PDA

View Full Version : Cant Repeat Video Changed!!!

Skate Rat 19
06-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I just saw it on FUSE on Stevens Unititled rock show and it's filled with other clips of people growning up and memories and stuff, its alot better but they never said anything about it. Anyone else see it? Its starts off with some teens by a pool kissing, then goes on to other stuff, ad it keeps going in and out of pictures but there all connected, like the picture in the dudes wallet turns zooms in and is part of the orginal video, then it switches back to some old guys playing chess during the chorus when he says "time rolls on, come of age"

FFX-ME
06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
woo that sounds great, can you put yours hands on it and post it i wanna see it, maybe it will be in the extras on the dvd coming up

Skate Rat 19
06-23-2005, 08:39 PM
i saw it unexpectedly and its over now, but keep wtaching fuse and it might come on on another episode of that show,

FFX-ME
06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
i dont have fuse i am in canada, the only music channels i have are much music and music plus. we also have other extra non free channels

sablock
06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Yeah I saw it on Fuse yesterday on Warped Wed.

0r4ng3
06-23-2005, 09:06 PM
I somehow saw this happening. The first video surely wasn't the one they would use. That's why they took it off the site.

original_prankster
06-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Has anyone ripped it yet? I'd REALLY like to see it...

killboypwrheadjx
06-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I somehow saw this happening. The first video surely wasn't the one they would use. That's why they took it off the site.
yeah...they couldnt do two half-assed performance videos in a row.

0r4ng3
06-23-2005, 09:25 PM
They put the video back up on the site, but it's the old one.

Manic subsidal
06-23-2005, 09:29 PM
They might as well record the song over again and make noodles add in a solo dammit.

Am I the only one who kind of gets annoyed by that long-way-home type of riff? I mean it's cool and everything but hearing it three times in the song? Come on Noodles, that's why he probably looks bored in the old cr video. He needs a kick ass solo.

Venom Symbiote
06-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Need...upload...

This sounds more and more TKAA-ish every time I hear something about it. Not just the song similarities, but now the video?!

RAD! :D

ashtray_girl_1
06-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Need...upload...

This sounds more and more TKAA-ish every time I hear something about it. Not just the song similarities, but now the video?!

true! :mad:

Mikey Matt
06-24-2005, 05:36 AM
Need...upload...

AMEN. The Rhythm chord pattern is the same as TKAA Live, and it has "Wo-oos" in, vocal harmonies and the song structure is almost the same....

I know Dexter got paranoid before writing Splinter about making them progress, but still sound like The Offspring, but it does take the piss on this one. That said, great song, average video (At least the old one)

OOOO How fit is Greg's new bass??? I'm loving the "K"'s on it!!!

neocon58
06-24-2005, 06:37 AM
hold on, so is this the original video, with cutscenes of families, graduations and all the other crap mixed in, or is this a completely different video???

mrconeman
06-24-2005, 07:04 AM
They might as well record the song over again and make noodles add in a solo dammit.

Am I the only one who kind of gets annoyed by that long-way-home type of riff? I mean it's cool and everything but hearing it three times in the song? Come on Noodles, that's why he probably looks bored in the old cr video. He needs a kick ass solo.

If your talking about the riff after the verses you need slapped with a fish, it sounds nothing like long way home, now the solo at the end of the song (yes there is a solo) that sounds like it, but they are a punk band, punk and solos usualy dont go hand in hand, Noodles has a few kick ass solos alright, but you cant complain when he doesnt throw one into every single song, they arent a guitar solo band, if you want a guitar solo, listen to Guns n Roses, or Pink Floyd, if thats too slow, listen to Joe Satriani or Steve Vai and leave Offspring out of it

sablock
06-24-2005, 09:27 AM
hold on, so is this the original video, with cutscenes of families, graduations and all the other crap mixed in, or is this a completely different video???
It's the original with those things mixed in.

Skate Rat 19
06-24-2005, 09:42 AM
yeah its ALOT better now, at first i was like "what the hell is this" cause it was just mushy bullcrap with a few teens in love kissing, then it moved on and got a lot better, I'm suprised this site hasn't told us anything, sometimes I really think the actual band members should run this site. But is more like TKAA execpt not as good. Its like that video from dashboard confessional where it zooms into a part of the screen and it becomes another scene, but its the offspring so its better

Beacon
06-24-2005, 10:05 AM
I saw it on Fuse, too. I wonder if this is why they delayed the release of the dvd?

icklebabygremlin
06-24-2005, 10:06 AM
very good point

Mikey Matt
06-24-2005, 11:16 AM
It nice to find smart people in the world. :D

I havent seen the video yet (im too broke to buy the greatest hits at the moment, will do eventually though). Im looking forward to seeing it though! Sounds cool!

original_prankster
06-24-2005, 12:17 PM
If your talking about the riff after the verses you need slapped with a fish, it sounds nothing like long way home, now the solo at the end of the song (yes there is a solo) that sounds like it, but they are a punk band, punk and solos usualy dont go hand in hand, Noodles has a few kick ass solos alright, but you cant complain when he doesnt throw one into every single song, they arent a guitar solo band, if you want a guitar solo, listen to Guns n Roses, or Pink Floyd, if thats too slow, listen to Joe Satriani or Steve Vai and leave Offspring out of it
You realize he is RIGHT. The riff sounds alot like Long Way Home...

offspring kid
06-24-2005, 12:19 PM

the same First video for cant repeat is back on the site !

offspring kid
06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
It's the original with those things mixed in.

man i am totaly confused then why didnt Admin told about the new video here on the site ???

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 01:23 PM
well it might be on the dvd coming out, i hope

rowan187
06-24-2005, 01:46 PM
ill admit, splinter was a total half-fassed job i guess. and they said it was supposed to be most like smash. i dunno, i mean. i hope the next album will have a lot more effort (and a lot better vids, Head Around You was just a performance, and Hit That made NO sense haha) but i do love splinter, but i prefer the other albums more.

offspring kid
06-24-2005, 02:11 PM
well it might be on the dvd coming out, i hope

i Hope So man

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 02:14 PM
ya splinter was a loss, they had a bunch of joke songs on it like in prison and barely any good ones i was disapointed

noodler
06-24-2005, 05:37 PM
AMEN. The Rhythm chord pattern is the same as TKAA Live, and it has "Wo-oos" in, vocal harmonies and the song structure is almost the same....

I know Dexter got paranoid before writing Splinter about making them progress, but still sound like The Offspring, but it does take the piss on this one. That said, great song, average video (At least the old one)

OOOO How fit is Greg's new bass??? I'm loving the "K"'s on it!!!

As big a fan as I am. The band are forever littering their songs with "ohhs -ohhs"

White punk on dope
06-24-2005, 05:54 PM
i have a life and i dont watch fuse all day. but i do want to see it it sounds cool. especially because the offspring is the best.

Manic subsidal
06-24-2005, 06:18 PM

It's kind of funny how you think Offspring play this type of punk music and then you say punk and solos don't mix... well Offspring doesn't have just a "few" solos, they have quite a lot.

Anyways, I just feel like Can't repeat needs a solo. Even though that would make it even more similar to TKAA, but who cares...

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 07:10 PM
i think a solo would be great would kick it up a notch

vintagepunkrock7
06-24-2005, 08:45 PM
i actually liked the original video, i know im just about the only one who liked it, i just like how simple it is, im afraid to see this new version.

SkunkIt
06-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I hope they put the new video on the site.

Skate Rat 19
06-24-2005, 09:26 PM
yeah they better, or at least tell us, maybe it'll be in the DVD, anyways its a lot better now, I was confused at first but when i noticed the clips went along with the video i realized they had changed it.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-25-2005, 01:56 AM
ill admit, splinter was a total half-fassed job i guess. and they said it was supposed to be most like smash. i dunno, i mean. i hope the next album will have a lot more effort (and a lot better vids, Head Around You was just a performance, and Hit That made NO sense haha) but i do love splinter, but i prefer the other albums more.

I love the Hit That video. I actually find it to be one of their best videos. I thought it made perfect sense actually. Listen to the song, then watch the video. The dog is running around and fucking girl dogs. He runs into the alley to see the one girl dog he fucked had lots of puppies and is surprised about it. At the end, the dog gets fixed. The video has a nice juxtaposition with the song. I like how it's not a literal, straight-forward video, but how the dog is used as a metaphor for the guy being talked about in the actual song. It's creative and different. I love it. I actually wish they'd make more videos similar to that.

panzor41
06-25-2005, 05:45 AM
I remeber watching some of that video last summer and thinking....man this chorus is crazy and everytime it came on I'd
try to memorize more and more of it. And then the "cant get my head around you" vid came out. I personally loved both. So I bought Splinter. I became addicted. I was watching TV and saw a show that put aside 30 minutes of all offspring videos. And then I saw Pretty Fly....I was like "HEY I remeber that song! from like 96!" Now it was like 2004. So then I got Americana. Loved it even more than SPlinter. And then I ended up getting all their Cds. The only one i havent gotten is the self titled. Thats my story of how I became a fan of the Offspring. O ya....Another thing I had this game called Crazy Taxi for the Dreamcast.....the whole soundtrack was the offspring......I practically remembered all those songs.....

hughesyboy
06-25-2005, 05:45 AM
I love the Hit That video. I actually find it to be one of their best videos. I thought it made perfect sense actually. Listen to the song, then watch the video. The dog is running around and fucking girl dogs. He runs into the alley to see the one girl dog he fucked had lots of puppies and is surprised about it. At the end, the dog gets fixed. The video has a nice juxtaposition with the song. I like how it's not a literal, straight-forward video, but how the dog is used as a metaphor for the guy being talked about in the actual song. It's creative and different. I love it. I actually wish they'd make more videos similar to that.

Okay sure it has a story or whatever, but if i see an Offspring music video, i wanna see THE BAND, not sum CG characters that dont even play instruments. This is why i even like the "old" Cant Repeat vid, its good shots of the BAND MEMBERS singing and playing and ROCKIN' OUT DUDE!
p.s. Cant wait till Monday!! GH out in Australia!

Preecey
06-25-2005, 05:49 AM
I remeber watching some of that video last summer and thinking....man this chorus is crazy and everytime it came on I'd
try to memorize more and more of it. And then the "cant get my head around you" vid came out. I personally loved both. So I bought Splinter. I became addicted. I was watching TV and saw a show that put aside 30 minutes of all offspring videos. And then I saw Pretty Fly....I was like "HEY I remeber that song! from like 96!" Now it was like 2004. So then I got Americana. Loved it even more than SPlinter. And then I ended up getting all their Cds. The only one i havent gotten is the self titled. Thats my story of how I became a fan of the Offspring. O ya....Another thing I had this game called Crazy Taxi for the Dreamcast.....the whole soundtrack was the offspring......I practically remembered all those songs.....
I got Splinter and Americana that way too. But I had a compilation someone made before then on casette so I bought all the other albums fast.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-25-2005, 06:12 AM
Okay sure it has a story or whatever, but if i see an Offspring music video, i wanna see THE BAND, not sum CG characters that dont even play instruments. This is why i even like the "old" Cant Repeat vid, its good shots of the BAND MEMBERS singing and playing and ROCKIN' OUT DUDE!
p.s. Cant wait till Monday!! GH out in Australia!

It was the first and only video they've done without them appearing in it. It was just something different. Sure, I love seeing the band in the videos, but I also loved the Hit That video solely for its creativity and interesting way of relating it to the song's subject.

I haven't seen the new Can't Repeat video, but I thought the old one was just way too similar to the (Can't Get My) Head Around You vid. I still love the song, and Greg's bass looks awesome, but still I was hoping to see more things in the video. You know what we haven't seen though? The band "acting" in one of their videos. Everytime there's a story, they're just the band that plays in a room. They should act in them as well. That'd be cool.

Preecey
06-25-2005, 06:15 AM
I think I read somewhere that The Offspring specifically asked not to appear in that music video. I love it because it's clever, goes with the song and it's funny.

Venom Symbiote
06-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Eh, it's alright.

"All I Want" video is still king. And "I Choose", of course.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Eh, it's alright.

"All I Want" video is still king. And "I Choose", of course.

As an album, yeah Ixnay does tend to have the best videos. As far as newer videos go though, I think Hit That was really the last decent video they put out.

FFX-ME
06-25-2005, 06:37 AM
i beleive the best video of all is gone away, its so artistic

Skate Rat 19
06-25-2005, 07:47 PM
yeah gone away with the video makes the song more powerful. And yes they should act in their video, it's always just them playing with stuff going on around them, which isn't bad but its getting old

punk_riOt
06-25-2005, 08:52 PM
i rekon self esteem was an awesome vid. clip.

as for the new cant repeat vid...i fucking hope they made a new one, the peformance one was too boring.