PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a tattoo?

FaceTheFlames
06-28-2005, 01:41 PM
I wanted to put the Offspring symbol on my wrist inside and didn;t know what would look better? Facing me, facing out, or facing like sideways so anyone can see it.

Lithuanian Offspring
06-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Do the flames pointing to your hand. like it will be upside down when your hands are down, but in the concerts when your hands are up in the air it will look cool.

FaceTheFlames
06-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Thank you.. thats what I thought! Because it looks weird to me if it is upside down from my angle.
~Tara
www.myspace.com/facetheflames

Talman
06-28-2005, 03:34 PM
or you could get an original tattoo? Anybody i know that has an offspring tattoo has the co1 skull. Look in the c01 booklet and choose something else, but not the dammit i changed again artwork.

Dead Cheerleader
06-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Nah, I think you should get the flames pointing towards you. Like Ron has. That way it will look better when others look at it.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Nah, I think you should get the flames pointing towards you. Like Ron has. That way it will look better when others look at it.

But it will look stupid at concerts when her fists are in the air. An upside down skull

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Is it really a good idea to get a tattoo of a band? I mean, unless it's symbolic or something.. if it's just because you like the band, are you sure it's a good idea? You could go off them.

Camilamazed
06-28-2005, 09:34 PM
I got the skull tattooed on my back :D

leo3375
06-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Is it really a good idea to get a tattoo of a band? I mean, unless it's symbolic or something.. if it's just because you like the band, are you sure it's a good idea? You could go off them.

This is true. Remember, it will be with you for the rest of your life. Besides, removal will likely cost at least 10x what getting the tattoo cost.

FaceTheFlames
06-28-2005, 10:04 PM
It is more or less for sentimental value, and inspiration. I don't care if I go off them, which I doubt will ever happen. If you really like music you like what you started out on. U can tell when u like somethin when everything they do sounds good, not just this song or that... but everything. So, I want it for nostalgia.. u know.. when I am like 60 I can look back and say.. "Oh yeah.. them.. they were great!" That argument about "What if u go off them" is about as effective as "Why tattoo? You'll be stuck with one forever." So, I have three, whats one more?
~Tara
www.myspace.com/facetheflames

AlphaDrake
06-28-2005, 10:50 PM

You cant get off the offspring

Sin Studly
06-29-2005, 01:10 AM
I wanted to put the Offspring symbol on my wrist inside and didn;t know what would look better? Facing me, facing out, or facing like sideways so anyone can see it.

If you're stupid enough to get a band tattoo, you might as well have RETARD inked across your forehead.

dowhatyouwant
06-29-2005, 01:25 AM
if u really, but really love the band, that whatever u do or them u will still love em and all that gay stuff you should do it, i have the stickman logo of pearl jam because is the best band in the world and ever for me

Sin Studly
06-29-2005, 01:43 AM
Lets hope you feel the same way when you hit puberty.

Splinteryourself
06-29-2005, 03:38 AM
ask for 13

and draw a 31

Hypodermic_89
06-29-2005, 05:11 AM
My friends older brother has the Co1 Vulture on his chest ^^

southpaw
06-29-2005, 01:37 PM

I am a tattoo artist and have done a few offspring tattoos...and have a few on myself.

As far as the wrist goes....the right way to do it is to have the flames towards to. If you have your arms up it will look upside down, but how often will you have your arms up?

Also..get the tattoo for you...who gives a shit if anyone can see it. Its yours.

vintagepunkrock7
06-29-2005, 06:45 PM
As far as the wrist goes....the right way to do it is to have the flames towards to. If you have your arms up it will look upside down, but how often will you have your arms up?

Also..get the tattoo for you...who gives a shit if anyone can see it. Its yours.

exactly what i was going to say, in my opinion it would look better to have the flames pointing towards you, but it shouldnt matter how anyone else thinks it looks, youre getting it for you.

Aimeht
06-29-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm going to get a black star on each arm/shoulder.

FaceTheFlames
06-29-2005, 09:30 PM
If you're stupid enough to get a band tattoo, you might as well have RETARD inked across your forehead.
Hmm.. maybe I should.. at least I could guarantee that no one else would have it. I never asked what anyone THOUGHT of my getting the tattoo itself, I asked about the positioning of it.. so unless you share my bloodline or your name is listed on any af my family's mailboxes... your opinion obviously doesn't count.
~Tara

FaceTheFlames
06-29-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm going to get a black star on each arm/shoulder.
I have a star on my back, and I have a tribal-looking lizard on my leg with an Ankh on its head. I got the lizard for several reasons, I breed reptiles, and love them.. my favorite creatures... and the ancient Egyptians believed them to be good luck and the Ankh is the symbol of eternal life... The star is cuz my name means Star in Arabic, Hindi, Urdu, Bangla... and several other languages.
~Tara