PDA

View Full Version : i think greenday rox

Greenday_gurl666
06-27-2005, 05:22 PM
:p I think that all u ppl who supposedly "hate" greenday r only sayin that 2 fit in. i think that greenday is better than any other band u shit heads r just jealous so shut ur fuckin faggot ass faces u posers cuz greenday rox and u suck

Unnatural Disaster
06-27-2005, 05:23 PM
You know there is a forum on the message board specifically for discussing other bands...

IdiotOfTheDay
06-27-2005, 05:53 PM
:p I think that all u ppl who supposedly "hate" greenday r only sayin that 2 fit in. i think that greenday is better than any other band u shit heads r just jealous so shut ur fuckin faggot ass faces u posers cuz greenday rox and u suck
And so you came on the Offspring forums because....?

BobdaAlkoholic
06-27-2005, 06:10 PM
posers say they like bands not hate em...and you really are an idiot posting this message on an OFFSPRING forum AND on the wrong sextion of the forum. Besides green day inspired tons of these new shit ass bands like simple plan and good charolette who would ahve never existed if green day never inspired them.

Manic subsidal
06-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Let's do the *GUESS HOW OLD YOU THINK GREEN DAY GIRL IS* game!!

Seriously, get the fuck off these forums. If it bothers you that much that people online that you don't even know are disliking your totally super cute green day band ^_^ ...then that's pretty sad.

By the way, I bet it all for 12 years old.

original_prankster
06-27-2005, 07:15 PM
People don't have to like Green Day. It just gets on my nerves when people make idiotic posts about their hatred for them. Which reminds me, your post gave me quite a laugh. Thanks for that. :)

0r4ng3
06-27-2005, 07:18 PM
I hate these posts as much as I hate Green Day hate posts. I don't know why, perhaps it's because the poster sounds just like a retard Green Day hater, with the opposite opinion.

Jebus
06-27-2005, 07:25 PM
:p I think that all u ppl who supposedly "hate" greenday r only sayin that 2 fit in. i think that greenday is better than any other band u shit heads r just jealous so shut ur fuckin faggot ass faces u poserscuz greenday rox and u suck
Irony ++++++

Homer
06-27-2005, 07:49 PM

I never knew that a human being can be so very, very stupid. No, really.

Also, I don't care if your "self esteem" is hurt, actually, I do care. I wish it was hurt so much that you would then end your life. Please, go on.

Manic subsidal
06-27-2005, 07:55 PM
I hope green day girl comes back here soon and gives us another post filled with shorthand talk. They're actually pretty funny to read. I doubt she'll come back though, I mean come on, why would she waste time posting here when she can be cybering with her green day hotties. Oh what a place the internet is...

bouncingcoles
06-27-2005, 07:56 PM

dude, this is a fucking offspring message board. if your going to post fucking shit about gay greenday you post it in the "other band" chat forum. ok dumbass?

Venom Symbiote
06-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Green Day are better *musicians* than The Offspring. That much is obvious.

However, Green Day are also self-compromising anti-Bush twats making videos about the Iraq War, and wearing neckties Avril-style.

For the record, while this person is retarded, a lot of you Offspring fans aren't much better.

It's just the pre-teen syndrome that's been going around since about 2001. The generation gap between you and we older teens is pretty intense. It just doesn't make any sense, that in a span of about 5 or 6 years people can grow that significantly dumber.

That is all.

Good day to thee, and may your grandma suck crystal meth through a straw and be raped by Snuffleupagus.

samr
06-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Just remember who did the 10 minute song first. Offspring or Green Day?

Brines
06-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Uh, Green Day. Unless you count Pay the Man or Smash, which has a lot of empty space. Anyway, I think The Offspring are better musicians. There goes your whole argument, Venom. They've sold more records too.

Venom Symbiote
06-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Billy Joe is a better *musician* than anyone in The Offspring. Noodles included. He can play a wider variety of stuff, WELL, plus sing.

No argument.

Doesn't mean Green Day are the better band.

The Offspring have loads more charisma, integrity, and Dexter's songwriting ability is incredibly tight. Plus the fact that they all got into music relatively late (especially Bryan and Greg), and taught themselves everything they know, I'd say they've done bloody well under the circumstances.

Doesn't change the fact that if you're looking solely at musical ability and intrinsic birth-talent, Billy Joe blows any of the Offspring guys out the window.

Understand now?

Brines
06-27-2005, 08:39 PM
How can you call Billy Joe a singer? He sings through his nose. I never said Dexter had the best voice in the world, but I think it is more appealing than Billy Joe's. The Offspring makes better music, making them better musicians. That's like me saying I'm better than you at soccer, and then you kicking my ass several times. Enough times to make it apparent that you're the clear winner. You judge a musician by the music they've made, not their capabilities.

Manic subsidal
06-27-2005, 08:41 PM
I totally disagree with your whole "green day are better musicians" thing and you'll be like "no you're wrong" and I'll be like "liar liar pants on fire" and so on. Soon this will turn into some lame offspring vs. green day crap...

...but when it comes to writing lyrics. Mr. Holland beats the fuck out of Green day's little songs. No one can argue there.

Venom Symbiote
06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
If you're going on technicalities, in the traditional sense Billy Joe has made much better music, more consistently, throughout his time in his field.

Dexter's probably made more influential music, mixed it up a bit, but his real talent lies in the social commentary and clever observations of everyday life. Not the music itself.

rocketman
06-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Billy Joe is a better *musician* than anyone in The Offspring. Noodles included. He can play a wider variety of stuff, WELL, plus sing.

ok not to make an argument, just want to point out...i've watched the Grammy's and SNL when Green Day was on it and actually there is a SECOND guitarist in Green Day. Not sure if they added him or sumthing, but I saw them play Holiday and it looked like the second guitarist playing the much more difficult parts than Billy Joe.

Jebus
06-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Noodles included. He can play a wider variety of stuff,
I find this funny. The difference between Billy Joe's and Noodle's talent in terms of guitaring is so slight that they are just barely comparable. Both of them are nothing in the whole grand scheme of things eitherway. This aside, Noodles is still a better guitarist.

original_prankster
06-27-2005, 09:22 PM
ok not to make an argument, just want to point out...i've watched the Grammy's and SNL when Green Day was on it and actually there is a SECOND guitarist in Green Day. Not sure if they added him or sumthing, but I saw them play Holiday and it looked like the second guitarist playing the much more difficult parts than Billy Joe.
I have an American Idiot concert on the computer. I noticed that, too.

killboybowerhead
06-27-2005, 09:34 PM
You know that is true its lame billie doesnt play his own solos. They are so easy too. But i agree that a lot of people have gotten on this i hate this band for pretty much total nonsense. But i guess people cant enjoy music for what it is nowadays. They have to let other things get in the way.

Jebus
06-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Green Day has solos? What songs?

Manic subsidal
06-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Green Day has solos? What songs?

I'm curious about that too :confused:

Camilamazed
06-27-2005, 09:41 PM
I love Gree Day as much as I love Offspring and Alanis. But I FUCKING hate threads about GD on these boards :mad:

Punk_Conspiracy
06-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Green Day always have a second guitarist on hire for when they go out on tour, which I think is stupid. I mean, it wouldn't kill them to just bring in a second guitarist into the band.

I don't mind Green Day too much, but they're nothing next to the Offspring.

DontDiedexter
06-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Well since were saying it to "fit in" why are you trying "fit in" with other fucking faggot green day fans!!!!!! Bitch!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

DontDiedexter
06-27-2005, 11:16 PM
And learn to type BITCH!GREEN DAY FUCKING SUCKS YOUR FUCKING FAGGOT BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

wazzup22
06-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Ive seen both Green Day and Offspring live and they both kick ass!!!!

End of argument.....

neocon58
06-28-2005, 01:30 AM
:p so shut ur fuckin faggot ass faces u posers cuz greenday rox and u suck

This was my favourite part.

neocon58
06-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Green Day always have a second guitarist on hire for when they go out on tour, which I think is stupid. I mean, it wouldn't kill them to just bring in a second guitarist into the band.

You mean, like the offspring do with Higgins?

gortesque
06-28-2005, 01:39 AM
green day = the least special band on earth + in their new album every song needs a second guitar, they completley abandoned their old style. american idiot is warning + nimrod combined. oh and yeah, they make good music.

aeh20s
06-28-2005, 01:41 AM
i just love how everyone on these boards is so sick of the Green Day vs. Offspring threads and yet this one comes along and there are 4 pages of responses. way to show some restraint everybody. i love both bands, i think Dexter and Billy Joe are both really good songwriters and the bands themselves have similar themes in their music. i enjoy them both, and they both have great live shows. can't we all just get along?

SkyRocker
06-28-2005, 01:42 AM
You mean, like the offspring do with Higgins?
Green day has for a long time used Drummer+Guitarist+Bassist but now that they are doing different songs with effects,etc. they use more often a lead guitar, that's since 2000 and warning album, but the guy, "tatoo" ( don't know if i'm right ) is not here very often on concert, he isn't on album covers...

Preecey
06-28-2005, 02:04 AM
That's the good thing about the Offspring, though. They have four members and can be more flexible in music styles. Green Day's songs tend to sound the same.

Preecey
06-28-2005, 02:15 AM
Let's do the *GUESS HOW OLD YOU THINK GREEN DAY GIRL IS* game!!

By the way, I bet it all for 12 years old.
I'm saying either twelve or thirteen.

Piedude
06-28-2005, 02:35 AM
Green Day solos are quite simple as they have the same formula, you play the tune in the highnotes twice then trail off at the end.
If Billie Joe can top or even play Noodles guitar parts from Self Titled then Ill eat my hats..all my hats...

EDIT: As for whoever called Higgins an unofficial second guitarist, Offspring already has two guitarists silly. Higgins is more of a backing vocalist who will occasioanlyl jump around on stage playing a guitar with noodles or something...

dirty_magic
06-28-2005, 02:54 AM
green day are good live and some of their stuff is wicked although they are no where near as good as the offspring and no billy joe is not better than noodles in fact hes shite compaired to the legend that is noodles, this is based on the fact power cord after power cord not being too taxing!

i think green day girl should be applauded for her opinion, made me laugh a lot coming from a 10* year old who is probably also into good charlotte and thed rasmus!

*based on the brilliance of her grammer skills

neocon58
06-28-2005, 03:00 AM
*based on the brilliance of her grammer skills

I'm praying that was intentional.

Hypodermic_89
06-28-2005, 03:03 AM

keep your dumbass comments to yourself.

neocon58
06-28-2005, 05:19 AM
Good day to thee, and may your grandma suck crystal meth through a straw and be raped by Snuffleupagus.

*sigged. so sigged*

dirty_magic
06-28-2005, 05:55 AM
I'm praying that was intentional.

yer twas. i was trying to continue the brilliance of the english language used

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 06:12 AM
no cuz the only poser band that i used to like is green day. they were really good then warning started sucking then american idiot now that just was embarassing. they should fell ashaimed 2 call themselves punk after that piece of shit album. oh wait they arent even classified as punk nemore making the offspring one of the only really punk bands left. plus the make up thing just is nasty. guys dont wear make up. i hate guys that wear make up unless they're gay.

Lithuanian Offspring
06-28-2005, 07:17 AM
You have serious problems. I like Offspring more than Green Day but I still listen to Green Day. And I think you're trying to fit in with the crowd. What are you 12 shut up you snot nosed shit-bag. Go listen to Britney Spears and go tell everyone what big posers they are.

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 07:20 AM
You have serious problems. I like Offspring more than Green Day but I still listen to Green Day. And I think you're trying to fit in with the crowd. What are you 12 shut up you snot nosed shit-bag. Go listen to Britney Spears and go tell everyone what big posers they are.
thats so true. yeah they r following te crowd. cuz shes probablly one of those ppl that liked green day cuz they were getting really famous.

Lithuanian Offspring
06-28-2005, 07:23 AM
I must say, that this album at least had some good songs on it. But the rythum guitar is the same on each song. I think they recorded one take and just use it through out the whole album. It jsut sounds like it. And on their other albums it's the same sound.

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 07:25 AM
i hate warning and american idiot. they suck real bad

Lithuanian Offspring
06-28-2005, 07:47 AM
To each his/her own

bouncingcoles
06-28-2005, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=Venom Symbiote]Green Day are better *musicians* than The Offspring. That much is obvious.

are you high? dude your a fucking moron. both bands play pretty simple guitar riffs and drum beats. but it doesnt mean there bad musicians. if anything offspring has harder guitar riffs and solos. but that doesnt mean dexter and noodles are better then billie joe. you just cant say a band are "better musicians" then another band.

Preecey
06-28-2005, 08:09 AM
The amazing thing is the similarity of the two bands. they both run kinda parallel with one another (like Smash and Dookie were their first hit albums, both came out in the same year) and as of recent they both released controversial albums going in two different ways to their previous material. Offspring experimented with new sounds, and Green Day went for the mass appeal.

I just like Offspring more.

Splinteryourself
06-28-2005, 08:25 AM
I heard to Green day since lookout made there first album.
I liked there 1039 and kerplunk. but when they turn out to warner guys, dookie is beginning of loads of shits.

Playing pop melodys, singing 'i'm gonna destroy myself' or 'love me girl'? well, green day lost its power. Can't feel the rage of new generation, punk mind, rock spirit, anarchist mind, whatever you call it.

Someone tell me to listen to American Idiot. yeah, this album is like we're gonna take over the america, but they're just a sellout guys. I think they're renewing there band just for more cash. It's fake, made-up, not real PUNK.

and worse thing for a green day is, they're kinda fathers of fuck charlotte and Crazy plan guys. dammit.

0r4ng3
06-28-2005, 08:35 AM
I kinda just skimmed throught the posts, so if I answer something already answered, deal with it.

American Idiot is not a combination of nimrod and Warning. It's closer to Insomniac.

Green Day have always used solos. When I Come Around and Hitchin' a Ride come to mind.

0r4ng3
06-28-2005, 08:48 AM
You shouldn't judge Green Day by those two albums. Get Insomniac.

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 09:02 AM
You shouldn't judge Green Day by those two albums. Get Insomniac.
have it. i have everything b4 warning.

0r4ng3
06-28-2005, 09:24 AM
have it. i have everything b4 warning.
Oh, you meant the 2 albums sucked. I thought you meant Green Day sucked.

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 09:25 AM
no just warning and AI.

notoriousdoc
06-28-2005, 09:35 AM

http://patentpending.blogs.com/patent_pending_blog/images/illiterate.JPG

Bitch .

Untouchable
06-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Greenday does rock but so does offspring, and several other bands.

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 11:11 AM
green day used 2 rock now they suck big giant hairy balls

Offspringforever
06-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I used to listen to theyr albums a lot, but now that i've heard them too much I realised they suck

dexterisMYman
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
I used to listen to theyr albums a lot, but now that i've heard them too much I realised they suck
good you have step up on my list.

DougieD
06-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Why do you guys care so much who is better? Its personal preferance, not some fucking universal truth. I sincerely hope you people get severe diarhea in the coming days.

coke_a_holic
06-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Green Day are better *musicians* than The Offspring. That much is obvious.
Your point is invalid right there. Noodles is quite a great guitarist, he just doesn't play to his full potential on every song. Billie Joe's not very good at all; their bassist uses a pick on all the songs, even though it would be quite the same without it; and their drummers not very good either. Offspring are better than Green Day in every way except for the appeal to prepubescent females.

coke_a_holic
06-28-2005, 05:33 PM
I heard to Green day since lookout made there first album.
I liked there 1039 and kerplunk. but when they turn out to warner guys, dookie is beginning of loads of shits.

Playing pop melodys, singing 'i'm gonna destroy myself' or 'love me girl'? well, green day lost its power. Can't feel the rage of new generation, punk mind, rock spirit, anarchist mind, whatever you call it.
Sorry to double post, but the lyrics on kerplunk and 1039 are very similar to those on Dookie-Nimrod, just without the poppy melodies.

panzor41
06-28-2005, 06:02 PM
No what i think...this girl has no right to come in here and preach to us....shes a nooooooob. Earn some respect.

BobdaAlkoholic
06-28-2005, 06:04 PM
shes not coming back...probably hiding back to her crappy green day forums

rocketman
06-28-2005, 06:49 PM
shes not coming back...probably hiding back to her crappy green day forums

i don't even think that green day has forums :\

punk_riOt
06-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Hello little girl. Fuck off. Green Day are a great band, i know. But that gives you no right to first off post a thread in the wrong section, criticise everyone in general when we don't all think that one way. You don't know shit, shut up.

SkunkIt
06-28-2005, 08:43 PM
:p I think that all u ppl who supposedly "hate" greenday r only sayin that 2 fit in. i think that greenday is better than any other band u shit heads r just jealous so shut ur fuckin faggot ass faces u posers cuz greenday rox and u suckOh Reeeely??????? U luv gr33NDAy? U pozer? U R A Faggot ass face! OMGZ!!!!!!!!!!111

This message is hidden because Greenday_gurl666 is on your ignore list.

aeh20s
06-28-2005, 08:53 PM
I just feel like reposting this now that we're on our 7th page of responses:

i just love how everyone on these boards is so sick of the Green Day vs. Offspring threads and yet this one comes along and there are 4 pages of responses. way to show some restraint everybody. i love both bands, i think Dexter and Billy Joe are both really good songwriters and the bands themselves have similar themes in their music. i enjoy them both, and they both have great live shows. can't we all just get along?

coke_a_holic
06-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I just feel like reposting this now that we're on our 7th page of responses:
Only 2nd if you change the effects to be 40 per page.

Splinteryourself
06-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Sorry to double post, but the lyrics on kerplunk and 1039 are very similar to those on Dookie-Nimrod, just without the poppy melodies.

was it? dont have any records when they're in underground

then it's true, billie joe cant write lyrics.

Venom Symbiote
06-29-2005, 08:11 AM
You guys under-estimate Green Day. I mean, I hate their turn with American Idiot as much as the next guy, but they used to be a damn good band in their own right. And Billy Joe is at least as prominent a songwriter as Dexter and Tim Armstrong. Better, if you're into technical music classicism. He's a *tighter* musician, for one, if a little more basic in form.

QUOTE:
"you just cant say a band are "better musicians" then another band."

Billy Corgan and Eric Clapton are better musicians than that Pierre guy from Simple Plan and that Anastacia chick. Any arguments there, Chief? :)

SMASH0390
06-29-2005, 08:42 AM
I like green day. i like 1039smothed out slappy hours, kerplunk, dookie, insomniac, nimrod, warning, international superhits, shenanigans, ad american idiot. I also like the offspring. so what. Basically the same thing if anything the offspring is more mainstream. and i like the offspring more so comming from me known as the hardcore offspring fan among my friends. I mean neither of the two bands are truely punk anymore. I love the offspring just as much as anyone here but what pissis me off is the fans who think theres no other music out there.

Venom Symbiote
06-29-2005, 09:13 AM
The Offspring more mainstream?

Not these days, bub. ;) With Warning/Americana, sure.

Jinger Joe
06-29-2005, 09:39 AM
is there some rule that u cant like green day and the offspring? i like the offspring more, but i like green day a lot as well. and wat is the point of these "i hate green day posts"? honestly, get a life.

SMASH0390
06-29-2005, 09:49 AM
is there some rule that u cant like green day and the offspring? i like the offspring more, but i like green day a lot as well. and wat is the point of these "i hate green day posts"? honestly, get a life.

thank u lol

SMASH0390
06-29-2005, 09:50 AM
The Offspring more mainstream?

Not these days, bub. ;) With Warning/Americana, sure.

ok ok i exagerated but still they bith have grown pretty far from thier punk roots. not that thats a problem but , well idk wat my point is.

Venom Symbiote
06-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Of course. Neither band is "punk", and I wouldn't want them to be.

Fact is, Green Day pretend to be. Therefore fondle giant stiff dong.

Jinger Joe
06-29-2005, 10:35 AM
cant u just accept green day for what they are, and the offspring for wha they are

SMASH0390
06-29-2005, 10:54 AM
an ongoing war jeeze. of w.e u win kid lol ill die a green day fan tho. sooooooooooo F-U-C-K YOU. <<<in the nicest way possible :D

p.s. listening to D.U.I id never herd it b4 today holy crap :eek: . good song tho

Mentally_Challenged
06-29-2005, 10:58 AM
I love the fact that she's adores Green Day so much she can't even write the name properly. Pffft. Queers.

screwyoutoo07
06-29-2005, 11:06 AM
I love the fact that she's adores Green Day so much she can't even write the name properly. Pffft. Queers.
My thoughts exactly. Thank you.

SMASH0390
06-29-2005, 11:45 AM

uh oh! i think someones got some issues. would u like to talk about them?.....she did spell it wrong tho lol ur right. common mistake. dont call me queer. queer

dont get me wrong im not an anoying green day fan one thats overly obsesive and dosnt actually understand musical talent. i just get pissed wen ppl dis a band i like.

i need an avatar

Offspring-Fanatic
06-29-2005, 12:45 PM

I officially hate this person...I wish Green Day had a board and I could rip on them! We should all after this fiasco.

Mentally_Challenged
06-29-2005, 12:49 PM
uh oh! i think someones got some issues. would u like to talk about them?.....she did spell it wrong tho lol ur right. common mistake. dont call me queer. queer

dont get me wrong im not an anoying green day fan one thats overly obsesive and dosnt actually understand musical talent. i just get pissed wen ppl dis a band i like.

i need an avatar

1) Issues? Never...
2) Did I call you a queer? No. I just put the word queer =P
3) i woznt dissin da bnd i woz jst makin a p0int. That was necessary.

smileemptysoul44
06-29-2005, 01:12 PM
g.d sucks dick

Holger estonia
06-29-2005, 02:03 PM
green gay sucks really really much

LukyItalion74
06-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Another Beautiful post from green day girl...http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=385785#post385785

SMASH0390
06-29-2005, 04:09 PM
this is bullshit we are all offspringers here who cares. that girl did start it. mayeb it would help for another gd fan to tell her to shut up cause she wouldnt take it as hostile. these threads suck im nvr comming in one again its just stupid.

Venom Symbiote
06-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Green Day DO have a message board, you knobs.

But don't spam it, you give us all a fucking bad name. I fend off you "Offspring rulezorslolz!" twats on the GD boards all the goddamn time. You make us all look retarded.

Kindly stop.

I hate to say it, but even 12 year old Green Day fans spell better than half of you. Ach. :eek:

aeh20s
06-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Only 2nd if you change the effects to be 40 per page.

well, if you want to deal with semantics i guess i can change my post to say over 90 responses instead of commenting on how many pages were into. it seems like everyone chooses to ignore my attempts to point out how futile this entire thread is anyway.

Kerr
06-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Green Day are good, but this is in the wrong forum. Better tha yay's threads though.

Kerr
06-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Green Day DO have a message board, you knobs.

But don't spam it, you give us all a fucking bad name. I fend off you "Offspring rulezorslolz!" twats on the GD boards all the goddamn time. You make us all look retarded.

Kindly stop.

I hate to say it, but even 12 year old Green Day fans spell better than half of you. Ach. :eek:
This is what I keep on saying. Just ignore the Green Day fans if you find them annoying. Don't respond to any spam threads. This didn't seem much like a spam thread so I responded normally to it.