PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring : What Do You Think?

Ceejio21
06-24-2005, 05:53 AM
Hey people! After being an Offspring for almost 10 years I now and then find myself thinking about little, perhaps trivial things that I don't know about the band that may be pretty interesting to learn. As it's a dull rainy day I thought I might share my queries with you and gain some opinions about several things. I thought I'd do it all in one thread cos I dont wanna fill the whole forum with loadsa trivial threads.

1.) Firstly, following hearing how "Mission From God" is totally awesome it makes me wonder, why didn't they include it on Ignition? The same can be said about other songs that are left off albums, is it purely down to the discretion of the band members themselves because they dont like the songs? Or are the band only allocated a certain amount of space per album?

2.) Does anyone know or heard from the band which of The Offsprings songs are favourites of the band members? I'm sure I read somewhere that Noodles really likes "Vultures". I read it around the time CO1 was released. And I have no evidence to suggest this but I have a feeling Dexter quite likes "All I Want" as it's normally on all setlists without fail.

3.) What does everyone think of "Dammit, I Changed Again"? Is it a song held in high regard by most Offspring fans? Its my personal favourite, it picks me up when feeling down and just the whole song (for me) is structured perfectly for an Offspring song.

4.) Finally, how do you think the band decide the setlist for all their gigs and concerts? Do they do it themselves or are there other influences?

Cheers for reading

Ceejio

thecrowe72000
06-24-2005, 05:58 AM
I read somewhere that Dexter really likes Want You Bad, and plays it live just for the fun of it. And I love DICA, although it's not my favourite (not that I have one).

Preecey
06-24-2005, 06:00 AM
The band thought Mission From God would make them sound religious, which they're not, and so they left it off the album.

Ceejio21
06-24-2005, 06:23 AM
Another thing, I read on theoffspring.info I think it was that it was Ron who provided the shouting at the start of "Session". Is this true? I keep listening to it and to me it sounds like Dexter.

Tijs
06-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Yeah it's Ron, it's been said in interview before.

HeadAroundU
06-24-2005, 06:32 AM
Favourite songs:
-Dexter: Staring at the sun
-Noodles: Don't pick it up

& DICHA is cool song

Gayman
06-24-2005, 06:41 AM
I think Dexter really do like Staring At The Sun.....
And I like Dammit, I Changed Again....not a favourite but good....

SkyRocker
06-24-2005, 08:23 AM
I don't know if Staring at the sun is the prefered song of dexter. He said that just for concerts coz it sounds really great live.