PDA

View Full Version : Canadian tour

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 06:17 PM
why dont offspring ever do a candian tour they only go to montreal, toronto and vancouver, a lot of fans are missing out like me. i wish they would come to ottawa so i can go to a concert

Tired_Of_You
06-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Ottawa isn't so far away from Montreal. If they don't go in Ottawa for the next tour, maybe you could go in Montreal?

FFX-ME
06-24-2005, 06:24 PM
well montreal is still 2 and 1/2 hours away and i doubt my parents will let me to go take the car to a punk tour in montreal. Plus i have no friends who are going either that's why, if it was at ottawa i could get a ride and go there with friends but no one will wanna go to montreal

theunknownsoldier
06-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Ya but I live in Edmonton and can't afford to drive 14 hours to see them in Vancouver. I have been to every concert they played here and would love to see more. but instead I will just have to look back on my memmories and smile and hope they will see the light that is the "City of Champions" (the city slogan for those that don't know).

FFX-ME
06-26-2005, 04:20 PM
thye dont realise they have a lot of fans in canada, looks at all the die hard fans on this site. Pleese noodles or dexter or atom or greg or x-13 if you read this concider a canadian tour to the other central cities because you only visit 3

Tired_Of_You
06-26-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't think it's them who decide where they go. They go where they can play. The last time in Montreal, they played at the Metropolis, it only holds around 2300-2500 places. They go in the biggest cities. It's time for them to do a Canadian tour. Maybe with the next album, if it sells a lot...

sebastienfan
06-26-2005, 09:09 PM
I live at 5 min from ottawa and I went to Montreal last year.

FFX-ME
07-12-2005, 01:20 PM
ya but do you have your own car ( i dont)
i dont have any offspring fan friends
my parents wont let me go alone to montreal for a punk concert
i dont know that city...........

Homer
07-12-2005, 01:57 PM
atleast The Offspring's BEEN to where you live. Stop whining.

FFX-ME
07-12-2005, 02:00 PM
no they havent that's the prob. im in your same case you should bare with me for a canadian tour instead of being against me

ashtray_girl_1
07-12-2005, 05:38 PM
they WILL do a canadian tour sooner or later! :) cheer up you guys :)

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-14-2005, 06:18 PM
If much music would give them some more airplay maybe they would have more fans in Canada. But yeah, I live like 45 mins from Toronto and I still haven't seen them. Things come up. My girlfriends seen them twice, met them, and got things signed. So for now thats good enough for me. But the next time they come im going for sure!!!

FFX-ME
07-20-2005, 02:12 PM

what makes you so sure, have they done one before

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-20-2005, 08:29 PM
They hate us :(

Julie
07-23-2005, 09:35 PM
A Montreal/Ottawa trip, that's a joke. I took a 6 hour train from Montreal to Toronto just to see them at the Opera House. Then took the midnight train back and got intown around 7am and I was in class by 8am. Good times. OTT/MTL, who cares, if you wanna see them, you'll find a way to make it 2hours. ;)

Sinister
07-23-2005, 09:38 PM

either that or I slit my wrists with shards from their CDs.
just kidding ! but I'm really DYING to see them, and I'll be away by the time the Warped Tour will be round here. :mad:

code_blue
07-24-2005, 02:06 PM
atleast The Offspring's BEEN to where you live. Stop whining.

actually they did play winnipeg during the summer of '97. in fact, they did a real canadian tour that year. they played ottawa as well. (they even played thunder bay!?)

seeing as how it's been 8 years, i think they're due for another cross-canada tour..

Sinister
07-24-2005, 02:10 PM
actually they did play winnipeg during the summer of '97. in fact, they did a real canadian tour that year. they played ottawa as well. (they even played thunder bay!?)

seeing as how it's been 8 years, i think they're due for another cross-canada tour..

hell yeah. for their new CD.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-24-2005, 02:59 PM

Yeah, agreed.

code_blue
07-24-2005, 07:36 PM
A Montreal/Ottawa trip, that's a joke. I took a 6 hour train from Montreal to Toronto just to see them at the Opera House. Then took the midnight train back and got intown around 7am and I was in class by 8am. Good times. OTT/MTL, who cares, if you wanna see them, you'll find a way to make it 2hours. ;)

yeah, that's hardcore! ottawa/montreal is a super-easy trip. you could probably take a greyhound bus from ottawa to montreal for $50 or less. it'll take you right to downtown montreal, where the offspring show would almost certainly be.. and buses run every hour until midnight, so you could make it home the same night. just tell your parents you're meeting up with friends at the show or something.

ps. hi julie! met you at the metropolis show last year..

kickass0987654321
07-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Maybe they are just not that popular in Canada o0r are they?

Conspiracy of One
07-24-2005, 07:45 PM
What do you think? :rolleyes:

FFX-ME
07-26-2005, 11:41 AM
they arent as popular but have a lot of fans so a canadian tour would work,

ps: im 16 i cant just go to montreal for a punk concert, imagine me asking my mom for the car

hey mom can i have the car to go see a punk concert in canada's second biggest city(i will get lost)

Tired_Of_You
07-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Take a bus. Or even a taxi. I think a bus is a better idea, though. If I really really really wanted to see them and I was in the same case as you, I'd do something to see them. It's not that hard and I'm also sixteen. The only problem is the money.

FFX-ME
07-26-2005, 12:06 PM
ya a taxi would cost hundreds

and the problem is just asking my parents to see a ounk concert in a far away city alone and taking a 3hour bus ride alone to get there

code_blue
07-27-2005, 07:47 PM
they arent as popular but have a lot of fans so a canadian tour would work,

ps: im 16 i cant just go to montreal for a punk concert, imagine me asking my mom for the car

hey mom can i have the car to go see a punk concert in canada's second biggest city(i will get lost)

you're 16! you should be allowed to take the bus to montreal, at least with a friend. don't you have at least one friend who can tolerate the offspring? going to montreal is always a cool trip.

ambustion
07-28-2005, 02:51 AM
The only reason I bought warped tour tickets was to actually get to see the offspring and one of the only dates they didn't play was calgary. I was extremely pissed but then me and my friend went to one of the smaller stages and opiate for the masses kicked my ass they were so good. I hadn't heard hardly any of their stuff, but really they were the only salvagable band that I got to see although I heard avenged was pretty good.

FFX-ME
07-28-2005, 05:36 AM
my parents arent like yours probably and anyways its to late now i work tomorow and cant go, if only they went somewhere close

D!stortion
07-28-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm sure a canadian tour is coming. I'm just really glad I live close to Toronto. Great place to live, all the best bands come. I live in Kitchener... course, vanilla ice said he was too big to play in places like Kitchener... that hurt, I really wanted to throw stuff at him. But look where his career has gone since then... Is he still alive?