PDA

View Full Version : Playing Offspring?

Noodfan
06-26-2005, 07:20 PM
-most fun to play and
-hardest to play?
mine million miles away is fun(with a group). playing offspring is very easy not much problems with any song but sin city solo is most difficult

Little_Miss_1565
06-26-2005, 07:51 PM
"Come Out and Play" most fun on guitar, "Pretty Fly" or "Bad Habit" on bass.

Hardest? Well, none of them are really too terribly difficult. The later albums get a bit fancier with triads instead of barre chords, though...

0r4ng3
06-26-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm new to guitar, so excuse me if I say anything is difficult.

For the moment, Race Against Myself is the most fun to play.

I'm still in the process of learning the solo for The Kids Aren't Alright, which is difficult for me.

Tired_Of_You
06-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Pay The Man's solo is cool to play and not hard at all. I also like to play The Kids Aren't Alright. (on guitar)

Hardest to play? I don't know, all the Offspring songs I've tried were easy.

original_prankster
06-26-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm a bit new to guitar aswell, 0r4ng3. The songs I've learned how to play so far are Beheaded, Come Out And Play, Self-Esteem and Pretty Fly For a White Guy. Beheaded is really fun to play.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-26-2005, 09:31 PM
I think the easiest is Original Prankster (guitar)
The hardest? Ehh...Either The Kids Arent Alright or I Choose. I can play the songs just fine but the solos are a little tricky. Other than that all the Offspring songs arent exactly hard to play

Drummerguy123
06-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Most Offspring songs don't have very hard drumming, but the beginning of Session is hard to play (at least with my cheapy pedals) because the bass drum is really fast. That and Lightning Rod are really the only Offspring songs I have trouble with. I finally figured out Hypodermic and my favorites are Americana, I Choose, and Come Out and Play.

neocon58
06-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Most Offspring songs don't have very hard drumming, but the beginning of Session is hard to play (at least with my cheapy pedals) because the bass drum is really fast. That and Lightning Rod are really the only Offspring songs I have trouble with. I finally figured out Hypodermic and my favorites are Americana, I Choose, and Come Out and Play.

What about the drum solo in Long Way Home?

Dexter_H
06-26-2005, 11:54 PM
I like playing Bad Habit, Come out and Play, Self Esteem and Noose as a group.
There aren't really songs that are too hard to play.

OffspringInOz
06-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Amazed is alot of fun to play, and probably one of the easiest.

The hardest one I've tried to play would be the Noose..(well, the intro of it, the chorus is very simple).

Most Offspring songs are very, very easy to play, and I've only been playing for a bit over a year.

sherban
06-27-2005, 12:24 AM
well. guys i dont play alot of OFFSPRIng song caouse i play the keyboard....its nice however to play the "kids arent alrigth" and "genocide"...however i wanna start a band and damn...no1 want to in my city...welll...guys o know...

the hardest....i think its I choose i guess

wazzup22
06-27-2005, 02:42 AM
I rekon Feelings is pretty hard on guitar but if you get it right is sounds awsome.

Noodfan
06-27-2005, 03:23 AM
since i play 90% metal. i play offspring songs 1 octave down. sometimes it sounds really good. amazed me&my old lady pay the man etc.

Dexter_H
06-27-2005, 03:31 AM
The intro to the Noose is really simple. When I first listened to Splinter I loved the song and I just picked up the guitar while listening to it and it came out.

Rancid_Guyxxx
06-27-2005, 07:26 AM
I didn't know guitar became so trendy

The-Offspring-RuLe
06-27-2005, 07:37 AM
All Offspring songs are pretty easy to achieve, but ive been playing for 5 years and the easiest is Spare Me The Details....but the Kids Arent Alright posed a little problem as i couldnt quite get the intro right...

The hardest song....well none of them really the more you practice the easier they become....

ygokazuki
06-27-2005, 07:46 AM
I think I Choose and Pay the Man are hardest. Other songs are fast, but you just have to keep your finger in the right places at the right times (The Noose, The Kids Aren't Alright) and it's pretty simple. As Dexter says in the DualDisc, "Kids Aren't Alright...the hardest intro ever written, huh?" And then Noodles bursts out laughing.

Apathy
06-27-2005, 08:06 AM
I suck hard at guitar so I wouldn't know myself though. I'm quite good at bass though. Funny thing is, most of the offsprings bass is very simple. Easy to learn, easy to play. Most fun to play would probably be either Self-Esteem or I choose.
Maybe i'll think of something else.

Noodfan
06-27-2005, 08:12 AM
I suck hard at guitar so I wouldn't know myself though. I'm quite good at bass though. Funny thing is, most of the offsprings bass is very simple. Easy to learn, easy to play. Most fun to play would probably be either Self-Esteem or I choose.
Maybe i'll think of something else.
i also play bass. i don't like the song but hit that bass is fun to play.

Noodfan
06-27-2005, 08:16 AM
I didn't know guitar became so trendy
what do you mean? there is nothing anormal about someone who listens offspring(generally rock)and plays guitar

KickedDown
06-27-2005, 08:55 AM
They're all fun to play, but I have to say the easiest is Gotta Get Away.

GBH2
06-27-2005, 09:00 AM
i suck at the intro to the noose because every time i start playing it it reminds me of dirty magic, and then i get that stuck in my head.

Drummerguy123
06-27-2005, 09:57 AM
What about the drum solo in Long Way Home?

Yeah, I practice every day (it's an obsession. I even have blisters on my hands from drumming) so I can play that, but I'm not saying it's easy. It requires much warming up.

Offspring Pyro
06-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Like everyone here the kids arent alright is fun to play, (Except for the verses and the chorus because its simple strumming) and the solo is fun in I choose. But none of thier songs are really hard. I just recently learned blackball and thats really fun.

FaceTheFlames
06-28-2005, 12:19 PM
You know.. it depends what u do.. I play guitar and sing in my band... so, I like "Want You Bad" because you can't help but get into it. I don't like to do "Pretty Fly" because it isn't easy for me, as a girl... but, "Gone Away" is great cuz I like to scream and of course "The Kids Aren't Alright" is fun.. but I keep screwin up the solo in the middle.
~Tara

I just got a new Fender and it doesn't do justice to my old stuff on my Ibanez.. so I still use that one alot.. but the Fender sounds better with distortion.

sourskittle
06-28-2005, 12:54 PM
most fun- dirty magic and definitely self- esteem
all offspring songs are easy, some strums are weird though

Punk 102
06-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Does anybody have some hints on learning to play? Like helpful websites, because my bum ass teacher just up and decided to not give me lessons anymore and I loved playing guitar when he was teaching me.

Noodfan
06-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Does anybody have some hints on learning to play? Like helpful websites, because my bum ass teacher just up and decided to not give me lessons anymore and I loved playing guitar when he was teaching me.
teachers only think about money money money. learn basics than improve yourself. first go to
www.mysongbook.com
and download guitar pro

Noodfan
06-28-2005, 01:51 PM
then download them
http://www.mysongbook.com/tab-artist_list-id_style=43.htm
good luck

Punk 102
06-28-2005, 02:05 PM
cool. thanks a lot man

Gayman
06-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Well....the funniest song to play with drums is "Denial, Revisited....it's just so slow song and nice to play.
But the hardest....umm....I will say the songs on the first album are pretty hard to play....the beat is so fast on those!!!!

grunge
06-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Just wondering to play Offspring on acoustic guitar

Unnatural Disaster
06-28-2005, 03:33 PM
The most fun: Can't Get My Head Around You
The hardest: The Kids Aren't Alright or The Noose

Noodfan
06-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Just wondering to play Offspring on acoustic guitar
i try but with overdrive :)

grunge
06-28-2005, 10:26 PM
I can play some songs like What happened to you and Why don't you get a job. Because these songs play on acoustic guitar

coke_a_holic
06-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Best stuff to play is their first record's songs. The solos are a lot better/more abundant then on the later ones. My favorite would have to be either Jennifer Lost the War or Out on Patrol. Although, the intros for A Thousand Days and Crossroads are cool as well. None of their songs are too hard, lately I've been challenging myself with some Zeppelin. Now that's good shit.

Noodfan
06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Best stuff to play is their first record's songs. The solos are a lot better/more abundant then on the later ones. My favorite would have to be either Jennifer Lost the War or Out on Patrol. Although, the intros for A Thousand Days and Crossroads are cool as well. None of their songs are too hard, lately I've been challenging myself with some Zeppelin. Now that's good shit.
Then try feelings while singing