PDA

View Full Version : Gone Away?

Offspring-Fanatic
06-27-2005, 03:16 PM
hey does anyone know

was it Dexter's wife or girlfriend that died in the car accident...

I've heard both, i want to know which one is true

Offspring-Fanatic
06-27-2005, 03:24 PM
does ANYONE freaking know?

Aimeht
06-27-2005, 03:26 PM
My God.

I say nothing.

maciex
06-27-2005, 03:26 PM
no

Jack the Tripper
06-27-2005, 03:30 PM
here's the first of many versions of this repeative thread.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-131.html

Offspring-Fanatic
06-27-2005, 03:37 PM
THAT DOESN'T ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION!!

all that is, is two girls arguing!!

Offspring-Fanatic
06-27-2005, 04:00 PM
anyone??????

Manic subsidal
06-27-2005, 04:30 PM
It's his girlfriend that died in a car accident.

Yes I know I lied but seriously shut the fuck up. Obviously Dexter didn't want to get too deep when he was talking about this song in the "behind the songs", and I also remember people asking him in interviews what the song was about and he refused to say so.

So stop bumping this thread (hopefully this post will be the last) and leave everyone alone.

Hyper nova
06-27-2005, 04:40 PM
No, No one knows.

Both stories are just rumor and the fact that Ixnay thanks a Kristine Holland and since his daughters name begins with and A (can't remember name Andrea??) then i can only assume wife (although last name the same could mean Sister) (can anyone fill in the blanks).

And if it is his wife why would he thank her if she had died??? i think the thanks would have elaborated on that?

No official story from the band or bands reps have ever been given nor has any story ever sugested thats what the song is about it is purly rumor nothing more.

Tired_Of_You
06-27-2005, 04:42 PM
I think her name is Alexa.

Everybody knows that Gone Away is about his dog.

Hyper nova
06-27-2005, 04:49 PM

Thanks for the name corrention and i said it was about his dog in another thread along the same lines:D

dain84
06-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Kristine Holland is his current wife, Kristine Luna.

Jhonny
06-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Gone away went away.

Little_Miss_1565
06-27-2005, 06:35 PM
As has been said already, Dexter repeatedly declines to discuss what the song is about in interviews. Besides, the song has really taken on its own life, being about loss or what have you in general, and it's become something that anyone can relate to their own lives. Whatever or whoever inspired the song, though, is something Dexter's wanted to keep to himself, and thus...so be it.

If he wanted us to know, he would have told us in 1997 when Ixnay came out.

AlphaDrake
06-27-2005, 07:51 PM

lol 10/10 10char

Julie
06-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Learn to use the SEARCH ENGINE. :rolleyes:

leo3375
06-27-2005, 08:56 PM
If I get to be a mod for this board, this will be included in a FAQ thread.

Dexter doesn't like to talk about it. There are rumors about it but until there is confirmation (which is not bloody likely in the near future) they will remain rumors. Since I have a lot of respect for Dexter I don't pry into this chapter of his life.

Ronin
06-27-2005, 09:03 PM
damn some of you need to leave poor dexter alone....

he doesnt say who for a reason. im sure if he were here seeing you guys poke around about it all this time, he would get annoyed and pissed off.

leave it alone, there's no reason so focus on something that was probably the worst part of his life.

just let it be, and we'll all be happier

offspring_freak_3
06-27-2005, 09:38 PM
damn some of you need to leave poor dexter alone....

he doesnt say who for a reason. im sure if he were here seeing you guys poke around about it all this time, he would get annoyed and pissed off.

leave it alone, there's no reason so focus on something that was probably the worst part of his life.

just let it be, and we'll all be happier

you said all. i agree with you
you guys should leave poor dexter alone....

Venom Symbiote
06-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Leave it be.

Anyone who brings this up should be automatically banned, as far as I'm concerned. Sure, we can speculate on it, but what gives us the fucking right to?

Look, Gone Away has basically saved my life. As corny as that sounds. If it's anything like what we can guess about, if it was me I wouldn't want to go into detail about it for some pesky kids on a forum. It's personal, leave it the fuck alone. He can put it in the past if he wants to, let him deal with it how he pleases and stop hounding him either directly or indirectly through this forum about it.

Enough, children.

Camilamazed
06-27-2005, 10:45 PM
hey does anyone know

was it Dexter's wife or girlfriend that died in the car accident...

I've heard both, i want to know which one is true

For fuck's sake. No one can be sure about it.Dexter has never mentioned that.We may find that out when he says something on "Dexter on songs" Session.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-27-2005, 10:49 PM
This thread is still alive? If I were a mod this would be closed.

FaceTheFlames
06-28-2005, 01:05 PM
It was his wife... and the mother of his daughter. Now he has a girlfriend... unless he got married since I last heard... Something.. Luna? I dunno.
~Tara
(Face The Flames)

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 01:11 PM
We need 2 b done w/ this topic. as already stated dexter doesnt want ppl 2 fuckin no so shut the fuck up and leave the topic alone.

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 01:13 PM
It was his wife... and the mother of his daughter. Now he has a girlfriend... unless he got married since I last heard... Something.. Luna? I dunno.
~Tara
(Face The Flames)
yeah hes kinda been married 4 10 yrs thats all im gonna say about the topic.

Offspring-Fanatic
06-28-2005, 01:58 PM
well god, i was just looking at descriptions of the cd on amazon, and some said wife and some said girlfriend...

i just wanted to know which one was true! stop getting on my frickin case!!

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 02:00 PM
well no ones gonna tell u cuz no one nos except dexter. everyone thinks they no but they don't. dexters not gonna tell u.

darko
06-28-2005, 02:00 PM
didnt u think to do a search first?

then you'd have learned that NOT a question u ask around here

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 02:01 PM

thank u get it through ppls brain.

Offspring-Fanatic
06-28-2005, 02:01 PM
if you don't like it, then DON'T RESPOND!

I JUST WANTED a clear answer okay?
im sorry that i OFFENDED any of you idiots.

Offspring-Fanatic
06-28-2005, 02:02 PM
i tried a frickin search engine!!!

it didn't work!

so i came here, and all u frickin idiots r mad at me for just wanted a clear answer!

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 02:02 PM
we aren't offended. we just have told ppl this thousands of times and no one ever thinks to do a search. and ur the idiot cuz u would no not 2 ask this question. and ppl need 2 stop stealing my FUCKING AVATAR!!

Offspring-Fanatic
06-28-2005, 02:03 PM

well god, it seems like you also think you KNOW EVERYTHING!

Offspring-Fanatic
06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
ppl need 2 stop stealing my FUCKING AVATAR!!

nobody stole it! ANYONE CAN FUCKING FIND IT!!!!

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
no they just no u dont ask that question here.

Offspring-Fanatic
06-28-2005, 02:11 PM
well okay, everyone else has been around that much longer than me!

Offspring-Fanatic
06-28-2005, 02:17 PM
so therefore, i wouldn't know not to ask such a question!

darko
06-28-2005, 04:24 PM

honey, i've been here long enough to see this question been asked by nearly VERY new member, I ALSO have enough sense to know by listening to the lryics and they fact dexter NEVER wants to answer the question NOT TO ASK IT!

Tired_Of_You
06-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the name corrention and i said it was about his dog in another thread along the same lines:DI don't remember someone said that before me. haha.

punk_riOt
06-28-2005, 08:25 PM
I don't think it matters, he wants it quiet so we shouldn't wonder. He obviously lost someone very close to him.

leo3375
06-28-2005, 09:53 PM
There are certain questions that are taboo. The story behind "Gone Away" is one of them. As I've said in the past, it's a private issue and we should not pry into the private lives of the band members.

FaceTheFlames
06-28-2005, 10:13 PM
~Tara
(Face The Flames)
Y'know.. later on I started to think about it.. and I honestly don't even know if that's WHY he wrote this song. It doesn't matter anyhow cuz I like it. But, the reason I said Kristine Luna was his girlfriend was cuz the site i found the info on said so.. so I am citing a site... so to speak. Anyhow.. the song is hot.. and Dexter looks really cute in the song. Yes "Cute" damnit.. anyone got a problem with it?
~Tara