PDA

View Full Version : For those of you in U.S. who look down on other countries.

WebDudette
06-24-2005, 04:34 AM
MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- John Evander Couey, the drifter arrested in the rape and murder of a 9-year-old Florida girl, admitted to investigators he buried her alive three days after he abducted her, according to newly released prosecution documents.

(CNN) _ A student on Monday killed two of his grandparents, then went on a shooting rampage at his Minnesota high school, killing seven people and wounding as many as 13 others before killing himself, officials said.

(CNN) -- Over the last three weeks, 13 people were shot and 10 people died in the Washington, D.C.-area sniper spree.

(CNN) -- Authorities early Wednesday identified Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, as the two teen-agers in black trench coats who laughed and hooted as they opened fire on classmates in their suburban Denver high school, killing 15 or 16 people, including themselves, in America's worst instance of school violence.

All straight from cnn.com

So much more i could have added.

Any one else willing to point out U.S. Flaws be my guest.

JohnnyNemesis
06-24-2005, 04:50 AM
Yeah, this is totally necessary because U.S. flaws (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9535) are NEVER (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10233) pointed out on this board (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9832). Nope, NEVER (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10053) ! It's nothing but UK bashing (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9689) here, am I right?!

Vera
06-24-2005, 04:50 AM
Sigh.

I can't tell you how many variations of this topic we've seen. Dude, we've all listened to the Offspring. We know USA is a fucked up country. It has its bad sides, it also has its good sides.

Some people call it home. I call my country a home and things aren't perfect in here but that doesn't mean I don't prefer it to other countries. I mean, sure, your homeland might be fantastic but I'd still rather live in here.

American arrogance exists, yes. It's fucking annoying. It's frickin' stupid. Some Americans are frickin' stupid. Some non-Americans are even more frickin' stupid. Some Americans are not stupid, or arrogant.

God, I end up singing this same old song in every one of these topics. But okay.

It ain't perfect. Arrogance isn't justified.

Now tell me why I should care. If I run into an arrogant Yank, I'll just reckon they must not be very smart in order to think their country is what they say it is without understanding the reality of their country. But most probably the arrogant Yank doesn't give a fuck so there's no argument to be had.

I don't bother arguing with stubborn, stupid people.

Preecey
06-24-2005, 04:53 AM
You really haven't earned yourself any respect, man.

I'll always admit America has a high crime rate, but then even in the UK things are pretty bad. No country is without crime.

JohnnyNemesis
06-24-2005, 04:58 AM
Vera said everything that needed to be said.

Also of note is that this kind of thread always enables American arrogance on this BBS. If people KNOW it's upsetting you, and they want to have some fun at your expense, of course they're going to turn the arrogance up to 11 just to get at you! Even if they don't believe what they're saying, they'll just do it to piss you off and it'll work so well. Why let them win? Remain level-headed.

I mean, I could easily break out some UK stereotypes and misconceptions and have a field day, now couldn't I?

WebDudette
06-24-2005, 05:05 AM
Indeed iam being redundant and i apologize. But this thread was mostly directed towards the "People from France should go to Hell" "And People Wonder Why I Dislike The British..." threads. In witch Britan and France wear looked down apon for being un-civilized as if there a whole lot worse then us.

I live in the U.S. and I know not everyone is like that.

If this thread annoys you I apologize.

wheelchairman
06-24-2005, 05:58 AM
From an American living in Europe, what most Europeans don't seem to realize, is that they have an innate arrogance and prejudice over Americans. Half the people assume I'm an idiot until I prove them wrong and embarrass them. And only then do I get any respect. It's pathetic and enough to make me a crazy nationalist, far more effective than 14 years of being forced to say the pledge of allegiance to an inanimate object.

WebDudette
06-24-2005, 06:08 AM
All iam trying to say is it's stupid for a people to critisize a whole country because they have morons in there country that go around assaulting people or a small percentage of there citiznes being rapests.

wheelchairman
06-24-2005, 06:10 AM
All iam trying to say is it's stupid for a people to critisize a whole country because they have morons in there country that go around assaulting people or a small percentage of there citiznes being rapests.
Yet, those threads were made in humor, you were just dumb enough to take them seriously.

WebDudette
06-24-2005, 06:17 AM
If that is true then indeed i was and i apologize for this entire thread.

panzor41
06-24-2005, 06:49 AM
I really hate how people hate America.....I mean some people dont even have a right to talk unless they've been to this country and seen what normal is here. news stories like those came from Miami or New York...those places are loaded with thugs. So you really cant hate a country for one cities faults.....What I'd like is peace on these boards...no more country or race discrimination because its SO POINTLESS. Eventhough we may not live in the same country we should still be friendly because we all have one thing in common.....

WebDudette
06-24-2005, 07:05 AM
I really hate how people hate America.....I mean some people dont even have a right to talk unless they've been to this country and seen what normal is here. news stories like those came from Miami or New York...those places are loaded with thugs. So you really cant hate a country for one cities faults.....What I'd like is peace on these boards...no more country or race discrimination because its SO POINTLESS. Eventhough we may not live in the same country we should still be friendly because we all have one thing in common.....

I live in the U.S. always have.
The school shootings were in minniesota and ohio i beleive.
I don't hate America i would rather live here then alot of places and what you said about the stories coming from certain places and a whol country being discriminated about it is what iam trying to say instead its just certain people not the whole country.

Vera
06-24-2005, 07:17 AM
From an American living in Europe, what most Europeans don't seem to realize, is that they have an innate arrogance and prejudice over Americans.
Yeah, it happens on both sides of the pond. Definitely.

Mota Boy
06-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah, it happens on both sides of the pond. Definitely.
Naw, we just don't like the French.

Apparently, America is now viewed less favorably than China (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/23/poll.america.ap/index.html). By our allies.

clokey43
06-24-2005, 09:22 AM
No one can dis america really! I mean without it, no offspring, not practically anything! So yeah all countries have morons! Prolly UK more coz we got pikies (oooh i hate pikies)!

JohnnyNemesis
06-24-2005, 09:35 AM
I really hate how people hate America.....I mean some people dont even have a right to talk unless they've been to this country and seen what normal is here. news stories like those came from Miami or New York...those places are loaded with thugs.

It's funny how you say that it's stupid for people to make negative assumptions about America without ever having been here, yet to proceed to make negative assumptions about New York and Miami in the process.

Vera
06-24-2005, 11:48 AM
America was founded on Anti-Europeanism. People here think you should've never left so it's your own fault you fucked it up.

It happens on both sides of the pond. ;p

Noodles is gay
06-25-2005, 01:37 PM
For those of you in U.S. who look down on other countries.

....Americans 'look down' on other countries?!! :eek:

never!

Moose
06-25-2005, 10:45 PM
This post says so little...1, you assume all americans look down on all countries, 2, you point out crimes that happen everywhere, 3, it really proves nothing, and if anything, your post just proves that you look down on america, and therefore are angry at what you believe america is doing to you.

p.s. this entire politics board is full of "i hate america" and "america sucks" chat, so once again, this post proves nothing...i mean america is leading the poll in "which nation do you want nuked." so it sort of just adds on with very little importance.

Deicidal Maniac
06-25-2005, 11:07 PM
I'd rather live in a country with a high murder rate where people actually brush their teeth and don't bend over and spread their cheeks when they see an invading army coming.

But that's just me...

Noodles is gay
06-26-2005, 03:38 AM
Quit being so damn patriotic. Have you ever even been here?

yes, several times.

Preecey
06-26-2005, 03:45 AM
I'd rather live in a country with a high murder rate where people actually brush their teeth and don't bend over and spread their cheeks when they see an invading army coming.

But that's just me...
We haven't been properly invaded since the 17th century, when William of Orange came to the throne, actually. And I brush my teeth on a regular basis, and so do all of my friends, I think.
And I don't generalise about America, even though there is quite a lot I could say. You are a fuckass. Remember that.

wheelchairman
06-26-2005, 04:40 AM
I always find it amusing when Brits mock Americans for having a large ego. I mean my god, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Sin Studly
06-26-2005, 04:50 AM
My country has had serial killers since before the term "serial killer" existed. I still look down on other countries. All other countries.

If your country is richer than my country, you're decadant. If your country is poorer, you're barbaric. Less religious, godless. More religious, fanatical. More civil rights, whining liberal douches. Less civil rights, tyrranical facists. Better healthcare, rich greedy pigs letting people starve while they waste billions in a futile attempt to stave off their own deaths. Worse healthcare, filthy animals content to let their family die of curable disease in hospices. Superior military history, warmongering death-merchants. Inferior military history, French. Bigger cities, soulless capitalist pigs. Prettier countryside, stupid inbred hicks. Etc. etc. etc.

And anyways, Brits and Americans are as bad as each other when it comes to arrogance and stupidity. You should stop this pissing contest you seem to have against each other and focus on the real problem. Israelis, Serbians, Greeks and Japanese.

Sin Studly
06-26-2005, 04:56 AM
Apparently, America is now viewed less favorably than China (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/23/poll.america.ap/index.html). By our allies.

Oh yeah, in some Australian survey over 80% of people thought that the US was more dangerous to Australian interests than any other country in the multiple question survey (China, Jordan and North Korea were all options too). And this was like, five years ago.