PDA

View Full Version : Nofx

Lithuanian Offspring
11-10-2004, 11:29 AM
What do you all think about Nofx. THey are fucking awesome aren't they?

skateboy5000
11-10-2004, 12:29 PM
nofx is the best punk band in my opinion :cool:

samr
11-10-2004, 01:12 PM
The worst part about Bush being re-elected, is that NOFX will continue to make albums for 4 more years.

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 01:14 PM
NoFX rules.

lousyskater
11-10-2004, 09:22 PM
NOFX is pretty cool. nothing spectacular, but they're still a good band.
________
Vaporizerinfo (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

greencows12
11-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Fat mike, ozzy osbourne, atom and his package, and Noodles should write a song about cheese and potatoes.

too_close_to_see
11-11-2004, 07:09 AM
I think Nofx are great.

Mr. Noodles
12-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Nofx is great.
I have their Greatest Hits CD.

Subsidal
12-11-2004, 10:22 AM
I think I just know their 'Go your own way', but I really like that one & I bet I'd like the other stuff too (if I'd listen to it)

Tired_Of_You
12-11-2004, 10:23 AM
I don't like the songs I've heard from them.

GreenTerror
12-11-2004, 10:49 PM
I love NOFX, definitely on my top 5

LostMind
12-11-2004, 10:54 PM
They are sooo great!!!! reallly good songs lol i`m listing to them right now tooo

Zee
08-18-2006, 01:53 PM

Fat Mike's pretty hilarious. Some great songs, I actually just ordered their The Gretest Songs Ever Written album, I still need to make more friendship at the band to make my final opinion of them...

Llamas
08-18-2006, 01:56 PM
not sure why a 2 year old thread was brought back... but nofx is okay. they have some good songs...

Zee
08-18-2006, 01:57 PM
That's because of I made a search and didn't bother to do another NOFX topic just for my little message...

Jojan
08-18-2006, 02:01 PM
As so many other bands; they used to be better, but they still are good.

Zee
08-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Aren't they not punk enough anymore for you, Jojan? They played at Conan and all, you had a topic about that when I did the search. ;)

offspring fan
08-18-2006, 02:09 PM
they are a good live band.

opivy21
08-18-2006, 02:09 PM
I used to really like them, but I don't listen to them much any more. A lot of their songs sound the same and Mike's vocals can get obnoxious.

Apathy
08-18-2006, 03:03 PM
They're usually great, but they have a few flaws.

One being that even though many of their songs are greatly written, funny and fun to listen to, they really don't have any Cd's that are all good.

Every Cd I own by them has at least two songs that are just plain bad.
...and I own about ten.

jacknife737
08-18-2006, 03:46 PM
They put on a decent live show aswell. (yeah a lot of kidding around, but the odd joke is funny)

I saw them about a week ago at warped at they played a great set, mostly older songs.

DeAtHsTaR
08-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I heard that at the Warped Tour they played 24 songs in their 30 mintue set.

0r4ng3
08-18-2006, 03:50 PM
At the one I went to, it was about 12...ish.

jacknife737
08-18-2006, 05:12 PM
At the one I went to, it was about 12...ish.

Yeah, it was about that when i saw them.

Retard
08-18-2006, 09:24 PM
I love NOFX, one of my favorite bands.

theyve gotten better with age, Liberal Animation and S/M Airlines are almost unlistenable.

when i saw them at warped this year they played

Eat The Meek
Murder the Government
Cant Get The Stink OUt
See Her Pee
Linoleum
Bob
the Brews
they tried to play Seperation of Church and Skate, but the guitar wouldnt work, they played one more really short one but i forget which one, and they played idiot son of an asshole.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I think they're pretty shitty.

Retard
08-18-2006, 10:02 PM
well thats coming from the kid who listens to zeplin so u wouldnt have good taste in music. :D

XYlophonetreeZ
08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
You've got the wrong hombre, ese.

FrancoDaHui
08-19-2006, 02:21 PM
I think they're pretty shitty.

no, they're not

and your avatar is great

Endymion
08-19-2006, 02:33 PM
The worst part about Bush being re-elected, is that NOFX will continue to make albums for 4 more years.
quoted for truth.

Apathy
08-20-2006, 02:24 PM
It always annoys me when people say they suck live.

They're probably my favorite live show, even though they're not one of my favorite bands. They just do whatever they want and everyone gets pissed at them, it's hilarious.

They played last at warped, so they ended up going about 20-30 minutes over their time... they played a lot of songs, but many were short. See Her Pee, Fuck The Kids, ect.

Thomas
08-20-2006, 02:51 PM
well thats coming from the kid who listens to zeplin so u wouldnt have good taste in music. :D

Please tell me you are kidding.

nameless
08-20-2006, 04:19 PM
i like them! my favourite album is war on errorism!

Endymion
08-20-2006, 05:25 PM
i like them! my favourite album is war on errorism!
let me guess -- you hate bush too? is it because he's a meany-head?

Retard
08-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Please tell me you are kidding.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA nah i wasnt kidding.

no one likes hippies.

Thomas
08-20-2006, 08:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA nah i wasnt kidding.

no one likes hippies.

You are definitely living up to your name. Led Zeppelin weren't hippies. Far from it, actually. HAving long hair does not automatically make you a hippy.

Yeah, if you think NOFX is better than Led Zeppelin, then you need brain surgery with rusty scalpels.

Retard
08-20-2006, 09:16 PM
alright first of all,

i have never heard a zepelin song that has gotten stuck in my head for almost two days. ok maybe they were guitar virtuosos, BUT WHO FUCKING CARES!!! listening to some dude noodling around on his guitar nect for 8 minutes isnt entertaining to me. i cant stand people who think oh if you dont like zeppelin you have no taste in music. its like uh, u ever hear of anyone who grew up before they were around?

so i guess your saying bands like the ramones, the clash, sex pistols, all those bands need to get their heads checked with rusty scalpals to, because they all started playing music because they couldnt stand zepplin.

and i'm totally fine with people not liking the music i listen to.

Endymion
08-20-2006, 09:28 PM
*monkey noises*
i don't think i've ever heard led zep before, nor do i care to. but i have heard nofx, the ramones, the clash, and sex pistols and they all make me want to take a spork to my eyes.

nofx in particular is a critical mass of fucking suck.

Thomas
08-20-2006, 09:44 PM
alright first of all,

i have never heard a zepelin song that has gotten stuck in my head for almost two days. ok maybe they were guitar virtuosos, BUT WHO FUCKING CARES!!! listening to some dude noodling around on his guitar nect for 8 minutes isnt entertaining to me. i cant stand people who think oh if you dont like zeppelin you have no taste in music. its like uh, u ever hear of anyone who grew up before they were around?

so i guess your saying bands like the ramones, the clash, sex pistols, all those bands need to get their heads checked with rusty scalpals to, because they all started playing music because they couldnt stand zepplin.

and i'm totally fine with people not liking the music i listen to.

I never said that people who don't listen to them have no taste in music, I was saying that if you think NOFX is better than Led Zeppelin, then you are fucking retarded. And you don't think they are catchy? Listen to Good Times Bad Times, Communication Breakdown, WHole Lotta Love, Black Dog, Immigrant Song, Rock and Roll, and, well, I could just go on, but I think you get the idea.

0r4ng3
08-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Shit, I thought he was being sarcastic. I would've said something yesterday.

Thomas
08-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah, he has that name for a reason.

Professor Chaos
08-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah, Retard, way to have a wrong opinion.

Thomas
08-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah, Retard, way to have a wrong opinion.

I think that this is one of the extremely rare occasions where that is actually possible.

Endymion
08-20-2006, 11:02 PM
there are plenty of wrong opinions. "i am of the opinion that the world is flat." "it is my opinion that george hearst was a member of the crips." etc etc.

0r4ng3
08-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Wait, let me get this straight.

George Hearst was NOT a member of the Crips? My world has been officially turned upside down.

Thomas
08-20-2006, 11:05 PM
True, but only retards would say something like that, which is also a reason why his counts as a wrong one.

Endymion
08-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Wait, let me get this straight.

George Hearst was NOT a member of the Crips? My world has been officially turned upside down.
ah you see, i caught you on a technicality. george hearst *founded* the crips and unlike george zimmer, he was just the president and not also a member.

0r4ng3
08-20-2006, 11:26 PM
When you explain it like that, it makes much more sense.

Camilamazed
08-20-2006, 11:34 PM
They're gonna play here next October 1st. That'll certainly be fun and something I must see. Word has it they are awesome live.

DeAtHsTaR
08-21-2006, 10:41 AM
let me guess -- you hate bush too? is it because he's a meany-head?
No, he hates Bush because Bush is an idiot son of an asshole!

It's a joke.

Endymion
08-21-2006, 12:37 PM
No, he hates Bush because Bush is an idiot son of an asshole!
good god, is that actually a nofx lyric?

DeAtHsTaR
08-21-2006, 12:48 PM
good god, is that actually a nofx lyric?
Idiot Son of an Asshole??

It's not just a lyric from a song, it's the name of a song!

He's not smart, a C student
And that's after buying his way into school
Beady eyes, and he's kinda dyslexic
Can he read? No one's really quite sure
He signs stuff and he executes people
Maybe that's why, he doesn't have any friends
Cocaine and a little drunk driving
Doesn't matter, when you're the Commander in Chief.

Idiot son of an asshole
He's the idiot son of an asshole
Idiot son of an asshole

Put on some make-up, turn on the 8-Track,
I'm putting a week back on the shelf,
Suddenly I'm the President, of the United States,
But they I woke up, and realized I'm still me.

He's too dumb, to eat pretzels, apparently smart enough to fix an election.
Moved boldly into the White House,
but most people voted against him.
He likes naps, He's good at naptime, A couple of naps and then a nap and then he's ready for bed,
He may be from Bush decent, He's always gonna be unpresident

Idiot son of an asshole
Idiot son of an asshole
Idiot son of an asshole

He's our president!

I love NOFX's music, but god the lyrics are terrible.

Llamas
08-21-2006, 01:04 PM
wow... retard is, well, a retard... I probably enjoy listening to nofx more than zep, but I can very easily admit that zep is a much better band than nofx.

and no one likes hippies? hippies can be super cool :)

DeAtHsTaR
08-21-2006, 01:09 PM
wow... retard is, well, a retard... I probably enjoy listening to nofx more than zep, but I can very easily admit that zep is a much better band than nofx.

and no one likes hippies? hippies can be super cool :)
He was making a reference to the NOFX EP No One Likes a Hippie.

Apathy
08-21-2006, 01:14 PM
I love NOFX's music, but god the lyrics are terrible.

Not all of them, but the one you posted sure is poorly written.

DeAtHsTaR
08-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Not all of them, but the one you posted sure is poorly written.
Yeah, I guess they do write some funny lyrics. They need to stay away from politics though.

Amiralanal
08-21-2006, 01:58 PM
they have some good songs

jacknife737
08-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I guess they do write some funny lyrics. They need to stay away from politics though.

Their political songs are actually some of their best, wolves in wolves clothing, war on errorism are some of their best work to date.

Llamas
08-21-2006, 03:29 PM
song examples please? franco unamerican has horrible lyrics...

DeAtHsTaR
08-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Their political songs are actually some of their best, wolves in wolves clothing, war on errorism are some of their best work to date.Wolves in Wolves Clothing wasn't COMPLETELY political. Seeing Double at the Triple Rock and a few other songs are awesome.

jacknife737
08-21-2006, 05:40 PM
song examples please? franco unamerican has horrible lyrics...

In your opinion. I don't find the lyrics of that particular song to be amazing, but i do think Franco un-American is a great song nonetheless.

Llamas
08-21-2006, 05:43 PM
song examples please? ..... .....

jacknife737
08-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Uh basically the political orientated songs off the last two albums, i'm sure i mentioned that like two posts ago.

Leaving Jesusland, You Will Lose Faith, Franco Un-American, American Errorist , ect, ect

Llamas
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
well... I don't know that album well, so I don't know off hand which are politically oriented... and I wasn't about to search the lyrics of each song to find out which ones are which...

I'll look into those... but I doubt I'll change my mind. Their political lyrics in the past have generally blown.

jacknife737
08-21-2006, 05:51 PM
well... I don't know that album well, so I don't know off hand which are politically oriented... and I wasn't about to search the lyrics of each song to find out which ones are which...

I'll look into those... but I doubt I'll change my mind. Their political lyrics in the past have generally blown.

Uh well, the lyrics aren't really that great (typical nofx), but i think the songs as a whole sound great.

Llamas
08-21-2006, 06:05 PM
oh, I wasn't saying anything negative about their sound. I can enjoy a good nofx song or two. I thought the argument was that NOFX is not good at writing political songs.

Retard
08-21-2006, 10:02 PM
ok first of all i've heard all of those thousands of times, because you cant escape led zepeplin. i have never liked any of them. the musician ship is boring, and the vocals are some of the most annoying things in the world....

robert plant has one of the worst voices of all time, hands down. NOFX might not have talent intsrumenal wise(they couldnt care less, and niether do i, thats one of the best things about punk) but they've written hundreds of catchier songs than zepelin ever did, not to mention i think they've probably had a longer career than zepelin did. the first 30 seconds of the immergrant song(the one in School of Rock) is one of the more annoying ones by them, that shriek is just FUCKING HORRENDOUS!!!!!

oh yeah and about the jokes about my name. HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY WERENT EVEN FUNNY WHEN I FIRST CAME!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

man i love you guys.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM
robert plant has one of the worst voices of all time, hands down.
Yep! Fat Mike's is WAAAAAAY better! :D

Endymion
08-21-2006, 10:24 PM
repeat: nofx is a large pile of fail.

Retard
08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
did i say it was?

granted its better than plants, but not the greatest voice in the world..... its alot better than it used to be.

Funderful Callan
08-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Theyre Awesome. My Fave Songs are probally Dont Call Me White, Bottles To The Ground, Linoleum & Seperation Of Church And Skate

Apathy
08-22-2006, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't get into the whole Led Zepplin vs Nofx thing, because There's always going to be that one guy who doesn't understand. You might not like their music, but many people did, and it basically changed music afterwords.

Nofx basically invented the whiny voiced pop-punk of today. Sure there were pop-punk bands around before, but Nofx seems to be the band that really got out there and influenced other bands of the genre.

Led Zepplin on the other hand were one of the first bands to really pioneer rock music. And that's a pretty hard thing to live up to, thus, Led Zepplin are known as one of the greatest bands of the world.

As for the whole writing thing, Nofx can go back and forth. They've written some very shitty songs, no doubt. (Idiot Son Of an Asshole, Liza) They've written some simple, yet very funny songs (The Irrationality of Rationality, Please Play this song on the radio) and they also have some songs that I believe were written very well.(180 Degrees, The Man I killed, Soul Doubt - minus the part about the window)

Strangley Enough, their most famous songs tend to be either the incredibly simple lyrics (Linoleum, Leave It Alone, Bob) , or the songs where the lyrics just plain suck (Bottles To the Ground,Stickin' In My Eye)

They tend to be smart about it though. The songs that suck lyrically, usually have a fun instrument section. They always have something carrying the song.

Llamas
08-22-2006, 11:10 AM
ok first of all i've heard all of those thousands of times, because you cant escape led zepeplin. i have never liked any of them. the musician ship is boring, and the vocals are some of the most annoying things in the world.... the musicianship is boring? how is it any more boring than nofx? how are the same 3 power chords over and over MORE interesting?

robert plant has one of the worst voices of all time, hands down.
you really think that fat mike's whiney, small range voice is BETTER? I will admit that plant's voice isn't that great, but it kicks mike's ass.

NOFX might not have talent intsrumenal wise(they couldnt care less, and niether do i, thats one of the best things about punk) but they've written hundreds of catchier songs than zepelin ever did, not to mention i think they've probably had a longer career than zepelin did.
umm... zeppelin wasn't TRYING to write catchy songs. they were branching out and being different. NOFX did something completely old that's been done hundreds of times. Writing catchy pop-punk songs that have been written many times before is easy to do. Writing complex hard rock that's never been done before is a LOT harder. And longer career? What the hell does that mean? U2 has been together forever, and they STILL suck. Zep was together for a good decade and a half, and they were amazing the entire time (not to mention several reunions in the '90s). NOFX may have been together for 2 decades, but they've released a lot of pure shit in that time. I'd say a smaller amount of really good music takes more talent than a huge mix of shit and good stuff.

the first 30 seconds of the immergrant song(the one in School of Rock) is one of the more annoying ones by them, that shriek is just FUCKING HORRENDOUS!!!!! what the hell is the "Immergrant song"? And poor argument. Saying something is annoying is not a good argument. You argument sucks, and listen to me when I say that I prefer to listen to NOFX over Led, but I know and admit that Led Z is FAR more talented.

oh yeah and about the jokes about my name. HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY WERENT EVEN FUNNY WHEN I FIRST CAME!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, they're not funny. they're just true.

opivy21
08-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I think that Led Zeplin (I don't care how it's spelled) and NoFX are both kind of boring.

Retard
08-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Talented and entertaining are two completely different things.

The Noose
08-23-2006, 12:30 PM
NOFX has so much comedy and energy in their music, how can they be boring? And Led Zeppelin is God.

You're correct. They are fucking awesome. And that is fact. NOFX has to be my favorite punk band, next to Offspring.

Llamas
08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Talented and entertaining are two completely different things.

that was the worst response to my post ever. you didn't even try. way to realize you were wrong.

opivy21
08-23-2006, 02:02 PM
NOFX has so much comedy and energy in their music, how can they be boring?
A lot of their songs sound the same. And yeah, they play fast, but there's a difference between having energy and playing fast. I don't always hear energy in their songs.

Mooose
08-23-2006, 02:05 PM
A lot of their songs sound the same. And yeah, they play fast, but there's a difference between having energy and playing fast. I don't always hear energy in their songs.
Listen harder

Llamas
08-23-2006, 02:06 PM
^^^ fact.

erm that was meant toward 2 posts above.

Thomas
08-23-2006, 11:46 PM
How the hell is the beginning of Immigrant song annoying? Just because it's high pitched, it doesn't mean it's bad. Very few vocalists out there could pull something like that off. And anyone who calls Led Zeppelin musically boring is fucking retarded. They've done everything from hard rock, folk, soft rock, southern-rock, classical-ish (I don't know what else to call The Battle of Evermore), metal(ish), and just about every other variation of any kind of rock out there (except for maybe punk, but they are too talented for that anyway). Every single bit of your argument is flawed and has been proven wrong. Give up and spare yourself the flaming.

opivy21
08-24-2006, 05:45 AM
I just don't want to listen to Led Zeppelin. It's as simple as that. I don't get excited when I hear their songs, and I don't think that that makes me "fucking retarded".

noodlesfan
08-24-2006, 06:26 PM
they are a good live band.
I heard they suck live.

[/album refference]

Thomas
08-24-2006, 06:49 PM
I just don't want to listen to Led Zeppelin. It's as simple as that. I don't get excited when I hear their songs, and I don't think that that makes me "fucking retarded".

I wasn't talking to you. It's okay to not like them, but to say that NOFX is better than them is just a stupid remark.

opivy21
08-24-2006, 07:47 PM
I wasn't talking to you. It's okay to not like them, but to say that NOFX is better than them is just a stupid remark.
I thought that you were probably talking to Retard, but I was commenting on you saying that anyone who says Led Zeppelin is boring is retarded. I just disagreed with that.

That_Guy91
08-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I think he meant that anyone who says that they always sound the same is retarded.

Retard
08-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
>from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying:
Valhalla, I am coming!
On we sweep with threshing oar,
Our only goal will be the western shore.
Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
>from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
How soft your fields so green,
Can whisper tales of gore,
Of how we calmed the tides of war.
We are your overlords.
On we sweep with threshing oar,
Our only goal will be the western shore.
So now youd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
For peace and trust can win the day
Despite of all your losing.

wooow i admit alot of NOFX's song lyrics are stupid, but they make them stupid on purpose.

^
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT!!!, and high pitched is totally different than what Plant does in the begining of this song. Stza from Leftover Crack's voice is high pitched. that banshee scream at the begining of this is worse than a chalk board scratching.

NOFX will always be better because:
they've done just as many different styles as zepelin, Jazz, Blues, Reggae, Metal (they covered Iron Man), Ska, Reggae, Dub, they wrote the lonest punk song ever with The Decline, made fun of zepelin on their Liberal Animation album. Know that there are thousands of people who are more talented, arent egotistical assholes. got underoath to leave Warped Tour, and of course My Vagina.

oh and i love the flaming, its fun as shit.

Thomas
08-24-2006, 11:26 PM
How the hell are those bad lyrics? They aren't Led Zeppelin's best, but they are still pretty good. Read these lyrics and tell me what you think of them now:

In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man,
Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.
No matter how I try, I find my way into the same old jam.

[Chorus]
Good Times, Bad Times, you know I had my share;
When my woman left home for a brown eyed man,
Well, I still don't seem to care.

Sixteen, I fell in love with a girl as sweet as could be,
Only took a couple of days 'til she was rid of me.
She swore that she would be all mine and love me till the end,
But when I whispered in her ear, I lost another friend, oooh.

[Chorus]

I know what it means to be alone, I sure do wish I was at home.
I don't care what the neighbors say, I'm gonna love you each and every day.
You can feel the beat within my heart.
Realize, sweet babe, we ain't ever gonna part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Queen of Light took her bow, And then she turned to go,
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, And walked the night alone.

Oh, dance in the dark of night, Sing to the morning light.
The dark Lord rides in force tonight, And time will tell us all.

Oh, throw down your plow and hoe, Rest not to lock your homes.

Side by side we wait the might of the darkest of them all.

I hear the horses' thunder down in the valley blow,
I'm waiting for the angels of Avalon, waiting for the eastern glow.

The apples of the valley hold, The seeds of happiness,
The ground is rich from tender care, Repay, do not forget, no, no.
Dance in the dark of night, sing to the morning light.

The apples turn to brown and black, The tyrant's face is red.

Oh the war is common cry, Pick up you swords and fly.
The sky is filled with good and bad that mortals never know.

Oh, well, the night is long the beads of time pass slow,
Tired eyes on the sunrise, waiting for the eastern glow.

The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath,
The drums will shake the castle wall, the ring wraiths ride in black, Ride on.

Sing as you raise your bow, shoot straighter than before.
No comfort has the fire at night that lights the face so cold.

Oh dance in the dark of night, Sing to the morning light.
The magic runes are writ in gold to bring the balance back. Bring it back.

At last the sun is shining, The clouds of blue roll by,
With flames from the dragon of darkness, the sunlight blinds his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go. The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...

[Chorus]
Ramble On, And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song.
I'm goin' 'round the world, I got to find my girl, on my way.
I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On,
Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.

Got no time to for spreadin' roots, The time has come to be gone.
And to' our health we drank a thousand times, it's time to Ramble On.

[Chorus]

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.
How years ago in days of old, when magic filled the air.
T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair.
But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her, her, her....yeah.

[Chorus]

Gonna ramble on, sing my song. Gotta keep-a-searchin' for my baby...
Gonna work my way, round the world. I can't stop this feelin' in my heart
Gotta keep searchin' for my baby. I can't find my bluebird!

There are many more, but i'll spare you. It is clearly obvious that you hate them for one song. Try listening to ZOSO all the way through. If you don't like that album, then it is clearly obvious that you have no attention span whatsoever and all you need is FASTFASTFASTPUNKPUNKPUNK!!! BOOM! CRASH! SEX! BEER! PUNK!!!!! to enjoy a song. Relax. Songs don't have to be short to be entertaining. hell, look at Rush's 2112. That song is over 20 minutes long and it is fucking incredible from start to finish.

That_Guy91
08-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Maybe you should use a song he's probably heard, like Pay The Man.

DeAtHsTaR
08-24-2006, 11:55 PM
The first Led Zep song he posted has probably been heard by everyone. However, Pay the Man would be good to show him that long epics can be awesome.

That_Guy91
08-24-2006, 11:58 PM
The first Led Zep song he posted has probably been heard by everyone. However, Pay the Man would be good to show him that long epics can be awesome.
Yeah, that's what I meant. He obviously won't listen to reason when it comes to Led Zeppelin.

Thomas
08-25-2006, 07:33 AM

Nice...

Of course, songs like Kashmir and The Battle of Evermore are waaaaaaay better than Pay The Man, but you are probably right. I don't think he'll even bother.

bouncingcoles
08-25-2006, 07:53 AM
ya the new album is alright, but they fucking suck ass live. fat mike is just a drunken moron live and they spend more time talking then playing.

That_Guy91
08-25-2006, 08:04 AM
I saw them at Warped. I thought they were pretty good.

Retard
08-25-2006, 09:50 AM
You're right about one thing. one of the reasons why i hate them/everyother metal band around IS because i have no attention span. But then again i love songs like The Decline(18 minutes long) Pay the Man(offspring's), the two Green Day ones from American Idiot(i dont remember their names). Oh and punk aint all about sex, and booze, and shit like that (ever hear of a thing called straight edge? {guess not}) alot of punk bands are really fucking smart, just look at bands like Leftover Crack, The Clash, Rancid(they can be pretty fucking smart sometimes), Anti-Flag, and alot of the Anarcho Punk bands past and present.

I'll admit the lyrics to the first and last songs were ok, the one in the middle was fucking stupid(I"M SORRY I DONT LIKE SHIT ABOUT Fairies and hobbits, or things like that(i know that song wasnt about that but those are the only words i couls think of.)

I'm always listening to shit with and open ear, but i just cant listen to something like Robert Plant's voice without being afraid that my eardrums are gonna burst and i'm gonna start bleeding everywhere.

i still know that NOFX is hundred times better than Zepelin(in my opinion).

"It's My Job To Keep Punk Rock Elite"

Indiscriminate I'd rather be elite
I'll choose my own shit scene
Unsubstantiated rumors flown are true
I'm here for me not you

Nonconglumurate I mean what I say
I'm not your fucking scape
Goat apparently I've alienated some
It seems my job's half done

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite

This music ain't your fuckin' industry

I like energy in my music, zepelin is boring to me, yeah most punk bands know they have no talent, THATS THE FUCKING POINT!!! If I wanted to relax i'll put in a reggae cd.

Llamas
08-25-2006, 11:46 AM
NOFX will always be better because:
they've done just as many different styles as zepelin, Jazz, Blues, Reggae, Metal (they covered Iron Man), Ska, Reggae, Dub, they wrote the lonest punk song ever with The Decline, made fun of zepelin on their Liberal Animation album. Know that there are thousands of people who are more talented, arent egotistical assholes. got underoath to leave Warped Tour, and of course My Vagina.

just because they cover songs from other genres doesn't make them able to play that genre. doing ska and reggae means nothing because all they do there is play punk with hits on the off-beats. And they've NEVER actually done a song that was truly jazz, blues, or metal. Zeppelin's songs are purely of those styles. Everything NOFX does is still punk with a few influences.

Writing a long punk song isn't that amazing. (or lonest)

Making fun of someone doesn't make them good. that's just sad.

Fat Mike has been known to be an asshole before. And zep isn't egotistical assholes, either. And they never claimed to be the most talented band ever.

DeAtHsTaR
08-25-2006, 11:57 AM
just because they cover songs from other genres doesn't make them able to play that genre. doing ska and reggae means nothing because all they do there is play punk with hits on the off-beats. And they've NEVER actually done a song that was truly jazz, blues, or metal. Zeppelin's songs are purely of those styles. Everything NOFX does is still punk with a few influences.

I consider Zeppelin to be blues mixed with hard rock. They are not metal. Hell, even Scott Ian agrees with that and that man knows metal. Not to say they aren't a great band, but I just can't call them metal in good conscience. (Sp?)

Llamas
08-25-2006, 12:24 PM
I didn't call them metal, so I don't know what you're going on about.

DeAtHsTaR
08-25-2006, 12:51 PM
I didn't call them metal, so I don't know what you're going on about.
You said the Zeppelin's songs were purely metal, along with some other genres. I don't know how that works but I digress.

Llamas
08-25-2006, 12:53 PM

I didn't say they're metal... I said that when zeppelin does a song that's another genre, it really is that genre, not just making a minor change.

Apathy
08-25-2006, 10:43 PM

That's one thing I can't stand about Nofx.

Just to make the lyrics fit in, he'll start a word in one sentence, and end it in another, that's just terrible.

I'mnotyourfuckingscape........GoatappearantlyI'vea lienatedsome.

Part just sounds bad. I still love the song though.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 12:39 AM
Midnight, no sleep, you're inside, you scream to no one
Hears you fall

Iíll never be satisfied with Romeo until I see him dead
is my poor heart, so upset am I about my cousinís death.

See? Many of the great poets of all time such as Dexter Holland and William Shakespeare have employed the same technique.

Oh shit, I'm not supposed to be DEFENDING Fat Mike.

Edit: Actually, I just noticed that the word "goat" doesn't have anything to do with the second line. Therefore, Fat Mike is still a talentless douche.

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Midnight, no sleep, you're inside, you scream to no one
Hears you fall

Iíll never be satisfied with Romeo until I see him dead
is my poor heart, so upset am I about my cousinís death.

See? Many of the great poets of all time such as Dexter Holland and William Shakespeare have employed the same technique.

Edit: Actually, I just noticed that the word "goat" doesn't have anything to do with the second line. Therefore, Fat Mike is still a talentless douche.
Goat? what?

PsychoticAndInsomniac
08-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Rather absurd that a NOFX thread turned into a 'Who's-better-NOFX-or-Led-Zeppelin' thread. And I don't like labelling music, but I think you can't compare two different...styles.

Back on topic, 'The decline' and a few songs included in 'Pump up the valuum' are fine, at least in my opinion. I haven't listened too much to their stuff, but I got 'S&M airlines' and 'So long and thanks for all the shoes' back when I was 15-16 and they were meh/bad. Oh yes, and the 'Go your own way' cover traumatized me.

*Off-topic: Led Zeppelin is one of my favourite bands, and I personally like their style WAY more than NOFX's. But that's me.

0r4ng3
08-26-2006, 09:32 AM

Um, you've never heard of a "scapegoat"?

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 09:40 AM
I have. But the full word "scapegoat" has to do with the first line, not the second. The second line is the one with which "goat" makes no sense.

noodlesfan
08-26-2006, 09:55 AM
I have. But the full word "scapegoat" has to do with the first line, not the second. The second line is the one with which "goat" makes no sense.
He writes songs before he puts music sometimes, that's just how it fit in. He continutes sentences in seperate lines all the time.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Well, then that's a shitty way to write songs! Christ, it doesn't make him any better.

noodlesfan
08-26-2006, 10:00 AM
I think concentrating on lyrics is more fun than having to write them to fit into a song.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Fun does not a good song make.

Thomas
08-26-2006, 10:17 AM
You're right about one thing. one of the reasons why i hate them/everyother metal band around IS because i have no attention span. But then again i love songs like The Decline(18 minutes long) Pay the Man(offspring's), the two Green Day ones from American Idiot(i dont remember their names). Oh and punk aint all about sex, and booze, and shit like that (ever hear of a thing called straight edge? {guess not}) alot of punk bands are really fucking smart, just look at bands like Leftover Crack, The Clash, Rancid(they can be pretty fucking smart sometimes), Anti-Flag, and alot of the Anarcho Punk bands past and present.

I'll admit the lyrics to the first and last songs were ok, the one in the middle was fucking stupid(I"M SORRY I DONT LIKE SHIT ABOUT Fairies and hobbits, or things like that(i know that song wasnt about that but those are the only words i couls think of.)

I'm always listening to shit with and open ear, but i just cant listen to something like Robert Plant's voice without being afraid that my eardrums are gonna burst and i'm gonna start bleeding everywhere.

i still know that NOFX is hundred times better than Zepelin(in my opinion).

"It's My Job To Keep Punk Rock Elite"

Indiscriminate I'd rather be elite
I'll choose my own shit scene
Unsubstantiated rumors flown are true
I'm here for me not you

Nonconglumurate I mean what I say
It seems my job's half done

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite

This music ain't your fuckin' industry

I like energy in my music, zepelin is boring to me, yeah most punk bands know they have no talent, THATS THE FUCKING POINT!!! If I wanted to relax i'll put in a reggae cd.

I understand that you like NOFX more. Just don't say that they are better. I like The Offspring more than Rush, but Rush is about 239582958260324965 times better than The Offspring. THere is a difference between enjoying a band more than another and thinking one is better than the other.

And as for the Battle of Evermore, just because you don't like songs on that topic, it doesn't mean that it is bad. That song isn't even a rock song, but it is so powerful. I think that it just shows how extremely versitale Led Zeppelin really was. I have never heard another band be so versatile in my life.

Besides, John Bonham alone is reason enough to listen to Led Zeppelin. That man is fucking phenomenal.

Retard
08-26-2006, 08:52 PM
alright i dont wanna sound like a doosh(yeah i know i spelt it wrong i like spelling it like that), but lets just end this stupid argument.

neither of us are gonna convince the other on this. I do respect your opinion on the subject. but then again you have yours and i have mine.

i came off as a total asshole during this thing(i dont regret it much, but watever.) but now i just hope we can all go back to being friendly peers(or whatever you wanna call it.)

nofx is better!!!!!!

hahahahaha :D

Endymion
08-27-2006, 01:58 AM
alright i dont wanna sound like a doosh(yeah i know i spelt it wrong i like spelling it like that), but lets just end this stupid argument.

neither of us are gonna convince the other on this. I do respect your opinion on the subject. but then again you have yours and i have mine.

i came off as a total asshole during this thing(i dont regret it much, but watever.) but now i just hope we can all go back to being friendly peers(or whatever you wanna call it.)

nofx is better!!!!!!

hahahahaha :D
http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/classic/grammar.jpg
http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/classic/grammer.jpg
ps: you're a stupid fucking douche.

offspring kid
08-27-2006, 09:31 AM
They have nice punkish sound.... i only like one song by them ( seeing double at the tripple rock )

Anarhy
08-27-2006, 12:11 PM
I really like NoFX)) They are great.

panzor41
08-27-2006, 01:26 PM
NOFX is a top 5 for me.

Retard
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah for me as well