PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hits Cd Side

Rancid_Guyxxx
06-22-2005, 12:08 PM
I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I bought the dual disc yesterday, and I put it in my computer immediately, and sadly the cd side doesnt play in my computer. So next I tried it in my cd player, and it doesn't work there either, it says no disc. Then I tried it in my discman, and it finally worked, but I never listen to my discman, I either use my computer or cd player. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Oh and it's not because my computers a piece of junk every other cd I have plays fine in it.

Sinister
06-22-2005, 12:10 PM
I'd say your comp is to blame. but I honestly do not know, as I don't have my GH yet.

dain84
06-22-2005, 12:13 PM
I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I bought the dual disc yesterday, and I put it in my computer immediately, and sadly the cd side doesnt play in my computer. So next I tried it in my cd player, and it doesn't work there either, it says no disc. Then I tried it in my discman, and it finally worked, but I never listen to my discman, I either use my computer or cd player. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Oh and it's not because my computers a piece of junk every other cd I have plays fine in it.
mine works just fine. Remember, it's only the cd side if the word CD on the disc is UP.

Rancid_Guyxxx
06-22-2005, 12:15 PM
I dont see how it could be my computer when every other cd I have ever inserted has worked, thats a lot of cd's, and on top of that it doesn't work in my cd player, which also has played every cd I have.

Sinister
06-22-2005, 12:32 PM
sorry. no idea what the problem is.

Skate Rat 19
06-22-2005, 12:53 PM
the side that says CD faces upward, and the DVD faces down

offspring_freak_3
06-22-2005, 03:04 PM

YOU COULD PUT THE RONG SIDE OF THE CD

Kitten
06-22-2005, 03:14 PM
mine works just fine. Remember, it's only the cd side if the word CD on the disc is UP.

Consider the fact that he got it working in his discman, I'd be guessing he would have tried it in his computer again after that.
What are the specs of the computer, and also what type of CD drive is it?

Rancid_Guyxxx
06-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks for your ideas guys but I was putting it in the right way. As for my cd drive its an E Drive. It has cd rom, cd writer, and a dvd burner. I really dont know what the problem could be and it sounds like nobody else is having the problem so it must be something to do with my computer and the way it reacts to the cd? I know on the back of the G.H case in small print it says that not all cd players will play the audio side. I guess that has something to do with it. Thanks anyways guys.

0r4ng3
06-22-2005, 07:18 PM
On the CD case (back, bottom left corner) it says it does not conform to certain specifications, and the CD side will not work on all CD players. Maybe that's the problem.

vintagepunkrock7
06-22-2005, 08:20 PM
when i was opening mine my step-sister walked in the room and when she saw that it was a dualdisc she told me to be careful with it cause she heard that alot of people have problems getting the cd side to play in some cd players. so i guess its a dualdisc thing

neocon58
06-23-2005, 12:09 AM
it's because........you stole jebus' avatar.

Noodles II
06-23-2005, 02:15 AM
it's because........you stole jebus' avatar.
Damnit! You Said It Befor I Was! Damnit! Oh Well He Will RIH

neocon58
06-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Damnit! You Said It Befor I Was! Damnit! Oh Well He Will RIH

RIH? Rot in hell?

You got nerve.

Hyper nova
06-23-2005, 07:06 AM
There has been Several reports on DualDisk not working properly Most players read the DVD Fine and lots read the CD Fine As well. But some wont read the CD Side. Its Becasue The Disk would actually be slightly thicker if the CD Side was the same thinkness as normal and so the CD side is half thikness so this causes Errors. however severall DVds come out with Double sided Disks one side for 16:9 other side for 4:3 (or Special Fetures). So the DVD Side runs fine. Slot loading CD players seem to have a harder time such as the apple iMac.

Tahts why im glad the UK release is a CD +DVD and not DD

See This article (http://stereophile.com/asweseeit/105awsi/) for more

Jebus
06-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Why are you people stealing my incredibly awesome Jem avatar?