ixnition
06-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Great song

Sinister
06-21-2005, 09:10 PM
will buy GH DD tomorrow and hear it

Tired_Of_You
06-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes, but Dexter has a weird voice. (Chanter du nez) No idea how to say that in English.

Sinister
06-21-2005, 09:22 PM
you mean it sounds like he had stuff in the nose while singing ?

Tired_Of_You
06-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Haha, I suppose it could be that, but no, not exactly. :p

Sinister
06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
I'll get the GH DD tomorrow as I said and I'll give ya my opinion. for now I'll just go to bed.

vintagepunkrock7
06-21-2005, 10:01 PM
my greatest hits came in the mail today, i was alittle suprise as it said 7-10 days so i wasnt expecting it right away, but i was so excited to get it because of this acoustic version. and i do know what you mean about the voice thing,it was alittle nasal-y but i think it sounded awesome. i loved it. if i could only get that acoustic version onto my ipod......

sebastienfan
06-21-2005, 10:28 PM
dint know you speak french "Tired of You"
je vais voir demain,je vais aller chez archambault acheter le dualdisk.I wasnt sure if the dual was avaible here because theres a thread about dual avaible in canada only next week.

SkunkIt
06-21-2005, 10:30 PM
The acoustic sounds awesome, but your avatar makes me hungry! :D

sebastienfan
06-21-2005, 10:31 PM
who are you talking to and what do you mean?

KickedDown
06-21-2005, 10:37 PM
When I heard they were doing an acoustic version of Dirty Magic, I almost crapped myself! I love that song so much, and the acoustic version is beautiful. If the sotres I went to today didn't have the Dual Dics version, I would have ordered off the website and waited another week just to have the DVD side so I could hear Dirty Magic.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
I liked it alot. I liked how they made the song feel "new" again.

SkunkIt
06-21-2005, 10:52 PM
who are you talking to and what do you mean?I was talking to Ixnition, his avatar is the Burger King and the Burger King reminds me of good fries.

Camilamazed
06-21-2005, 10:54 PM
I agree with Kickeddown.....DM accoustic is beautiful :D

coke_a_holic
06-21-2005, 11:15 PM
I haven't gotten it yet. I will as soon as I get a ride to the mall.

Messy
06-22-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm from Italy, the Greatest Hits isn't yet out here, could someone send me that song, please?? :o

HeadAroundU
06-22-2005, 04:21 AM
I'm from Italy, the Greatest Hits isn't yet out here, could someone send me that song, please?? :o
No cause its on DVD (nobody knows how to use DVD rip) :(

SkyRocker
06-22-2005, 04:56 AM
You can't rip it( :p ) ? Send me your DVD, I'll do it...

HeadAroundU
06-22-2005, 04:59 AM
You can't rip it( :p ) ? Send me your DVD, I'll do it...
I'm from Slovakia dumbass :D I don't have DVD :)

Lazy american people :p

HeadAroundU
06-22-2005, 05:04 AM
You are dumbass TOO!! :D
I knew that he is French!

EDIT:Hey Neocon58 You deleted your dumbass post! :D

Tired_Of_You
06-22-2005, 08:23 AM
je vais voir demain,je vais aller chez archambault acheter le dualdisk.I wasnt sure if the dual was avaible here because theres a thread about dual avaible in canada only next week.It's my first language! I'm sure you'll be able to find it quite easily. It was everywhere at the HMV.

crrrN
06-22-2005, 08:36 AM
Rip it xD
I'll buy it, but it hasnt been released here until next monday

SkyRocker
06-22-2005, 08:59 AM
You are dumbass TOO!! :D
I knew that he is French!

EDIT:Hey Neocon58 You deleted your dumbass post! :D

Are u sure i'm the only dumbass ( don't know what it is but seems to be funny ) here ?

Mentally_Challenged
06-22-2005, 09:02 AM
ARGH!!! We don't get damn dualdisc version over here. I'm going over to America in October (while away yet, I know), but I was wondering: If I bought DD version while I was there, would it work over here (England)? Our dvd player has regional decoders and all that crap, but I usually play them on the pc anyway...meh =/

dain84
06-22-2005, 10:48 AM
ARGH!!! We don't get damn dualdisc version over here. I'm going over to America in October (while away yet, I know), but I was wondering: If I bought DD version while I was there, would it work over here (England)? Our dvd player has regional decoders and all that crap, but I usually play them on the pc anyway...meh =/
For you, the gh cd will come with a seperate dvd maybe?

offspring_freak_3
06-22-2005, 11:12 AM
I agree with Kickeddown.....DM accoustic is beautiful :D

yeah cammy itīs great! :D

to only hear the voice of dexter it is good :D

offspringjon
06-22-2005, 12:58 PM

We DO get a dual disc version!!!

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=CD&title=667415&p=34&g=48&pa=sr

I've pre-ordered mine from here.

Mentally_Challenged
06-22-2005, 01:01 PM

OMFG =P WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Camilamazed
06-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, I've said earlier that I think DM is beautiful.Actually I thought this thread was about the live version of the song. Now that I've heard the GH Version, I can say that I didn't like that much. I prefer the original song and live. This one with this "go on" thing wasn't a good thing in my opinion.

Tired_Of_You
06-22-2005, 10:30 PM
So for those who heard Dexter sings Dirty Magic (acoustic), don't you think his voice is weird?

neocon58
06-22-2005, 10:30 PM
So for those who heard Dexter sings in Dirty Magic acoustic, don't you think his voice is weird?

why, weird because he's actually hitting the notes? :p

Camilamazed
06-22-2005, 10:31 PM
So for those who heard Dexter sings Dirty Magic (acoustic), don't you think his voice is weird?

Now that I've heard the GH Version I can say, ABSOLUTELY. Plus, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT 'GO ON' THING?

:mad:

Tired_Of_You
06-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Not really...I don't know how to say it in English. Read the first page of this thread, maybe you'll understand what I want to say. haha.

Tired_Of_You
06-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Now that I've heard the GH Version I can say, ABSOLUTELY. Plus, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT 'GO ON' THING?

:mad:So I'm not crazy! :D I don't remember the "Go On" thing, I only listened to Dirty Magic twice two days ago.

neocon58
06-22-2005, 10:36 PM
well, hey, what a suprise that he wanted to try something different since the song is about 13 years old.

offspring_freak_3
06-23-2005, 12:03 AM

:mad:

damm, dexterīs voices itīs very weird. whatt happened? and "go on" and pull the shades? itīs not good. but i like this version! :D

neocon58
06-23-2005, 12:05 AM
what the fuck is the problem. he made a fuckin' minor lyric change. bands do it all the time.

aeh20s
06-23-2005, 12:10 AM
i didn't hear anything strange compared to what his voice normally sounds like. its just that he wasn't going to the top of his vocal range. he was singing with the tone of the guitars and keeping it mellow so it didn't quite sound like he normally does. its like that part in Defy You that sounds nothing like him at all.

panzor41
06-23-2005, 04:37 AM
I think the Offspring is one of the only bands that actually sound like themselves LIVE. I remember watching something on TV.....I was like who is this and they were singing "so alive" or something like that...that song was originally made by POD.....I was confused.... turns out it was POD they just weren't good with out all the digital enhancing stuff you get when you create a CD.

Skip91
06-23-2005, 04:50 AM
I think the Offspring is one of the only bands that actually sound like themselves LIVE. I remember watching something on TV.....I was like who is this and they were singing "so alive" or something like that...that song was originally made by POD.....I was confused.... turns out it was POD they just weren't good with out all the digital enhancing stuff you get when you create a CD.
Yep. Offspring are just one of those bands. Same with the Chilli Peppers.

Preecey
06-23-2005, 04:51 AM
Whoa- this is excellent. Thanks very much.

Hyper nova
06-23-2005, 07:35 AM

No we Dont We get CD+DVD not dual-disc because the DD Format hasnt been commissioned for release in Europe Yet. Notice the (Bonus DVD) part and Not (Dual Disk)

EDit: Oh yer I would be carefull buying and import because of both region and NTSC instead of PAL

killboypwrheadjx
06-23-2005, 09:46 AM
i was disappointed. VERY disappointed.

Preecey
06-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Just because of the lack of drums and electric guitars, it doesn't mean it's a bad song acoustic. It really shows Dexter and Noodles' skill with the guitar, and I think it shows how talented they really are.

LiquidXCourage
06-23-2005, 10:15 AM
ya i can play that and its a good song but its a small song its split in to three part and those are just repeated and its the chorus effect on the amp not a acoustic

Ronin
06-25-2005, 12:43 AM
what the fuck is the problem. he made a fuckin' minor lyric change. bands do it all the time.

right on, neocon

it's called "add-lib".... and yeah lotsa bands do it....big freakin deal, get over it. doesnt change the whole meaning of the song does it?? obviously not. some people just like to focus on the dumbest crap... :rolleyes:

grunge
06-25-2005, 01:37 AM
Where I can get this song. I mean with internet

SkyRocker
06-25-2005, 01:44 AM
Where I can get this song. I mean with internet
Look (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10868) at this

CreaturesInside
06-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Did anyone (in america that is) notice that the UK version is way cooler?

Not only did they just make a bonus DVD instead of that stupid-ass DualDisc thing (whoever came up with that is a moron, just put a fucking DVD with the DVD if you want to do shit like that), but it also has the wiseguy's remix of pretty fly and a song called Next to You (I believe this was the Police cover that they were talking about recording.)

Fucking imports. America always gets short changed on it's releases. That, and it just seems the offspring always puts something crazy on the international release that I want.

notoriousdoc
06-25-2005, 02:42 AM

Not only did they just make a bonus DVD instead of that stupid-ass DualDisc thing (whoever came up with that is a moron, just put a fucking DVD with the DVD if you want to do shit like that), but it also has the wiseguy's remix of pretty fly and a song called Next to You (I believe this was the Police cover that they were talking about recording.)

Fucking imports. America always gets short changed on it's releases. That, and it just seems the offspring always puts something crazy on the international release that I want.

I suppose that they want to give us more because we waited longer and don't get many concerts (I mean, they're not even doing Birmingham for god's sake)

If you really want it I could send you Next to you

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Yep. Offspring are just one of those bands. Same with the Chilli Peppers.

AFI does too.

Venom Symbiote
06-25-2005, 06:31 AM
No they fucking don't. AFI suck arse live.

And as for the thread: the new version is great. Stop your moaning. :rolleyes: "Oh no, he says 'go on and' in the chorus, nnnoooooo! Blasphemy!"

Quit it, children. He made an innovative executive decision to alter his intellectual property. Drop it.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-25-2005, 06:33 AM
No they fucking don't. AFI suck arse live.

Not when I saw them. I saw them like 3 years ago at the Agora in Cleveland. They actually sounded much better than their studio songs.

FFX-ME
06-25-2005, 06:36 AM
je vais voir demain,je vais aller chez archambault acheter le dualdisk.I wasnt sure if the dual was avaible here because theres a thread about dual avaible in canada only next week.

ah that's why i couldnt find it at the store

nieh
06-25-2005, 07:24 AM
Dex's voice annoys me in the acoustic version.

Tired_Of_You
06-25-2005, 09:35 AM
ah that's why i couldnt find it at the storeIt's available in Canada. I found it quite easily.

LiquidXCourage
06-25-2005, 10:13 AM
lol @ nieh's avatar :p

dain84
06-25-2005, 10:14 AM

We did get Next to You. It's after head around you.

Bazz
06-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Tonight I finally can get the new GH CD it I forgot to pick it up the other day stupid drama. I was right there also so mad, well can't wait to get it tonight!