PDA

View Full Version : did offspring write the king of the hill theme song and the power rangers theme?

bouncingcoles
06-22-2005, 03:36 PM
i dont think this is true but i heard it in the forums. although i highly doubt they did the power rangers theme because powers first aired on tv in 1993 which was before offspring was even big so if offspring was big its not likely they did it. does anyone know the truth about this stupid fucking question?

Cejus
06-22-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure they didn't :)

Kitten
06-22-2005, 03:38 PM
It's not true.

mrconeman
06-22-2005, 03:38 PM
No they didnt

Omni
06-22-2005, 04:21 PM
What the goddamn motherfucking fuck?

dain84
06-22-2005, 05:08 PM
They wrote the theme songs to King of the Hill, Malcolm in the middle, the grinch,and Blue's Clues.

Sinister
06-22-2005, 05:10 PM
They wrote the theme songs to King of the Hill, Malcolm in the middle, the grinch,and Blue's Clues.

do you expect ANYONE will believe such nonsense ? that is, if you don't bring info to prove it.

IdiotOfTheDay
06-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Malcolm in the Middle was by They Might Be Giants. Wait...you're being sarcastic. X.x
But anyway, I was talking to the people in Suncoast about them. They seemed like fans of Offspring, and the girl had been to a concert ten years ago, so I think they'd know their stuff better than me. And I had heard the Power Rangers stuff sometime before, so...who knows. Apparently that's how they got their big break.

Manic subsidal
06-22-2005, 06:15 PM
i dont think this is true but i heard it in the forums. although i highly doubt they did the power rangers theme because powers first aired on tv in 1993 which was before offspring was even big so if offspring was big its not likely they did it. does anyone know the truth about this stupid fucking question?

Find some old tapes of the power rangers and look at the credits. Or just look it up on google.

Geeze and I thought crapman from the old bbs was bad :rolleyes:

dain84
06-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Malcolm in the Middle was by They Might Be Giants. Wait...you're being sarcastic. X.x
But anyway, I was talking to the people in Suncoast about them. They seemed like fans of Offspring, and the girl had been to a concert ten years ago, so I think they'd know their stuff better than me. And I had heard the Power Rangers stuff sometime before, so...who knows. Apparently that's how they got their big break.
No...they DID NOT do power rangers.

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-22-2005, 09:37 PM
king of the hill s theme was by a band called the refreshments.
and most likely for the power rangers theme, they just pulled some studio musicians, or hell even just used a key board and drum machine.

Tired_Of_You
06-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Hahaha, I can't believe someone made a thread asking if The Offspring made the King Of The Hill's theme. Just because of me. iM liek so kewl.

ygokazuki
06-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Find some old tapes of the power rangers and look at the credits. Or just look it up on google.
Buckethead did the Power Rangers theme...I have the soundtrack. C'mon, does that sound ANYTHING like Dexter?

WebDudette
06-23-2005, 04:18 AM

Your a moron i know for a fact They Might Be Giants wrote the Malcom in the Middle song

IdiotOfTheDay
06-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Buckethead did the Power Rangers theme...I have the soundtrack. C'mon, does that sound ANYTHING like Dexter?
Goddamned Suncoast dude...he needs to learn his band facts.

ChaoX
06-23-2005, 08:02 AM
next they'll be sayin that the offspring wrote the main theme for MacGyver and the A-Team

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-23-2005, 08:07 AM
no that was bad religion :D

panzor41
06-23-2005, 08:13 AM
My brother has the king of the hill season 1 DVD....I highly doubt the Offspring would go with anything like that....But I seriously do like the beat of that song.

BuddyHolly
06-23-2005, 08:35 AM
next they'll be sayin that the offspring wrote the main theme for MacGyver and the A-Team

THEY DID!!! (didn't they?)

KickedDown
06-23-2005, 09:02 AM

Don't forget the theme from the King of Queens and Seinfeld. The little pops and beeps heard in the Seinfeld song were Greg K's idea.

dain84
06-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Your a moron i know for a fact They Might Be Giants wrote the Malcom in the Middle song
You're a moron with no sense of sarcasm.

Jebus
06-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Buckethead did not write or play the theme song. That's just a rumor started due to mislabeling of the song in file sharing programs, but he does play the track "Firebird" in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Soundtrack.

I love the original Power Rangers theme music. In fact, I learned to play on guitar just because it has an awesome tapping solo. The track totally pwns any Offspring song.
Here's the mp3 if anybody wants to hear it again
http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13KQI5TZZXNKH1BRIOGZY01QBK

IdiotOfTheDay
06-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Hahaha, I can't believe someone made a thread asking if The Offspring made the King Of The Hill's theme. Just because of me. iM liek so kewl.
You never would have said anything about the King of the Hill theme if it weren't for me saying something about the lying dude at Suncoast. So iM liek so kewler den u.

Tired_Of_You
06-23-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm so sad because of you now :(

ygokazuki
06-24-2005, 03:43 AM
Buckethead did not write or play the theme song. That's just a rumor started due to mislabeling of the song in file sharing programs, but he does play the track "Firebird" in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Soundtrack.
Oh...sorry...but yes that song pwns! I can't tap for my life though so I play rhythm. Pretty high up the board!
http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_soundtrack/power_rangers_theme_tab.htm

Jebus
06-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Tapping isn't really that hard especialy in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers them music, unless it's a complicated tapping section like in Symphony X's Sea of Lies. Just try it for 5 minutes and you'll have it down. It's not that complicated of a skill that people make it out to be. I'm sure you could even get the tapping section in Eruption down if you try hard enough. How long have you been playing? Maybe if you only been playing for less than a year, I'd understand if you can't do it.

This is the Symphony X song I was talking about. Just fast foward it to the 2:36 mark. It's hard as fuck because you have to tap in more than one string.
http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=10YASNON70AK935V0F4MGLWUW4

ygokazuki
06-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I've only been playing for 5-6 months. But I mean, how to you go from 12 to 4 in less than a second, with 7 in between?

FaceTheFlames
06-28-2005, 12:23 PM
What the goddamn motherfucking fuck?
I love this post... hahaha

bepnm_8
02-24-2006, 11:04 PM
the refreshments did the king of the hill theme song and styx did the power rangers theme

bd007h
02-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks for bumping the thread with information that's already been established

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Thanks for bumping the thread with information that's already been established

What a great, memorable first post he had.

TheUSB
05-05-2008, 02:39 PM
As a Power Rangers officianado, I can tell you that Buckethead is in no way related to the Power Rangers.

"Go Go Power Rangers" was written and performed by Ron Wasserman, as well as many other songs heard from TV shows produced by Saban Entertainment. Ron Wasserman also is known as The Mighty RAW and Aaron Waters.

Sorry I bumped this, but now you have all been educated.

ThunderPX
05-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Ron Wasserman? A relative of Noodles, perchance? :P

Also, it's painfully obvious that The Offspring wrote the Spongebob theme.

They also tossed out guitar picks to the crowd, with Offspring-ish artwork on them.

bouncingcoles
05-05-2008, 06:05 PM
what the fuck was i thinking when i made this fucking thread. i am now going to cut myself because of it

the hitcher
05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
NO man dont do it dont doooooo iiiiittt

Conspiracyof1000
05-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Also, it's painfully obvious that The Offspring wrote the Spongebob theme.

"Whooo lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants!"
Sorry. But, yeah, it's totally obvious that they wrote that. :rolleyes:

Drafan
05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
what the fuck was i thinking when i made this fucking thread. i am now going to cut myself because of it

Thatīs just the way it goes.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Kinda off topic but did anyone notice that The Vandals - Oi to the World sounds exactly like the king of the hill theme?