PDA

View Full Version : I've never heard these song's before.

mtj027
06-26-2005, 08:27 PM
52 Grrls
80 Times
Autonomy
Hand Grenades
Hey Joe
Mission From God
One Hundred Punks
Sin City

And they aren't even listed on this site. Is there a place where I could listen to them(legally)?

Source: http://www.plyrics.com/o/offspring.html

tle_punk
06-26-2005, 08:43 PM
They're The Offspring's rare songs..... and there's more than that. there's a thread that gives you a link to download them. I'll fetch it for you.

barangatang
06-26-2005, 08:43 PM
First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

tle_punk
06-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Here ya go mate.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10804

Little_Miss_1565
06-26-2005, 08:48 PM
They're mostly covers.

"52 Girls" is by the B-52's, and I think the Offspring's cover of it appeared on a comp in the early 90's.

"80 Times" is by TSOL (the album _Dance With Me_ is fucking awesome, you can really tell how it influenced the S/T album), and the cover appears on the Co1 vinyl.

"Autonomy" is by the Buzzcocks...and I'm not sure where it appears.

"Hand Grenades" is an original for the _Short Music for Short People_ comp. It's the only punk rock comp with every punk rock band that matters on it playing 30 second songs. Totally awesome and should be in every CD collection.

"Hey Joe" is originally by Jimi Hendrix I think, though it's been covered so much it's hard to keep that straight. It was originally on the Baghdad EP (with hilariously mangled lyrics printed on the sleeve since they couldn't get the rights to print the real ones), but also appeared on the Club Me fan club only EP.

"Mission from God" was an Ignition outtake that's on either the new Warped Tour or Punk O Rama comp....I'm a bad kid and can't remember which.

"One Hundred Punks" is originally by Generation X (Billy Idol's old band), and I forget where it appears too...

"Sin City" was originally by AC/DC and covered for a movie soundtrack...David Arquette was in it, the title had something to do with a fight...Something Rumble? Ready to Rumble?

EDIT: Dammit, beat me to the punch with the where to download.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-26-2005, 10:24 PM
I thought they were all b-sides

aeh20s
06-26-2005, 10:27 PM
100 Punks is the second track on the Defy You single CD. I love that song.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-27-2005, 11:28 PM
They're mostly covers.

"Autonomy" is by the Buzzcocks...and I'm not sure where it appears.

Want You Bad single.

"Sin City" was originally by AC/DC and covered for a movie soundtrack...David Arquette was in it, the title had something to do with a fight...Something Rumble? Ready to Rumble?

Nah, that was Bloodstains. Sin City was on the Million Miles Away single. Although it's one of, if not the best Offspring cover and should be in a movie or something else that could better expose it.

FFX-ME
07-27-2005, 03:02 PM
man all those songs are great and are wasted they should make a cd just of b-sides, it would be easy and good

freek
07-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Theres a guy by the name of bd007h who made a site where he uploaded a bunch of songs, the link is in his signature

FFX-ME
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
i thought that was already posted oops sorry, yah that is true but a lot of those songs need to be redone before beeing put on a cd

bd007h
07-27-2005, 04:31 PM
you can download all of those in the link in my signature. There are 56 rarities/b-sides/covers/remixes/etc.. for download. Enjoy :)

ashtray_girl_1
07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
sure i will!tnx man :D