PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hits Dissapointment

Bad Habit
06-22-2005, 02:09 AM
Ok, I am a bit dissapointed by the songs chosen by the offspring, where is ignition? Songs like LAPD, Burn it up or Dirty Magic can`t be forgotten, and from their first album wheres beheaded, Jennifer los the war and blackball? Is the reason for not having chosen this songs for the greatest hits that columbia doesnt want to put epitaph or nitro records in a columbia album? :mad: Cos they should not do that, a Greatest Hits is a Greatest Hits, no matter the company. :mad:

Kerr
06-22-2005, 02:13 AM
I have seen the list. It has most of the crappy pop-like songs like WDYGAJ Pretty Fly For A White Guy which I have gotten fed up of. It has COAP and Self Esteem which is fair enough, but the songs could be much better. I only plan to get it for the sake of collection i.e. all the Offspring albums, the bonus tracks and the extra features on the DualDisk. As for the DVD, god knows - I already downloaded all of their videos. I will have to see what's on the DVD, and if it ain't much, fuck that, waste of money to me.

Bad Habit
06-22-2005, 02:16 AM
I have seen the list. It has most of the crappy pop-like songs which I have gotten fed up of.
Yeah, Im with you, theyve just put in the gh the most popular songs, but that doesnt mean they are the best, for example I dont like at all Hit That, and some others are a bit weak

neocon58
06-22-2005, 02:17 AM
i would argue, however this is the 4569547694th time a thread like this has popped up.

Jesus
06-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Ok, I am a bit dissapointed by the songs chosen by the offspring, where is ignition? Songs like LAPD, Burn it up or Dirty Magic can`t be forgotten, and from their first album wheres beheaded, Jennifer los the war and blackball?

Because those weren't hits. Besides you being like what 2 months late, does it really mather? Would you be more excited if it were other songs, I seriously hope not since you would have had those too! Greatest Hits tracklists or Best Of tracklists don't matter since you have most of those songs anyway, the only thing that matters are the extra things you get.

Is the reason for not having chosen this songs for the greatest hits that columbia doesnt want to put epitaph or nitro records in a columbia album? :mad: Cos they should not do that, a Greatest Hits is a Greatest Hits, no matter the company. :mad:

Think for a second before you say that, the 3 smash songs are all from epitaph and the 2 ixnay songs are also from epitaph in Europe so that makes 5 songs already. Just think, can't be difficult. If it were a money issue they would have only chosen columbia songs, because then they didn't have to give money to epitaph.

Jesus
06-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Yeah, Im with you, theyve just put in the gh the most popular songs, but that doesnt mean they are the best, for example I dont like at all Hit That, and some others are a bit weak

It's not a best of, it's a greatest hits... best of's are even worse, since those are subjective

gortesque
06-22-2005, 02:26 AM
the greatest hits in the album are all their videos. omg, am i the only the figured that out? they took their most popular songs, not their best....

Jesus
06-22-2005, 02:28 AM
As for the DVD, god knows - I already downloaded all of their videos. I will have to see what's on the DVD, and if it ain't much, fuck that, waste of money to me.

I'm more excited about the Complete Music Video Collection DVD (gay name btw) than about the GH. Has all the videos, 11 live videos, rehearsel clips from 83-88, some documentary from dexter about Guy Cohen, video commentary , etc.

neocon58
06-22-2005, 02:29 AM
It's not a best of, it's a greatest hits... best of's are even worse, since those are subjective

indeed. that's what i keep trying to explain. it's not that hard to grasp the difference between a 'best of' and 'greatest hits'.

Kerr
06-22-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm more excited about the Complete Music Video Collection DVD (gay name btw) than about the GH. Has all the videos, 11 live videos, rehearsel clips from 83-88, some documentary from dexter about Guy Cohen, video commentary , etc.
Intersting, I might consider it then.

Bad Habit:
Hit that is currently the only poppy song I like actually. She's got Issues is boring but better than the other two pop songs I mentioned. Thing is, the songs put on the Greatest Hits are mostly singles and liek you said, yes, the most popular ones. It kind of sucks, but you never know who may suddenly become a fan of them, so they might decide to get this.

I think it is better that fans decide to get the shit first e.g. all the latest albums except Splinter which is actually better than Americana or CO1. I did, and Americana was my fave for ages 'til I got bored of it. Now s/t and Smash are, they are loads better.

Bad Habit
06-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Americana was my fave for ages 'til I got bored of it. Now s/t and Smash are, they are loads better.
Yeah man, hats true

Kerr
06-22-2005, 02:40 AM
Yeah man, hats true
CO1 is worse though. There are still some decent songs on Americana, and even on CO1 but CO1 just got too boring. It's a real shame they can't revert to their older style. Can't Repeat is good for a recent song though - I am not a MAJOR fan of the song (although I still think it's good), but it is fairly good for a song they have written in the past few years.

Venom Symbiote
06-22-2005, 04:37 AM
You just don't fucking get it, do you people?

It's Greatest HITS, not "Your Personal Favourite Old-School Songs That Never Made It Anywhere Commercially".

It's the singles.

In short: bite me, and Noodle's nuts.

0r4ng3
06-22-2005, 04:50 AM
The only problem I have with Greatest Hits is the 4 songs that were actually hits and didn't make the CD. You all know what they are, so I won't bother posting them.

gortesque
06-22-2005, 05:23 AM
in order to make good rock music you gotta be angry at something, and you can see that in s/t, ignition and smash, but after ixnay they just became satisfied with themselves. some people like their new music. some don't. if you don't like it, tell the band. if you don't want to tell the band fuck off.

dexterisMYman
06-22-2005, 05:28 AM
i think the reason that songs from the first album and LAPD and stuff like that rnt on there is because those weren't their "hits".

Hypodermic_89
06-22-2005, 05:31 AM
Ok, I am a bit dissapointed by the songs chosen by the offspring, where is ignition? Songs like LAPD, Burn it up or Dirty Magic can`t be forgotten, and from their first album wheres beheaded, Jennifer los the war and blackball? Is the reason for not having chosen this songs for the greatest hits that columbia doesnt want to put epitaph or nitro records in a columbia album? :mad: Cos they should not do that, a Greatest Hits is a Greatest Hits, no matter the company. :mad:

remember that the CD is called "Greatest Hits". Not "Songs That A Guy Named Bad_Habit Likes"

KickedDown
06-22-2005, 08:22 AM
A greatest hits is supposed to be your most popular songs. I'm not too fond of the song selction either, but I understand why all those songs were chosen. (Although I would have liked to see Million Miles Away on there.)

smileemptysoul44
06-22-2005, 09:16 AM
they should of let the fans pick the songs

rlplaymaker
06-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Well first off, they didnt forget about dirty magic....the dual disc has dexter and noodles playing an accoustic version of it on the DVD side. I think they chose these songs for the greatest hits album, because they were their GREATEST HITS. you may not like them too much, but pretty much all other people do, and at least everyone knows about em. ANd just for the record, i think Americana is the Offspring's best CD. and no, i dont plan on growing out of them.

dain84
06-22-2005, 09:41 AM
the greatest hits in the album are all their videos. omg, am i the only the figured that out? they took their most popular songs, not their best....
Meaning of Life, I choose, She's got issues, million miles away. They all had videos and they're not on it.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-22-2005, 09:46 AM
My only complaint is they didn't have all of their hits on it. Other than that, I'm proud of my purchase. Still, Meaning of Life, I Choose, She's Got Issues, and Million Miles Away would have been nice to see on there. Also, there are bands that DO put out songs that were never singles onto Greatest Hits, but songs that fans seemed most identified with as well. Korn had Trash on their Greatest Hits cd and it was never a single. The Offspring could have put Beheaded, Dirty Magic, and The Noose on there as well. Oh well. I have no major complaints. Still worth the buy.

offspring_freak_3
06-22-2005, 11:37 AM
yeah they should put 2 or 3 sogs from self titled and ignition like Jennifer Lost The War, Beheaded, Blackball, L.A.P.D, Dirty Magic and Burn It Up.

but i donīt give a shit, i just want the cd! :D

greenspring_dayoff
06-22-2005, 11:45 AM
they didn't put songs from offspring and ignition cause they were from epitaph instead of columbia and i dont think that they wanted a parental advisory sticker, maybe. cause all of the songs were "fuck"free

Omni
06-22-2005, 04:33 PM

That's what I've been saying. People should be more thankful for the entire extra DVD they've graciously added and, what, 4 or 5 new songs?

And yes, Greatest Hits = most commercially successful songs, not personal favorites.

dain84
06-22-2005, 05:06 PM
they didn't put songs from offspring and ignition cause they were from epitaph instead of columbia and i dont think that they wanted a parental advisory sticker, maybe. cause all of the songs were "fuck"free
So? # songs were from epitaph on it, and Offspring said fuck in cool to hate, and other songs, without a P.A. sticker.

irkazoom
06-24-2005, 11:07 AM
And what do you tell me about Americana? They say "fuck you" everytime before the chorus comes

Hyper nova
06-24-2005, 11:49 AM

Err Smash was Epitaph and Ixnay was Epitaph Europe/Columbia (US/other international) so by your reasoning we should only have songs from 3 albums +probbaly ixnay as a GH (no COAP, Self Est.,Gotta etc.) .
And every single has swearing in them and most may have stickers now but didnt use to and sometimes still don't. And any way you can remove stickers if you dont like them. i like them it makes the Album seem more Punky if you have to have a PA on it. Also GH should have a PA Sticker CAsue WDYGAJ? has 'Dick' in it and Original Prankster has 'Shit' in it.

Even Avril latest album had a PA Sticker and she says shit once and in her 'Flagship' Track of that album only.

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 12:19 PM

well that's cuz those werent singles, they didnt appear on tv or radio the ones on are those who made it highest on the ratings

original_prankster
06-24-2005, 12:22 PM
IGNITION AND SELF TITLED HAD NO HITS. There weren't any singles, so none of the songs became hits. Will people just stop complaining? But, as I stated before, there was one way they could have put S/T and Ignition songs on there. They coulda put up polls where you voted for your favorite song from both and the top two or three made it onto the album. :D

I am looking forward to the DVD more than I was looking forward to GH anyway.

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 01:30 PM
realy i didnt even know of their underground albumsbefore this site i thought the first was smash