PDA

View Full Version : NOFX and The Offspring

Lithuanian Offspring
11-10-2004, 11:22 AM
What do you think the relationship between The Offspring and Nofx is. Considering NOFX is all uber-punk and the Offspring are sort of popular on MTV I wonder what they are like when they are together. I know in the Ignition-Smash eras the offspring actually slept on NOFX's tour bus floor. So they must've been close.

Danno
11-10-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm assuming the Offspring have nothing but respect for them. However I'm sure Fat Mike wasn't too happy when the Offspring signed to a major label. NOFX have never come out and said that they hated the Offspring but I've read a few interviews where they crack jokes about the Offspring's fame.

-Danno

Italia311
11-10-2004, 07:19 PM
I just think when bands bash other bands like that...after they been friends and shit...its all just jealousy IMO

killboybowerhead
11-10-2004, 10:12 PM
I think it is a publicity stunt... plus i dont think NOFX is punk... NOFX i think has three good/decent albums.. so long thanks for all the shoes, punk in drublic, and war on errorism.

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 10:14 PM
killboy, NoFX is streight out punk. there's nothing more punk then NoFX

killboybowerhead
11-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Disagree... i think that they are punk if you consider punk being untalented... they just sing about things that arent heart felt, i have all there cds so go on and use examples, and what i think proved it was seperation of church and skate... that songs just tries hard to be punk and yeah it is a great song but i think the lyrics are bullshit

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 10:20 PM
fuck the lyrics, dude, the instrumentel is completly punk, i mean, the drums (for example) is COMPLETELY punk, i dont know if u know nething bout drums, but the pattern they use is even called punk

killboybowerhead
11-10-2004, 10:26 PM
no totally i play some drums mostly guitar i am not arguing with the music they are great musicians especially now but i think what they sing about is the untalented part, I think everything i listen is based on emotions which makes the music better, im not talking about emo but i love bands like deviates, cigar, and 1208... I can tell that they are genuine and i dont get that from NoFX... Plus I dont believe brainwashing kids to vote for Kerry is punk i think that it goes against it... punk is about speaking our own minds and not giving a fuck not preaching and they do preach.

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 10:29 PM
i think your right, punk is about not giving a shit about what people say and just do whatever the fuck we want. im not doubting the fact that nofx have horrible lyrics, im just saying that when i listen to nofx (like various other bands) i feel like getting up, burn something down and smash something up.

killboybowerhead
11-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah i agree maybe i shouldnt be too critical on the lyrics... i guess they affect you a bit differently than me... I do think the new cd is fucking tight though... I love the Idiots and taking over and Anarchy camp... ans Church and State...

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 10:33 PM
so its sattled, nofx rules ass, lyrical or none lyrical, aint matter, their still cool (just for your knowledge, you always burn things and break stuff, im violent, i guess its a part of being a drummer)

killboybowerhead
11-10-2004, 10:36 PM
yeah i agree i all things settled nofx is badass.. you see how they changed franco unamerican on conan o brien it was hilarious

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 10:37 PM
nah, i didnt catch that

killboybowerhead
11-10-2004, 10:39 PM
they added a lyric that went
The whole world agrees we need a better president
George bush sucks cock but he hates homosexuals..
something like that they did without telling neone and fat mike was laughing the whole time... i dont think that was the exact ryme but it was close

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 10:40 PM
thats kinda stupid, im a bush fan so.. ne ways, as i said, i dont really pay attantion to the lyrics of nofx

PresidentKiller
11-27-2004, 09:36 PM
...im a bush fan ....

I feel so sorry for you.

Revolver-2005?
11-27-2004, 09:44 PM
i like NoFX cause im into politics and stuff....and all their music is about politics...and a few goofy songs u know....i like thm alot

RobinoZombie
11-28-2004, 06:42 AM
killboy, NoFX is streight out punk. there's nothing more punk then NoFX

Ehm...no
Ever head of Dead Kennedys,Discharge or even the Clash?

mrconeman
11-28-2004, 07:04 AM
Or the ramones or the sex pistols???

the dead kennedys the clash the ramones and the sex pistols are about a million times more punk than nofx dont even disagree the ramones started punk music for god sake