PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Offspring.com Moderators

administrator_old
06-22-2005, 01:59 PM
The vote closes 6/27/05.

One vote per customer.

In an effort to get the mod system up and rolling as soon as possible, we have chosen members out of the nomination thread to be voted on. Hence, some of those nominated there have been left out. There is no individual reason for this and we understand that we may have overlooked someone deserving in the process. For those left out, please know that no judgement has been made against you and there will be future opportunities to be mods.

** Update: There will be two moderators per forum. The moderator that gets the most votes gets first pick, and then down the line until all the slots are full.

Trippy
06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
will there be only one moderator for the whole board? sorry, but only a few of those posts on the offspring discussions and that way could be mods there.

Sinister
06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
something tells me TUNB has a good chance of becoming a mod.

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Arrrgh. Choosing between Endymion, HornyPope, and Mota Boy was way too difficult. Anyway, most of the choices look great, so no need to worry.

Noodles is gay
06-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Where's noodles is gay? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/new/bawling.gif

I wanted to do it too, I'd be awesome - first I miss out on being Head Girl and now this! My life is practically over!

Sinister
06-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Where's noodles is gay? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/new/bawling.gif

I wanted to do it too, I'd be awesome - first I miss out on being Head Girl and now this! My life is practically over!

no way ! besides there are more important things in life than Offspring.com forums (seriously!). wanna hug ? *hugs* there ya go, all better.

Endymion
06-22-2005, 02:24 PM
you can vote for as many as you'd like, ricky.

the_GoDdEsS
06-22-2005, 02:28 PM
will there be only one moderator for the whole board? sorry, but only a few of those posts on the offspring discussions and that way could be mods there.

That's what I would like to know too. Will you choose the people who receive the most votes? And if so, how do we decide who mods which part of the forums? Matter of agreement?

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Where's noodles is gay?

Your racist rant probably disqualified you from the running. We know it was in jest and apologies have been accepted, but I seriously doubt most of the board would have voted for you after that. No offense, just trying to let you know.

you can vote for as many as you'd like, ricky.

I noticed, but the original message still said "one vote per customer", so I thought that any extra votes would have been ignored or disqualified?

administrator_old
06-22-2005, 02:36 PM
You can't come back and vote again later but you can have more than one vote on your ballot.

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 02:37 PM
I see. In that case, is it cool if I make some extra votes now, and only now? I made one vote earlier, but I'd like to give one vote each to some other worthy candidates and be on my way.

coke_a_holic
06-22-2005, 03:11 PM
I wonder who the poor souls are that got left out...

Besides Jenny, of course.

nieh
06-22-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm not on there!? *sobs*

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Whoa, you're not! I'm willing to bet you would have had a decent chance too.

panzor41
06-22-2005, 03:50 PM
I voted for you!^

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Whoa, Rick and I are neck and neck. Sweet.

I won't say who I voted for; I believe in the secret ballot.

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 04:09 PM
I already mentioned one of my votes, but it's pretty cool that you and I are neck and neck here. Clearly, we rule.

Little_Miss_1565
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
w3rd to the secret ballot.

Though I'm disappointed your sig isn't getting me more votes, TUNB ;)

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-22-2005, 04:15 PM
I would have said "If you show me yours I'll vote for you" but I've already voted.

Shit.

Holy hell, Tijs got loads of votes all of a sudden. Christ! Rick! We iz lozin!

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-22-2005, 04:18 PM
No disrespect to Tijs, but am I the only one who finds this a little suspicious? He just got about 12 votes in as many minutes.

LOdAT
06-22-2005, 04:29 PM
hEY!!!!!!!!! yOU DIDNT FUCKING PUT ME IN THE FUCKING POLL, YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT MOTHERFUCKING ADMINASTRATOR! SUCK MY FUCKING BALLS, BITCH! YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! BANN ME! BANN ME! ILL COME BACK! I DONT GIVE A FUCK! IP BAN ME! DO IT! FUCKING FAG! I HAVE 4 COMPUTERS IN MY FUCKING HOUSE YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT! AND YOU WONT FUCKING GET RID OF ME BITCHES! YOU HEAR IT! AND FUCKING I.P BANN ME IN ALL 4 COMPUTERS, ILL FUCKING USE THE FUCKING LIBRARY COMPUTER ASS!!!!!!!!!!!AND I.P BANN ME FROM THERE! I'LL USE MY FRIENDS COMPUTERS, WHICH IS 3!

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-22-2005, 04:31 PM
^ You've just put a perfect case for your late nomination.

Fly White Guy
06-22-2005, 04:32 PM
It seems kinda weird. Last time I checked you and JohnnyNemesis were tied up, and now Tijs is in first. I don't think Tijs is the type to create multiple accounts though. Or maybe Jack the Tripper is about, hoping to knock you and JohnnyNemesis out of the spots for mod.

Trippy
06-22-2005, 04:33 PM
what the heck, tijs has got quite a many votes all thet sudden. :eek: someone prolly votes him many times somehow. :p

Jack the Tripper
06-22-2005, 04:34 PM
I didn't vote for anyone. I don't care who the mod is and I don't care about anyone who's running now. But if I were one of the nominees....

voodoomagik
06-22-2005, 04:35 PM
endymion will do a great job...i think...

Fly White Guy
06-22-2005, 04:35 PM
I didn't vote for anyone. I don't care who the mod is and I don't care about anyone who's running now. But if I were one of the nominees....

Sure Jack...

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Who else has so many votes because of so many accounts?

Yes Jack, that is correct.

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Tijs would be an awesome mod anyway. I hope there's no bullshit going on here and that the votes are clean though.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-22-2005, 04:43 PM
I've always thought Tijs would be an awesome mod for General Offspring Discussion. Though I'm pretty sure whoever did it, did it to knock you and/or myself off the top spot.

Jack the Tripper
06-22-2005, 04:49 PM
I wouldv'e voted for I don't know but she didn't nominate herself. I think Noodles should've nominated himself.

Trippy
06-22-2005, 04:49 PM
who wants to mod "your band", eh? how are they chosen? the one with most votes get to choose what section he wants, and the least will be left with "your band"?

HeadAroundU
06-22-2005, 04:50 PM
I voted for Tijs , the_GoDdEsS & JohnyNemesis.

neocon58
06-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Go Tijs and Johnny.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-22-2005, 04:53 PM
who wants to mod "your band", eh? how are they chosen? the one with most votes get to choose what section he wants, and the least will be left with "your band"?

Heh, very true. That'd be quite an easy job.

Jack the Tripper
06-22-2005, 04:53 PM
This is kinda stupid becasue it's more of a popularity contest rather than who should really be the moderator.

Jack the Tripper
06-22-2005, 04:54 PM
holy shit. Tijs is getting a lot of votes all of a sudden.

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Bullshit, Jack. You say Noodles should be mod, and he's never even around. He's too busy for that. That's not favoritism on your part?

Plus, everyone knows you're friends with I don't know, and you say she should be mod, when 95% of her posts consist of "hehehehehehehehehe". How is that not a popularity issue?

Besides, what qualities do YOU feel a mod should have, Jack? Making tons of "least favorite", "most favorite", "favorite pop", "favorite comedy" threads concerning The Offspring? Making tributes to Weird Al daily?

Trippy
06-22-2005, 04:59 PM
it's a clear win for tijs. the guy gets like one vote every minute. i think i didnt saw that many people nominating him.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Very true. But he'll almost certainly take General Offspring Discussion. General Chat's where I want in.

Sinister
06-22-2005, 05:07 PM
don't worry dude you're in second position, while *I* didnt even get nominated :( haha j/k I don't really care, I'd be a lousy mod anyway.

HornyPope
06-22-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm glad you used my list, administrator, but your mistake is to give everyone the vote. Wrong, wrong, wrong! You open the poll up to major cheats--people will just use their multiple accounts to vote and ask friends to vote for them and a bunch of other crap. We have maybe 5000 registered members. Onlya hundred, however, can consider themselves a casual board frequanters ergo having the right to say what affects them.

I say- take the nominees from the poll, and have THEM choose a moderator (excluding themselves). I understand some might be frustrated that they have no right to vote, but at least in this scenario you have a vote where every single voice counts because at least the nominees are not brain dead morons like certain of the casual voters.

Skate Rat 19
06-22-2005, 05:35 PM
imagine what jonny nemises would do to me if he had administrative power

Endymion
06-22-2005, 05:36 PM

i can see it now: he'd do nothing.

Sinister
06-22-2005, 05:37 PM
(pretty wise stuff)

do what he said. for the sake of the forums.

Chris
06-22-2005, 06:07 PM
no need for all these mods just an admin doing their job, or failing that, giving someone suitable powers whose objective and knows what they're doing (i.e. HP)

oh well, kitten gets my vote...

0r4ng3
06-22-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't even remember who I voted for. I would make a slightly better mod than about 2 weeks ago, on the grounds that I don't post in orange anymore. I don't care, I can't be a mod, even if I wanted to.

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 06:36 PM

You're just saying that because you don't like me. Grow up and admit that the problem with our quarrels have been YOU, not me.

Wait, you were talking about "jonny nemises", not me. My bad.

administrator_old
06-22-2005, 06:38 PM
...at least in this scenario you have a vote where every single voice counts because at least the nominees are not brain dead morons like certain of the casual voters.

How can every single voice count if we limit the number of people who can vote? While I might agree that those I might consider "brain dead morons" don't deserve the right to vote, we want to give everyone a chance.

Don't worry. Moderators will not be given the power to ban users or abuse their powers.

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Don't worry. Moderators will not be given the power to ban users or abuse their powers.

This is what I was getting at in the other threads. Moderators enforce rules, not make 'em, and are subject to the same consequences as anyone else, I'd hope.

Why should anyone feel threatened?

ruroken
06-22-2005, 07:05 PM
FUCK!!! I'm not on!!! Now stop voting for TUNB and vote for Rick!!!! BASTARDS!!!!!

nieh
06-22-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm glad you used my list, administrator, but your mistake is to give everyone the vote. Wrong, wrong, wrong! You open the poll up to major cheats--people will just use their multiple accounts to vote and ask friends to vote for them and a bunch of other crap. We have maybe 5000 registered members. Onlya hundred, however, can consider themselves a casual board frequanters ergo having the right to say what affects them.

I agree to some extent, mostly on the issue of the multiple accounts. As someone who's pretty much completely impartial (what with being left off the poll *continues sobbing*), Jack The Tripper alone has about 15 different accounts, primarily consisting of "fakes" of other members (i.e. something along the lines of "TripBoi" instead of "TripBoy" where he'll use the same avatar and sig as the person he's faking, etc), so I can't be bothered to remember and list all his screen names. Anyway, for something like this I'd recommend registering votes only by IP address, not by user name.

If that account issue were resolved, then I'd suggest a slightly different voting procedure. A lot of people here are in tight with a certain group of friends, but other groups may have issues with them. While their friends might genuinely think they'd do a good job, the other group might think they'd be unfair and should have a place to voice this. Perhaps a second poll should be made where everyone gets one vote (and only one vote, not one vote like this where you can vote for as many people as you want) for who they think absolutely should not be mod? Every vote someone gets in that thread will take 1 away from the votes they get in this thread, and whoever has the most votes in the end would win. Just an option.

This whole thing shouldn't be as big of an issue as a lot of people are making it.

Rag Doll
06-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Good list...minus the lack of Nieh =\. Pretty shocked to see my name up there, since nobody seems to know me anymore. So....yay. =)

For the most part, I agree about limiting who votes...especially because some people here have many different accounts. Ah well.

Camilamazed
06-22-2005, 08:01 PM
I voted for Tijs. Although I believe him to be a good Modmto the offspring General discussion.

Rick and Dave would be the Generel chat Mods

And Per the Policts Mod

We would vote for different people, I guess.Not only one.

roruken
06-22-2005, 08:20 PM
I really think I don't know should be the moderator.
Also, can a moderator be banned?

Little_Miss_1565
06-22-2005, 08:24 PM
....did I ever mention I used to be the Fan Corner mod on the old incarnation of the BBS? *bats eyelashes*

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2005, 08:25 PM
I really think I don't know should be the moderator.
Also, can a moderator be banned?

Shut up, Jack the Tripper.

Sorry, just had to get that out. To answer your question, on other boards I've been on, Moderators have been banned, but it was extreeeeeeemely rare because chosen Mods are typically those who would never do anything that would get them banned.

leo3375
06-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Although I am a nominee, I voted for Tijs because of his experience on moderating Web boards.

Rag Doll
06-22-2005, 09:33 PM
....did I ever mention I used to be the Fan Corner mod on the old incarnation of the BBS? *bats eyelashes*

And I used to moderate the Band Member's forum on the old bbs?

*more batting of the eyelashes from this general direction*

Dexter_H
06-22-2005, 11:56 PM
I voted Tijs, but I had no idea he would be winning. I think it must be because of theoffspring.info. I'm sure if Jesus was in the poll as well he would have been up there.

ninth
06-23-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm offended that sKratch has incorrect capitalization in this poll.

Tijs
06-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Hell I got a lot of votes. I didn't create any more accounts btw, I just logged in to check the forum and this is what I saw. Quite awesome though :p
Anyway, I voted for;

HornyPope
Mota boy
TheUnholyNightbringer
Wheelchairman

Jesus
06-23-2005, 02:17 AM
Go Tijs and someone close to my heart (only a meter)!

Izie
06-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Meh, I'm gonna be all whiny too, and complain about the fact that the freaks with more than one account can vote, but I'm very well aware of the fact not much can be done about it.

Nieh had a good idea there, with voting who should definitely NOT be mod.

Pope's idea about the nominees voting eachother is good, but blah, I'm all for the idea that everyone gets to vote, but not more than once. Not possible I suppose :/ Hopefully it turns out well this way too *sigh* But it's still not right :/

Obie2trice
06-23-2005, 03:04 AM
Johnny you got my vote

Preecey
06-23-2005, 03:25 AM
I voted Tijs because he seems to be a decent enough guy.

HornyPope
06-23-2005, 03:30 AM
How can every single voice count if we limit the number of people who can vote? While I might agree that those I might consider "brain dead morons" don't deserve the right to vote, we want to give everyone a chance.

I meant "in this scenario, everyone who cast a vote has his voice count", as opposed to your current poll which is open to anyone without the slightest idea of who are the nominees. For all you know, they (the people who visited the board for maybe three times) might vote because they find the screen name of the nominee funny; and then to add insult to injury they take another account and cast another vote. Fair, huh? Mind you, registration to the boards is still open so what's stopping anyone from creating any number of accounts they please? Fast forward 200 bogus memeberships created and
we have ourselves a worthless poll.

Look- there are maybe 100 people on this board who post at least once a week. 150 tops. If you broaden the nominees list to say 40 names, we are including almost half of the regular members. I'm sorry for the 60 who are left out, but it's more fair to allow 40 votes at the expense of 60 who don't get to vote, than allow up to 5000 votes of whom only 100 (that's 2%) can honestly say they care enough for this board to be able to choose a moderator. Under my proposition, we risk offending several dozen of people who are already pissed at you for not including them in the initial 22-member poll, but the upside is we have a poll that NO ONE can dispute the results. Under your proposition, the poll is open to any sorts of frauds and cheats without any measure to check for authnicity, and people are still upset over not recieving the nomination.

The very LEAST you can do is make the vote public and so we can see if any bogus memebers cast a vote (and I guarantee you, they have).

I think the idea of an internet representative-democracy is very sweet, but unless you have any ways at your disposal to secure everyone his voice, you'll fall out flat despite the efforts. If you can't enforce it, don't bother. You know what Louis XIV had engraved on his fire cannons? Ultima Ratio Regum--or in plain English: "(this is the) final argument of Kings".

WebDudette
06-23-2005, 05:02 AM
hey the american political system isnt that bad :rolleyes:

c0d3r
06-23-2005, 05:03 AM
I demand an appeal! Let's start a petition! This is insufferable! Illegal! Totally destructive of harmony! We're worth 10 times the nerds chosen in there! What the hell! Where is notdoc? Where are you? Where am I in this piece of shitty codswallop!!! This won't pass unnoticed! I'll refer to the highest authorities! *bangs fist on desk*

Maria
right.

it's illegal! LOL! - who said it IS legal. come to think of it, for the internet, there aren't many laws (only if u hack a site or child pedofilia, etc). especially about some ppl not being in the moderator poll..

okay, let's say u get in, get 3 votes. and *poof. would that make you happier?

c0d3r
06-23-2005, 05:05 AM
yeah even better than what has been going on here

alright I'll start a petition about the mods nominees in that subforum

you can sign on it

I'm simply outraged.

Maria
uhm.

guess what?

no one cares.

WebDudette
06-23-2005, 05:13 AM
wtf is the point of the huge gap in your post

guess what?

fuck off!

c i didnt need to take up the whole page

c0d3r
06-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Get the fuck off fucking moron. I sure don't give a shit what you think you piece of slimy shit. Get the fuck out of my view you're obfuscating it.

Maria

http://www.lifesvigor.com/product-images/053111.jpg http://www.funtoosh.com/images/thumb/chill_pill_thumb.jpg

WebDudette
06-23-2005, 05:16 AM
anyways i suppot what maria says

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-23-2005, 05:49 AM
Oh Maria, stop crying.

c0d3r
06-23-2005, 05:55 AM
The vote closes 6/27/05.

....some of those nominated there have been left out. There is no individual reason for this and we understand that we may have overlooked someone deserving in the process. For those left out, please know that no judgement has been made against you and there will be future opportunities to be mods.
Maria, never lose hope...

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-23-2005, 07:50 AM
If people feel they are deserving to be on the list, they will ask the Administrator in due course. If you don't consider yourself a said person, don't say anything. If you do, run your mini-campaign, but for yourself only. Other people are able to speak for themselves. Did you also consider that maybe people you consider worthy don't actually want to be moderators, and therefore didnt nominate themselves?

wheelchairman
06-23-2005, 07:54 AM
I voted for a hell of a lot of people. I think more than half, as I believed they would all make good moderators.

Exciting, I'm in 7th place. I would like to mod the pols forum. And I am rather unbiased so don't worry, I've modded pol forums with people who I found despicable, and they had no problems.

Sinister
06-23-2005, 07:55 AM
If people feel they are deserving to be on the list, they will ask the Administrator in due course. If you don't consider yourself a said person, don't say anything. If you do, run your mini-campaign, but for yourself only. Other people are able to speak for themselves. Did you also consider that maybe people you consider worthy don't actually want to be moderators, and therefore didnt nominate themselves?

indeed....

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Did you also consider I might have canvassed before I started my frigging petition? Did you also consider I don't give a tinker's fuck about that? Did you also consider that if ppl might wish to join me, they will do so willingly? Did you also consider I ain't arm-twisting anyone? Did you also consider we're in a democracy & I can do what I will as long as my liberty doesn't infringe on yours? Did you also consider not to rile me up, frigging twat?

Maria

Jees.. what side of who's bed did YOU wake up on?

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-23-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm in a bad mood.

I hadn't noticed.

Kerr
06-23-2005, 08:11 AM
I voted for JohnnyNemesis and Endymion.

OH SHIT I was meant to vote for TUNB too... damn...!

JohnnyNemesis
06-23-2005, 08:17 AM
Your racist rant probably disqualified you from the running. We know it was in jest and apologies have been accepted, but I seriously doubt most of the board would have voted for you after that. No offense, just trying to let you know.

Duskygrin, I'm not sure if this helps, but that was my explanation of why Jenny didn't get a nomination. I mean, it's pretty obvious. No way are people who appear to be racist going to even get voted in. You'd have to be crazy to think that Noodles is gay or Sin Studly would even stand a chance.

And yes, it's clear that you're upset that one of your friends didn't get a nod, I just read between the lines even though names weren't mentioned.

c0d3r
06-23-2005, 08:18 AM
For all I know, ppl might think I'm generally impossibly tensed up. Well this is a misconception. I just wish c0d2r were here so I could try my knuckledusters on him.

Maria
i really hate to repeat myself, but ...

http://www.lifesvigor.com/product-images/053111.jpg http://www.funtoosh.com/images/thumb/chill_pill_thumb.jpg

having a bad hair day or PMS?

JohnnyNemesis
06-23-2005, 08:32 AM
I understand, but I don't think it was unfair, for reasons quoted in my previous post.

Endymion
06-23-2005, 08:35 AM
ok guys, no need for a hissy fit in this topic.

maria, they didn't put jenny on it. that's it. as stated, some people were simply overlooked. mods will by cycled in and out, she'll have a chance in the future.

c0d3r
06-23-2005, 08:40 AM
c0dzergzr, get the HELL out of my view. I'm looking fine, no menstruation, but the nerves of my fingertips are tingling with this URGE to crush you.

Maria

go for some therapy.

http://lildarlinzkidzdolls.homestead.com/files/Therapy.jpg

seriously.

c0d3r
06-23-2005, 08:51 AM
The only therapy I know of is to give in to my urges.

Maria
anyways.

i suggest to stop being off topic and concentrate on the topic of this thread which is "Vote For Offspring.com Moderators" not "I have rage problems"

Fly White Guy
06-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Maria stayed on topic. On topic about moderators. You on the other hand, are talking about fucking chill pills.

Brines
06-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Is it just me or is Maria not on the list? :(

Julie
06-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Horny Pope, Little_Miss_1565 and Tijs got my vote. All members I knew from the old BBS.

I hope the mods aren't gonna have priviledges, such as backstage passes and what not, that would totally not be cool and pretty much pathetic to give out those kinda priviledges. Meh, we'll see.

Vera
06-23-2005, 12:29 PM
I hope the mods aren't gonna have priviledges, such as backstage passes and what not, that would totally not be cool and pretty much pathetic to give out those kinda priviledges. Meh, we'll see.
Doubtful. Why would they? Hanging out here a lot doesn't mean you're a huge fan of the Offspring, not necessarily.

Mota Boy
06-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Personally, I think it'd be better if General Discussion and General Offspring Chat had three or four mods, seeing as those receive the vast majority of traffic. Politics, Other Bands and perhaps Tours could have a couple, but Offspring.com Discussion and Your Band really only need one.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-23-2005, 01:07 PM
I think General Offspring Discussion definitely needs more than two, but I don't think General Chat does. I don't think it gets SO much influx that it needs three. Though word on the Other Bands and Offspring.com Talk - I can't see the need for two there.

Linda
06-23-2005, 05:45 PM
HP is just upset 'cos he's not getting as many votes as he thought he would.
Guess he's not as important as he thought he was.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Pot calling kettle black?

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-23-2005, 06:54 PM
keep the votes coming for TUNB

Why are you campaigning for me? I don't like you.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-23-2005, 07:01 PM
How surprisingly mature of you. I'm impressed.

Endymion
06-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Personally, I think it'd be better if General Discussion and General Offspring Chat had three or four mods, seeing as those receive the vast majority of traffic. Politics, Other Bands and perhaps Tours could have a couple, but Offspring.com Discussion and Your Band really only need one.

i agree that the higher traffic sections might be able to benefit from 3ish mods, but leaving the weaker ones with just one mod could lead to... well, poor judgement? sure it wouldn't last, but wasn't the point of two mods per section to be that there would be two different sets of eyes looking at issues? if not, sure, one for tour, off.com and your band, two for politics and other bands, three/four for general offspring and general chat would be around right.

HornyPope
06-23-2005, 08:56 PM
HP is just upset 'cos he's not getting as many votes as he thought he would.
Guess he's not as important as he thought he was.

I never estimate my importance based on a head count in a popularity contest. What's it to me whom punkangel and lodat and ruroken and jack the tripper and wishomie and their respective multiple accounts and friends voted for? They want to vote for their friends and whoever is nice to them in return. That's fine. Can't blame them. But i'm not one of such people. And I never claimed I was. It's nowhere an indicative of my importance or value, however.

HornyPope
06-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah, Endy the idea of two mods per form is definatly to avoid any forum of "descrimination" at the hands of one single moderator. With two mods, there's always someone else to offset the bias. That's pretty silly anyways because the kind of people we have nominated are not likely to be unfair to someone just to spite him, and besides it's not like the mods have any extraordinary power to abuse.

"Oh yeah, if you piss me off... i'm gonna... i'm gonna... EDIT YOUR POST, yeah that's what i'm gonna do!"

edit: typos

Linda
06-23-2005, 09:20 PM
yeah riiiiight

Little_Miss_1565
06-23-2005, 09:28 PM
I want validation! My self worth depends entirely on the outcome of this poll. Vote for me, because you dont' want for me to be saaad, do you? o noez!

At least so I can get lots more votes than Mota Boy ;)

/snarky

Betty
06-23-2005, 09:33 PM
This is like, the ultimate test of popularity... kinda interesting to see...

I voted for one person and then realized I could vote for more right after I clicked vote... dammit... better get on my imposter accounts to rectify that...

Anyway, the voting seems to be going well despite the possible multiple accounts votes that was brought up. I agree that different forums may need a different number of mods though. Also, how will it be decided on who goes where?

0r4ng3
06-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Also, how will it be decided on who goes where?
First place gets first pick, and so on, until each forum has two moderators.

Betty
06-23-2005, 09:43 PM
It probably said that somewhere and I was dumb and didn't read it. I apologize for that slip.

billiejoe87
06-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Who the hell are these people? I voted for Tijs because him and Johnny Nemesis are the only to users i know, and Tijs runs the offspring.info so he is a living legend.

Endymion
06-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Who the hell are these people? I voted for Tijs because him and Johnny Nemesis are the only to users i know, and Tijs runs the offspring.info so he is a living legend.
most of the people on the list have been regular posters on the official offspring board for between three and five years, most closer to the five end of things.

Tizzalicious
06-24-2005, 12:11 AM
This is like, the ultimate test of popularity... kinda interesting to see...

I voted for one person and then realized I could vote for more right after I clicked vote... dammit... better get on my imposter accounts to rectify that...

Same here...someone told me I could vote for more people, but I didn't realise that was the way to do it. And I didn't even vote for myself!

offspringrammsteinfan
06-24-2005, 12:24 AM
where the fuck is my name? PUT ME ON THA FUCKIN" LIST :cool:

Vera
06-24-2005, 04:41 AM
Tijs runs the offspring.info so he is a living legend.
theoffspring.info ?

Er, the user named Jesus runs that site.

No, wait, Tijs also runs it. But Jesus started it.

But yeah, good guys both of them. & Excellent site.

Tijs
06-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Indeed, Jesus started the whole thing, I just kissed his ass to get on there myself. I really need to be not-busy so I can rip some stuff again and upload.

Mota Boy
06-24-2005, 07:39 AM
At least so I can get lots more votes than Mota Boy
Damn it, you're even on top of me alphabetically. I blame your sexy avatar. If only there was some way that I could compete...

Hmmmm....

Mota Boy
06-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Ha! Now nothing can stop me!

HeadAroundU
06-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Little Missy Boy :D

Jesus
06-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Ha! Now nothing can stop me!

ha, that made me realize when I check "to see who wrote what" I mostly look at avatars...

the_GoDdEsS
06-24-2005, 09:36 AM
ha, that made me realize when I check "to see who wrote what" I mostly look at avatars...

Hahahahaaha. Hahaha. Same here. Hahahha, Claiborne!

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Hehe, that really confused me too.

Vera
06-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Damn it, you're even on top of me alphabetically. I blame your sexy avatar. If only there was some way that I could compete...

Hmmmm....
A Mota Boy who looks like 1565 is like my biggest sexual fantasy.

Little_Miss_1565
06-24-2005, 01:58 PM

Hmmmm....

You slut! Next time I see you, why I'm gonna...uhh...well, I'm gonna do something unpleasant!

offspring kid
06-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Tijs RULES

Brines
06-24-2005, 02:52 PM
I am deeply hurt by the fact that Duskygrin isn't on there. She has all of the qualities of a great leader.

JohnnyNemesis
06-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Except the ability to communicate in a language everyone understands.

Deicidal Maniac
06-25-2005, 04:46 PM
From what I remember Tijs is really, really dopey so I guess it's natural that he'd get the most votes.

Well, so much for electing good mods...

___
06-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Shut up ozymandias. No one wants to hear the opinions of gay porn lovers.

0r4ng3
06-25-2005, 09:31 PM
The fact that someone watches gay porn should have no impact on their opinion about moderators, nor should it affect whether we care or not.

___
06-25-2005, 09:34 PM
then why do you care enough to respond?

Not Ozymandias
06-25-2005, 11:13 PM
This message is hidden because ___ is on your ignore list.

Sin Studly
06-26-2005, 02:26 AM
Maria's hissyfit = gold.

Little_Miss_1565
06-26-2005, 06:25 AM

HEY NOW. I <3 gay porn. And that is why everyone should vote for me.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Maybe I should sponsor you via my signature again.

Little_Miss_1565
06-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Perhaps. I'm a bit offended that something about skateboarding was deemed more sigworthy than my crotch, you know.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-26-2005, 10:45 AM
People were sending me PM's saying they were passing out at the sheer thought of your crotch. Had to change it for health and safety.

True story.

Tijs
06-26-2005, 12:27 PM
From what I remember Tijs is really, really dopey so I guess it's natural that he'd get the most votes.

Come again? What do you mean with dopey?

Little_Miss_1565
06-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Come again? What do you mean with dopey?

I wouldn't take it seriously, Tijs.

fuckme!
06-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Why Haven't I Been Added To The Poll Dickheads??

I Would Have Received More Votes Than Johnny Nemesis For Sure!!

fuckme!
06-26-2005, 11:05 PM
WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN ADDED TO THE POLL DICKHEADS??

I WOULD HAVE RECEIVED MORE VOTES THAN JOHNNY NEMESIS FOR SURE!!

Also kitten is a fucking spammer, so you have actually allowed a spammer to be elected moderator. Fucking wankers.

Tijs
06-27-2005, 02:14 AM
1. You call everyone dickheads and wankers.
2. You just posted the same message twice.
3. You type in caps.
4. Apperently there aren't any(/enough) people who want you to become a moderator.
5. You haven't been a member for over 3 months when the mod-thing started.
6. Your screen name is 'fuckme!'.

I wouldn't take it seriously, Tijs.
I won't, but I'm still curious.