PDA

View Full Version : x-13

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
why isnt he considered a band member in the album covers and posters and stuff, he is considered one on the forums goes on tour and everything so what's the deal with that

SkyRocker
06-24-2005, 03:16 PM
He did not start with the whole band and he just do back vocal and some instrument, the only guitar he do is helping noodles on tkaa. Maybe he don't want to be mentionned.

fuckB Ratty
06-24-2005, 03:16 PM
why isnt he considered a band member in the album covers and posters and stuff, he is considered one on the forums goes on tour and everything so what's the deal with that
i don't know. That depands on if he want to be actually be considered and "outfront" band member or not

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 03:18 PM
ah maybe he doesnt help in the record making only in the live performances

offspring kid
06-24-2005, 03:18 PM
He did not start with the whole band and he just do back vocal and some instrument, the only guitar he do is helping noodles on tkaa. Maybe he don't want to be mentionned.

hes kinnda EXTRA guy he helps everyone with their instruments,and if you see in the Splinter extra footage he also mixes up Music and stuff so he is just like that !

the splinter album i got had wallpapers and recording Splinter album extra Footage !

fuckB Ratty
06-24-2005, 03:20 PM
most bands have extra so if one band member makes a mistake then it won't show as much

SkyRocker
06-24-2005, 03:21 PM
hes kinnda EXTRA guy he helps everyone with their instruments,and if you see in the Splinter extra footage he also mixes up Music and stuff so he is just like that !

Which footage are you talking about ?

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 03:22 PM
like the backup, extra instruments like in prety fly and get a job and stuff

SkyRocker
06-24-2005, 03:24 PM
like the backup, extra instruments like in prety fly and get a job and stuff
I knew that, i said it. But concerning splinter, where did you see x13 ?

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 03:26 PM
he probably helps in hit that

DexterWannabe
06-24-2005, 03:42 PM

he also play guitar in the worst hangover ever, and he is singing the first thing, ballroom... u know the words

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 03:44 PM
he has a very dextery voice

offspringjon
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I knew that, i said it. But concerning splinter, where did you see x13 ?

On the Splinter CD when you put it into your PC there's a tour around the Offspring studio guided by X-13. :D

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 03:47 PM
i know, he pretends to play the bass and stuff, i was disapointed there wasnt anyof that on the greatest hits

IdiotOfTheDay
06-24-2005, 04:12 PM
If I remember correctly, he was mentioned somewhere in Splinter.
But I lost that album cover long ago, so I can't be sure.

SeanAshmore
06-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Higgins helps out on some of the album recording as well, hes definately mentioned in some of the notes in the albums. I cant remember which but i remember when i started listening to offspring who X-13 was? cus i was readin the booklets.

Loads of bands have an extra guy doin sumthin but usually they are three pieces like the manic street preachers and greenday and they're not listed as band members either.

Camilamazed
06-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Who said he isn't considered a band member....

Cammie do consider him a band member and everyone knows Cammie's opinion is rather important hehe :D

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 06:13 PM
its cuz when you look in the booklet it says the offspring are and only mentions 4 not x-13

vintagepunkrock7
06-24-2005, 07:38 PM
you would think that after so long helping them out in so many different things he would be considered a band member, but like other people already said maybe he doesnt want to be, maybe he likes being considered freelance artist? that way he is not under any agreements or contracts.

Panzerfaust92
06-25-2005, 12:01 AM
It's the good life, believe me

Dexter_italy
06-25-2005, 02:14 AM
he's a cool guy, but I don't consider him as a band member, just an help on stage
________
Marijuana Vaporizers (http://weedvaporizers.info/)

bhg_rulz2
06-25-2005, 02:20 AM
he is a very cool dude....he's some kind of producer..something like that with the albums...not shure about it..i think he helps with the sounds on the studio

That_Guy91
06-25-2005, 04:25 AM
maybe its because he not in every song

neocon58
06-25-2005, 04:29 AM
he does a lot for them in the studio, and basically is the 5th member of the band when they play live. I like it how he runs around with water bottles, spraying the crowd and getting them revved up.

Better then the 3 guys helping greenday out. Standing around and staying inconspicuous. It pisses me of how the guys helping greenday out on stage don't really get acknowlegded by the band, or the fans. Unlike the offspring. 99 percent of people know who higgins is, and dexter always talks to/about higgins on stage.

Venom Symbiote
06-25-2005, 05:06 AM
While cool, he's basically just a glorified roadie.

But hell, he gets more recognition than the Green Day backup guitarists, for example. No biggie.

He's entertaining, but not enough to to gain the status of a proper band member.

Kitten
06-25-2005, 05:38 AM
While cool, he's basically just a glorified roadie.

But hell, he gets more recognition than the Green Day backup guitarists, for example. No biggie.

He's entertaining, but not enough to to gain the status of a proper band member.

Ask Noodles if The Offspring consider him a band member.
Maybe he doesn't want to be a band member seeing as it started as four guys, or he wants to be able to do more on the side.

FFX-ME
06-25-2005, 05:40 AM
well there is a tv show called beat the geaks and one question was name as many 5 member bands as possible and the guy named the offspring and it counted

IdiotOfTheDay
06-25-2005, 09:34 AM
he's a cool guy, but I don't consider him as a band member, just an help on stage
Just help on stage? When you get Greatest Hits, you need to read the credits for those songs. "Chris Higgins" is mentioned as a producer in most of them.

Venom Symbiote
06-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah, Kitten - I'm sure Noodles and the guys probably WOULD consider him a "full band member". He's their friend, and they're nice guys.

Doesn't mean anyone else should. *shrugs*

Kitten
06-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Yeah, Kitten - I'm sure Noodles and the guys probably WOULD consider him a "full band member". He's their friend, and they're nice guys.

Doesn't mean anyone else should. *shrugs*

Yeah, well, if the band considers him a member, I think thats ALL that counts.