumbfounded.

How come can Josh play CR and Atom be in the video?

Weird.....

offspring_freak_3
06-21-2005, 11:31 PM
It doesn't make any sense though. The song was produced by Jerry Finn. Splinter was produced by Brendan O' Brien. Before the song was released they announced that they were going into the studio to record it and everything. This was only a few months ago. How was this recorded during Splinter, then?

but it was recorded again, they just make any changes
the producer could be changer but i think they change the song a little . who knows? thatīs a mistery :D

offspring kid
06-22-2005, 12:50 AM
hey people this should be explained by Noodles,Dexter Or maybe Atom.........that what the hell is happening here ??? i think that they misprinted the booklet ?

Ceejio21
06-22-2005, 12:57 AM
I guess this could make a good question for that guy who's interviewing The Offspring at the Warped Tour pretty soon (see the "Tour Talk" forum).

offspring kid
06-22-2005, 12:58 AM
I guess this could make a good question for that guy who's interviewing The Offspring at the Warped Tour pretty soon (see the "Tour Talk" forum).

yeah that could be a possibilty cause i think that noodles or any other band member wont be coming here on boards to answer this question(because of the wrapped tour) so yeah why not list this question there ?

Hysteria
06-22-2005, 01:02 AM
I'd take a good bet in saying that it was either recorded with Josh Freese during the recording of Splinter. However, it does sound like Atom's kit.

To be honest, I don't think they should have a put just one drummer's name, I mean, with all the songs on GH, there's been at least 2 drummers, Ron and Josh.

offspring kid
06-22-2005, 01:08 AM
However, it does sound like Atom's kit.

yeah i noticed it too but i cant believe anything until i get a solid information about it I AM LOST HERE !

RonWelty
06-22-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm dumbfounded.

How come can Josh play CR and Atom be in the video?

Weird.....
the same way that atom plays in CGMHAY ;S

offspring kid
06-22-2005, 01:15 AM
the same way that atom plays in CGMHAY ;S

nah man splinter was released in 2003 and the video(CGMHAY) was made in 2004.....and when the administrator posted the news here that the offspring are working on the NEW material Atom was the OFFICIAL DRUMER,i just cant understand the problem here ????

neocon58
06-22-2005, 02:27 AM
drums are probably the easiest things to replace etc. the whole of splinter could've been just loops for all we know. josh probably layed down the tracks ages ago.

and atom, just seems to be a tour drummer, as the style from the two new songs hasn't really changed.

and, of course, it could just be a typo.

Little_Miss_1565
06-22-2005, 02:54 AM
As I said in the other thread about this: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10740

Josh Freese is a well-known and respected session drummer, not to mention a friend of the band (I assume) since the Vandals were on Nitro for a while. The songs may have been recorded before Atom signed on as the full-time drummer, or maybe Atom just couldn't make it to the studio that day for whatever reason, or whatever.

I sincerely doubt he'd replace Atom behind the kit, since he's in about a million bands already. He drummed on Hoku's album too, should we freak out about that?

Trippy
06-22-2005, 02:58 AM
no one's freaking out, just wondering. of course he will not become the member of the offspring, but it would be nice to know the reason why they used josh. this in not freaking out, just curious, of course the explanation wouldn't be dramatic, but it would be cool to hear.

crrrN
06-22-2005, 05:50 AM
Just wondering...is Ron Welty mentioned somewhere in the booklet as well?

If so, Ron and Josh are mentioned for the songs of all the albums and then Atom should appear with the rest of the guys (in example: The Offspring is: Dexter, Noodles, Greg & Atom).

I think they just mention Josh for the Splinter songs on the greatest hits.

crrrN
06-22-2005, 05:57 AM
I know for 99% sure that Can't Repeat and Next To You are recorded by Atom, it sure as hell sounds like a different kit than on Splinter.

DW and OC are both great drumbrands xD

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Another reason why Can't Repeat couldn't have been recorded during the recording of Splinter is because Splinter and Can't Repeat were recorded at two different studios. Why record another song at a different studio for Splinter when the rest of the Splinter songs were recorded at another one? Splinter was recorded at Henson Recording Studios and Can't Repeat was recorded at Conway Recording Studios. I'm leaning towards that it could have been a misprint. To clear things up, I really don't care either way, because both are good drummers. I was just curious.

dain84
06-22-2005, 09:44 AM
I know for 99% sure that Can't Repeat and Next To You are recorded by Atom, it sure as hell sounds like a different kit than on Splinter.

DW and OC are both great drumbrands xD
It says Freese recorded Can't Repeat, and says nothing of next to you, so I assume Atom recorded it.