PDA

View Full Version : woah...this is weird

killboypwrheadjx
06-22-2005, 08:04 AM
i dont know if anyone whos reading this has this bootleg. but you might wanna check it out. on "Live From 1991" (you can download this here (http://offspring.art.pl/?m=media&category=l)), listen to the very beginning of "Tehran," before the song starts and you'll hear noodles dicking around on the guitar. well...he plays the EXACT rift from "Pay the Man." and this is like...10 years before Americana came out! i just thought that was cool...

SkyRocker
06-22-2005, 08:08 AM
You can hear it at the end of "Smash" too.

Cejus
06-22-2005, 08:09 AM
:eek: Yeah, you're right! I hadn't even noticed it! mmmh, I suppose The Offspring has always liked those "arab rhythms", so they could have make this riff back in 1991 and used it later when recording 'Pay the man'. By the way, I think 'Pay the man' was originally written for 'Ixnay on the Hombre', and it was left out and recorded later for Americana... :rolleyes:

Tired_Of_You
06-22-2005, 08:21 AM
You can hear it at the end of "Smash" too.No, at the end of Smash you can hear the beginning of Amazed and a couple of minutes later you hear Come Out & Play acoustic.

killboypwrheadjx
06-22-2005, 08:36 AM
the beginning of Change the World, you mean?

Ceejio21
06-22-2005, 10:06 AM
I reckon they should've done something with "Coggs" (sp?) cos that riff that they played in the studio interview on the Dual Disc sounded pretty cool. Dexter played it really well, it sounded really fresh as if it wasn't over ten years ago since he'd last played it.

offspring_freak_3
06-22-2005, 10:25 AM
the beginning of Change the World, you mean?

yeah it is what it wanted to say :D
just listen to it and gives attention :D

offspring_freak_3
06-22-2005, 10:27 AM
i dont know if anyone whos reading this has this bootleg. but you might wanna check it out. on "Live From 1991" (you can download this here (http://offspring.art.pl/?m=media&category=l)), listen to the very beginning of "Tehran," before the song starts and you'll hear noodles dicking around on the guitar. well...he plays the EXACT rift from "Pay the Man." and this is like...10 years before Americana came out! i just thought that was cool...

yeah I already had perceived this :D
itīs not new!

IdiotOfTheDay
06-22-2005, 10:52 AM
I reckon they should've done something with "Coggs" (sp?) cos that riff that they played in the studio interview on the Dual Disc sounded pretty cool. Dexter played it really well, it sounded really fresh as if it wasn't over ten years ago since he'd last played it.
Me and my friend were laughing when Noodles was trying to figure it out...he knew about the song but didn't know how to play it, so that was pretty weird.

SkyRocker
06-22-2005, 11:14 AM
No, at the end of Smash you can hear the beginning of Amazed and a couple of minutes later you hear Come Out & Play acoustic.

Tabernacle ! I'm confused !
The Offspring fan that I am ( not ? ) have to commit suicide, how could i mislead like that... :(

DexterWannabe
06-22-2005, 02:32 PM
:eek: Yeah, you're right! I hadn't even noticed it! mmmh, I suppose The Offspring has always liked those "arab rhythms", so they could have make this riff back in 1991 and used it later when recording 'Pay the man'. By the way, I think 'Pay the man' was originally written for 'Ixnay on the Hombre', and it was left out and recorded later for Americana... :rolleyes:
true, but why did they waited so long with put it on a record?

Little_Miss_1565
06-22-2005, 04:06 PM
I think that riff can be tracked through all the albums...most of them have been mentioned here already. Someone needs to make a website!

SicN Twisted
06-22-2005, 04:09 PM
They've been overusing that riff throughout their carreers. I guess it's cause it's a cool riff that deserves repetition, although a bit of a Beatles rip off (while my guitar gently weeps, anyone?). Still, NIN repeats this one lick in every album too, it's actually kind of cool and helps bands create an ongoing vibe to themselves.

Little_Miss_1565
06-22-2005, 04:17 PM
They've been overusing that riff throughout their carreers. I guess it's cause it's a cool riff that deserves repetition, although a bit of a Beatles rip off (while my guitar gently weeps, anyone?). Still, NIN repeats this one lick in every album too, it's actually kind of cool and helps bands create an ongoing vibe to themselves.

Agreed with everything, but the "While my Guitar Gently Weeps" part. I'm not hearing it.

dain84
06-22-2005, 05:10 PM
More like twenty.

Sinister
06-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Tabernacle ! I'm confused !
The Offspring fan that I am ( not ? ) have to commit suicide, how could i mislead like that... :(

first, it "tabernacle" was an attempt to swear like a Quebecois, the bad word version is spelled "tabarnak."
second, being an Offspring fan is a good reason to NOT commit suicide.

0r4ng3
06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Me and my friend were laughing when Noodles was trying to figure it out...he knew about the song but didn't know how to play it, so that was pretty weird.
Yeah, even I figured out how to play it quicker than Noodles did.

killboypwrheadjx
06-22-2005, 08:40 PM
what does NIN repeat? i mean...lyric-wise, they obviously repeat everything (nothing can stop me now), but i think each album is VERY distinct music-wise.

Tired_Of_You
06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
the beginning of Change the World, you mean?Oops, yeah. :o

ashtray_girl_1
06-23-2005, 03:57 AM
they wrote pay the man in 96/97, they were gonna put it on ixnay but it didn't fit in! :confused:

AlphaDrake
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Its the riff of Come out and Play isnt it?

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 06:06 PM

well offspring repeat parts they like often like the song genocide and americana have the same lead check it out

FaceTheFlames
06-28-2005, 12:38 PM
If you ever listen to Green Day , half of their stuff u hear on like.. Nimrod, was written around the time of 1039 Smoothed out Slappy Hours... so you never know... they may have been screwin with it since then.
~Tara