PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who has met the Offspring...

KickedDown
06-27-2005, 10:03 AM
For the few lucky souls on this board who have met the Offspring, what kind of things did you talk about? Did anybody turn into a babbling idiot? Or some gushing fan?

I ask because I had a dream last night where I met Dexter Holland and I was so flustered I couldn't even speak, and I was all out of breath. I just wanted to thank him so I wouldn't come off like a complete annoying a-hole fan, but even in my dream I couldn't.

It's my mission this year to do whatever it takes at the Warped Tour to meet the Offspring. I just hope I don't make an idiot of myself!

Ronin
06-27-2005, 10:27 AM
good luck trying to find them at the warped tour....i was just there yesterday and they make themselves very scarce until showtime....but even after that they arent around. they prolly get mobbed whenever they try to hang out anyways. poor dudes...

ive talked to them before on the rockline radio show last year. they are really cool. i wasnt nervous at all. i just chatted with them with no problem. it wasnt until after i hung up the phone that it all kicked in. i didnt scream like a crazed girl fan or anything like that, i just said to myself "hoooooly crap..." very calmy and just smiled :D

they are very nice and funny, and dexter's a flirt too, lol

leo3375
06-27-2005, 11:58 AM
For the few lucky souls on this board who have met the Offspring, what kind of things did you talk about? Did anybody turn into a babbling idiot? Or some gushing fan?

I try to stay modest whenever I share my stories these days.

Basically, I was surprised I dodn't go insane the first time I met them. I smile, say hello, the old handshake, and compliment them on the show (or if it's before the show, wish them luck). I'll also ask them if it's okay to take a picture or two and them small talk ensues from there.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I met Dexter at my first show. Lucky me. The cool thing is he said come on let the kid get through. And talked to me first. He is nice as hell. He'll take pictures sign stuff. One of the nicest people Ive ever met

Tired_Of_You
06-27-2005, 12:30 PM
I try to stay modest whenever I share my stories these days.

Basically, I was surprised I dodn't go insane the first time I met them. I smile, say hello, the old handshake, and compliment them on the show (or if it's before the show, wish them luck). I'll also ask them if it's okay to take a picture or two and them small talk ensues from there.The same with me. The only difference is that I met them only once and that I couldn't take pictures so I got autographs instead.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Thats what I did when I met Dexter

FaceTheFlames
06-28-2005, 01:13 PM

I ask because I had a dream last night where I met Dexter Holland and I was so flustered I couldn't even speak, and I was all out of breath. I just wanted to thank him so I wouldn't come off like a complete annoying a-hole fan, but even in my dream I couldn't.

It's my mission this year to do whatever it takes at the Warped Tour to meet the Offspring. I just hope I don't make an idiot of myself!

Don't worry... I have dreams I am hanging out with Mike Dirnt and Tre' Cool all the time and after like the third dream I started calming down and being .. well Punk. Like riding in the back of a pick-up full of junk and screaming down the highway... yeah.. um.. back to topic.. I share in your mission to meet them at Warped Tour. I will be at the Orlando show and I wont hesitate to jack someone who gets between me and them. But.. just try to convince yourself... they are only human... with talent and money... but they are just like us....

~Tara
(Face the Flames)

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 01:18 PM

i meet them but kinda froze ^.

nameless
06-28-2005, 03:35 PM
for the people who met them outside gigs, do you just hang round by their tour bus for ages?! i waited round for pennywise but there was no sign of them and i ended up leaving!

TRUSTpunk
06-28-2005, 04:45 PM
My first time seeing them live!

X-Fest 2004 in Burgettstown, PA

I met Atom Willard and Chris Higgins on May 28, 2004 around
the gate , Atom Willard was helping his former band with the
drums , he was setting them up for Auf Der Mar.

We just chatted about the usual and took a photo of each of the
two members , it was pretty cool to actually meet them and even
cooler , I saw Auf Der Mar live in concert after that. Sweet!

P.S. I didn't say "Oh My God! I love you! lol" I just asked after I
talked to each of the two members if its ok to take a picture. :cool:

Sincerely , TRUSTpunk

pyrosk8er
06-28-2005, 10:21 PM
I got to meet Dexter at the Warped Tour in Dallas last week. After their set I stood next to the stage at the fence with some other people watching the guys talk to some people backstage. Then Higgins brought him over to the fence where he signed autographs for a few minutes. I was lucky enough to get a handshake and a few words. It made my day to finally meet him after 4 years of waiting! See I met everyone else, excluding Atom of course, in '01 when I won passes from Offspring Nation.

So, I think that would be your best bet for meeting them at Warped.

leo3375
06-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Whitney! Long time no see!

Back on topic, though. A lot of people have said they would get really nervous about meeting them but upon metting the guys, they relax a lot more. I know I'll relax and then freak out when I know they won't see or hear me.

Me in front of them: "Good luck with the rest of the tour, man."

Me away from them, out of eye- and earshot: "WOO-HOO!!!"

pyrosk8er
06-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Whitney! Long time no see!

Back on topic, though. A lot of people have said they would get really nervous about meeting them but upon metting the guys, they relax a lot more. I know I'll relax and then freak out when I know they won't see or hear me.

Me in front of them: "Good luck with the rest of the tour, man."

Me away from them, out of eye- and earshot: "WOO-HOO!!!"

yes! hi!

oh man, I did that!!

When I was safely away from the fence I called my mom. haha
She couldn't remember which one he was though.

Venom Symbiote
06-29-2005, 02:27 AM
I got a reaction from Noodles and Greg (during show, in-between songs) at the Brisbane Riverstage show in June 2004. I was screaming "IGNITION!" incessantly in the breaks, I even got a little chant going with my friends and a couple of strange girls around me. Then some dude behind me started yelling "SMASH!", haha. Noodles was laughing pretty hard, Greg chuckled a little towards the end too. Then they both kinda looked at each other laughing, and gave us a little "ok, that's enough, joke's over kiddies" glance. It made my night. :D

Also got the "peace sign" from Atom when I yelled "ATOM!" as he walked out to the side of the stage to watch opening band Bodyjar play (I'm pretty sure, being Australian - and self-proclaimed biggest fan in Brisbane, despite having only seen them live once - I was one of only about 10 people at the show who knew who the hell he was, they were probably expecting Ron, being casual fans). He smiled and did a little gesture, 'twas awesome.

That's about as close as I've ever gotten to *meeting* the band.

Then again, I've had James Hetfield himself address me directly (I stumbled over in the insane mosh, and jumped back up headbanging - he did the devils horn and yelled something along the lines of "that's the spirit, you Brisbane kids rock!" - I was second row in mosh, he was looking directly at me and grinning), so I'm not complaining. :cool: