PDA

View Full Version : GH is doing worse/better than Splinter

BobdaAlkoholic
06-29-2005, 09:27 AM
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000970331

Punk outfit the Offspring enters The Billboard 200 at No. 8 with its first greatest hits set, the group's fifth top 10 title on the chart. Led by the new track "Can't Repeat," a current Billboard Modern Rock Tracks top 10 hit, the Columbia album sold 70,000 copies. Although the band's last studio effort, "Splinter," started with 88,000 in 2003, it debuted lower at No. 30. That album has sold 561,000 copies to date.

That was on the site. It's doing worse in terms of sales but better in terms of chart position.

gortesque
06-29-2005, 11:03 AM
a gh album is less requested, cause it doesent contain any NEW music, except for ONE song.

Floyd the Barber
06-29-2005, 12:53 PM
a gh album is less requested, cause it doesent contain any NEW music, except for ONE song.

Well, two songs, actually.

Anyway, I'm glad to see them open at #8, especially when crap like Coldplay and the Foo Fighters are littering the album charts.

Offspring-Fanatic
06-29-2005, 02:03 PM
omg I HATE Coldplay's Crap of Sound and Foo Fighter's The Crap of You (or Best of Crap, whichever title you like better)

THEIR NEW SONGS ARE BOTH CRAP! CAN'T REPEAT IS BETTER!

alextittycomb
06-29-2005, 02:20 PM
That was on the site. It's doing worse in terms of sales but better in terms of chart position.

I think it's because music these days has just gone completely bullshit as Offspring-Fanatic just quoted, all these 'Crap' songs are defacing our society, songs such as that goddamn Crazy Fuckin' Frog and overall they suck dick.

If you've been watching MTV, VH1 and that lot you'll have seen it's all 100 greatest this, 40 worst that these people are just begging for a rock revolution. They've also done alot of shows about Guns n' Roses and some of the other older bands such as AC/DC and Bon Jovi.

leo3375
06-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Consider the time of year when "Splinter" came out. November and December are huge months for new releases as lots of people will buy them as Christmas or Hanukah presents. Although summer can bring some big releases, the last two months of the year are the real money-makers.

Little_Miss_1565
06-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah, that fall/winter was HUGE with record releases. Most of my top 10 of the year ended up coming from that point in time.

Splinter has only gone gold? I'm really surprised.

Offspring-Fanatic
06-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I watch MTV and VH1, just begging and waiting for something Offspring to come out!!!!!!!!!!

I think VH1 should do a behind-the-music of the Offspring. I WOULD WATCH IT OVER AND OVER!

Offspring-Fanatic
06-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Splinter has only gone gold? I'm really surprised.

That's because everyone listens to that rap crap. All they talk about in rap is sex, money, and drugs.

If there was no rap, The Offspring would be king of everything.

Well, they're the rulers of punk rock to me...

Kerr
06-30-2005, 03:08 AM
Quite true.

Little_Miss_1565
06-30-2005, 07:17 AM
That's because everyone listens to that rap crap. All they talk about in rap is sex, money, and drugs.

If there was no rap, The Offspring would be king of everything.

I think that's a bit of an oversimplification.

If GH has debuted in the Billboard top 10, then people are listening to them. Only To 40 hip hop deals exclusively in sex, money, and drugs. There is a hell of a lot of amazing hip hop out there that doesn't do that, if that's what bothers you. Hip hop is becoming the new punk rock.

Caz
06-30-2005, 07:25 AM
omg I HATE Coldplay's Crap of Sound and Foo Fighter's The Crap of You (or Best of Crap, whichever title you like better)

Fuck you man the Foo Fighters are fucken awesome Dave Grohl has penned some of the best rock music of all time!
Cunt.

dexterisMYman
06-30-2005, 07:27 AM

here here foos r pissin me off they play them 2 much around here.

Caz
06-30-2005, 07:39 AM
here here foos r pissin me off they play them 2 much around here.
haha that was just to piss me off wasn't it

wasssuuupppp
09-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Fuck you man the Foo Fighters are fucken awesome Dave Grohl has penned some of the best rock music of all time!
Cunt.

I agree with you! Foo Fighters are great! Coldplay is ok!

neocon58
09-30-2005, 07:15 AM
GH is kicking Splinters arse and you know it.

offspring fan
09-30-2005, 07:18 AM

foo fighters is awsome. but the new singel isent wary good

Evka.pl
09-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Well, two songs, actually.

Anyway, I'm glad to see them open at #8, especially when crap like Coldplay and the Foo Fighters are littering the album charts.

foo fighters r not crap! :mad:

stathis21
09-30-2005, 10:44 AM
I think that's a bit of an oversimplification.

If GH has debuted in the Billboard top 10, then people are listening to them. Only To 40 hip hop deals exclusively in sex, money, and drugs. There is a hell of a lot of amazing hip hop out there that doesn't do that, if that's what bothers you. Hip hop is becoming the new punk rock.

HIP HOP SUCKS
YOU ARE MODEROTOR IN A "PUCK ROCK" FORUM AND YOU LIKE HIP HOP...
YOU SUCK.. :mad:

offspring fan
09-30-2005, 10:49 AM
HIP HOP SUCKS
hell yeh!...........

Evka.pl
09-30-2005, 10:56 AM
HIP HOP SUCKS

although i don't like HH i don't c anything wrong in liking hh and punk rock at the same time. hh is kinda taking over the function of punk lately.

brothadave79
09-30-2005, 11:33 AM
hh is kinda taking over the function of punk lately.

But yet it still manages to retain profound meanings behind songs such as "slammin' it in dat bitch's badonkadonk."

Evka.pl
09-30-2005, 11:35 AM
But yet it still manages to retain profound meanings behind songs such as "slammin' it in dat bitch's badonkadonk."
that's why i don't like HH. however there r some punk crapy songs too. it's a fair game.

Apathy
09-30-2005, 11:46 AM
There's nothing wrong with Rap, although I quite dislike most of it, (even though I do say that Eminem is fun to listen to at times) But The entire reason Billboard has seperate charts is so that people don't compare the genres, because One Genre will always have the most fans, so that particular genre will have a more sucessful album, than a band in a different genre.

Funny thing is, Most of the people on this forum never listen to actual punk rock. Sure, the offspring is close, but In reality there are somewhere in the pop/punk genre along with Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41,NoFX and all the other successful pop/punk bands, They started off as punk, or at least less poppy than they are now, and generally swayed genre's over the years.

However, when you say that Rap is only about Sex, Money, and Drugs, Well, lots of Punk music is about soley that too. In fact, some of the offspring's songs have those as their topics. Hit That is about Sex, Mota and the Worst Hangover Ever are both about Drugs/Alcohol.

brothadave79
09-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Hit That is about Sex, Mota and the Worst Hangover Ever are both about Drugs/Alcohol.

But yet none of those songs glorify sex or drugs.

brothadave79
09-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Oh and about what you said about most people here not listening to punk rock. I completely agree. A lot of people here probably wouldn't like the sound of real punk rock. I'm personally more into alternative rock.

.:SMASH:.
09-30-2005, 09:45 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000970331

Punk outfit the Offspring enters The Billboard 200 at No. 8 with its first greatest hits set, the group's fifth top 10 title on the chart. Led by the new track "Can't Repeat," a current Billboard Modern Rock Tracks top 10 hit, the Columbia album sold 70,000 copies. Although the band's last studio effort, "Splinter," started with 88,000 in 2003, it debuted lower at No. 30. That album has sold 561,000 copies to date.

the offspring are at number 2 in australia for the greatest hits album