PDA

View Full Version : Things to Bring to the Warped Tour

SkunkIt
06-22-2005, 07:09 PM
I notice it's hot and long at the Warped Tour, so i'm going to list some things to bring, buy or do:

Sunblock- It gets so hot there, the next day, your skin looks like a chicken's skin out of the oven.

Alot of water - When I say alot, I mean at least a piture's worth. You're gonna be there all day, the bottles there to purchase are small, and expensive, plus they won't give you the lids.

Don't bring anything you're not prepared to lose- Especially in the mosh pits, sandals and flip-flops are a bad idea.

Go to the bathroom before you leave - Definitely! All there is there are port-a-potties and the line up to get in to use a bathroom is at least an hour long.

Buy your tickets ahead of time! - The line ups for the tickets are at least an hour long and seperate from the line to get in.

Lots of extra money - and make sure it's somewhere safe and secure, so you don't lose it in the mosh pit.

If anyone else would like to add anything, please feel free to add it.

Sinister
06-22-2005, 07:12 PM
- brass knuckle. helps a lot in the moshpits.

just kidding.

SkunkIt
06-22-2005, 07:20 PM
I could work in the fight circles. :D When I was near a fight circle, I had my fist out, so they wouldn't come near me.

leo3375
06-22-2005, 09:43 PM
My Warped Tour checklist:

Sunblock (SPF 30, preferably SPF 45.)
Money (Ladies, put it in a wallet in your pocket instead of your purse)
Sunglasses
A hat or bandanna
A backpack or messenger bag (hey, you can't carry your Epitaph bag in your hands all day!)
At least 2 L or 1 gallon of water, frozen for at least 24 hours to ensure it stays cold most of the day
A disposable camera or two (Do you really want to lost your digital camera?)
Cell phone (brag to friends, take photos, etc.)
Notebook and pen (to write down who's playing where and when)
Sharpie (never know who you'll run into!)
CD liner notes to (hopefully!) get autographed

As for clothing, wear light-weight clothing in light colors. I usually wear a t-shirt with cropped pants to keep my legs cool. Don't wear any kind of open-toed shoes or slip-ons. Make sure your shoes can be laced up so that you won't lose them. (if you insist on wearing flip-flops, load up on $1 flip-flops at Target. Bring at least 5 pairs with you.)

Tired_Of_You
06-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Alot of water - When I say alot, I mean at least a piture's worth. You're gonna be there all day, the bottles there to purchase are small, and expensive, plus they won't give you the lids.My friend went to the Warped Tour last year and she had brought like 5 bottles and the guys at the entry removed all the lids. They said it could be dangerous.

vintagepunkrock7
06-22-2005, 10:26 PM
i did not know that you could bring your own water, i thought you had to buy it all there.

neocon58
06-22-2005, 11:09 PM
sneak a video camera or voice recorder in. i want some new bootlegs

implode
06-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Some misconceptions (from STL show)

1) Bathroom lines are horrendous. Actually only the ladies lines were bad the portapotties had very few lines. Wait for bathrooms was less then 5 mins.

2) Water refill lines from fountains did take 5-10 mins.

3) Waiting for tickets wasn't bad will call I walked right up to the window. The regular ticket line looked to fluctuate from 5-10 mins.

4) Food--read the venues policy. UMB pavillion allows in picnic food. I had a liter of water and a foot long subway sandwich in my bag.

So I brought:
Food and Water
Sunblock
Disposable Rain Poncho
Sharpie
CD covers to autograph
Money

Apathy
06-23-2005, 10:59 AM
It actually depends where you are. At mine, They had normal indoor bathrooms, and there were many of them, so no lines. Also, they didn't allow backpacks, so you're sort of screwed if you're planning on bringing all that.

Check with the venue first.

GreenTerror
06-23-2005, 04:20 PM
My friend went to the Warped Tour last year and she had brought like 5 bottles and the guys at the entry removed all the lids. They said it could be dangerous.
Yeah, I could understand why they would do that. I almost got hit with water Bottles like 30 time and DID get hit like 10 times. Those lids fricken hurt.

vintagepunkrock7
06-25-2005, 03:34 PM
im really glad the people decided to post these lists. i am bringing a friend who has never really been to a concert, and i keep telling her not to bring alot of stuff, just the essentials, and i dont think she was really believing me, so i sent her these lists that other people made and i think she believes me now lol.

Tired_Of_You
06-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I could understand why they would do that. I almost got hit with water Bottles like 30 time and DID get hit like 10 times. Those lids fricken hurt.I also understand, but the bottles at the show were probably 4$ and she had to throw away the bottles.

sumrandumpunk
06-25-2005, 05:43 PM
All I'm gonna take is:
-my phone
-some extra cash (I'll clean out the rest of the stuff from my wallet since I'll probly lose it)
-my phone (as people have said... to brag, pictures, etc)
-screw sunblock... if I get a burn (almost 100% chance) I'll just ignore it anyways
-water? nah, they're worried you'll throw bottles [with the caps] at the bands or others and hurt someone
-maybe a big baloon for people to toss around at a good [or a boring] show

paulichwill
06-26-2005, 07:51 AM
me and my old lady went to the warped tour in houston and it was cool. you do have to buy your own water inside. and i got alot of cool pictures. you can win alot of cool stuff and buy things that are really cheap it was fun. The offspring put on a good show. they started with "All I Want " and ended with "self esteem" and i got alot of good pics of kevin, brian, greg, and higgins, he fell during the show. well i hope everyone has fun and drink plenty of water and take alot of pics see ya later

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-30-2005, 01:17 PM
does anyone know a list of things you can/cant bring? i went last year, but of course ill forget and bring something...then will have to get out of line to go back to my car to put it away.

Dead Cheerleader
06-30-2005, 08:21 PM
What fucking idiots throw water??? Goddamn.

Do you guys know if they sell beer? Thanks.

Tired_Of_You
06-30-2005, 08:48 PM
My friend. She couldn't keep 5 (or even more) water bottles without lids with her!

leo3375
06-30-2005, 08:48 PM
does anyone know a list of things you can/cant bring? i went last year, but of course ill forget and bring something...then will have to get out of line to go back to my car to put it away.

I know you can't wear large spikes. Pyramid studs are fine, though. Outside food is usually prohibited. Water is okay as long as it's in a sealed bottle or jug. Cameras are allowed but professional-grade cameras require a photo pass.

Faded Soul
07-01-2005, 02:18 AM
What fucking idiots throw water??? Goddamn.

Do you guys know if they sell beer? Thanks.

surprisingly enough, a lot of people do. I got hit quite a few times with water. yes, they were throwing water in Phoenix, where it hit 115 that day!!!

barangatang
07-01-2005, 02:23 AM
do they let pets in?

Faded Soul
07-01-2005, 02:25 AM
do they let pets in?

haha oh crap. no I don't think they do. why would you want to bring your dog to an outdoor concert in the summer anyway? let alone one like Warped?

Dead Cheerleader
07-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Dude, you're responding to the 'pets' post but you're not telling me if they sell fuckin' beer??? You guys suck.

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-01-2005, 07:35 AM
yeah they have a "beer garden" of sorts.

offsprung
07-01-2005, 07:48 AM
all i brought was money.
and a hat.
if you put sunscreen on BEFORE you leave, it should cover you the rest of the day. plus, the main stages have tarps over them so you'd be out of the sun.

Faded Soul
07-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Dude, you're responding to the 'pets' post but you're not telling me if they sell fuckin' beer??? You guys suck.

yes they see Beer. unless you're in a dry county.

Dead Cheerleader
07-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys. About the sunscreen thing, most don't last more than 30 min - 1 hour so definitely bring some with you, be safe!

leo3375
07-03-2005, 07:54 AM
They sell beer at Warped. It's better to drink water or Gatorade because alcohol and caffeine will dehydrate you.

My best piece of advice: check the weather forecast so that you can plan accordingly. You don't want to be dressed for 95? and sunny weather only to find out it's going to be rainy and 65?.

killboybowerhead
07-03-2005, 10:04 AM
I got a fucking great idea. Bring lids off your own water bottles and then put them on... That will beat those smart asses.

killboybowerhead
07-03-2005, 10:05 AM
I got a great idea. Bring lids off your own water bottles and then put them on... That will beat those smart asses.

leo3375
07-03-2005, 06:24 PM
I got a great idea. Bring lids off your own water bottles and then put them on... That will beat those smart asses.

Then you won't be able to bring the water in! The bottles have to be sealed in order for you to be able to bring them!

jacK
07-03-2005, 07:26 PM
My friend went to the Warped Tour last year and she had brought like 5 bottles and the guys at the entry removed all the lids. They said it could be dangerous.

(couple years ago) in Pontiac they only let me take in 1 bottle after bringing like 6, so the 5 people behind me got free water and i got ripped off the rest of the day. bastards!

SkunkIt
07-03-2005, 09:01 PM
I've got an idea: Bring a big water bottle with a lid, but have some extra lids in your wallet, pocket, etc. your wallet might be better, because they might search you.

RedHotChiliPeper101
07-03-2005, 09:24 PM
My friends got to go backstage when I saw them. Those ass wipes could had came over and got me but noooo. ASS HOLES. But anyways they wer kick ass at the Warped tour they didnt dick around after each song and the played a lot of songs for only 30 minutes.

SkunkIt
07-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Since the Warped Tour is still going on and getting closer to here, I thought this might be a good thread to bump.

leo3375
07-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Okay, so I was at the Warped Tour on Sunday. Looking at what you people said, here's what I experienced:

Water bottles: They let me bring in an unopened bottle and an empty bottle. They didn't take the cap off of either one. When I bought a bottle of pop later in the day, they took the cap off of it.

Bathrooms: There were no port-a-potties for the public. Instead, a restroom with running water was open on a pavillion in the lot and there were public restorooms open inside the Metrodome concourse. Both of these didn't have horrendous lines and many people saw the opportunity to refill their water bottles (me included).

@ pma501: Every band gets 30 minutes to play. You can go to a Web site and vote for a band to get an extra 10 minutes. At the Minneapolis date, the Transplants got the bonus 10 minutes.

dexterisMYman
07-27-2005, 09:00 AM
i remeber from past shows bout what to bring even tho 1/2 the time i fg the shit newayz.

implode
07-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Liter bottles are totally tech--beat the hell out of the smaller 20 oz ones.

kickass0987654321
07-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I could understand why they would do that. I almost got hit with water Bottles like 30 time and DID get hit like 10 times. Those lids fricken hurt.
That's kind of funny i guess.

Manic subsidal
07-28-2005, 09:09 PM
That's kind of funny i guess.

You're kind of funny... and sexy tehehe ;)

Tired_Of_You
07-28-2005, 10:08 PM
(couple years ago) in Pontiac they only let me take in 1 bottle after bringing like 6, so the 5 people behind me got free water and i got ripped off the rest of the day. bastards!Haha. I shouldn't laugh =P I'm going to the Wapred Tour tomorrow...or I should say today since it's the 29th already. I hope they'll let the lids on my bottles. I'll probably post here again saying what I thought was the most useful thing to bring at the Warped Tour.

Pranksta
07-30-2005, 07:36 PM
I went to the show in Barrie today, and here's how it went down:

I took two sealed water bottles with me, and one unsealed one that I was gonna drink on the bus. When I got there, I forgot to take the unsealed one out of my bag, but the security guard didn't even search it, just took a quick look and let me in.

I saw no point in taking sunscreen, since I was wearing a t-shirt and my arms and neck and tanned as it is.

The port-o-potties had no lines at all.

Oh yeah, and if the place you're going to see them play at is anything like Molson Park (as in hardly any grass), beware of the dust!

Tired_Of_You
07-30-2005, 08:00 PM
I saw no point in taking sunscreen, since I was wearing a t-shirt and my arms and neck and tanned as it is. I didn't bring sunscreen either, but even if it was not really sunny, I have a sunburn on my face. Not so bad.

The port-o-potties had no lines at all.Same here, but they were soooo disgusting. It was unbelievable.

It's obvious that the most important thing to bring there is water. I brought 3 bottles of (frozen) water. The girl at the entry didn't even look in my bag when I told her there were only water bottles in my bag. She asked me if I had drugs, though. What the hell, like I'm gonna tell her "yeah, I have drugs, want some?". The only problem I had with the damn bottles is that the water was so frozen that I couldn't drink water for at least 2 hours.

leo3375
07-30-2005, 10:00 PM
I didn't bring sunscreen either, but even if it was not really sunny, I have a sunburn on my face. Not so bad.

I did bring sunscreen, and although I was smart enough to put some on my arms, legs, and neck, I wasn't smart enough to put some on my face. I got a real nice sunburn on my face as a result. The good news is that it's finally subsiding. I've been putting lotion on my face twice daily for a week.

chrissysi
07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
I got a fucking great idea. Bring lids off your own water bottles and then put them on... That will beat those smart asses.

at the bamboozle we took the lids to our water and put them in our pants untill we got through, then we just put them back on the water... :D

Pretty_Fly
07-30-2006, 06:01 PM
i'd bring like... a foam suit so you can jump around and not kill yourself.. OR! wrap yourself up in bubble wrap and like.. jump off the stage and shit.. like the beams of the stage, not where they are performing

Tiffovwiv
08-07-2006, 01:49 AM
Where you get it???

Grof
08-07-2006, 03:09 AM
Cool just dont lose it

Sheena-brfan
08-07-2006, 12:58 PM
at the bamboozle we took the lids to our water and put them in our pants untill we got through, then we just put them back on the water... :D

The one I was at didn't take the lids off, but they didn't let you bring any soda.

magicypinkflower
12-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Then you won't be able to bring the water in! The bottles have to be sealed in order for you to be able to bring them!

yeah bring sealed ones, and have caps from other ones in your pockets so when they take the sealed lid you still have one to put on it :D :p

crumpetcookie
07-12-2010, 08:20 AM
I'm going to my first Warped Tour later this month, and I've been looking at all kinds of lists and "survival guides" and I have a few questions.

1. Would one of those athletic bags with draw strings work as a backpack ?

2. When in the mosh pit, what do you do with your backpack ? I've heard people loose things often while moshing, but just laying your stuff down doesn't seem like a good idea either ..

3. Is there a certain place where my friends and I could get pictures with the band, or are they just walking around where ever and you have to spot them ?

4. Crowd surfing. Do people let you fall or is it pretty safe ?

If anyone could answer these for me, I would really appreciate it !

jacknife737
07-12-2010, 02:52 PM
2) If i ever wanted to go in the pit, i just gave it to a friend to hold.
3) Some bands will have "signing sessions" where you go to their tent, and can meet them there. Sometimes, you'll see bands walking around.
4)I don't care for it, but my friends never have an issue. Most people seem to think its fairly safe.

RyanSabotage
07-22-2010, 01:23 PM
bring nothing. you really should only bring your ticket and money.