PDA

View Full Version : The single most backwards-ass policy we have is...

Mota Boy
11-11-2004, 02:11 AM
I'm vaguely interested in people's opinions on this matter. In your home country, what is the single most obviously idiotic law that is still on the books? I'm not talking about dumbass "barber's can't eat onions between the hours of 8 a.m. and six p.m." laws that are on the books in various small towns. I mean, which public policy should anyone able to stand upright notice is ass-backwards and should be done away with?

For me it's our nation's marijuana laws. Nearly a million arrests annually clog up our legal system for as harmless a drug as you can come by whose profits go to organized crime instead of hard-working farmers.

A close second is our continued embargo to Cuba, only maintained because of a large Cuban population in the swing state of Florida.

So, what's your pick?

RXP
11-11-2004, 03:41 AM
You a yank? Patriot Act. No question.

Here the new Sexual Offences Act 2003. It's gay. Feminist bull shit.

lousyskater
11-11-2004, 04:17 AM
tie between the Patriot Act and the bans on gay marriage.
________
NEFERTITY LIVE (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/nefertity)

Horse
11-11-2004, 06:48 AM
if u rob sum1 here n slip on a wet floor in ther house u can sue them for negligence... i figure thats prety fuked...

lousyskater
11-11-2004, 02:31 PM
^ same thing happens here.
________
Wiki Vaporizer (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

wheelchairman
11-11-2004, 02:45 PM
if u rob sum1 here n slip on a wet floor in ther house u can sue them for negligence... i figure thats prety fuked...
Ova hier ppl r klled 4 n0t bng abel teh sp3l pr0p3ryl.

lousyskater
11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Ova hier ppl r klled 4 n0t bng abel teh sp3l pr0p3ryl.

pure gold.
________
Ass live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/anal-sex/)

SicN Twisted
11-11-2004, 09:30 PM
The Death Penalty.

The Patriot Act sucks, but most horrible things about the Patriot Act exist in Europe normally, and nobody complains. The Patriot Act is only bad because the US previously valued free speech more then it does now.

Vera
11-12-2004, 10:39 AM
East Finland's Higher Regional Court lowered a rapist's prison sentence because he had a job. What the fuck, I know.

Basically the fact you can get away with so little if you raped someone, but if you're charged with some kind of a drug crime you're almost certainly going to jail for a few years.

I hate drugs and everything, but I definitely would like to have safer streets, as well.

But I think this is happening in a lot of countries right now. Alarming. :/

RXP
11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
East Finland's Higher Regional Court lowered a rapist's prison sentence because he had a job. What the fuck, I know.
/

There's gotta be more to it than that. If that is it oh my fucking lord. The precedent it sets is alarming. If a rapist has a job then he gets a reduced prison sentence.

I agree with the Death Penality btw. Stupid law.

Vera
11-12-2004, 11:29 AM
There might've been something else to it, but I honestly can't remember. The basic reason for the lowering of the sentence was basically that and that's why the whole thing got so much media attention.

It's become a common joke in Finland that the East Finland's High Regional Court gives really stupid sentences. Like, "I killed three people and East Finland's High Regional Court paid me money because the blood ruined my shirt!"

hereforone
11-12-2004, 07:02 PM
I agree with the Death Penality btw. Stupid law.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but the death penalty is a good thing, it may seem cruel, but think again what the offender has done to deserve it

Vera
11-12-2004, 07:07 PM
You may argue death penalty in here: http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=992

sumrandumpunk
11-13-2004, 05:45 PM
I don't think theres one, but theres a few: Patriot Act, many of the liability laws (that allow some law firms to make millions for some poor bastard tripping on your porch), and the bans on gay marriage... i dont like gays, but they have the same rights we do, the government CAN NEVER tell us what to live by... Its a land of freedom and they're taking away those poor peoples freedom (poor as in it sucks that the gov't did that, not poor as in pitiful)

sumrandumpunk
11-13-2004, 05:50 PM
oh yes, mary j isnt harmful? ask that to doctors who treat the fuckin dumabsses the do it... i agree that that it is clogging our legal system, but the effects make you someone else who doesnt give a shit about anything... how about when ur best frined turns to mary j? you'll think differently then... you wont know where the real them went! ask if its harmful when he'd begging for some through the fuckin phone when you talk to him... its different when you see someone using it in ur eyes... but like you said... its a problem w/ numbers of people

RXP
11-14-2004, 01:41 AM
I agree with the Death Penality btw. Stupid law.

I'm sorry, but the death penalty is a good thing, it may seem cruel, but think again what the offender has done to deserve it[/QUOTE]

You are a fucking idoit. But then again so is everyone. Just your more of an idoit.

There have been innocents to have been sentenced to death. The risk alone should stop it.

Also death isn't even a punishment if you want to play it like that. It's a release.

The thing I hate about the death penality is the fact some innocent might know he will be sentenced to death knowing that he has done nothing. That has to be the most awful pain.

Vera
11-14-2004, 10:56 AM
You may argue death penalty in here: http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=992

Pay attention, Dush.

SicN Twisted
11-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Having a job shows signs of rehabiliation. Rehabiliation is a major part of the modern justice system. Rapists are capable of rehibiliation, so I find nothing wrong with that program. If prison was based on retribution and nobody got second chances because the government based it's policies on outdated, medieval moral ideas, that would be backward ass.

malumboman
11-14-2004, 07:40 PM
The most backward law we have is the one that allows women to vote! Stupid bitches should be cooking my dinner or sucking my dick, not voting!

SicN Twisted
11-15-2004, 10:11 AM
God bless your mother.

RXP
11-15-2004, 02:53 PM
The most backward law we have is the one that allows women to vote! Stupid bitches should be cooking my dinner or sucking my dick, not voting!

Agreed.

Bitches are only good for injesting cum thru various holes.

sumrandumpunk
11-15-2004, 06:52 PM
how old are you kids? ten? have your nuts even dropped? do you know what love is? when you find out what love is... your ideas should change... fucking idiots... what if women rules the world and said... "Men are only good for pleasuring us... we'll kill those with small dicks because they can't pleasure us... Those dumb primitive species do their one job well... fucking!"
You'd hate the fact that you're a slave... but your primitive minds would like being laid alot... think about how woemn feel you dumbshits... (BTW I'm a guy so... you can't call me sexist like yourselfs... HAHA!)

malumboman
11-15-2004, 07:22 PM
oh, youre gay? no wonder the country is so backwards. and i said they can cook and clean too, not just suck my dick.

malumboman
11-15-2004, 07:25 PM
why dont women need to wear watches?
theres a clock on the stove!

malumboman
11-15-2004, 07:25 PM
why is there a window over the kitchen sink?
so she can see when she needs to cut the grass!

malumboman
11-15-2004, 07:26 PM
why shouldnt women be allowed to drive?
theres no road connecting the kitchen to the laundry room!

malumboman
11-15-2004, 07:27 PM
whats the difference between a woman and a video game?
video games get old after you beat them once!

malumboman
11-15-2004, 07:28 PM
whats the differece between a woman and a rug?
you have to take a rug outside to beat it!